Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

I already packed my box with 19 Ni No Kuni's and 19 Gears of War 3 games. I should have my $1,304.92 sometime next week since the trade in center isn't far from here.

Go Big or Go Home!!!

WAIT HOLD T

I already packed my box with 19 Ni No Kuni's and 19 Gears of War 3 games. I should have my $1,304.92 sometime next week since the trade in center isn't far from here.

Go Big or Go Home!!!
People will probably hate on you for this post but they're just jealous that they can't ball as hard. I bought 32 copies of Gears of War 3 from three different Gamestops (all of the complete copies that that they had in stock). I'm also not a jerk or hoarder because I left the few disc only copies behind for those that want to play it. So everyone wins.

Strong Island had lots of legislation bs about used items. Outside of GS Nass/Suff was a ghost town on selling used. Thank fully that's changed. Thanks for the heads up on WM figured that but now seems confirmed.

just came back from doing a trade at my Walmart, bought Gears 3 for $8.99 at GS and got $21.76. I was the first one to trade at this store. Couple facts about the process:

-Trade was done in Electronics dept

-My Gears case was cracked but they let it go through since the terms dont specify the condition requirements of the case (YMMV)

-They did take my License and enter it in the system

-Stores apparently wont begin selling these games till the fall (I ended up in a convo with the 3 guys in electronics about it and they all even said "We're Walmart, we do terrible ideas every now and then" lol)

-I received an e-gift card that is on a piece of paper they scan with barcode

-Apparently if you lose that paper you're screwed as they claim to have no way to reprint it.

All in all $13 for less than 30 minutes of my time...good investment.
Same here. First one, electronics department, entered license (must be 18), made me sign/date a paper, received the paper gift card but asked to have it transferred to a regular physical card which they did no problem (ymmv).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I traded today at Walmart. 4 Vita games got me a $59.87 giftcard. Not bad at all. I then bought some groceries, and 2 giftcards. One for BW3, and..... Drum roll..... A Visa giftcard. So it does work.
How and which visas. I tried at 3 stores and each time they scanned it wouldn't work. They even called a manager over who tried and it wouldn't even allow it in the system, post a pic of the case the card was in please! The ones at my stores were $50 prepaid with $3.95 fee.

just came back from doing a trade at my Walmart, bought Gears 3 for $8.99 at GS and got $21.76. I was the first one to trade at this store. Couple facts about the process:

-Trade was done in Electronics dept
-My Gears case was cracked but they let it go through since the terms dont specify the condition requirements of the case (YMMV)
-They did take my License and enter it in the system
-Stores apparently wont begin selling these games till the fall (I ended up in a convo with the 3 guys in electronics about it and they all even said "We're Walmart, we do terrible ideas every now and then" lol)
-I received an e-gift card that is on a piece of paper they scan with barcode
-Apparently if you lose that paper you're screwed as they claim to have no way to reprint it.

All in all $13 for less than 30 minutes of my time...good investment.

A good investment?! I don't care if I was handed $1,000 cash, this is crazy. Your personal info, which should only ever be presented to law enforcement or for medical purposes, is now in a database. One that could be hacked, and ALL of your info be stolen. Or abused. Or sold to the highest bidder. Not just your name and address, but your picture, your height, weight, everything about you.

Well I traded today at Walmart. 4 Vita games got me a $59.87 giftcard. Not bad at all. I then bought some groceries, and 2 giftcards. One for BW3, and..... Drum roll..... A Visa giftcard. So it does work.
I'm assuming it is because you bought more than just the Visa gift card.

From those who have shipped games, can you give us an overview of how long it took? To when you shipped to when you got the gift card? Please & thanks

I'm assuming it is because you bought more than just the Visa gift card.
Every store I tried said I had to buy groceries first then the visa in a separate transaction. They said it won't work but she tried ringing it up with my groceries anyways and nothing.

I knew I was going to have problems before trying to trade in and as expected I was right.

I went to BBY and picked up 2 copies of GoW plus Yakuza 4 for PS3 since it was B2G1 free and that was the only other $9.99 game they had that looked any good. I then went to customer service at Walmart and of course they had no idea about the trade ins. She thought I meant I wanted to return the games and suggested I go to the electronics department.

At the electronics department, again they had no idea what I meant with trading in games and thought I wanted to buy a game. I explained the trade in program and the worker said he didn't know anything about it and went to ask a manager. 5 minutes later I am told they do take trade ins but it doesn't start until tomorrow. I didn't feel like disagreeing especially since I checked the thread while I was waiting for the worker to return and saw it only gets $0.53 in store and I knew there was basically no chance of them honoring the online price.

So it was a waste of time trying to trade in store, I already locked in 2 copies to mail in.

Just walked into a Walmart that is supposed to be taking trades. Asked the greeter if it was electronics or customer service, she immediately said customer service, and I got a false sense that it might actually go smoothly. When I got to cs, however, they said they hadn't started doing it yet. I told them that today is the first day, and they said they haven't been trained and can't do it. I locked in gears 3 online, but I was hoping it'd cover some groceries tonight. Oh well.

At Walmart now, CS rep said I could only return for a GC they didn't do trade ins. I pointed to a sign above her head and she said she had no clue what that was.

Just got back from Gamestop and Walmart. 

Went to Gamestop and brought 3 GoW3's. The system wouldn't allow me to use my 20% off bday coupon on all 3 games but I digress. 

Went to Walmart and we were the first people to try the deal. The girl at electronics (not customer service. it has to be done at electronics) had no idea what to do. She said the store didn't tell them about trade in's. She end up following the registers instructions and figured it out.

She checked if the case had the game and that's it. Rang it up perfectly after she figured out it's not suppose to go on a card.

We end up getting a Walmart In Store card and transferring all the money to that card (free of charge of course). The store didn't have any visa gift cards (just reloadable one's) so we have to figure out how to get the money off the card.

Anyways, loving Walmart's trade in process. Can trade in as many copies as I want and easily get credit. Can't wait for more deals.

A good investment?! I don't care if I was handed $1,000 cash, this is crazy. Your personal info, which should only ever be presented to law enforcement or for medical purposes, is now in a database. One that could be hacked, and ALL of your info be stolen. Or abused. Or sold to the highest bidder. Not just your name and address, but your picture, your height, weight, everything about you.
I sincerely doubt you've avoided being in database yourself. Shoot they take your ID at Walmart (and many other places) if you simply return something so at that point you're choosing between losing out on money or being in a database.

LOL

Here's some posts from that other site.

"Just traded in 13 copies in-store. Could only trade 11 at one time as the one-transaction limit is $250. I traded in the other 2 immediately with no problem. Paid 7.99 per copy, so I made out fairly well."

"Every walmart within 20 miles had no idea how to do this

I bought 14 copies...

do not mention you are trading them in. They will limit you to 2 copies."

Will be dead soon for real

They can't limit you anything. The trade in doesn't have a limit as far as I can tell. If they try to deny you simple ask where it states there is a limit.
That was just quotes from what other people posted. I don't think there is a limit for in store but online is 19? At least that's what other people posted so assume it is.

i went to my local gamestop and picked up 7 copies of GoW3. they kinda questioned me about why i was getting 7 copies of the same game so i told them about the trade in at walmart and they were cool about it. they were like I should leave the gamestop price tag so they can see what it's really worth. lol but i went to walmart and traded them in with no questions asked. I didn't buy any gc with them but I'm on the hunt for the $70 3DS my brother and his girlfriend scored today at walmart. Struck out where I went looking for them but hopefully I can find 1 to make this trade in worth it for me

So went to a local pre paid store that had GoW 3 for 4.99, buy 2 get one free. Paid $77 for 18 copies. Went straight to WalMart traded 16 in, they won't take them without upcs so the system pack ins won't fly, and got $326.40. Other two would have put me at close to $380. Gonna have them pm an Asus t100t so new tablet to replace my dying laptop for 77. And I'll return the last 2 and get a bluray or something

My Best Buy didn't have any complete cases all three of them were generic cases. no thanks to the traders that like to keep the cases.

Is trade-in limited to specific locations? Or is it for all Wal-Marts?
Specific locations or you put in an online trade and ship through FedEx.

I've seen people mention mixed results on ability to get Visa gift cards, but what about other gift cards like Taco Bell, AMC Theaters, etc? Could I use this Walmart credit on those?

I traded in 3 GoW3 and Super Mario 3d world (wiiu). Got a $103.xx. Pre-ordered Mario Kart 8 and gift card to spare. Thanks fellow CAGs!

So went to a local pre paid store that had GoW 3 for 4.99, buy 2 get one free. Paid $77 for 18 copies. Went straight to WalMart traded 16 in, they won't take them without upcs so the system pack ins won't fly, and got $326.40. Other two would have put me at close to $380. Gonna have them pm an Asus t100t so new tablet to replace my dying laptop for 77. And I'll return the last 2 and get a bluray or something
Sorry, what is a pre paid store?

I sincerely doubt you've avoided being in database yourself. Shoot they take your ID at Walmart (and many other places) if you simply return something so at that point you're choosing between losing out on money or being in a database.
Not once. Not ever. I have NEVER given my ID to any store. best buy (always have a manager override if I need an exchange/return), target (refuse ID when purchasing anything required, supervisor can override if you insist), and I won't trade anything in either just because I keep everything I buy.

So can you ship them the games and then you instantly get the gift card? Or do you have to wait until they recieve your package to get the gift card?

So WalMart didn't say anything to you guys selling 7+ copies of GoW? Lol. They were ok with that? My luck would be buying 10 copies and then they won't buy any or value will be crap. 

So WalMart didn't say anything to you guys selling 7+ copies of GoW? Lol. They were ok with that? My luck would be buying 10 copies and then they won't buy any or value will be crap.
nope. dude was just like oh you got 7 copies and then just checked the discs to see if they were good

Lol I'm at wallyworld now and the clerk was like "why do you have 4 copies of gow3?" I didn't say anything and just waited for him to do his thing. One thing I can't stand about Walmart is when people see you being helped and they decide to hover. So annoying , I just want to say "back the fck up!

nope. dude was just like oh you got 7 copies and then just checked the discs to see if they were good
I REALLY need to try this. Wonder if they will catch on quickly? I might see if I can do this tomorrow afternoon. Lol. Any more good trade values?

bread's done
Back