Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

So why not set-up a trade-in online to lock in the value before it drops.... then order a bunch new from Amazon where it's like $12 new? Guarantees disk / case. Then just ship it when they get here in a few days right?

This part makes me nervous in the terms and conditions: "The Company reserves the right to void any transaction and return the Product(s) to the Seller.

And it DEFINITELY says that have to have it within 10 days of the quote on top of that.

Not once. Not ever. I have NEVER given my ID to any store. best buy (always have a manager override if I need an exchange/return), target (refuse ID when purchasing anything required, supervisor can override if you insist), and I won't trade anything in either just because I keep everything I buy.
Then wtf are you doing in here?

So why not set-up a trade-in online to lock in the value before it drops.... then order a bunch new from Amazon where it's like $12 new? Guarantees disk / case. Then just ship it when they get here in a few days right?
Well, I just traded in (online) some older 360/PS3 games I never play - that have a decent value, but the thing that's a bit worrisome is they might not honor the locked-in price, but rather try and give you the current (up to date) value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. It doesn't hurt to lock in a trade online even if you plan on trading in store. I personally would try to get them from Gamestop for $10 or less if you have PUR Pro and/or use a coupon. I'm guessing this game should have plenty of copies readily available unless your store gets cleaned out by someone who saw this on CAG or SD.

Just saw this. Going to try to find a couple GOW3 quickly in the AM. 

Does anyone know if you can do this overnight at any of the 24hr walmarts?

I got shot down on 2 of my 8 trades because the discs had scratches. They aren't deep but they are visible which they are claiming that is enough. So I guess I'll try and polish them out and try again. I'm trying to get a Wii U for about $80 out of pocket.

Yes. It doesn't hurt to lock in a trade online even if you plan on trading in store. I personally would try to get them from Gamestop for $10 or less if you have PUR Pro and/or use a coupon. I'm guessing this game should have plenty of copies readily available unless your store gets cleaned out by someone who saw this on CAG or SD.
Or best buy online for instore pick up, cancel and then use the buy 2 get 1 free promo. Can anyone confirm that it works on multiple copies of a game?

Well, I just traded in (online) some older 360/PS3 games I never play - that have a decent value, but the thing that's a bit worrisome is they might not honor the locked-in price, but rather try and give you the current (up to date) value.
From the terms, if they change it, they have to contact you to approve or reject the new offer. So I guess worst case scenario, order some from "fulfilled by Amazon" so you have the return policy in tact and if WM screws you, reject it, get them back and return at Amazon. maybe lose some shipping. I don't know. I'm still debating.

Think I'm going to hunt down 2 copies of GoW3, trade them in, and price match DK Tropical Freeze next week. Awesome. Maybe I'll do the same and pick up the new Diablo expansion.. Hmm..

Until a couple hours ago there was no confirmation if an ID is required, gamestop does not require one. Is than enough of an explanation?

Why are YOU here?
BUT YOU DONT TRADE ANYTHING IN!!!

, and I won't trade anything in either just because I keep everything I buy.

(Looks at thread title)

Wtf.

Seriously you're in a trade thread to tell us you don't trade anything in. Wtf. Troll harder.

Have to do trade ins at electronics since they dont have the necessary computer up at customer service. Got there at 8:50 but they stopped taking trade ins at 8:30pm (closed the registers already). so have to come back in the morning. Locked in tiv online just in case.

I'll see if I can hunt down a couple GoW3 copies before class tomorrow.

Saw someone posted it on SD, so what do you guys think the chances are they'll drop the TIV by tomorrow afternoon?

Yeah no luck on getting my scars transferred to a pre paid or in store card, ymmv for sure. So I'm wondering how they transact returns, if the go to another scars or in store gift card? Time will tell. I'm going in the morning and hopefully BBY still has copies

A good investment?! I don't care if I was handed $1,000 cash, this is crazy. Your personal info, which should only ever be presented to law enforcement or for medical purposes, is now in a database. One that could be hacked, and ALL of your info be stolen. Or abused. Or sold to the highest bidder. Not just your name and address, but your picture, your height, weight, everything about you.
Well I guess you'll never do any trades except for online as in many places that's the law. St. Louis County, for example, made that law in October 2012 and yes it covers games at GS, BB, WM, etc.

Picked up Gears of War 3 at GS as a backup to BBY's B2G1 sale.  So I'm sitting on some Gears tonight.  Where's Ebbtide at?  Let's knock out some Gears matches out tonight!

Well I guess you'll never do any trades except for online as in many places that's the law. St. Louis County, for example, made that law in October 2012 and yes it covers games at GS, BB, WM, etc.
I get what he's saying. We do tend to give out our personal info wily-nily these days. We should be less willing to part with it, but we're too concerned with the short-term benefits (memberships, etc).

I think the only time I ever needed my ID for anything game-related/store-related was returning without a receipt at Walmart (so I'm in their system, was too young to think about it at the time) and of course to show when buying booze or an M game.

I did have to sign when I did trade-ins at Best Buy though, but no ID required. GameStop hasn't asked me for my ID ever (I may have had to sign though).

I think the only other places that have my license are the gov't (obviously), college?, and my bank. So I think I've done okay. I'm lucky my state doesn't have bullshit trade-in laws like that, even if Walmart doesn't do trade-ins here. :whistle2:(

So are there any insane flips right now other than Gears 3? Seem to be putting in a bunch of random PS360 games to no avail right now.

I get what he's saying. We do tend to give out our personal info wily-nily these days. We should be less willing to part with it, but we're too concerned with the short-term benefits (memberships, etc).

I think the only time I ever needed my ID for anything game-related/store-related was returning without a receipt at Walmart (so I'm in their system, was too young to think about it at the time) and of course to show when buying booze or an M game.

I did have to sign when I did trade-ins at Best Buy though, but no ID required. GameStop hasn't asked me for my ID ever.

I think the only other places that have my license are the gov't (obviously), college?, and my bank. So I think I've done okay. I'm lucky my state doesn't have bullshit trade-in laws like that, even if Walmart doesn't do trade-ins here. :whistle2:(
Well like I said it just depends on local laws. Heck some of the CAG's in FL can tell you about having to get pictured and fingerprinted for game trades.

Hope it never goes that far in STL.

I bought 3 copies of GoW and took them to Walmart. The one near my house said that they were waiting on some kind of box before they start taking trade ins. I ran to another one and they had a sign up in electronics about the new trade in program (it said trade ins are processed at customer service). I had to wait about 15 minutes because someone was having issues with a money order, but the CSR was very helpful and finished up my trade pretty quickly. Gave me the print out and explained how I could use it at the register.

Overall it was a good experience, and I would say it was on par with the best experiences I've had trading in at Best Buy. I got lucky that I ended up with a helpful CSR, but I will use the Walmart trade in program again.

I've locked in several more copies of GoW (its gonna get nuked whether I partake or not, so I might as well).

Also, as mentioned in the Slick Deals thread, COD 4: MW on Xbox 360 is a good flip as well.

So are there any insane flips right now other than Gears 3? Seem to be putting in a bunch of random PS360 games to no avail right now.
I've been searcing but to no avail. looks like gow3 is the only insane flip. let's hope that it's still available tomorrow morning

Well like I said it just depends on local laws. Heck some of the CAG's in FL can tell you about having to get pictured and fingerprinted for game trades.

Jesus, that's intense. Is there a lot of consumer fraud in FL or something?

I had a government job, so they already have my fingerprints. Paycheck was totally worth selling out for though, good times.

Jesus, that's intense. Is there a lot of consumer fraud in FL or something?

I had a government job, so they already have my fingerprints. Paycheck was totally worth selling out for though, good times.
I was just using FL as an example as I know it's the most prevalent there but there are other areas that require it. Some BB's will require it even when that's not the local law I believe (although the one I traded at in Sept. didn't.)

Go figure, I still have a Gears of War 3 I have from the weird B1G2 free glitch Best Buy has on xbox 360 games. Since I don't have a 360 anymore guess I'll hit Walmart early morning to trade it in. 

Go figure, I still have a Gears of War 3 I have from the weird B1G2 free glitch Best Buy has on xbox 360 games. Since I don't have a 360 anymore guess I'll hit Walmart early morning to trade it in.
good luck. best bet is too try and hit a 24hr walmart that is doing trade ins. it might be gone by tomorrow morning

I locked in a trade online just in case.
How exactly do we do this? Choose X amount to trade in on the walmart website and process it? What if I go out tomorrow, and pick up less than what I wanted to get? Can I change my order? How long do I have to cancel my order (or whatever it is?)

even at 24 hour walmarts customer service close at either 9 or 10 at night so that still won't help many people
i got mine done in the electronics area. they had a "kiosk" area that they scanned them through. it looked like an old counter they use to use and have computers and scanners there for it. I know some people said cutomer service did it so i guess it varies per store

How exactly do we do this? Choose X amount to trade in on the walmart website and process it? What if I go out tomorrow, and pick up less than what I wanted to get? Can I change my order? How long do I have to cancel my order (or whatever it is?)
If it works like Best Buy and Amazon, you can send in an incomplete order and they will give you the credit for whatever you send. I would guess Walmart works the same way, but no way to tell at this point until someone tries it. There is no way to cancel that I can see. You would just let the trade expire.

Not pure money makers, but these are very good TIVs:

$18.48 for Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii

$12.32 for Super Mario Galaxy Wii (Not Nintendo Selects One)

$7.33 for Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia, etc.. Xbox 360

$8.05 for Angry Birds Star Wars 3DS

$26.18 for Mario Kart 7 3DS

$23.10 for Mario Kart Wii

$4.35 for ESPN Sports Connection Wii U

$23.10 for Mario Party 8 Wii

$12.32 for Twilight Princess Wii

and $1.86 for Barbie: Groom and Glam Pups Wii which is $1.85 too much.

I hear ya. Local pawn laws in my county forbid trade ins without ID anywhere...I even have to give I'D at gamestop. My Wal-Marts are not participating in this deal. I guess they dont want to get involved in legal maneuvers to work around those laws. I won't be using the online service either since I won't wait a month to get paid. Congrats to all who made out at their own wal marts though.

So went to a local pre paid store that had GoW 3 for 4.99, buy 2 get one free. Paid $77 for 18 copies. Went straight to WalMart traded 16 in, they won't take them without upcs so the system pack ins won't fly, and got $326.40. Other two would have put me at close to $380. Gonna have them pm an Asus t100t so new tablet to replace my dying laptop for 77. And I'll return the last 2 and get a bluray or something
Where in the world did you find 18 complete copies at once? Wowzers.

bread's done
Back