Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

I don't trade in games, and as much as I dislike Wal Mart, I don't like to game the system, so I'm passing on all this. That being said, I think it's hilarious to imagine a scene in some warehouse somewhere in a couple of weeks. A couple of workers will be staring at stacks upon stacks of Gears of War 3 up to the ceiling, and wondering what to do with them.

I don't trade in games, and as much as I dislike Wal Mart, I don't like to game the system, so I'm passing on all this. That being said, I think it's hilarious to imagine a scene in some warehouse somewhere in a couple of weeks. A couple of workers will be staring at stacks upon stacks of Gears of War 3 up to the ceiling, and wondering what to do with them.
And even bigger stacks of Ni No Kuni

Also the iamthecheapestgamer clown who keeps posting stuff at slickdeals, whats his issue? He was banned by the cag mods, not cag the community. why does he want to ruin good trade in values when he can benefit from it as well? Seems counterproductive like locking it in online.

Saw the SD post and locked my trade in online. I have a Gamefly copy sitting on my shelf that I bought in Oct 2012 for $4.76 and have yet to play, played the MP at release from GF. Nice find whoever actually found that one!

^^^  Locking in your trade online guarantees you that price like Amazon and Best Buy correct? WHy is locking it in hurting anyone? If you have it lock it in I say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also the iamthecheapestgamer clown who keeps posting stuff at slickdeals, whats his issue? He was banned by the cag mods, not cag the community. why does he want to ruin good trade in values when he can benefit from it as well? Seems counterproductive like locking it in online.
quotes from Iatcg:

"That's the only bad part about WM trying their hand at the game/electronics trade in thing again. Them potentially gaining market share in other sectors of retail that they currently don't have their claws sunk into makes me feel sorry for the customers who support them and/or Gamestop. I don't know which company I hate more: Gamestop or WalMart."

"They're both the devil to me, but that's because they both typically don't have anything anywhere near what I'd consider a 'deal'. Not to mention WM's 'price matching' policy is a farkin' joke.
"

"Every time I've tried a PM using just a printout of a price from a competitor website I get told I 'need the physical ad'. It's a joke."

Don't even hate on IACTG, he might have been a lot of things but when it came to this type of thing he would be on top of it here.

IATCG actually contributed here unlike half of you people. WHO CARES where stuff is posted and by who. Every deal site steals from each other welcome to the internet.

I took advantage of this trade-in and traded somewhat of a whole bunch of games. I turned in some of my PS4, PS3, 3DS, and PS Vita games and my total was $380! Obviously it's all on a e-gift but still better than GameStop's trade-in values, gonna use my credit to get a Xbox One Titanfall bundle!  :razz:

IATCG actually contributed here unlike half of you people. WHO CARES where stuff is posted and by who. Every deal site steals from each other welcome to the internet.
He did contribute. That's not a question. It's his postings at SD to spite us (by mentioning this site and basically saying "screw them") that isn't sitting well with some of us regs.

All the posters talking shit are from people who wearn't even here or lurking when he was here.
Yeah, I'm getting kinda tired of these ass clowns that were lurkers forever and now act entitled to shit.

I love how everyone in the AWD thread buys up 50X of everything but supposedly don't flip shit and on top of it, get defensive when you call them out on it.

Then you come into this thread and see all this hate about IATCG. That dude contributed a ton to this forum, leave that man be...

He did contribute. That's not a question. It's his postings at SD to spite us (by mentioning this site and basically saying "screw them") that isn't sitting well with some of us regs.
#1stworldproblems #thererpplstarvinginafrica

Well guess what, he's in a forum that doesn't demonize everything he says. So guess what he's gonna do, embrace them.

This was a long time comin', guys. Sooner or later after getting flamed, you knew former members were gonna drift off to other deal sites and post our methods.

Lesson to be learned here, respect your fellow members and do flame him away to other deal sites.

My last post about IATCG but you guys are too sensitive put yourself in his shoes... If you got banned you'd take your butt to another site and post your info then take a little jab here and there. Especially when that deal is perfectly aligned with banned site and you know the SD/FW general hatred of collector versus flippers mentality. I've been hated many times on this site LONG before flipping was accepted back in BB/GR days.

I don't come here or keep up with stuff like I used to but it could be worse. Look at the clowns who get banned and return...

Yeah, I'm getting kinda tired of these ass clowns that were lurkers forever and now act entitled to shit.

I love how everyone in the AWD thread buys up 50X of everything but supposedly don't flip shit and on top of it, get defensive when you call them out on it.

Then you come into this thread and see all this hate about IATCG. That dude contributed a ton to this forum, leave that man be...
#EVERYBODYLOVESELDRITCH

There was one thing that I forgot to add earlier. When the guy was entering my trade in, there was a step by step guide he was following on the screen. One of the steps showed him pictures of disc issues (i.e. scratches, chips, RROD gouges).

It appeared that there was a pretty heavy emphasis on the condition of the discs. Just something to keep in mind if you're thinking of buying 35 copies of GoW 3 at Gamestop.

Well guess what, he's in a forum that doesn't demonize everything he says. So guess what he's gonna do, embrace them.

This was a long time comin', guys. Sooner or later after getting flamed, you knew former members were gonna drift off to other deal sites and post our methods.

Lesson to be learned here, respect your fellow members and do flame him away to other deal sites.
He's well within his right to go to any other site of course. It's the whole "na na na na na" stuff that could just be left behind is all.

Care to post the values and games you got?
:ps4: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - $38.50

:ps4: Battlefield 4 - $31.50

:ps4: FIFA 14 $31.50

:ps4: Killzone Shadow Falls - $16.54

:ps4: Need for Speed Rivals - $31.50

:ps3: Diablo 3 - $23.10

:ps3: Payday 2 - $9.83

:ps3: God of War Ascension - $6.30

:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengence - $13.80

:ps3: Splinter Cell Blacklist - $7.14

:3ds: Pokemon Y - $26.18

:3ds: Pokemon X - $26.18

:3ds: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds -$26.18

:3ds: Mario Kart 7 - $26.18

:3ds: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates of Infinity - $9.51

:vita: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $16.62

:vita: The Walking Dead - $8.54

:vita: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - $7.12

:vita: Street Fighter x Tekken - $9.45

:vita: Rayman Origins - $5.91

:360: Forza 4 - $9.45

BTW Gears of War 3 is worth $21.76 :hot: which I'll be turning in tomorrow!

I just saw my mistake, fixed it, I was in hurry to type all the trade in values.
Thanks for your contribution.

I wish there was a simple way to scan through lots of TIVs efficiently. The only idea I had was to search entire franchises of games. After looking at the Assassin's Creeds, CoDs, Batmans, Bioshocks, and Maddens I didn't see much to be excited about. Aside from the two I mentioned earlier COD 4: MW on 360 (stolen from SD) and Assassin's Creed 4 on PS3 (assuming you got a cheap copy at Target last week).

It seems that all 3DS games peak at $26.18

Pokemon X

Pokemon Y

One Piece: Romance Dawn

LoZ: Link Between Worlds

Fire Emblem

Just to name a few.

I'll go through all my games later one by one. I'll see if anything stands out.
There once was a thing called a backlog that was very common on this site. It was a tradition to complain about the old backlog piling up every time there was a good deal on a good game. These backlogs were too large for people to search for games one by one.

These mythical creatures have disappeared. Now all that is left is the waste of bad games and rotting integrity.

Is there a way to check online if a local Walmart is a part of the trade-in program? Nearest one is like 20 minutes away from me.

Is there a way to check online if a local Walmart is a part of the trade-in program? Nearest one is like 20 minutes away from me.
yeah there's a participating store locator in the trade in page. I have 3 Walmarts within 5 miles but they are not participating in the program. The nearest location is 17 miles away. I was going to mail them my item but I've never shipped via FedEx and the instructions seemed complicated. I'd rather take the loss and trade in at Gamestop/Best Buy.

There's a tool on Walmarts site that allows you to locate participating locations. I would recommend calling your local store and trying to find out though. The first "participating store" I went to tonight said they didn't have what they needed to take trades yet.

Well online the trade in for Gears of War 3 is now $1.05. Just to let everyone know.
Boo. Just checked a few mins ago and was still 21.xx

I traded in my one copy i'd had forever. Did it in CS at my walmart, went fairly smooth, the lady in the cs area had a younger cst svc mgr come do it, only snag was had to reboot the kiosk as the keyboard wasnt working at first.

Had dinner plans else I would have bought up all the GOW3 at bby and gs that are both right near the walmart and went big.

Congrats to all who got in on this crazy deal.

[quote name="Donut2922" post="11645467" timestamp="1395901240"]He did contribute. That's not a question. It's his postings at SD to spite us (by mentioning this site and basically saying "screw them") that isn't sitting well with some of us regs.[/quote]tough

Has anyone had a game shipped via FedEx accepted?  The Ni No Kuni I sent in on Saturday is currently in "received" status.  Hoping for the best.

bread's done
Back