Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

First Walmart had only one person capable of the transaction but they were tied up with another customer on something totally unrelated to video game trades. I waited about twenty minutes reorganizing the alphabet in the dvd section and then gave up.
At another Walmart two regular worker drones had to get not one, but two assistant managers (plus i think President Obama was consulted during the transaction as well. The start of the Walmart trade-in policy was about as successful as the initial Affordable Care Act rollout, so i guess it makes sense) to come and make the trade happen. Instead of scanning the bar codes on the original cases they actually typed the titles into the computer to find the prices. How archaic is that? They wouldn't take everything. So off to Gamestop to get .11 for Ghost Recon 2. But anyway... It took about twenty minutes to process 5 poopy games for a total of $18.59. I wasn't given a gift card, but instead was given a coupon with a 30 digit code on it. Was told it would work for online purchases, but nope. Doesn't.
There's a reason i don't go to Walmart. There's usually a two year gap between visits, but then i forget and end up stupidly stepping through the door. This latest experience has reminded me why i don't go in there. Just like they say about the Holocaust; "Never again!!!"
Use the last 16 digits of that 30-digit code with the PIN.

I think Walmart is going to become the Amazon of trade-ins for me.  I wont trade often except when the values are comparable to GS and BB (like the Arkham Origins I traded in tonight there for $23.10 that would have only gotten me $21 at GS or $19.80 at BB), but once in a while they will have obscure TIV's like Gears 3 and Ni No Kuni that we'll all take advantage of.

I think Walmart is going to become the Amazon of trade-ins for me. I wont trade often except when the values are comparable to GS and BB (like the Arkham Origins I traded in tonight there for $23.10 that would have only gotten me $21 at GS or $19.80 at BB), but once in a while they will have obscure TIV's like Gears 3 and Ni No Kuni that we'll all take advantage of.
If you had a GS that was running the Walmart 20% bonus promo, you would have gotten $24 for Arkham Origins, FYI.

I have a GS 2 minutes from Walmart and I asked if they were yesterday when trading in Infamous Second Son, the GS manager said theyd never even heard of it :(
Same thing and my store was right next to a Walmart. While I was waiting for him to finish processing the trade-in I looked over the counter and under a stack of papers I glanced at something that read (+.20 to order). Made me think they did know but were ignoring it, I didn't say anything because I wasn't in the mood for an argument and had somewhere to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Wal Mart already selling the used games in store? I didn't see any but IDK if anyone has traded any in here, or if they ship them all to are warehouse and re-distrubute them. Anyone know? 

BTW, sorry if it's been discussed. I did read through the last page and have tried to keep up with the thread.

Is Wal Mart already selling the used games in store? I didn't see any but IDK if anyone has traded any in here, or if they ship them all to are warehouse and re-distrubute them. Anyone know?

BTW, sorry if it's been discussed. I did read through the last page and have tried to keep up with the thread.
It will be toward the end of summer early fall before they start selling them In stores according to the news reports before they started accepting the trade ins they are using the time between now and then to build up a steady supply first

It will be toward the end of summer early fall before they start selling them In stores according to the news reports before they started accepting the trade ins they are using the time between now and then to build up a steady supply first
They are definitely going to have a steady supply of Ninokuni and GoW3.

I saw a used copy of Ni No Kuni for $69.96 at my local walmart...guess they're to recoup their losses lol jk I don't go to Walmart :)

They are definitely going to have a steady supply of Ninokuni and GoW3.
I expect the selection to be pretty terrible unless they are getting used games from other sources. Best Buy has been doing trades for how long now and the selection at my local store is terrible and the prices aren't any better.

Used some of my paper gift certificates from tradesto purchase something tonight. It was enough of a hassle I don't think I'll be buying in store again if I can help it. One of the employees, a CSM no less, said to my face it was some junk I just printed off to hassle them with. Why must it always be this way Walmart?

Used some of my paper gift certificates from tradesto purchase something tonight. It was enough of a hassle I don't think I'll be buying in store again if I can help it. One of the employees, a CSM no less, said to my face it was some junk I just printed off to hassle them with. Why must it always be this way Walmart?
tear them apart in walstop customer feedback survey

I expect the selection to be pretty terrible unless they are getting used games from other sources. Best Buy has been doing trades for how long now and the selection at my local store is terrible and the prices aren't any better.
what worst is that they are just getting into the trade in at the beginning of a new gaming generation with xbox one and ps4 barely out now so the games they getting now going to be mostly last gen games which most people closer to next holiday season wont be as interested in no more which ironically is when they are supposed to be starting to sell the used games in store

LOL!!! the turnover to buy then sell is going to kill Wallymart

The longer they wait on a game the more that game value is going to depreciate.   Walmart not only sell garbage but apparently they are looking to become a landfill as well.

Got worthless games bring them all to Walmart..  Even the scrape value of the disc isn't enough of a profit

LOL!!! the turnover to buy then sell is going to kill Wallymart

The longer they wait on a game the more that game value is going to depreciate. Walmart not only sell garbage but apparently they are looking to become a landfill as well.

Got worthless games bring them all to Walmart.. Even the scrape value of the disc isn't enough of a profit
Exactly lol they still have old ass games selling for ridiculous prices here a example driver San Francisco for ps3 after 3 years $58.52 a whole $1.50 drop from msrp $59.99

Exactly lol they still have old ass games selling for ridiculous prices here a example driver San Francisco for ps3 after 3 years $58.52 a whole $1.50 drop from msrp $59.99
I'm guessing you don't want NBA Live 2003 PS2 for $49.96 that is still available at my local Walmart. LOL Walmart is so stupid some times

I've seen old ass, raggedy PS2 strategy guides at WalMart too. They looked like they were almost falling apart from being on the shelves so many years.

Going to try my first trade in, have you all been shipping with waybill pouches? Or has anyone shipped it like they would to Amazon with success?
The latter (standard bubble mailer/package with trade-in slip inside and mailing label taped on outside)--I've had 3 trades successfully processed so far.

Anyone find out if the day you lock in counts towards your 7 days to postmark yet?

I locked in a few Gears of War last Wednesday, and I'm not sure if I feel like heading to fed ex today or not. Wonder if I have til tomorrow.

Well it's about fucking time. Overall I got 400 bucks for 13 sealed copies of PS3 COD Ghosts.

Mixed emotions. Glad I got paid but pissed that I didn't get much more. When Ni No Kuni was going for 46 bucks I was contemplating picking up like 30 of them but I just didn't trust the program yet to come through. What're you gonna do?

It's too bad that the program's gone to shit now but I'll keep an eye out and if another good trade in value comes along I'm going to exploit it as much as possible.

For those of you having difficulty finding time to make it to FedEx, they will come pick it up if you schedule it on their website. I usually schedule next day and they show up like clockwork between 1400 and 1500

Well it's about fucking time. Overall I got 400 bucks for 13 sealed copies of PS3 COD Ghosts.

Mixed emotions. Glad I got paid but pissed that I didn't get much more. When Ni No Kuni was going for 46 bucks I was contemplating picking up like 30 of them but I just didn't trust the program yet to come through. What're you gonna do?

It's too bad that the program's gone to shit now but I'll keep an eye out and if another good trade in value comes along I'm going to exploit it as much as possible.
So they take sealed games. Thats good. Thanks for the info and congrats.

Yeah. No way I was opening those games in case I had to bring them back. If Walmart opened the games up and then refused them or lowered the price me and them would have some problems. It's all good though.

Same thing and my store was right next to a Walmart. While I was waiting for him to finish processing the trade-in I looked over the counter and under a stack of papers I glanced at something that read (+.20 to order). Made me think they did know but were ignoring it, I didn't say anything because I wasn't in the mood for an argument and had somewhere to be.
You should always call them out on BS... no matter if you have stuff going on and places to be or not... that's the only way we'll keep them honest and win the war

You should always call them out on BS... no matter if you have stuff going on and places to be or not... that's the only way we'll keep them honest and win the war
You should take it to the next level with them. One guy in the Gamestop thread was gonna kick an employee's ass because he tried to screw him over with a promotional deal. He must have gone through with it and got arrested because we never heard back from him again regarding the situation.

You should take it to the next level with them. One guy in the Gamestop thread was gonna kick an employee's ass because he tried to screw him over with a promotional deal. He must have gone through with it and got arrested because we never heard back from him again regarding the situation.
Poor GS employee. That dude was serious, he was literally bout dat life.

Does game as top limit the amount of copies of the same? An employee refused to sell me more than 1 copy of gow3
That's ridiculous. A store shouldn't turn you down for trying to buy more than one (unless it was something super rare). I hate lying, but I would just say it was for someone else (which is kinda true since you're sending it to someone).

mudafuk i really missed out on Ni No Kuni. Had no time to ship out and was still skeptical and I had like 5 locked in. I have some GOW3 locked in but I'm still skeptical for some reason lol even though the evidence is all here that it works!!!!

That's ridiculous. A store shouldn't turn you down for trying to buy more than one (unless it was something super rare). I hate lying, but I would just say it was for someone else (which is kinda true since you're sending it to someone).
"Yeah, me and 18 of my friends are gonna get online and play this tonight."

Limiting the number you buy makes no sense. My store was happy to sell me 10 copies and told me to "stick it to Walmart".

mudafuk i really missed out on Ni No Kuni. Had no time to ship out and was still skeptical and I had like 5 locked in. I have some GOW3 locked in but I'm still skeptical for some reason lol even though the evidence is all here that it works!!!!
GET OFF YO' BUTT AND MAIL GOW3 IN :whee:

*ahem*

Unless any of the discs are scratched/damaged, you have nothing to worry about.

Yeah.a woman was going to place the order but she got sidetracked. The guy kept asking me if I'm serious..I was buying 8 copies and he turned me down. Im not going to worry about it at this point. I locked in a total of 9 copies and bf4 for ps4.

I would have brought a cheap item and ripped him a new one on the survey. Employees look at me weird when I ask a bunch of the same games but I also say I'm getting them for a lan party or giveaway. Even if I didn't, the nerve of them denying me buying multiple of a game. If a game has been sitting in the store for months, it should be a good thing that I (or anyone else) is going there to buy a good amount of them.

I'm leery of trading used 360 games. Not enough time to get new copies of Gears of War 3 from Amazon. It's locked in but I'll have to let it go. I just hope it's not the last great trade in for Walmart.

Exactly..3 out of the 8 copies of gow3 were scratched to sh*t anyways. My son did purchase a game while he was there...I will submit a survey today.

bread's done
Back