Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

It's weird how their processing works. I got an email notification that they got my first shipment of Gears on Tuesday, and I got paid out on Thursday. I wonder why certain things seem to take longer to process.

Another interesting note, I just got an email earlier this afternoon that they received my second shipment and then about 30 minutes ago that they received my 3rd trade in shipment. It was interesting, because every other status update or email I've gotten or that I've seen reported seemed to indicate that they were receiving and processing trades on an 8-5 work schedule.

Makes me wonder if they are expanding their operation to handle a larger volume of trades.
It's weird because my first shipment was received and paid out the same day.

So once you get an egift card, do you have to spend it all at once? Does it act as a normal gc where you can use some of the amount and the rest just stays on the gc?

Normal gift card. You can have it transferred to a physical gift card by going to Customer Service.
I actually bought some things and combined my giftcards at the register. Just get a physical giftcard and have them pay for it using the online giftcards. No issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on the 38 copies of GoW3

They were received on 4/2 and 4/3

Today I received the full promised amount on both orders of 19 each.

Walmart (CEexchange) is legit!!!!! A month of groceries! haha

yeah we set aside 500 a month as well for groceries and still go over cause of how much milk we go through :/

It helps alot when there's sales and to shop around though.  Like today I just bought 4 pounds of grapes and a melon for 3 bucks all together at my marcs. I try to pick up pot roasts at giant eagle when they have buy one get one, bricks of assorted cheeses at marcs/giant eagle when they have the 3 for 5 among other things.

doesn't help that portions are only getting smaller while prices go up.

Walmart, you need to jack up trade in values to increase your grocery sales. It's a win win situation for everyone!

In all honestly out all the trade in places that have came and gone over the years I think my favorite trade in values wise was half.com even though that was short lived lol

Is there a list of the high trade in value games?
Titanfall and Infamous get over 40 but it looks like the ship's sailed on the great values for older stuff.

Xbone NFS Rivals goes for 38.50. You can get it from Gamefly for 26 bucks after tax. Might be worth it if you can get the game in time.

So I got this email today:

"Our evaluation team has finished processing your items from your transaction. Unfortunately, we have found that the condition of your items does not match the condition described in your original requestand have had to lower our offer. We know this is disappointing news, but we want to assure you that we are providing our best offer based on the actual conditions of your items."

I started freaking out, but realized that I did not send in the all of the games I locked in. xD

Walmart, you need to jack up trade in values to increase your grocery sales. It's a win win situation for everyone!
Indeed. They should partner with various video game and electronics entertainment trade groups and the US government to create a new Games for Groceries welfare/EBT subsidy. They could do PSAs and commercials...

"Are you and the kids starving? Just bring your gently used video games, consoles, and electronics into WalMart for a hassle free, no obligation trade in quote and get yourself a Walmart gift card and bonus Buy 2 Get 1 Free Coupon good for any of our shitty groceries. For a limited time only. Always trash, always Walmart"

So i figured out a way to turn these egift cards into visa prepaid cards, if walmart refuses to let you buy one.

Just buy the visa prepaid card with the amount of money your egift card is, and then buy any other item that is the same price.  Pay for it with the egift cards and credit card.

Walk over to customer service and return the item.  They'll credit you back the amount on your credit card that was used.

Any reason why you're cashing the card out as well, and could this be done with one of those cards that let you top it up to avoid paying the activation fee over and over again?

So i figured out a way to turn these egift cards into visa prepaid cards, if walmart refuses to let you buy one.

Just buy the visa prepaid card with the amount of money your egift card is, and then buy any other item that is the same price. Pay for it with the egift cards and credit card.

Walk over to customer service and return the item. They'll credit you back the amount on your credit card that was used.
I'm having trouble seeing how that would work.

Just buy the visa prepaid card with the amount of money your egift card is, and then buy any other item that is the same price. Pay for it with the egift cards and credit card.

Walk over to customer service and return the item. They'll credit you back the amount on your credit card that was used.
If I understand you correctly; all you have to do is to buy something that is more than your egift card value and then pay for the item using egift card and your credit card. Then go to customer service for refund and you will get the full value refund on your credit card? If this works then that would be great and you do not need to buy the visa gift card. Can anyone confirm this?

If I understand you correctly; all you have to do is to buy something that is more than your egift card value and then pay for the item using egift card and your credit card. Then go to customer service for refund and you will get the full value refund on your credit card? If this works then that would be great and you do not need to buy the visa gift card. Can anyone confirm this?
Having it pay off your regular credit card sounds awesome !!

I'm having trouble seeing how that would work.

Having it pay off your regular credit card sounds awesome !!
I think what he saying is this :

let say you trade in $100 worth of games and get a $100 gift card then pick out a $100 visa prepaid gift card and also add another $100 item that is allowed to be bought with gift card both In the same order then pay $100 using your gift card and then a $100 using your credit card or even cash making your order $200 that way the system allow you to buy the gift card since it think the walmart gift card is being using on the allowable $100 stuff part of the order instead of on the $100 visa prepaid card and then return the $100 item back at customer service who then refund it back to your credit card or cash back if you used cash and essentially keeping the $100 prepaid visa card.

I think what he saying is this :

let say you trade in $100 worth of games and get a $100 gift card then pick out a $100 visa prepaid gift card and also add another $100 item that is allowed to be bought with gift card both In the same order then pay $100 using your gift card and then a $100 using your credit card or even cash making your order $200 that way the system allow you to buy the gift card since it think the walmart gift card is being using on the allowable $100 stuff part of the order instead of on the $100 visa prepaid card and then return the $100 item back at customer service who then refund it back to your credit card or cash back if you used cash and essentially keeping the $100 prepaid visa card.
Ohhhhh. Gotcha. Anyone want to be a guinea pig and see if it works? :D

This would not work, as they will ring the visa gift card as separate purchase. My suggestion might work, anyone care to test?

walmart cashier and cs both turn me down for e-credit transfer to physical. not sure how you guys are pulling this off.
You can order a physical Walmart gift card through the online site using your e-gift card as payment. I did this with part of one of my transactions to see if it would work and because I wanted a physical card. Took approximately 5 days to get the physical card in the mail, but it works.

What's so special about having a "physical gift card"? I like having my gift card on paper. It reminds me of the negotiable bearer bonds from Die Hard.

You can order a physical Walmart gift card through the online site using your e-gift card as payment. I did this with part of one of my transactions to see if it would work and because I wanted a physical card. Took approximately 5 days to get the physical card in the mail, but it works.
Also, if you have a Sam's Club membership, you can purchase a GC there with the e-card. I did this yesterday, and pumped some gas with it! The GCs from Sam's work at Walmart and vice versa.

Wait so do I have ten days to ship it with the label or seven because people have been saying different. Thanks for who ever can help.
OK, I don't know how strict they are about the shipping deadline, but it is 7 days. The trade confirmation emails state when they should be postmarked by.

I tried to go to Wal-mart to spend some of my sweet sexchange money and the produce was so nasty and the aisles were so full of fat people clouded in cigarette smoke that I gave up and left. I'll be using my GC's for online purchases only I guess.

I tried to go to Wal-mart to spend some of my sweet sexchange money and the produce was so nasty and the aisles were so full of fat people clouded in cigarette smoke that I gave up and left. I'll be using my GC's for online purchases only I guess.
You get money from having a sex change operation? ...How much? :bouncy:

unless your a sucker its called ebay/amazon,  why would you bother selling something for pennies? its like type in the upc, and your done. .... you do have to visit a post office (unless you can work thing out with your mailman, but again that takes people skills).

...i need my fix NOW!  when is walmart going to start stocking that stuff.

What's so special about having a "physical gift card"? I like having my gift card on paper. It reminds me of the negotiable bearer bonds from Die Hard.
Paper can get wet, torn easily, thrown away without a second glance at what it actually is, etc. Barcodes could get smudged?

Idk, there's just a lot of things that can go wrong with having it on a piece of paper.

Paper can get wet, torn easily, thrown away without a second glance at what it actually is, etc. Barcodes could get smudged?

Idk, there's just a lot of things that can go wrong with having it on a piece of paper.
...and computers can get hacked. card, paper, anything like that is helpful.

bread's done
Back