Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

I've got about $300 in Walmart e-GC to spend, Sams will sell me a Visa but it will cost $320 for a $300 GC.  Any better way to swap the e-GC out?

Just did a compare of Walmart to BB trade in, on avg BB is $5 higher when using the 10% GCU.  BB is higher on all 5 games.

Just did a compare of Walmart to BB trade in, on avg BB is $5 higher when using the 10% GCU. BB is higher on all 5 games.
I believe that BB gives generally better trade values than Walmart, but 5 games is too small a sample size to be scientifically valid. Also, one place can be worse on 99 out of 100 games, but that 1 outlier (e.g. Ni No Kuni) can make it worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that BB gives generally better trade values than Walmart, but 5 games is too small a sample size to be scientifically valid. Also, one place can be worse on 99 out of 100 games, but that 1 outlier (e.g. Ni No Kuni) can make it worth it.
You also have to consider what you're going to be spending this credit on. Walmart seems to rarely have gaming deals unless it's Black Friday, while Best Buy has consistent deals as well as GCU discount on all games. On the other hand, Walmart obviously has products you can't buy at Best Buy.

You also have to consider what you're going to be spending this credit on. Walmart seems to rarely have gaming deals unless it's Black Friday, while Best Buy has consistent deals as well as GCU discount on all games. On the other hand, Walmart obviously has products you can't buy at Best Buy.
walmart credit is also non transferable while best buy and gamestop can be transferred to amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I need some of those ranch wings, I've never had them.

On a crazy note Walmart will glady recycle your Tales of Vesperia Special Edition.. due to it's relative age.

But will give you $8.06 for the regular version.

One thing I noticed is that at one point a lot of older 360 games still had a trade in value.

Like Gears of War platinum ed gave $2 something but now they will only recycle it.

What's up with offering game recycling anyway, do people really throw games out?

I can't believe people would give their games to Walmart for free instead of selling or giving them away to

someone who'd play them.

I think I need some of those ranch wings, I've never had them.

On a crazy note Walmart will glady recycle your Tales of Vesperia Special Edition.. due to it's relative age.

But will give you $8.06 for the regular version.

One thing I noticed is that at one point a lot of older 360 games still had a trade in value.

Like Gears of War platinum ed gave $2 something but now they will only recycle it.

What's up with offering game recycling anyway, do people really throw games out?

I can't believe people would give their games to Walmart for free instead of selling or giving them away to

someone who'd play them.
yea they started off big with those two big tivs but now it all lousy tiv's I will say over the next few months of barely getting in many trade ins due to low tiv's that walmart will end up abandoning this program unless they get smart and offer some kind of a trade promo or bonus

dragoon99 said:
someone who'd play them.
People that shop at walmart aren't the brightest usually ;)

No, but seriously, that's a good point

My guess is they're being selfish, or don't know any better

Or
Maybe they don't know any other gamer who would enjoy it? If it's like me, none of my friends are gamers (but I wouldn't get rid of a game to begin with)

yea they started off big with those two big tivs but now it all lousy tiv's I will say over the next few months of barely getting in many trade ins due to low tiv's that walmart will end up abandoning this program unless they get smart and offer some kind of a trade promo or bonus
Walmart doesn't need a trade promo or bonus, they first need to advertise to their customers that they will buy their video games. I would bet a majority of their business so far has been people like us who were taking advantage of their mistakes. They need to flip that around and take advantage of the suckers like Gamestop does. If their biggest customers are people they can't take advantage of, then the trade program won't last. They need to let average joe know that there is an option other than Gamestop.

Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon do a number of things better than Gamestop including the customer's ability to look up TIVs on their websites, but Gamestop gets more business because they have more stores and is easy to trade there, not to mention everyone knows them as the store you trade in games at. Even though Best Buy is better than Gamestop a lot of the time, their program doesn't seem to do that well. Walmart can better deal with that problem because they have money, stores everywhere, and tons of people who shop there every day. With the right advertising and keeping their TIVs similar to the competition, I think they could do well enough to stick around.

Just did my first in-store trade at walmart. The two cashiers in electronics had never done one but they figured it out. Took longer than gamestop but the base value for forza horizon is higher at walmart -which by the way is $18.48. Not bad since I paid $10 for it during MS BF sale of 2012.

I traded two Ni No Kunis. I shipped them on the 9th day. Lots of people were saying that the 7th day was the end of the line, but the trade in receipt said the 10th day was the last one. I received an email stating they received the items a few days ago, but no email giving me my gift card. It's a little jarring.

I think I have one or two trade-ins left to be processed (9 or 10 approved so far), but this has been a very surprising experience, both in terms of success and profitability. :bouncy:

Remember how some people thought Ni No Kuni was going to have its TIV adjusted, without giving people a choice on whether they still wanted to trade it or not?

Pretty sure I saw this posted somewhere, but wanted to make sure. I can combine all the egift cards to 1 regular walmart gift card in-store correct? Regular register or customer service?

It seems as though Walmart pulled a little trick on me. I locked in two copies of Ni No Kuni and two copies of GoW 3. I did not manage to get GoW 3 so I just sent in Ni No Kuni. Today I got back an email telling me they got GoW 3 in the Ni No Kuni transaction. I might have chalked up to the fact that I accidently put the NNK games in with the GoW 3 shipping label if I actually shipped any GoW 3 games. I don't really know what to do about this.

Remember how some people thought Ni No Kuni was going to have its TIV adjusted, without giving people a choice on whether they still wanted to trade it or not?
Yep, I got a lot of hate, I probably shouldn't have posted my intent in the first place, but now that I have, I am 22 for 25 on my No Ni Kunis so far and 25 GOW3 pending. No guts, no glory.

Yep, I got a lot of hate, I probably shouldn't have posted my intent in the first place, but now that I have, I am 22 for 25 on my No Ni Kunis so far and 25 GOW3 pending. No guts, no glory.
Haters gonna hate. I'll be honest though. I'm jealous that I didn't have the marbles to go as big on Ni No Kuni as you did. I went big on Gears, and I've been pretty happy with the results so far.

My Ni No Kuni trades got rejected saying it wasn't shipped within 7 days, although I did drop it off at the post office within 5 days :(

Haven't been keeping up with this thread and didn't see anybody mention this in the last couple of pages. I noticed someone started a thread that MS Store has Ghosts on sale for $20, and it looks like Walmart is offering $29.40 for it. If I order from MS and lock in at Walmart now, will I receive the game in time from MS for me to send to Walmart? I'd be using ground shipping from MS since it's free but I'm not sure how long it would take to arrive since I never order from them.

Anyone know why NO site lets you trade Witcher 2 EE for 360 online? I've tried Glyde and Walmart and both said no, but gave no reason why.

Haven't been keeping up with this thread and didn't see anybody mention this in the last couple of pages. I noticed someone started a thread that MS Store has Ghosts on sale for $20, and it looks like Walmart is offering $29.40 for it. If I order from MS and lock in at Walmart now, will I receive the game in time from MS for me to send to Walmart? I'd be using ground shipping from MS since it's free but I'm not sure how long it would take to arrive since I never order from them.
probably not it usually take 7 to 8 days to receive stuff from them I ordered games last Monday from Microsoft ground delivery also and my games are not even scheduled until tomorrow 7 days later. I never received any games order from Microsoft no earlier then 7 days after shipping.

My Ni No Kuni trades got rejected saying it wasn't shipped within 7 days, although I did drop it off at the post office within 5 days :(
That sucks. You mean FedEx, not the post office, right?

I'm still waiting for my No No Kunis (locked in at $38.60, then it went up to $46.92, and I locked in again. Was going to just send in the higher value one, but then figured I might as well fulfill both). I did get paid for ghosts and gears today, and I sent all 4 packages on the same day (which was the 7th day for all but gears).

$35 bucks for Tomb Raider: DE on Xbox One. Might have to take advantage of that and then rebut it later on when it gets cheap.

Walmart is trying to screw me.

I sent in two brand new gears of war 3 games in perfect condition

They are trying to say I sent the game without original case which is preposterous.

Wtf would I send a game without case when they are giving $0 for it. Any game for that matter gets $0 without case

Walmart is trying to screw me.

I sent in two brand new gears of war 3 games in perfect condition

They are trying to say I sent the game without original case which is preposterous.

Wtf would I send a game without case when they are giving $0 for it. Any game for that matter gets $0 without case
Looks like someone in management is trying to re-nig on those high TIVs.

bread's done
Back