Feedback
2 (100%)
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
by Activision
Rated: Mature
List Price: $49.99 Price: $37.49
check-prime-45x13._V192552839_.gif
You Save: $12.50 (25%)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008J16ARY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_10?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Just wow amazon you teasing me. hahaha but i will not fall for it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Silly bugs. But it doesn't look all that bad HONESTLY.

reminds me a lot of Zombi U and Condemned. And the graphics are really nice. Like a combination of the graphic novel and the TV show.

But it does seemed a little bit rushed.(Knowing Activision. >:| This developer certainly has talent that obviously seems to be under utilized)

I watched some "lets plays" on youtube for this game... it looks really lame. maybe for a die hard walking dead fan, but from what Ive heard there isnt even a lot of story in this. Ill prob have to pass on this. really want to see some major reviews though too

Picked this up from Redbox yesterday. Beat it in less than 5 hours and without any difficulty settings or multiplayer, I would have been pissed if I had actually bought this. It's the first time I've ever rented a Redbox game and returned it the same night.

It's extremely repetitive and is set up like a modern Oregon Trail. The graphics are garbage and the controls are clunky. The game throws in stupid pit-stops (with the exact same map) here and there to prolong a bad game. I think Activision knew how poor the quality of this game was explaining the $50 price point.

The game also felt like it was really trying to be like Left 4 Dead. Little to no story, no cut scenes, health, weapon and ammo pick-ups randomly laying around and "finales" where you have to collect X number of items to finish the level.

[quote name='DurbanBrown']I watched some "lets plays" on youtube for this game... it looks really lame. maybe for a die hard walking dead fan, but from what Ive heard there isnt even a lot of story in this. Ill prob have to pass on this. really want to see some major reviews though too[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the game is going to average a 4.5 to 6.0 score across the board. Some of the ideas in the game could've been fleshed out more, but it what it is. Activision didn't even send out review copies of the game to major gaming sites. You know that's a problem... This game will be in the bargain bin before you know it....

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm thinking the game is going to average a 4.5 to 6.0 score across the board. Some of the ideas in the game could've been fleshed out more, but it what it is. Activision didn't even send out review copies of the game to major gaming sites. You know that's a problem... This game will be in the bargain bin before you know it....[/QUOTE]

The last time they didn't send out review copies was for Black Ops Declassified and we all know how bad that was.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']The last time they didn't send out review copies was for Black Ops Declassified and we all know how bad that was.[/QUOTE]

Good point! :applause: That game is a slap to the face of COD/Vita fans. Especially it's one of the more expensive Vita games on the market....

So, as a diehard WD fan (one of the ones who read the novels before the show was even conceived probably ;) ), is this game THAT bad?

Lets rephrase that...is it better than Shellshock 2 Blood Trails haha?

I just finished Telltale's game on my ipad this morning and I must say it was truly entertaining.

[quote name='jcp42877']So, as a diehard WD fan (one of the ones who read the novels before the show was even conceived probably ;) ), is this game THAT bad?

I just finished Telltale's game on my ipad this morning and I must say it was truly entertaining.[/QUOTE]
Also a diehard TWD fan (from the start! WOOOO!) and I can honestly say it is incredibly awful. Do not buy. Redbox it like everyone else if you want to play it.

[quote name='jcp42877']So, as a diehard WD fan (one of the ones who read the novels before the show was even conceived probably ;) ), is this game THAT bad?

I just finished Telltale's game on my ipad this morning and I must say it was truly entertaining.[/QUOTE]
I am a huge WD fan and this game is poo... :drool:

Ahhh, well that's disappointing.

Although, once I saw the game was strictly based on JUST Darryl and Merle, I smelt crap...

If they made a true Walking Dead RPG game that included all the characters of the novel/show, I think that would do wonderful...especially if they had a big name like Bethesda or Rockstar behind it.

This game is bad. I regret wasting my time on it.

They put forth no effort into this and are selling it based on the popularity of the show rather than the comic and the fact they got show actors to voice.

If you must play it just redbox it.

[quote name='jcp42877']Ahhh, well that's disappointing.

Although, once I saw the game was strictly based on JUST Darryl and Merle, I smelt crap...

If they made a true Walking Dead RPG game that included all the characters of the novel/show, I think that would do wonderful...especially if they had a big name like Bethesda or Rockstar behind it.[/QUOTE]

Also as a fan since the comics, I rented this just because it was supposed to follow Darryl and Merle prior to them meeting up with the rest of the group. I thought "Oh good, a nice origins story". There was little to no story.

If anyone is on the fence and wants to see more gameplay, IGN did a livestream of them playing it for 2 hours. It should be on their website somewhere. Game looks really bad imo. Also they beat Act I (out of 3 acts) in like an hour and a half.

[quote name='WV Matsui']I actually enjoy it

Flame away[/QUOTE]

The fact that you enjoy it is great. Posting on the forum praising it without any reason why is just trollin.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']
It's extremely repetitive and is set up like a modern Oregon Trail. [/QUOTE]

So... the zombies give you dysentery?

[quote name='morrodox']So... the zombies give you dysentery?[/QUOTE]

Worse. They stand there and slowly slap you to death. These zombies seems to very uninterested in eating me.

[quote name='groundskeeper']The fact that you enjoy it is great. Posting on the forum praising it without any reason why is just trollin.[/QUOTE]

Can you please remind me where I am praising it? I just said I was enjoying it. That's all....

seems most people had their own opinion of what to expect of this game and were disappointed, instead of appreciating the game for what the game is. talk of left for dead comparisons or how the zombies should've been more agressive, or the guy in the youtube vid being cheesy spamming the up-close knifing auto feature.
If you like the show you will like the game. Personally, this title has everything i've expected in a resi title after the 1st. This game has the creepy feeling you had in resi 1 , and is a blast to play especially at night walking around with a flashlight. No, i wouldn't agree with the price of $50, but $40 does seem a decent price range.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I feel bad for the actors nice way to lower that rep... The trailers with them talking was lame. Oh well always tellie haha[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I'm sure they got paid for this and the majority of people who watch the TV show won't play this game.

I'm just glad I skipped this, all games this year have been disappointing so far even sure hits like Gears Judgement. I really hope Bioshock actually lives up to hype.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']OK the game is bad but how easier are the achievements?[/QUOTE]

lol, i forgot people still do this.

I've enjoyed it so far. But I wasn't expecting GOTY quality, just a nice tie-in & zombie killing fun, and that's what I've gotten. At the end of the day, haters gonna hate as they say, and the majority of those haters haven't even played the game to form their own opinion. Because if one person says they hate it, it just get's piled on. Thanks internet!

[quote name='Double O Slevin']I've enjoyed it so far. But I wasn't expecting GOTY quality, just a nice tie-in & zombie killing fun, and that's what I've gotten. At the end of the day, haters gonna hate as they say, and the majority of those haters haven't even played the game to form their own opinion. Because if one person says they hate it, it just get's piled on. Thanks internet![/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more!

No one ever said it was GOTY just that they enjoyed it. Flamers gonna flame.

"Haters gonna hate" does not apply when it's obvious the game was a cheap cashgrab and it's being universally panned by everyone and their grandma.

When you drop 60 bucks on a turd you're going to try and justify doing so, even if you know deep down the game sucks donkey dong. Considering the game has a metacritic score of about 40 right now i'm going to guess this is where most people praising the game are coming from. Just a guess though.. :)

Some people just genuinely like games that aren't GOTY contenders or are universally panned.

I've said it in this thread before, but one of my favorite games is Land of the Dead and that was panned by critics. I love it for what it is. It doesn't have the best AI in the world or graphics, or plot, or voice acting, etc. but I like it better than most zombie modes I've played in stuff like CoD. This game looks very similar to Land of the Dead. That youtube video was hilarious, but at the same time, if you play almost any game enough you can find enough glitches and silly moments to make a youtube vid like that.

[quote name='TortillaSoup']lol, i forgot people still do this.[/QUOTE]

You must be kinda slow then if you forget things like this.

[quote name='Double O Slevin']I've enjoyed it so far. But I wasn't expecting GOTY quality, just a nice tie-in & zombie killing fun, and that's what I've gotten. At the end of the day, haters gonna hate as they say, and the majority of those haters haven't even played the game to form their own opinion. Because if one person says they hate it, it just get's piled on. Thanks internet![/QUOTE]

[quote name='WV Matsui']Couldn't agree more!

No one ever said it was GOTY just that they enjoyed it. Flamers gonna flame.[/QUOTE]

Agreed to both Double O Slevin & WV Matsui. I bought it and have had fun with it - which is convenient since I play video games for fun. Case closed.

[quote name='cancerman1120']You must be kinda slow then if you forget things like this.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

bread's done
Back