walmart: 3DS XL Legend of Zelda system $199.96 (price mistake?)

DANIEL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
walmart online add for 11/17 to 11/23 is showing the 3DS XL Legend of Zelda system for $199.96 only valid nov 22 & nov 23 

is this a price mistake?

[attachment=952:3ds.JPG]

I have Hori on my Original Blue XL. They are good but bubbles are a pain in the butt.

This time i am going with Zagg Shield for XL.

They are bit expensive but i have a discount so it make them really cheap and have Geek Squad install them since i hate/ am bad at putting them on the screens without bubbles. 

I have them on multiple game console screens and they work very well and look great. 

Yeah, I would order the screen protector. Hori's is fairly cheap and very high quality. I remember seeing my friends DS having a touchscreen that barely worked due to deep marks. This is why I'm afraid to play any game with intense stylus action until I get one.
Use a q-tip

FACK I am too scared to use this without the Hori Screen Protectors but seriously like I can't wait for Amazon and my local BBY, TRU, or WM don't have them in stock although they show up online for shipping as well. Ughhhhhhhh I also need to buy a case for it but I don't know what to get.

Thinking about returning this stupid thing hahah can't play a online race in mario kart 7. Always error connection!! Literally spent 3 hours but nothing!!!

I was in my local walmart yesterday and they had one zelda 3ds xl bundle out with no price. I was going to buy it regardless but it rung up $199.96 and like I said this was on the 23rd so not sure if it's still on sale or not. I also had one I'd preordered from walmart online for $219.96 but I've not gotten it yet. Really nice looking box and so tempted to open one but think I'll keep them sealed for a while like I'm doing with my pokemon y 3ds xl.

I just used a Vita screen protector for the top screen, it fits perfectly and the thing seems indestructible. Been using the same one on my Vita since launch day and not a singe smudge or scratch on it.

Also since it appears like this thing isn't selling out (Almost every BB and GS in the area have tons), I'll be buying one this week

I would suppose so but I'm not sure, I've never seen the pikachu version. The screen fix was first reported with the release of the Black XL in the states. I'm not sure when that was, I forget, but I'm sure any model after the black would include the brighter screen. I've only had a launch XL and this Zelda XL, and there's a big difference in those two at least.
I believe the pikachu model was before the Black one was introduced here, but not all that long before it. It looks plenty bright to my eyes. The pikachu model was late march and the black model was early august.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine 6:00am friday morning, $199 and they had 6-7 left.  The "W" was packed a bunch of folks were in really early getting pretty much all of the skylanders they could carry. They had 2 registers open, One for people buying Skylanders and one for everyone else.

I believe the pikachu model was before the Black one was introduced here, but not all that long before it. It looks plenty bright to my eyes. The pikachu model was late march and the black model was early august.
Ah, well maybe it started with later gen blue/red XL models leading into pikachu. Either way I know for sure Nintendo improved upon the screen brightness, and that's a great thing. Closing the gap between the two systems. That was the biggest weakness of the XL.

...still prefer my original model tho lol. I don't know why exactly, but it's just sexier to me! If the gold Zelda color scheme of this XL was also applied to the original model(with the gloss metallic 3ds look) I'd be a happy camper!

I casually strolled into a random walmart and snagged one Friday at 5:30pm; it seemed they had a ton left, maybe 10+ and I was probably the first one to buy one.  Was there again this morning and they had 0 left!

Did this go back to $219.xx at Walmart? I think the $199.xx price ended on Sunday but I wanted to double check because my girlfriend really wants to get a 3DS XL for her kid brother and I guess one of the games he really wants is A Link Between Worlds so this would kind of kill  two birds with one stone.

I'm going with this if I can still get it for $200; otherwise I'll probably do a $150 system at Target and then the game for $30 from Kmart but would like to avoid BF madness

Did this go back to $219.xx at Walmart? I think the $199.xx price ended on Sunday but I wanted to double check because my girlfriend really wants to get a 3DS XL for her kid brother and I guess one of the games he really wants is A Link Between Worlds so this would kind of kill two birds with one stone.

I'm going with this if I can still get it for $200; otherwise I'll probably do a $150 system at Target and then the game for $30 from Kmart but would like to avoid BF madness
The sale price was only good for Friday and Saturday.

I saw one at WalMart yesterday and had the guy check on the price for me.  It's back to normal price now.  You could maybe bluff a Target or Best Buy to price match the sale price if the circumstances are in your favor but I doubt it.  I might try today at my BB when I pick up GTAV but I don't have high hopes.

Reread my post.
I did read it--several times; to be fair you don't clarify if there is a current or upcoming (think Black Friday) promotion where you get the coupon and the coupon is valid from Dec. 1-7 OR if the offer runs Dec 1-7 and the coupon is valid later.

You act like this isn't extremely ambiguous:

Spend $75 or more (When???) and get 20% off one shopping trip between December 1-7.

Last edited by a moderator:
forgot to mention i PMd this no prob at BBY with the ad. Only questin is if i want to keep it. I have no intention of opening it, it would be just for collection purposes like my regular 3ds zelda bundle. WIl this be as rare as that one you guys think?

I did read it--several times; to be fair you don't clarify if there is a current or upcoming (think Black Friday) promotion where you get the coupon and the coupon is valid from Dec. 1-7 OR if the offer runs Dec 1-7 and the coupon is valid later.

You act like this isn't extremely ambiguous:

Spend $75 or more (When???) and get 20% off one shopping trip between December 1-7.
I edited my post for clarity but this is how the deal works.

~You go to Target on Friday and spend at least $75 dollars. The cashier is suppose to give you the 20% coupon (unconfirmed)

~Between the 1st and 7th of December you're eligible to get 20% of your total purchase.

However there's no guarantee that Target will have the bundle in stock or at the $219.xx price point it's currently at.

forgot to mention i PMd this no prob at BBY with the ad. Only questin is if i want to keep it. I have no intention of opening it, it would be just for collection purposes like my regular 3ds zelda bundle. WIl this be as rare as that one you guys think?
When did you PM this? Also is there still a link to the ad?

I just took a quick look at my local BB and Walmart and the both had more then 8+ left and I know my TRU and Target still have a few and GS is showing as "in stock" as well.

bread's done
Back