Walmart B&M 50% bonus trade in with Madden 15 preorder, confirmed near $60 for MK8 and next gen Watch Dogs, ends July 19th (saturday)

ritchardf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
369 (100%)
Just saw this in the ad from the sunday paper. You have to pay $5 for the preorder, and you get $15 of MUT content probably when you pick up the game. It doesnt list any restrictions, just says not available in all stores. It does state video game must be in original packaging and customer must be 18 years of age or older.

Ive noticed their trade in values seem to be based off best buy, as they are usually a few cents more or less. This is in store only i assume.

to check values or find out if your store is participating (blue find your walmart square next to search)

http://walmart.cexchange.com/Online/Gaming/index.rails

link to ad (on page 23, middle left of 2 page layout)

http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/BrowseByPage?storeid=2494509&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=LA_Walmart-140713&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=22

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I had a great time trading in, a horrible time trying to turn my egift card into a physical card. These people are so dumb it hurt my brain. I guess I'm keeping this piece of paper with over $100 on it in my wallet. And I can't even use it onljne because there's no pin nimber
PIN should be at the top of it in huge font, right next to the total.

I think it got cut off or maybe I should've got more than one paper? I only have one paper and it just says game center at the top
Sounds like it got cut off. The very top of the e-cert says "Order External ID - Giftcard" and the next line down is "$XX.XX PIN: XXXX" in huge font. Below that is the Walmart gamecenter logo.

Sounds like it got cut off. The very top of the e-cert says "Order External ID - Giftcard" and the next line down is "$XX.XX PIN: XXXX" in huge font. Below that is the Walmart gamecenter logo.
Ugh well thanks man I'm probably just gonna have to use this on supplies and sht

you can use your paper ecard at the self check out. at the payment prompt hit walmart giftcard, then when it ask to swipe your giftcard with the pad just scan the barcode on your paper. no need for pin. then you can return your purchase for a physical giftcard. 

If anyone wants the vudu/ madden extra content, feel free to pm. I won't be using it so I figure someone might benefit.

Already Claimed!

I can't thank you guys enough on this one. Only did one trip but getting another game from the Mario Kart promotion and 200$ (133$ after rebuying mario kart and groceries) by only putting 55$ gamestop credit is a not bad deal. Thanks guys for that grocery money.

If anyone wants the vudu/ madden extra content, feel free to pm. I won't be using it so I figure someone might benefit.
Do those codes already work or something?

Is there something wrong with wm instore pick up? I put mk8 for instore pick up yesterday afternoon. Up until now i havent gotten the email. And i know for sure that wm has it in stock as i saw stacks it just minutes before doing the online order.

Is there something wrong with wm instore pick up? I put mk8 for instore pick up yesterday afternoon. Up until now i havent gotten the email. And i know for sure that wm has it in stock as i saw stacks it just minutes before doing the online order.
Walmart instore pickup is the worst. The online and store are separate as far as I know.

Managed to get $104 in plastic GC in South FL, now question is how do I turn this into Visa/Amex GC? I tried two different Wally worlds, one the woman straight up told me it can't be done and the other tried scanning my GC and it said invalid method of payment for the purchase of the Visa (both times were vanilla Visa $100 cards)

I also tried their website and it didn't have an option to input GC as payment. Anyone have any ideas?

There is no way apparently. I tried to do the same some months ago and the system would not allow it the 3 different times / ways I tried to do it.

Managed to get $104 in plastic GC in South FL, now question is how do I turn this into Visa/Amex GC? I tried two different Wally worlds, one the woman straight up told me it can't be done and the other tried scanning my GC and it said invalid method of payment for the purchase of the Visa (both times were vanilla Visa $100 cards)

I also tried their website and it didn't have an option to input GC as payment. Anyone have any ideas?
Visa you can't. Amex/MasterCard you can.

Just my theory, but I think the Visas don't work because they are a two step activation process. (ie. two barcodes to scan, vs the MC/Amex that's just a barcode and a slide)

Traded in MK8, WD, and Wonderful 101 for $140 earlier in the week. Since I'm in Florida, they made me buy games on the spot after trading in. I returned them today and they gave me all cash! It might have to do with me using my visa for the extra balance or maybe I was lucky?

seems like trade in is broken or down, system won't proceed past continue in Orlando
I had this same problem the other day in Kissimmee. It's because of the "new" pawn laws in Florida (the same that messed with the Target trade ins); they can no longer just give you the gift card, have to use it right then n video games. After they hit Continue it then asks them to scan the games you are buying but none of the employees I was trading with knew that, and the prompt isn't super clear. I really only figured it out because of CAG. The important thing is you do get a normal receipt for the games you're buying so you can just return them for a git cad later.

Follow up from yesterday, you can buy prepaid Mastercards at Sam's Club through the self checkout. They sell up to $200 and the fee for those is only $6.

There is also no issue using the paper gift cards on the self checkout at Sam's Club. You've got to have a membership, but if you do its the easiest way to move credit to cash that I've found.

Follow up from yesterday, you can buy prepaid Mastercards at Sam's Club through the self checkout. They sell up to $200 and the fee for those is only $6.

There is also no issue using the paper gift cards on the self checkout at Sam's Club. You've got to have a membership, but if you do its the easiest way to move credit to cash that I've found.
Thanks, will try that instead of paying the shopping cost.

Awkward moments from todays trip:

Gamestop employee casually asks me when my birthday was because of the birthday coupon and I make up a date awkwardly and we small talk about how his was around then

Gamestop employee asks to see my id to buy watch dogs (I'm only 18 so I look young enough to card) and the Birthdate on my ID doesn't match the date I just awkwardly made up

He king of acknowledges it but it was just super awkward

Walmart employee named Richard looked old enough to die during our trade in transaction

He can't understand how the promo works even after I've don't it and tells me he doesn't think I'll be able to buy the pre order card so I tell him I'll buy it at the register

I go and try to sneakily put the card back and he sees me and we make awkward eye contact

I go up front to buy American Express cards with my trade in credit and the girl at the register is like "I don't know how to use these better call a manager"

Manager is about as old as me ??? But he lets it go through

I go to the Bestbuy where I used to work to spend my American Express Card and say hi to a guy who I used to talk to all the time when I worked there and he doesn't remember me

Fun day flipping -_-
This seriously made me laugh.

No need to "cancel" anything. It has been confirmed that the pre-order card can be used as a $5 gift card for anything.
The guys at electronics refused to take it as a gift card when I said "This is literally just a gift card. Scan it." They said it was just for madden. So YMMV on that.

Just wondering my buddy who did his and didn't have to purchase games on the spot, but was just given the paper with the credit. What does he have to do or where to get his gift card?

The guys at electronics refused to take it as a gift card when I said "This is literally just a gift card. Scan it." They said it was just for madden. So YMMV on that.
May have to use it somewhere else in the store or try a different day with someone else :/

Where is the pin on the paper trade in credit?

To anyone doing ship to store, do you get an order invoice or an actual receipt? 

I could've sworn the ad the deal was in ran until 7/20.  But's no longer on their site and I don't have a paper copy to check.

Not supposed to, there is a flag that comes up that says you can't, but it will take it if the employee doesn't catch it.
employee said it doesnt matter how many I traded in as long as something goes towards madden. traded in 2 watch dogs on xbox one.

Just wondering my buddy who did his and didn't have to purchase games on the spot, but was just given the paper with the credit. What does he have to do or where to get his gift card?
Florida pawn laws now require any credit given for an item sold to the pawn store be spent immediately in said store.

This came up during the big Target trades back in May.

Florida pawn laws now require any credit given for an item sold to the pawn store be spent immediately in said store.

I'd take those pawn laws over not being able to trade at all in my city.

Yep, but like Target, you can just return the games you buy and get a physical gift card to use on anything. Really interesting how BBY, GS & Mom/pops dont have to deal with the same thing.

Yep, but like Target, you can just return the games you buy and get a physical gift card to use on anything. Really interesting how BBY, GS & Mom/pops dont have to deal with the same thing.
Because bb and gs aren't too cheap/lazy to get a pawn license. I remember like 2 years ago at bb when they had a good trade promo I went in and they said I couldn't trade in cuz the county didn't allow trades without a bb receipt. Naturally I didn't buy it from them but since last year I've been able to make trades. I think my county is even more strict than others in fl cuz the only Walmart stores that do trades are outside my county.

I mean I have the plastic gift card, and after re-ordering MK8 (lol thanks for the CN coins and free game walmart) I'm stuck with about $190 on a plastic WM gift card. I can send this to cardpool and get 90% of the value, but of course I'd like to get 100% in something reusable if possible. Was it ever confirmed that buying Amex gift cards worked?

probably going to hold on to mine for Black Friday.  Its only like 4 months away.  Plus you never know, there could always be another walmart glitch one day :whistle2:k

I mean I have the plastic gift card, and after re-ordering MK8 (lol thanks for the CN coins and free game walmart) I'm stuck with about $190 on a plastic WM gift card. I can send this to cardpool and get 90% of the value, but of course I'd like to get 100% in something reusable if possible. Was it ever confirmed that buying Amex gift cards worked?
I believe I confirmed it day 1 or day 2 that Amex cards worked... MasterCard's work too. ($100 confirmed, haven't tried variable value)

bread's done
Back