Walmart B&M 50% bonus trade in with Madden 15 preorder, confirmed near $60 for MK8 and next gen Watch Dogs, ends July 19th (saturday)

ritchardf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
368 (100%)
Just saw this in the ad from the sunday paper. You have to pay $5 for the preorder, and you get $15 of MUT content probably when you pick up the game. It doesnt list any restrictions, just says not available in all stores. It does state video game must be in original packaging and customer must be 18 years of age or older.

Ive noticed their trade in values seem to be based off best buy, as they are usually a few cents more or less. This is in store only i assume.

to check values or find out if your store is participating (blue find your walmart square next to search)

http://walmart.cexchange.com/Online/Gaming/index.rails

link to ad (on page 23, middle left of 2 page layout)

http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/BrowseByPage?storeid=2494509&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=LA_Walmart-140713&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=22

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean the $200 ones? More cards should mean more fees paid.
Yeah, I've used several of the $200 ones at Sam's. The activation cost is only $1 more for the $200 than the $100. Definitely helps your percentage when you basically cut it in half.

I haven't seen the $200 cards at Walmarts around here, but honestly I prefer to shop at Sam's anyway. Inflated TIVs are the only thing worth going to Walmart for me.

You mean the $200 ones? More cards should mean more fees paid.

Yeah, I've used several of the $200 ones at Sam's. The activation cost is only $1 more for the $200 than the $100. Definitely helps your percentage when you basically cut it in half.

I haven't seen the $200 cards at Walmarts around here, but honestly I prefer to shop at Sam's anyway. Inflated TIVs are the only thing worth going to Walmart for me.
Yeah, haven't seen the $200 ones at Walmart, and I don't personally have a membership to Sams. For the purposes of my flipping the $100s just make sense. If I was trying to convert a bunch I'd use Sams.

God I have close to $700 in WM GCs and I don't have a Sam's Club membership. Closest store from me is 30 miles away in the next state over. I didn't check if my local WM has AMEX gift cards, but even if they do I doubt they will have the $200 ones from what you said. I'm not gonna buy 7 $100 cards and pay that much in fees...

There's this Groupon deal for Sam's Club membership going on: http://www.groupon.com/deals/sam-s-club-5-boston

Did people mention you can order gift cards on samsclub.com, paying with WM gift cards and having them shipped?

Also, anyone know if that bonus $20 Sam's gift card from the Groupon offer can be used towards an AMEX prepaid card online/in-store?

So much hassle... zzz

I haven't tried but up to submitting the order it allows it. I have a Sam's membership though so YMMV without. I also haven't actually tried ordering though because it wants to charge me $6 shipping but someone else said it was giving them free shipping on it.

The WM gift card I ordered online with (3 paper eGCs + $5 Madden 15 GCs) from my trades already shipped. I didn't want to carry those sheets of paper around or get denied by customer service at my store.

WM GC's work at SAMs too so not sure why you would buy them at the SAMs site over WM.

I get free shipping when estimating for my zip code, but if I can't use the bonus $20 GC from the groupon deal towards the AMEXs that's a terrible deal.

IF that does work, I guess I could make a one-time trip to the store nearest me on the way back from a theme park next week. Have no idea what the $80 in instant savings is (if it's anything like Costco's, I'd want nothing), but given all the free food... it might be worth it >.<

EDIT: Are you saying buy a prepaid Visa/Amex GC on WM.com with the trade in GCs? I don't have an option to pay using gift cards on WM.com (I already have plastic WM GCs, I just don't shop there at all and want to move it all, hence going to Sam's).

I haven't tried but up to submitting the order it allows it. I have a Sam's membership though so YMMV without. I also haven't actually tried ordering though because it wants to charge me $6 shipping but someone else said it was giving them free shipping on it.
Yeah it works online. Unfortunately I had to pay $6 for shipping so it was $418 for $400. I didn't bother trying in the store

It might be easier to avoid the fee hit and also avoid setting foot in a Wal-Mart store by just going to gift card granny and selling the card for 90%.

I am sure this has been confirmed by now, but I was able to buy $100 AMEX with Walmart GC today, I didn't see any $200 MCs at the WM I went to, only the variable denomination ones, do WM stores even carry these? I have not come across one that does yet.

I am sure this has been confirmed by now, but I was able to buy $100 AMEX with Walmart GC today, I didn't see any $200 MCs at the WM I went to, only the variable denomination ones, do WM stores even carry these? I have not come across one that does yet.
Earlier it was stated that the $200 cards are for sale at Sam's Club. I will verify this a little later this evening. :)

Earlier it was stated that the $200 cards are for sale at Sam's Club. I will verify this a little later this evening. :)
Update: Sam's Club had lots of MC GC in their GC center. I grabbed a $200 GC and took it to the self checkout and 30 seconds later I was out the door having converted $206.94 of Walmart money into $200 of generic money. WOOT.

YMMV but I bought 2 $100 Mastercards with my plastic GC no problem today.  Cashier was a little unsure it would work but it went through just fine.  Sadly I did not see any of the $200 ones, but I'll still live with converting $210 Walmart credit into $200 cash!  

I don't know if it matters to anyone, but I went to Walmart in Long Island, NY tonight and they have The Last of Us Remastered stocked.  I didn't bother trying to see if it could be bought since they didn't have enough salespeople around.

I don't know if it matters to anyone, but I went to Walmart in Long Island, NY tonight and they have The Last of Us Remastered stocked. I didn't bother trying to see if it could be bought since they didn't have enough salespeople around.
they always have new releases out ahead of time but they all street dated they did the same thing with the Mickey 3ds xl

Ok. Good thing I didn't waste time trying to buy it.  I didn't even realize it was coming out next week.  I thought It was still a few weeks away so I was quite surprised.

Went in to trade Watch Dogs PS4 which I grabbed for $10 when I bought my PS4. As usual the transaction was painfully slow because the two employees I asked said they had no idea wtf to do and I needed to wait for somebody else to help me and then she took painfully slow processing it.

That being said I'm still happy going there since their values are quite excellent in comparison to GameStop. Probably could have gone to Target instead but I was worried the mobile rep had gone home and had to stop to Walmart anyway for something else.

Went in to trade Watch Dogs PS4 which I grabbed for $10 when I bought my PS4. As usual the transaction was painfully slow because the two employees I asked said they had no idea wtf to do and I needed to wait for somebody else to help me and then she took painfully slow processing it.

That being said I'm still happy going there since their values are quite excellent in comparison to GameStop. Probably could have gone to Target instead but I was worried the mobile rep had gone home and had to stop to Walmart anyway for something else.
How much did you end up getting for it? I tried to stop by today to see if the bonus might still be going on (I haven't actually seen where anyone confirmed that it was in fact out of the system), but the computer was down. It's crazy how much broken shit there is in Walmarts around here.

By trying to turn a paper GC into a plastic GC or by trying to buy a Vanilla GC? Did you laugh in their face? :)
Paper to plastic.

I respectfully told them to go back to school and asked the store manager to tell me how this was laundering and he avoided the question.

This was after waiting for an hour for them trying to find something in the policy that said I couldn't purchase a gift card with another gift card (read: purchasing, not transferring)

So after about a week I finally decide to buy a game online with my e-gift card. I entered the last 16 numbers and everything appeared to work.

I then get an email saying there was an error processing the order, I did the order again and the same thing happened.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? I am ordering from website to in store pickup using my egift card balance which is more than the cost of the game.

Man this experience has been a nightmare...........

sorry to bring this post back from the dead but i have a question.  I ordered two mario karts for in store pickup during the deal.  I picked them both up that day.  Now today i received an email from walmart saying my item is still available for pickup.  when i check the status of my order it says I picked up one of the games but not both.  So my question is, if I go back and show them that email, will they give me another mario kart?

sorry to bring this post back from the dead but i have a question. I ordered two mario karts for in store pickup during the deal. I picked them both up that day. Now today i received an email from walmart saying my item is still available for pickup. when i check the status of my order it says I picked up one of the games but not both. So my question is, if I go back and show them that email, will they give me another mario kart?
If you do that, I would be ultra honest and up front about it...it would be hard to convince people that you thought you only walked out with one game and didn't notice the second game in your hands. :) I don't think it's worth trying to get away with a third copy unless they are cool with giving it to you.

BTW, its value has somehow held at $39.78 at Walmart and you can also trade it to Target for $40.

I was thinking it's better to wait until the order cancels itself because I didn't pick it up. If I did that, how is the refund issued? I paid with gift cards that I no longer have. Of course I'm not owed anything but if they make a mistake and give me free money...

Just get it. During triple trade in I ordered 2 titanfalls and when I picked them up te guy refunded me for some reason. Then I bought 2 more after that and it didn't happen again. Walmart is weird

I was thinking it's better to wait until the order cancels itself because I didn't pick it up. If I did that, how is the refund issued? I paid with gift cards that I no longer have. Of course I'm not owed anything but if they make a mistake and give me free money...
Then chances are the GC that is lost to the world will have a balance on it and at that point you'd be frantically looking for it like I was frantically looking for a $40 GC from the MS store (that I STILL haven't found dammit). :)

sorry to bring this post back from the dead but i have a question. I ordered two mario karts for in store pickup during the deal. I picked them both up that day. Now today i received an email from walmart saying my item is still available for pickup. when i check the status of my order it says I picked up one of the games but not both. So my question is, if I go back and show them that email, will they give me another mario kart?
I had this happen before and right before it expired it corrected itself. So I think when they go close out the order after it expire, they do some research and will see that I did pick up both items. For me it was two different orders and I only sign one receipt for one order but it still got corrected.

So if you go in an said i need to pick up another game and they check and see that you picked it up last time. You might be label as stealing and I dont think a game is worth having them call the cops on you.

Well I sent watch dogs in the other day, nothing from them literally nothing. Basically saying I didn't send it too, not sure what to do in a week I'll start calling, I had a feeling this might happen.

Walmart got my game and said it was not in the condition I said, and took 10 dollars off.

Never dealing with walmart again, I'm going to request they send it back I already hate them now it's just ridiculous.

Walmart got my game and said it was not in the condition I said, and took 10 dollars off. Never dealing with walmart again, I'm going to request they send it back I already hate them now it's just ridiculous.
You could always request they send it back to you, unless they issued you the eGC before you could respond.

Edit: I didn't read your post I guess, you are doing exactly that. What was wrong with your copy of the game?

Update on my situation. I was just emailed saying my gift cards have been refunded! Problem is I threw them away weeks ago when I picked up my mario karts. I'm going to email them and see what I can do. I have the gift card numbers but not the pins

You could always request they send it back to you, unless they issued you the eGC before you could respond. Edit: I didn't read your post I guess, you are doing exactly that. What was wrong with your copy of the game?
They wouldn't tell me, I'm sure everything was there I opened the case, put the game in my x1, played it, took it out after I was done, put it back in the case, and let it sit there until I found out about walmart's trade in program.

They wouldn't tell me, I'm sure everything was there I opened the case, put the game in my x1, played it, took it out after I was done, put it back in the case, and let it sit there until I found out about walmart's trade in program.
did you receive a email before they issued the lower amount? If they didnt then they broke their own terms since they have to email you of the different condition and the new value then give you 5 days to accept the new value or to have the game return to you.

What if there is a discrepancy between my appraisal and the actual items received?

We want to give you a fair price so you're satisfied and use our service again. We therefore have no incentive to give you less than the amount on your initial appraisal. However, we are dependent upon being able to sell your items through other channels at a profit. So if there is a discrepancy in either condition, model name/number, or the associated accessories, we will send you an email with our revised appraisal, based on what we receive. On occasion we receive items that are different than the original appraisal in either condition, model name/number or the associated accessories. In this situation we will send you an email with our revised appraisal, based on what we received. At that point you can choose to accept our revised offer and receive prompt payment, or we will return your items to you at no cost. If we receive no response within 5 days, we will assume that you have accepted our revised offer.https://walmart.cexchange.com/online/home/faq.rails

did you receive a email before they issued the lower amount? If they didnt then they broke their own terms since they have to email you of the different condition and the new value then give you 5 days to accept the new value or to have the game return to you.

What if there is a discrepancy between my appraisal and the actual items received?

We want to give you a fair price so you're satisfied and use our service again. We therefore have no incentive to give you less than the amount on your initial appraisal. However, we are dependent upon being able to sell your items through other channels at a profit. So if there is a discrepancy in either condition, model name/number, or the associated accessories, we will send you an email with our revised appraisal, based on what we receive. On occasion we receive items that are different than the original appraisal in either condition, model name/number or the associated accessories. In this situation we will send you an email with our revised appraisal, based on what we received. At that point you can choose to accept our revised offer and receive prompt payment, or we will return your items to you at no cost. If we receive no response within 5 days, we will assume that you have accepted our revised offer.https://walmart.cexchange.com/online/home/faq.rails
They sent me a message saying they received it, then the next day I got the thing saying that.

I got a reply, this is the biggest file of bs I've ever seen, i took more then 7 days because I was out of town on vacation to mind you,

"It took longer than 7 days for the customer to send the product. It states in the terms &amp; conditions of the trade in that you have 7 days from when you create the order to get it post marked. If not the appraisal offer drops. If you are not satisfied with this please let us know and we will decline the offer for you and ship the phone back.

Thanks,
Bre"

bread's done
Back