Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to a couple WMs today I don't normally visit. BS showed some items in stock I was interested in but it was a wild goose chase. One store didn't even have clearance games that I could find. They are setting the BF items out in the isles and caps.

Do they pull the clearance stuff to make room for BF mech this time of year?

Went to a couple WMs today I don't normally visit. BS showed some items in stock I was interested in but it was a wild goose chase. One store didn't even have clearance games that I could find. They are setting the BF items out in the isles and caps.

technically this is the first year that they have put black friday stuff out this early, but that plus the electronics remodel that some stores are going through, along with the resets for new consoles and clearance will probably end up in the back or piled up somewhere obscure.

It's common for clearance aisles to get turned into seasonal/holiday aisles in my area at this time of the year.

Believe this has been posted before, just in case, not, here it is again:
Wally World nuked their in store pricing on the newest update to their app.
They went full Target, you never, ever go full Target.

What a pain this is gonna be on the clearance games now. Hell, it was great for non priced regular items.

What a pain this is gonna be on the clearance games now. Hell, it was great for non priced regular items.
<pour one for our homie>
Can you clarify what you mean by nuked?

<pour one for our homie>
Not sure about iOS, but on Android, it is still available with latest Walmart app. I just tested scanning an item that shows $5.00 on walmart.com and shows $1 in store.

Walmart.com is having a $20 sale for select Criterion Collection films. Including Moonrise Kingdom and Last Temptation of Christ.

RDR2 is already $25 on walmart.com

Thank you for the info.

Just a heads up for everyone, the 'deal' prices/savings for the iPhone XR's on brickseek are fake. MSRP for the 64gb is $499 and the 128gb is $549.

Does anyone know if Walmart is pricing PS5 games for $60 instead of $70? Like how new releases for the previous generation were $50 instead of $60.

Does anyone know if Walmart is pricing PS5 games for $60 instead of $70? Like how new releases for the previous generation were $50 instead of $60.
They are, minus Sony first party of course. Also the ones that have a $60 price (which I believe is just Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed?) are $50.

Picked up :ps4: Rage 2 for $5. Bought it at launch, beat it, sold to GS. Fun fps. Well worth $5 if you can find it.

My brother found a $10 :switch: Ni no Kuni. Will probably go to a nephew.

Saw :ps4: Journey to the Savage Planet for $10. Would have bit if I didn't already get it from Amazon for $15 a few weeks ago.

Found a copy of CoD Infinite Warefare Legacy Edition  :xb1:  for $3 the other day.  Comes with CoD Modern Warfare Remastered as well.  

Today, I found Syberia 3  :xb1:  for $4 and FIFA 16  :xb1:  for $3.  I know that I overpaid for an old sports title, but it should be good for a few achievements.  

They are, minus Sony first party of course. Also the ones that have a $60 price (which I believe is just Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed?) are $50.
According to brickseek in my area, Demon Souls and Miles Morales Ultimate are still $70, full price. CoD is $60 and Assassin's Creed is $50, both $10 off.. Someone else said it and I agree, seems like first party Sony games are full price; everything else is getting the typical Walmart $10 off.

Found a copy of CoD Infinite Warefare Legacy Edition :xb1: for $3 the other day. Comes with CoD Modern Warfare Remastered as well.
Picked up a copy on ps4 tonight. Was a little higher at $5 but still worth it I think.

Also grabbed GTA V :ps3: for $4.

They also had Fallout New Vegas Ultimate edition for $13 and a ridiculously old copy of Legendary that wouldn't scan.

Just came back from my store. They NEVER put stuff on clearance, so this was pretty surprising to see. I took photos, but here's a list of the games I found:

:ps4: Destiny 2: Forsaken - $4

:ps4: Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind - $3

:ps4: Elder Scrolls Online: Gold - $4.50

:ps4: Super Monkey Ball - $15

:ps4: Monkey King: Hero is Back - $4.50

:ps4: Dead by Daylight - $15

:ps4: The Surge 2 - $5

:ps4: Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset - $4.50

:ps4: Desperados III - $15

:ps4: Farming Simulator 17 Walmart Edition - $1

:ps4: Everspace Stellar Edition - $6.50

:ps4: Bee Simulator - $7.50

:ps4: World of Simulators - $15

:ps4: My Hero Macademia 2 - $20

Edit: Forgot :ps4: The Sims 4 + Cats and Dogs Expansion - $7.50

:xb1: NHL 16 - $1.50

:xb1: Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind - $1

:xb1: Dark Pictures: Man of Medan - $3

:xb1: Diablo III Eternal Collection - $15

:xb1: Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy - $2.25

:xb1: Elder Scrolls Online: Gold - $4.50

:xb1: NHL 19 - $2.50

:xb1: Ace Combat 7 - $10

:xb1: Generation Zero - $5.50

:xb1: Professional Farmer 2017 -$2.50

:switch: Gear Club 2 Unlimited - $15

They also had Imagine Babyz for fifty cents (and I didn't notice it until I checked the photos) and copies of Shadowrun Chronicles: Boston Lockdown... for three cents. Oh and they finally lowered the price of Recore for PC to five bucks.

Just came back from my store. They NEVER put stuff on clearance, so this was pretty surprising to see. I took photos, but here's a list of the games I found:

:xb1: Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind - $1

:xb1: Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy - $2.25

:xb1: Elder Scrolls Online: Gold - $4.50

:xb1: NHL 19 - $2.50
Any chance of getting a SKU for those? I'd like to see if they're available in my area.

Any chance of getting a SKU for those? I'd like to see if they're available in my area.
Well, not from me, I won't be going back to that store until December. But you should be able to get the SKU from the Walmart site, and you can use that in Brickseek to check the actual price.

Do Walmart clearance prices ever go up or is Brickseek being weird for me? I had been looking at a game that Brickseek said was only available at a few stores in the area but I never bothered to look for it. Weeks later, Brickseek is saying it's at a lot more stores but the price went up.

Thought the controller for $21.91 was a good deal but this takes the cake.

2zVNLEX.png

For that price I would go full on oprah and give them away at work.
But then they'd say, "Sweet, thanks! What games should I get for it?"

And you'd have to say, "Well, there's this God of War clone literally called Godfall. Then there's a Spider-Man game...and then everything else is a port or remake."

And they'd go home and list it on ebay for $2000 like the rest of the scumbags.

But then they'd say, "Sweet, thanks! What games should I get for it?"

And you'd have to say, "Well, there's this God of War clone literally called Godfall. Then there's a Spider-Man game...and then everything else is a port or remake."

And they'd go home and list it on ebay for $2000 like the rest of the scumbags.
I wouldn't call the people reselling "scumbags". Now if this was a necessary item like medication, yeah.. but otherwise, they're just taking part in capitalism. Consoles are a luxury item, and no one is forcing anyone to pay those prices. If someone is silly enough to want to buy a console at a purchase point well above MSRP when very few games exist for the system and knowing that there could be issues that prevent them from playing, then let them do so. It's their money to spend.

I wouldn't call the people reselling "scumbags". Now if this was a necessary item like medication, yeah.. but otherwise, they're just taking part in capitalism. Consoles are a luxury item, and no one is forcing anyone to pay those prices. If someone is silly enough to want to buy a console at a purchase point well above MSRP when very few games exist for the system and knowing that there could be issues that prevent them from playing, then let them do so. It's their money to spend.
There's a fine line between opportunist and scumbag. I dont disagree with what you said but there's a reason the U.S. has laws about monopolies and price gouging. I know this is neither of those situations but "just taking part in capitalism" seems like an excuse that gets thrown around a lot. The guys that bought all of the hand sanitizer in their area, sold it for ridiculous prices and were later arrested said something similar.

There's a fine line between opportunist and scumbag. I dont disagree with what you said but there's a reason the U.S. has laws about monopolies and price gouging. I know this is neither of those situations but "just taking part in capitalism" seems like an excuse that gets thrown around a lot. The guys that bought all of the hand sanitizer in their area, sold it for ridiculous prices and were later arrested said something similar.
There is a world of difference between hand sanitizer and video game consoles. I'm sorry that you can't recognize that.

While you are quite right that video games are and always have been a luxury and certainly not a necessity, I would also say that when you are talking about a very much artificially-created situation that leads to scalping it just seems really scummy regardless. It's not natural supply & demand. It's thoroughly contrived.

edit: I'm not interested or in the market for either a PS5 or a Xbox Series X so I have no horse in this race.

Did anybody receive their copy of Miles Morales for the discounted price? I thought they were cancelling mine but not only are they shipping me the game, they still sent me the gift card.

While you are quite right that video games are and always have been a luxury and certainly not a necessity, I would also say that when you are talking about a very much artificially created situation that leads to scalping it just seems really scummy regardless. It's not natural supply & demand. It's thoroughly contrived.
Actually this is the very essence of supply and demand.

Reading through this thread looking for deals leaves me pondering a single question...pro-scalper or anti-capitalist?

Or you could just wait like a couple weeks and not pay the markup?  Isn't this what CAG people do by conditioning?

The bad launch titles will be there later folks lol

If scalpers want to spend their limit one per customer in line or whatever online preorder they were lucky enough to probably only get one of if they didn't make a program to snap them up when they went live to make a few hundred bucks, they probably need the money anyway.  It isn't something people who have things like decent health insurance plans typically spend their time doing en masse.

They finally shipped my Walmart glitch spiderman and yeah I got the email gift card too since I ordered two separate and one was cancelled

bread's done
Back