Want RE5 Wii Edition? Come inside!

Scrubking

CAGiversary!
http://www.jeux-france.com/news20790...ka-kawata.html

Apparently, according to this interview, Masachika Kawata has expressed interest in remaking other RE titles for the Wii (in RE4Wii style, from the sound of it). Sadly, there's no online planned for RE:UC. Goodbye online co-op :(

Also, when asked why RE5 isn't developped for the Wii, he replies that RE:UC (or RE4Wii, didn't quite catch that) is a test to see how well the series would perform on the Wii.

More on RE:UC : They're still looking into how they could use other Wiimote functionalities or the Nunchuck in the game. It will be more than just a simple light-gun game, but will try to tie up and explain more of the story in the RE game. RE1 and RE3 were specifically mentioned in the interview, giving the impression that RE2 isn't present?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6974467#post6974467

Q: We gave Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition an excellent score. Why isn't Capcom bringing RE5 to Wii? As we seen with that game, impressive graphics can be done on that platform as well.

A: Decisions surrending the RE5 project were taken a long time ago [perhaps even before Nintendo unveiled Wii-mote?] and they needed to choose quickly on which platform they wanted to develop it. They haven't decided if they will port RE5 on Wii yet. So in a way this game (RE4:Wii); well both games [I think the translator switch Kawata's words to point both games] will help us to test the market, to see if developing this genre on this plateform is interesting. The decision is not made yet.

Q: Will RE:UC use the Wii-mote feature of simply point and shoot, or will they'll be other controls, using the nunchuck for example?

A: The basic feature of point and shoot will be used, but we're still working on trying stuff with the nunchuck.

Q: Why did you prefer the gun survivor genre instead of the classic style, like RE4?

A: The game concept is to sumarize the games and to add depth to the scenario, so in a sense, it's not simply a gun survivor game. Since we are going back on the story of previous games, it was useless to simply stage them the same way. So half of the game is something you might already did in previous games, and the other half is somehow new. — Based on what you seen on that video, what is your opinion on the game?

Q: A general question about the Resident Evil franchise; what inspire you to develop this game?

A: I did not watch, or play, or look at something else in particular. The sole purpose of that game was to give more room to the story, and to create it for the Wii.
In other words buy the hell out of RE4 and UC, and help sway the mind of Capcom. It already looks like it's working. Now BUY, BUY, BUY!!

[quote name='Scrubking']http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6974467#post6974467

In other words buy the hell out of RE4 and UC, and help sway the mind of Capcom. It already looks like it's working. Now BUY, BUY, BUY!![/QUOTE]

So basically, Capcom likes making money, and if they make money on the Wii, they will further attempt to make more money on the Wii. This will continue until they stop making money on the Wii.

[quote name='jalu6']So basically, Capcom is like any other company.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.:lol:

Honestly, it would be great to RE5 on the Wii as I can't imagine playing another RE game without Wiimote controls.

Or if Capcom really wanted to make some money, remake all of the past RE games and give them a RE4 Wii treatment. That would ROX!

I really like the wiified RE4 and think it is one hell of a deal. So I'l support Capcom on that one. However, I have no interest in UC. I watch the gameplay and find myself bored. Making an RE game into a rails shooter takes a lot of the scare out of it for me. Especially seeing as how I'm revisiting past RE content, which to be honest isn't particularly memorable (thanks in no small part to ribbon frustrations). I hope they don't lean too heavily on UC sales/reviews when considering RE5.

I would think that with the Wii's installed base, RE5 would do well enough to justify the port. It can't be that expensive for them developmentally--they've already learning a lot of GC/Wii lessons from the original and ported versions of RE4. Wouldn't that experience benefit the cost to them? I dunno, just asking.

No matter what happens, we've at least got RE4 for the Wii. Which ain't bad, considering the rest of the library at this point.

Well most of Japan is already aware that the Wii prints money, so it won't be a surprise if it gets RE5. Though I'd much prefer the Wii to get their own RE series specifically made for the Wii hardware. Not UC, but maybe a game that continues as Leon.

[quote name='Vinny']Or if Capcom really wanted to make some money, remake all of the past RE games and give them a RE4 Wii treatment. That would ROX![/QUOTE]
Serious, put out some $30-40 RE Wii-Makes and maybe an Outbreak title FTW. Doubtful though as UC will be covering previous RE games already.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i would def pay 30 bucks for an updated Code Veronica, never got a chance to play it.[/quote]

Not sure if I'm alone, but I've always loved Code Veronica...remember playing it for the first time on DreamCast...

Its a strange shift that the leading system is not the most powerful.* Now, I think it's going to take publishers a little while realize that AAA titles don't have to have Gears of War budgets. That's why at the beginning you will see a lot of this. Porting games intended for the "expected" market leader (either PS3 or 360) to the Wii.

*I know the PS2 wasn't the most powerful, but it was comparable. God of War 2 is on the same techical level as anything on the Xbox, and multiplatform games were always the same game save for a few framerate hitches or lower rez textures. But I think as the new gen systems mature, the power differences between the PS360 and the Wii are going to to end up being massive.

The controls for RE4 are amazingly intuitive and fun. To be honest, if RE5 makes it to Wii I'd go for that version rather than one on the graphically superior HD consoles.

[quote name='Wlogan31']Not sure if I'm alone, but I've always loved Code Veronica...remember playing it for the first time on DreamCast...[/QUOTE]

You're definitely not alone. CV was the only RE game (before RE4) that I actually played. I don't know how but I found it somewhat playable compared to the horrible but I actually made it to the end of disc 1 but quit at some boss fight in a helicopter.

[quote name='Callandor']I want Okami with widescreen and pro-scan.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Capcom will see how brilliantly Okami would work on the Wii. But I'm guessing they won't want to risk it seeing as how it bombed on the PS2.

[quote name='Vinny']
I wonder if Capcom will see how brilliantly Okami would work on the Wii. But I'm guessing they won't want to risk it seeing as how it bombed on the PS2.[/QUOTE]

I can dream, can't I? Besides, I sold my PS2 version shortly after beating it; If Capcom did an Okami wii-make at $30-40, I would definitely buy it again.

[quote name='jalu6']Its a strange shift that the leading system is not the most powerful.*.[/QUOTE]

actually the weakest system has been the leader twice now (ps1 and ps2)

I have also enjoyed the re4wiimake very much. Is it just me or did they make it slightly harder in terms of ammo. My accuracy has been good so far (80-90%) yet I find myself still just barely getting by(ammo wise)

[quote name='MarkMark']actually the weakest system has been the leader twice now (ps1 and ps2)

I have also enjoyed the re4wiimake very much. Is it just me or did they make it slightly harder in terms of ammo. My accuracy has been good so far (80-90%) yet I find myself still just barely getting by(ammo wise)[/quote]probably because they expect you to be fairly accurate, hence the lack of ammo to compensate for the easier aiming

I don't think that will be a problem, given how hard RE4 Wii is to find in stores at the moment. We'll officially know when NPD publishes their monthly numbers, though I have a suspicion it sold very well.

I wouldn't mind an RE5 port to the Wii, but I'd rather have an exclusive RE game that's not a "light gun" type of game. Either way, more RE on the Wii is good no matter what.

http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php According to VGChartz ( I don't know how reliable their numbers are compared to NPD, but whatever) RE4 Wii Edition has sold 134,954 copies which is quite behind the 500k/1 million mark but I think is pretty good for sales in It's first two weeks, especially for a game that was already on the Cube. 940k+ copies were sold in the US for the Cube. Despite RE4 selling close to a million in the US for the cube, overall it was a poorer seller on the Cube versus the PS2 worldwide (however it sold more for the Cube in the US versus the PS2).

I really hope we get more RE4 style games on the Wii done with an enhanced version of the RE4 engine. The Wii controls are so amazing, and I want more RE games.
[quote name='Monsta Mack']http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php According to VGChartz ( I don't know how reliable their numbers are compared to NPD, but whatever) RE4 Wii Edition has sold 134,954 copies which is quite behind the 500k/1 million mark but I think is pretty good for sales in It's first two weeks, especially for a game that was already on the Cube. I don't know what it sold for the Cube in the US.[/quote]
For the third port of a 2 year old game which had no advertising, I would think those numbers are pretty good. RE4 Wii edition should easily pass half a million units, and be approaching a 3/4 of a million to a million units by the end of the year worldwide.

The one thing I would change about the RE4 Wii engine would be to let the player move while aiming. The enemies would need to be faster to compensate for that ability but thats all fair. It'll feel more natural then stop and shoot.

[quote name='yukine']I don't think that will be a problem, given how hard RE4 Wii is to find in stores at the moment.[/quote]

Seriously?
I see tons of copies all over the place out here.

As for RE5 I rather see a different RE game planned for Wii. I have a feeling porting a dumbed down RE5 for Wii would just lead to disappointment. Why not use what you have and make something different.

[quote name='Callandor']I want Okami with widescreen and pro-scan.[/quote]
I would buy this on day 1.

oh, and I'm not buying RE5 for the Wii - put it on the 360 in full HD widescreen 5.1 and scare the shit out of me. I would have actually preferred a RE4 remake on the 360 taking advantage of the new hardware but I really like the Wii version anyway.

Honestly I don't care how the game looks. As long as PS360 have dual analog any RE game on the Wii will be the DEFINITIVE version.

Why would I want a dumbed down RE5?

I'll take a remake of RE2 or RE3 and I'm excited for Umbrella Chronicles, but c'mon...

[quote name='Scrubking']Honestly I don't care how the game looks. As long as PS360 have dual analog any RE game on the Wii will be the DEFINITIVE version.[/QUOTE]

Yea, 'cause a port is real appealing. :roll:

Like I said, leave RE5 where it started, and make a new game on the Wii similar to RE4/5.

[quote name='Scrubking']Honestly I don't care how the game looks. As long as PS360 have dual analog any RE game on the Wii will be the DEFINITIVE version.[/quote]
noI hope re4 is the last RE on Wii besides uc.

OH FOR fuckS SAKE I WANT THIS SO fuckING BAD

I saw a video of RE4 before it came out, and it's why I bought a gamecube, when I heard it was coming out for the Wii, i actually preordered it at EB, which I never do, I LOATHE the first three REs, so disorienting, but I love this new control scheme, so, so, so amazing on Wii, but OK on GC. I might, MIGHT, consider buying a 360 if this doesn't happen... to get this and Dead Rising.
Yeah, I like zombies, big fucking deal!!!
When you're all like "oh no! motha fucka ate my brain!" i'm gonna be prepared.

[quote name='porieux']Damn, for some reason I thought the thread title said REZ...I want REZ!![/QUOTE]

Ditto my man...That would be hot!!!

[quote name='javeryh']I would buy this on day 1.

oh, and I'm not buying RE5 for the Wii - put it on the 360 in full HD widescreen 5.1 and scare the shit out of me. I would have actually preferred a RE4 remake on the 360 taking advantage of the new hardware but I really like the Wii version anyway.[/quote]

Gameplay is more important than graphics, and always will be.

[quote name='smalien1']Gameplay is more important than graphics, and always will be.[/QUOTE]

Glad your opinion seem to be set in stone, and that we all must agree :roll:

How about Gameplay and Graphics are both important? Why settle for one when you can have both?

[quote name='seanr1221']Glad you're opinion seem to be set in stone, and that we all must agree :roll:

How about Gameplay and Graphics are both important? Why settle for one when you can have both?[/QUOTE]

This may be a beat the dead horse argument, but gameplay HAS to be more important than graphics. People won't continue playing a broken game because it looks pretty. Yes, they are both important, but I'd rather play an uglier game with awesome control than a beautiful game with terrible control.

Ok, and I'd still rather have both. I don't want to bother with a game that looks great but handles terribly, nor do I want to spend time with a game that looks like shit but is fun to play.

[quote name='seanr1221']Glad you're opinion seem to be set in stone, and that we all must agree :roll:

How about Gameplay and Graphics are both important? Why settle for one when you can have both?[/quote]

I am opinion?

And graphics do matter, just not as heavily as gameplay.
The RE4 graphics were really good.

[quote name='smalien1']I am opinion?

And graphics do matter, just not as heavily as gameplay.
The RE4 graphics were really good.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I always love when people have to point out one innocent typo in an internet argument. Go you!

Yes the RE4 graphics were really good, but did you see the RE5 footage shown last night?

Was that even real-time though? If it was, then I am hella impressed.

Either way, I don't think the Wii could handle RE5 without significant compromises in both graphics and gameplay.

I think the Wii presents an opportunity for them to really, really milk the franchise create some different games in the RE series. I'm mixed on which system I'd get RE5 on. If it's setup like RE4 was, it will be the Wii no doubt (anyone who would choose HD visuals and clunck dual analog over that beautiful control scheme boggles my mind). If they modify the game for 5 and reinvent it like they did for 4 again, it make be a better fit on the PS3/360.

Ok, Ok, now that I think of it, more power is important, a thing the wii can't provide, but not for graphics, but for physics, AI and the amount of characters on screen. Is that what you meant originally?

bread's done
Back