Warning: moatezhab amazon gift cards obtained via illegitimate means//UPDATED-refund

[quote name='Hostile']It would seem you can purchase something right after you insert the codes. Am I right?[/quote]

For me, the time It took to receive the email was less than 3 hours from the time of activation.

update- I have been refunded.

I am really glad that he is making things right. Sucks that he got screwed, though. So far one of my GCs appears to have worked fine, while I am still waiting to hear back from Amazon regarding the second. If I don't hear anything by the end of the day tomorrow, I'm going to assume that they meant what they said in the "we cannot disclose any further details of the situation with you" e-mail.

Edit: moatezhab has refunded me the $21 for the non-working GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hostile']It would seem you can purchase something right after you insert the codes. Am I right?[/quote]

Not necessarily. I mean sure you can, but if your code wasn't legit, then they will cancel your order....just like what happened to that 5 remaining GC codes that I haven't used. I redeemed then all after seeing that Amazon was selling 13 month of XBL for pretty much $30 with free shipping, but after a few hours, they canceled my orders, but I still had the $4 or so (from the first 2 codes that I used) remaining on my balance.

As for the 2 other codes that I sold to a guy I know in real life, I told him that I would just pay him back his money which was $40. Although I'm at a lost, I'm at least thankful that moatezhab refunded my purchaces of those 5 that got zeroed out. I know he's suffering more than any of us and Demix too. I truly hope that all works out for all of us 'affected' by this, as well as for moatezhab.

Wow....I was going to buy one from him...I even had his paypal email ready to make the payment...thanks a lot, seriously.

Guys, he refunded the people that were affected by this and is trying to fix it, so cut him some slack.
PS: Yes I got my refund.

bumpee
quick update
I got a full refund from moatezhab.
I requested a full refund on paypal thinking amazon would eventually invalidate all of them.
After all, the first 3 giftcards I entered in got wiped out. However, the 3 gcs that I entered in this morning are still valid.
I'll paypal moatezhab tomorrow if my Amazon balance is still in place.

edit:
i paypaled moatezhab for the 3 GCs that worked

Last edited by a moderator:
if they're not invalidated now, I dont think they will be

I purchased and entered the codes around 11am. at 2:36pm the same day, I received the email from amazon

I got my posting rights back. Currently I have refunded anyone that has asked.

My theory on how this all happened is seeming more and more right as I dig deeper into this. How this all happened: I'm a member at another forum where a user named sell_gifts was selling $25 amazon gift cards at $15 a peice. I, like anyone else was extremely suspicious so I didn't buy any. I few days later, many people bought 1 or 2 gift cards from him and redeemed them/bought things with no problems at all. So I decided to buy a few and sell them here for the quick $5 profit. Everything was going smooth and CAG members that bought from me were having no trouble at all with the cards. I continued to buy and sell, each time buying a larger amount (up to 21 gift cards in 1 transaction at one point). Yesterday I got the PM's from everyone here and everyone knows what happened from there.

My theory on what exactly happened is as follows. This user, sell_gifts, bought many of these gifts cards legit and sold them to me to build trust in him (for larger purchases from me), so many of the people the bought from me right at the start got legitimate gift cards (hence some of the cards working). After he built trust between himself and others that were buying from him he began to buy the gift cards from amazon using stolen credit cards (the non working gift cards), and that is where problems began to arise.

The full update on the situation is that, anyone that opened a dispute for there money has now been settled. I'm currently talking back and forth with amazon.com about the status of the giftcards and which ones have been zeroed and which ones are still working fine, and I'd like to thank iRandom, Hybrid5006, Jacknicklson, Demix500, IvanHood and wbc1228 for there honesty about the status of there gift cards. Especially wbc1228, you have already been refunded and could have just used the gift cards and kept the refund.

I'll probably continue to talk to amazon.com back and forth for the next 1-2 weeks to make sure which cards work and which don't.

As for my situation, I only have one request that I've been stressing through mods and anyone I dealt with. I only ask for your honesty when asking for a refund. Im getting results back from amazon as we speak as to which cards have been banned and which haven't and I really don't want to point anyone out for trying to rip me off. I'm currently down $350ish from all of this so I ask everyone to respect my one request.

[quote name='moatezhab']I got my posting rights back. Currently I have refunded anyone that has asked.

My theory on how this all happened is seeming more and more right as I dig deeper into this. How this all happened: I'm a member at another forum where a user named sell_gifts was selling $25 amazon gift cards at $15 a peice. I, like anyone else was extremely suspicious so I didn't buy any. I few days later, many people bought 1 or 2 gift cards from him and redeemed them/bought things with no problems at all. So I decided to buy a few and sell them here for the quick $5 profit. Everything was going smooth and CAG members that bought from me were having no trouble at all with the cards. I continued to buy and sell, each time buying a larger amount (up to 21 gift cards in 1 transaction at one point). Yesterday I got the PM's from everyone here and everyone knows what happened from there.

My theory on what exactly happened is as follows. This user, sell_gifts, bought many of these gifts cards legit and sold them to me to build trust in him (for larger purchases from me), so many of the people the bought from me right at the start got legitimate gift cards (hence some of the cards working). After he built trust between himself and others that were buying from him he began to buy the gift cards from amazon using stolen credit cards (the non working gift cards), and that is where problems began to arise.

The full update on the situation is that, anyone that opened a dispute for there money has now been settled. I'm currently talking back and forth with amazon.com about the status of the giftcards and which ones have been zeroed and which ones are still working fine, and I'd like to thank iRandom, Hybrid5006, Jacknicklson, Demix500, IvanHood and wbc1228 for there honesty about the status of there gift cards. Especially wbc1228, you have already been refunded and could have just used the gift cards and kept the refund.

I'll probably continue to talk to amazon.com back and forth for the next 1-2 weeks to make sure which cards work and which don't.

As for my situation, I only have one request that I've been stressing through mods and anyone I dealt with. I only ask for your honesty when asking for a refund. Im getting results back from amazon as we speak as to which cards have been banned and which haven't and I really don't want to point anyone out for trying to rip me off. I'm currently down $350ish from all of this so I ask everyone to respect my one request.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like you've done everything you can to make this right. I'm not even involved but I appreciate it. Thanks!

Just a quick update on the situation, wbc1228 had 3 working gift cards and he paid me for those after he got refunded for all the gift cards.

Jacknicklson had 6 out of 8 gift cards work so I refunded him for the 2 that were illegitimate.

I'd like to thank you both for your honesty. Amazon confirmed the gift cards you had were zeroed so again, you have helped me a great deal and my losses are slightly lower!

Thank You

bread's done
Back