Was there ever any deal in CAG history better than that Overstock $20 error?

My personal favorites:

CC - $5 Clearance and 2 for $10 on $20 games glitch
EB - 25% off CAG15/EDGE/SAVER, 85% off used PC games clearance
Gamerush/Blockbuster - Trade 3, Get 1 for $5; Trade 2, Get a new game/pre-order for $30, Trade 3 or more, Get $5 extra per game
TRU - 90% off Green tag clearance, $10 off 2 under $20

I think the Overstock deal is better because I got Princess Peach DS and Arrested Development Season 3 for a total of $3 shipped. Somehow I stacked the code, don't ask me how but both my orders shipped so yay for me

Yeah, I think there's a difference between 'deal' and 'glitch'. Even though I certainly take advantage of price mistakes/glitches, it still feels slightly wrong.
I've never had any luck at the CC or TRU clearances, all the good stuff is gone long before I can set foot in the store [even if I go day 1]; either they sell before clearance, or there are some hoarders/professional deal users who clean them out before I can get in. Clearances are YMMV anyway, it's just a way for them to move stock that hasn't moved, so certain markets are 'handicapped' from the beginning.
And of course I don't have a Hastings, nor a Gamerush anywhere near me, so I can't use those--I'm limited to CC, BB, BBO [crap selection], EB, GS, TRU and online.
So if we include 'glitches', I'm going to go with Overstocks, mostly because I was able to get stuff I actually wanted [rather than, "well, for five bucks I'll give it a shot"] for a nice markdown. Other than that, the other one that I personally benefited from was the Amazon/TRU 20-off coupon code or whatever; I got Simpsons Hit and Run and Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for less than 10 bucks shipped [this was before SHaR was a GH].

I'd say this was the best deal. I also found a $60 off $500 that worked. Unfortunatly I don't have a 360 and I didn't want to be too greedy (and buy games just to sell them), but I got a bunch of $30-$40 DVD sets for $1.40 each. I only wish I'd thought of Brisco County, I could've got that for about $10.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I'd say this was the best deal. I also found a $60 off $500 that worked. Unfortunatly I don't have a 360 and I didn't want to be too greedy (and buy games just to sell them), but I got a bunch of $30-$40 DVD sets for $1.40 each. I only wish I'd thought of Brisco County, I could've got that for about $10.[/QUOTE]

That would've been a good call. I made my only order for a pre-order, so who knows if it'll go through. Brisco would be in hand by now. Why is that set so expensive? It seems like it should be a 20$ one.

While my instinct says $5 CC (I've still never seen a thread explose after the scan of the DISGAEA receipt), The TRU Magic Coupon has got to be the best. I remember getting 78 games and 30 pennied guides for $28.xx. Even though I still have sealed copies of things like XIII and Hard Hitter Tennis for free that I still haven't been able to get rid of, the sheer numbers of free stuff made it the best sale ever. And that's when I only had one TRU to choose from.

Dave

[quote name='neocisco']CC $5 clearance in 7/04 wins. That sale probably caused one of the biggest increases in site traffic as well.[/QUOTE]

Most definitely. A shit-ton of great/rare games for 5 bucks, hells yeah. Overstocks was good (even though I missed out on it, damnit) too though.

Other honorable mentions:

TRU had a coupon glitch which combined with a BOGO or B2G1 or something like that from a couple years ago let you get $10.00 games for free

Penny guides: always great

TAG TEAM:
TRU's green tag 2 years ago went largely unnoticed in most areas until it hit 90%, so there were some amazing deals there too, many for free or close to it.

At the same time, EB had a trade in 2 get an extra $10 credit... w/ NO EXCLUSIONS. Tons of >$2.00 games (and free jampacks!) = tons of store credit for almost free.

The EB sale in July last year was sweet too, every morning I remember waking up early to get online and see what games were back in stock for $9.99, getting Metroid Prime , Zelda: Four Swords, MSG 3, and a bunch of other games brand new for 10 bucks was pretty sweet, plus if you ordered a used game with it you got free shipping on everything, it wouldnt rank to me as the best ever but its up there in terms of my favorites

My personal favorite, which was more luck and good timing of three deals together, was the BB/Gamerush trade in 3, get one for $5 (plus credit), which overlapped with B2G1F on used games, and then my BB putting out 20+ refurbished copies of God of War, Fight Night, and several other games trading in for $30. That was a nice time.

As good as these deals are you can't beat 100% free. Before Toys R Us was taken over by someone else I got a few things free because they were pennied out and green tagged for 90% off. I got Stretch Panic and quite a few guides for free. I just walked up with them to the register, they scanned them and were like "uh I guess its free today!". Sweetness

I was a big fan of the Toys R Us store closings that CAG clued me into.. also the Sam Goody store closings. There was a huge Sam Goody near where I go to school, a Toys R Us closing in that area and a Toys R Us closing close to home. I got lots of great games for awesome clearance prices, and at Sam Goody I got a LOT of cheap music!

Still, now that my Overstock orders are arriving.. this has to be the best deal I've ever been part of.

[quote name='slidecage']and the BIG DADDY

10 bucks off any 2 games at TRU. Walking up with 30 games and getting them for less then 20 bucks Kicked major ass for 5 bucks [/QUOTE]

Honestly, I doubt anyone could find better. I have never scored so many 25¢ games in my life.

Yeah the $10 off any 2 from TRU was the awesome... At the same time both ebgames and GameStop had a "trade in any 2 and get a $10 bonus". Needless to say, I got my PS2 for free :)

[quote name='rywateska']Honestly, I doubt anyone could find better. I have never scored so many 25¢ games in my life.[/quote]

You just agreed with slidecage. You've now lost all credibility.;)

Man, my blockbuster still has some of the games in stock from when i traded in for that trade 3 get one for $5 : ). Absolute crap haha that was great. I havent taken advantage of too many of the glitchs, but im defenetly out there for b2g1 at gamestop and other sales.

TRU Green Tag Sale

I remember...was it like 2 years ago...when EB Games (before GS took over) had the trade any 2 get $10, trade 3 get $15, etc. This was concurrent with the Gamerush sale so people were racking up thousands of dollars in credit by spending like $200.

I think the best was the $10 off coupon at Best Buy simply because that sonuvabitch lasted for months and the timing was perfect (like December thru January, but even when it expired, it still worked.) I saved so much money with that shit.

The best deal i actually got in on: The best buy $10 off coupon
the best deal i heard about: Tru 90% off with eb's trade 2 for $10 at the same time.

Best Deals for me in order:

Blockbuster Buy 2 Get 1 combined with Trade 3 get one for $5. I discovered this on my own and in about 1 month ramped about $100 cash into about $1500 credit. Searching for that online is what led me to this website.

Best Buy $10 off coupon last Christmas. I had used credit mentioned above to buy an XBOX 360. I used these coupons to buy all accessories and games. In all I used about 20 of them. Once I used two to buy two copies of King Kong for $20 each, used the two movie passes that night to see the movie, then sold both back to Blockbuster for $30 each. Would have been smoking hot had the movie and the game not been so terrible.

TRU $9.98 sale last winter. Best part was having the list well before advertised and before store even knew about it. Got so many great games plus about 20 copies of Dragonball Z for $5 each which at the time traded at Blockbuster for $12 each. Was able to buy all the maintenance and kitchen staff at my school $10 or $20 giftcards for cheap.

Blockbuster buy $50 worth of Giftcards, get $5 giftcard free. Occurred at the same time as the Dragonball Z's were traded in, so got lots of bonuses. On at least 4 occaisions I used Giftcards to purchase Giftcards (to get smaller denominations) and got the bonus despite telling the cashier I shouldn't get it.

I also enjoyed this summer the CC sale and Kmart clearances combined with the Blockbuster extra $5 promotion and Gamestop extra $10 for 3 games promotion.

Probably the Best Buy era...They had Resident Evil 4 down as $15 before it released so on launch day I bought 4 copies for 60 bucks hehe

My favorite was the $5 CC sale a few years ago. I bought a ton of games that are still in my backlog.

I also got Street Figter Alpha 3 for PSP for $1 on (or very near) release day so that was pretty cool too.

EDIT: How could I forget $10 RE4?? So many good deals...

I only looked at the first page of responses...but I can't believe no one mentioned the TRU magic coupon from a year or two ago...I got a ton of free games from that.

bread's done
Back