Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

We do bring stuff to trade. Most people leave it in their vehicles until the end of the meet, then we bring it all in and start swapping and buying. :)

[quote name='mm2barry']Thanks for e-viting me Mana. I'm going to hire a babysitter and make it out for this one. Other than camaraderie, do we bring games for trade or anything? I don't know what kind of shenanigans when on last year.
If we don't normally trade, here's an open request for Gears of War 3. If you have it and want to trade it, let me know what it's going to take to get it from one of you.
My game collection isn't completely up to date, but it's pretty close. Let me know if there's anything any of you guys are interested in and we'll make something happen.
Looking forward to meeting whoever shows up. Time to be anti-antisocial![/QUOTE]

There's a pretty good chance I'll be done with Gears 3 enough to trade it away by then, but I can't really think of anything I'm looking for at the moment outside of Dark Souls. It never hurts to take a look at one's trade list though.

MjC

Put me down as a solid maybe :p (Hard to get out of the house with a newborn). I'm interested in doing some serious trading/selling, especially if anyone's interested in some older stuff (PSX, PS2, Gamecube, even a N64 system). Thinking about downsizing some of my collection, working on putting a list together (highlights include Suikoden 1 and 2, some PS2 imports (Melty Blood, Fist of the North Star), and some rarer Gamecube games (Ikaruga, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Tales of Symphonia).

[quote name='BigBen']Put me down as a solid maybe :p (Hard to get out of the house with a newborn). I'm interested in doing some serious trading/selling, especially if anyone's interested in some older stuff (PSX, PS2, Gamecube, even a N64 system). Thinking about downsizing some of my collection, working on putting a list together (highlights include Suikoden 1 and 2, some PS2 imports (Melty Blood, Fist of the North Star), and some rarer Gamecube games (Ikaruga, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Tales of Symphonia).[/QUOTE]

I hope to get there right at 2pm because I'm going to have to split by 3pm. Your FotNS PS2 game intrigues me if will work via HD Advance.

MjC

[quote name='enemyofusall']Hey guys how was the uncharted event? And how early should I get there and are cameras allowed?[/QUOTE]
I'm blogging about it right now.

[quote name='enemyofusall']Hey guys how was the uncharted event? And how early should I get there and are cameras allowed?[/QUOTE]

You are not supposed to take pics and video but plenty of people did and no one seemed to care. I'd say get there 15 minutes early to sign in using the awful Sony tablets they have laid out.

[quote name='BigBen']Put me down as a solid maybe :p (Hard to get out of the house with a newborn). I'm interested in doing some serious trading/selling, especially if anyone's interested in some older stuff (PSX, PS2, Gamecube, even a N64 system). Thinking about downsizing some of my collection, working on putting a list together (highlights include Suikoden 1 and 2, some PS2 imports (Melty Blood, Fist of the North Star), and some rarer Gamecube games (Ikaruga, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Tales of Symphonia).[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see what games you have. Hopefully I can make it there before you leave.

[quote name='enemyofusall']haha yes those tablets are dreadful. But the event was fun nonetheless![/QUOTE]The only issue I had was entering my phone number. THAT was the worst part of the tablet (ugh).

[quote name='BigBen']Ok, I put up a trade list, would love to see your trade lists if ya got them. I'm pretty sure that I'll be there. I don't plan on bringing the N64 stuff unless someone is interested beforehand.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8972628#post8972628[/QUOTE]

I hope you stay late because I probably won't be there until 5. I'd like to trade my 360 copies of New Vegas and FF13 for Donkey Kong 64 and Starfox 64.

I am also interested in Metroid Pinball, Tetris DS, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow and LoZ LTTP

[quote name='Indifference']I might be able to get to the meetup by 5. Hopefully someone will still be there[/QUOTE]

If I am needed at this other event, I might not show until 5, myself, so you won't be alone.

[quote name='mm2barry']Here's my list:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?u=12123&do=tradelist
I have my God of War PSP and whole collection for sale. here's the link from CL:
http://annapolis.craigslist.org/vgm/2635297068.html
Also, i'm trying to sell my guitar hero/rockband collection. If you're interested in that bundle, let me know.
The only game I'm really wanting to get is Gears of War 3, but let me know what you've got and we can make a deal of some kind.[/QUOTE]

please let me know what you guys want me to bring. i'd prefer not to lug all of this stuff out of the house.

[quote name='Indifference']I hope you stay late because I probably won't be there until 5. I'd like to trade my 360 copies of New Vegas and FF13 for Donkey Kong 64 and Starfox 64.

I am also interested in Metroid Pinball, Tetris DS, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow and LoZ LTTP[/QUOTE]

I'll do my best to stick around, wasn't necessarily planning on being there from 2-5pm, but I'll try. Do you have a trade list?

[quote name='BigBen']I'll do my best to stick around, wasn't necessarily planning on being there from 2-5pm, but I'll try. Do you have a trade list?[/QUOTE]
No I don't, sorry. I do have two games you want though and I suppose you'd probably take cash for the others I mentioned. Could you go to Duclaw later?

Last edited by a moderator:
All right, the event is still on for today.

I updated the post with this:
Washington D.C. Metro Area Goozex/CAG Meet-up
Date: Saturday, October 22nd, 2011

Time: 2PM - Whenever
7000 Arundel Mills Circle (near Cinemark Egyptian Theater) Hanover , MD 21076 (410) 799-1166
We will meet in the bar near the outside entrance.

Those who plan to attend:
  • Mana Knight (possibly)
  • G-Nitro
  • BigBen
  • GenDV138
  • MCalvert1
  • The Great BM
  • mm2barry
  • indifference

Last edited by a moderator:
It was good seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new ones. Some nice trading as well. I left feedback for everyone I traded with (I think), please do the same. Hope to see you guys at the next one.

[quote name='GenDV138']yeah good times everyone, AssaultSuit seems to have a neverending supply of stuff to get rid of![/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. He did it at Play! Symphony concert too, haha.

As soon as I get my license I'll come to one of these meetups.

[quote name='mm2barry']I'm looking forward to meeting you guys for the first time. Make sure to check out my trade list to see if there's anything you want.
Again, I'm looking for Gears 3
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?u=12123&do=tradelist[/QUOTE]

If you still need Gears 3 I have a sealed copy I'm trying to get rid of for cheap. I'm not interested in any game on your list but I could sell it to for 35 shipped.

[quote name='Sinfulfate']As soon as I get my license I'll come to one of these meetups.

[/QUOTE]
I dealt with the same for years back when I lived in Indiana. I totally understand.

Anyone in the area interested in splitting the Buy 2 Get 1 free deal at Target that starts on Sunday? I'm only interested in getting 1 game right now (Batman AC), if someone is interested in 2 games and is in the Columbia area, I'd gladly split it with ya.

Too bad this isn't 1 week later, I'd totally go for a Skyrim/MW3/Batman AC combo.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']My next event is AnimeUSA. Likely I'll hang out w/ FlamingMoogles, GenDV138, and possibly my female friend for part of the time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll be there all three days if anyone wants to hang out.

[quote name='G-Nitro']I won't be there thanks to having to work 8-4 on saturday. Looks like Katsucon is my next con![/QUOTE]

That sucks, well I'll be at Katsucon too, lol

AnimeUSA is probably out for me again, but I might try to make Katsucon for once. I am a regular at Otakon for whatever that's worth ;).

@amishpriest You are very likely to see me around because I'm the type who travels all over MD a lot. Lol, many remember how I posted about going to over 24 Target stores in the state (been to 4 in Montgomery County alone).

I practically live at the Rockville Target. Helps that it's right on the way to and from work. I use the Gaithersburg and Germantown stores if I get desperate/bored lol.

Edit: Totally forgot about Magfest...I'm going to definitely try to be there.

[quote name='jterp7']any locals interested in buying Tetris Axis? Rather it go to a CAG than GS[/QUOTE]

I'm interested, if you haven't already gotten somebody else...

/tk

bread's done
Back