Washington Post flames Gamecube

[quote name='int80h']Nintendo needs an ambiguously gay man in green armour. I hear they sell lots of systems.[/quote]

I thought that that was how Nintendo launched the GameCube to begin with, with Luigi's Mansion. Maybe not enough armour, huh?

[quote name='chunk'][quote name='Theenternal'] you forgot about violent acts while roaming around in a city.[/quote]

No I didn't. GTA 1 and 2 had violent acts while roaming around in a city and were nowhere near as popular.

There are probably thousands of other games that also had this same feature before GTA3, but none of them had enough luck to charm the fickle gaming public.[/quote]

It wasnt luck. GTA 1 & 2 did have some press coverage for being violent, but it was still very cartoony and looked like Super Off-Road, With Guns! GTA III took it from cartoony to realistic (3rd demension and all that), which REALLY peeves those guys, like Leiberman.

The Nintendo Gamecube is a great console to own. I love Nintendo's first party titles. One of the first party titles would be the Legend of Zelda series. Zelda is a series I can not live without, and because of it I will always own a Nintendo platform sometime down the road.

But they are lacking in the third party department. Soul Calibur 2 was the only multiplatform game I bought for the Cube, thanks to Link, and their amount of titles is demnishing. At one time the Cube was right behind the PS2, but the XBox has taken It's place in quality titles, and offers quantity to boot.

I also believe online is a important part of my gaming. Nintendo has done NOTHING (outside of PSO) to garner my interest when it comes to online games. Yes, the XBox user base that uses XBox Live is not even at 25%, but It's steadily growing, and it wasn't until recently that Nintendo said online was worth investing in (I believe I read off magic-box, Shiggy admited online would be key in another four years). I don't know about you, but I get tired of fighting cheap computer AI as "competition" and I have friends with various gaming interests that aren't always willing to play against me, so having a huge amount of people online as competition is always a plus.

What I'm hopig for in the Nintendo Revolution is better third party support, online play. I don't think that's much to ask.

But as for now, I own a Cube, but it will continue to collect dust till the new Zelda comes out.

Great Nintendo exclusive games I own, and so should you:
Animal Crossing
Eternal Darkness
F-Zero GX
Harvest Moon:AWOL
Ikaruga
Mario Party Series
MGS: Twin SNakes
Metroid Prime 1 and 2
Pikmin series
Resident Evil remakes
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Zelda Series

Can't forget about Mario Power Tennis, Double Dash or Paper Mario. ALthough I own neither.

I haven't been following this thread, but I can imagine what has already been written and said. I used to defend Nintendo and my GameCube, to enlighten those that were ignorant or intentional naive...but you know what. I really don't care anymore. I love my GameCube. I have the other systems, but I play my GameCube the most, with the exception of the MGS:SE. Anyhow, it is no longer important for me to convince others why they should play or have a GameCube. If the recent holiday bundles aren't enough incentive, screw you Nintendo hater. It's you loss and you are no real or true gamer. There was a time when gamers would play only good games, but it is evident that flash, hype, what your dumb friends or the guy at the store thinks is more important.....than the actual game.

The Cube is a great system. The only thing they are doing wrong is they are not paying to get titles like GTA and Burnout 3 ported to their system. They need to bring the AAA titles that Xbox and PS2 have to their platform.

They are both right and wrong. Yes, the GameCube is receiving less and less games when compared to the Playstation 2 and Xbox, nut No because the GameCube is receiving some great, quality exclusive titles.

bread's done
Back