Watch Dogs Discussion Thread (6/12 Update: IGN interview)

Man this game is harder than I expected (In a good way). I seriously died at least 8 times trying to get through a CTOS station, stealth or lethal is was hard as hell trying to clear it out, and not only that but I keep killing myself over and over by constantly mashing X and getting blown up.  :whistle2:

In the good news I managed to successfully evade the cops for once, got chased from the mountains down to the city before managing to slip into a parking lot.

i was able to do all the stations with out steping one foot in them other then one where some reason it would not hack unless i went in and did it after killing all the guys first

i was able to do all the stations with out steping one foot in them other then one where some reason it would not hack unless i went in and did it after killing all the guys first
Same here, but I got invaded while trying to hack into 3 stations. Of course it worked in my favor as the game dropped them into the middle of the ctOS areas and they were killed immediately. It was really funny.

what happens when you hack someone 100 percent in their game?
You win and get the points and they lose a few.

Unfortunately voice commands have been working on and off for me which sucks since I've had a lot of "Record that" moments. Played a match where I was hacking someone and several times he came REALLY close to finding me but he backed away. Then later someone hacked me and since it was near a subway I immediately ran on top of the platform to see if they were there, and as I was walking down he sprinted past me realizing he got called he just stood there and started shooting me but I killed first.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6D4026AC8D7FA1DB!9249&authkey=!AC2SSUM6RcAcKco&ithint=video%2c.mp4

Video from that close encounter.

You win and get the points and they lose a few.

Unfortunately voice commands have been working on and off for me which sucks since I've had a lot of "Record that" moments. Played a match where I was hacking someone and several times he came REALLY close to finding me but he backed away. Then later someone hacked me and since it was near a subway I immediately ran on top of the platform to see if they were there, and as I was walking down he sprinted past me realizing he got called he just stood there and started shooting me but I killed first.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6D4026AC8D7FA1DB!9249&authkey=!AC2SSUM6RcAcKco&ithint=video%2c.mp4

Video from that close encounter.
nice video but that dude why would you stop lol :wall:

Just got the first Notoriety level award, doing races which give you a lot more than hacking. Well its also my specialty, I'm the driver lol. Glad Uplay is up and all, two actions and I unlocked an exclusive Aiden Pierce Uplay avatar and gold pistol(D9something). :p

Last edited by a moderator:
i turned the option off that allows people to invade my game i think i will play it a 2nd time with that on but just like dark souls i don't want anyone affecting my joy of single player.
I like the invading because it's like 500 xp if you kill someone who invades. Plus it's kinda fun. Last night I had a guy try to run me over instead of hack me so I got up, got my assault rifle and shot him, lol.

So the Decryption is usually a good mode for Watch Dogs except for when people do this but I got him back hahah!
Watch Dogs Mobile Decryption Win!: http://youtu.be/hiNNNs3Rhe0

So, the mobile app is pretty fucking awesome.  I changed my mind on it when the servers decided to work.

http://www.twitch.tv/beflatline/b/533200199

This is my wife and I playing last night using the Mobile App.  I loaded it up on a rooted HP Touchpad (with Android installed).  You can skip through segments where we were boring or just setting up (Races don't start till about 3:50 in).  I'm thinking I gotta move the Kinect camera though so that we both can be seen better when playing.

Problem I keep having with the mobile app is someone rage quits and either turns off their device or exits the app. Then it just gives me a connection issue and nobody wins.

Ahh I gotcha.

So after you play a few Decryption games you can unlock Chicago (Tommy gun) and Firepower load outs, then a third tier I forgot the load out you unlock. I just unlockef the Firepower one right now which is a grenade launcher/ pistol set up. Also the pistol I got from Uplay is the D50, which is the golden pistol shown in the promos for the game. It's also found in Far Cry 3, a nice addition if indeed was served as fan service.

I used a silenced pistol in one of the missions where you had to enter an area, get the access codes from the guards and enter an office. I was so Sam Fisher I wish I could have recorded it all, too long and I'm out of space according to my Xbox One's UI (I think that's new).

Withoit spoiling anything, I got to "the bunker" part and haha there's a funny nod to Assassin's Creed in that location. I played much of the campaign and then finished off the night with multiplayer, a pattern I've done before and what I think I'll continue to do in the coming week.

Oh yeah, so update on the exclusive Breakthrough mission from the BB preorder, it was practically a criminal convoy with two targets I had to knock out. Failed multiple times because I killed them accidently with frag grenades. My bad!
At least there's the vehicle perk with that DLC.

I think the online achievements are going to be tough, people keep backing out or the "fail to join" msg. I did get the Stealth Cookie achievment because guy was just standing there, I guess he was away from the game lol

the amount of content in this game is unreal. i can't remember last time i had so much fun and into side content in a game like this. the spy side stuff is so funny to watch and just did one that a person well knowing with ubisoft shows up in one made me crack up what they were doing. I would say this side content for me is much better then most in a.c games and even gta v side content was kind or boring. 

I really wish people bashing the game because oh it don't look like 2012 demo so im not playing it would give the game a chance. The gameplay is really good and really fun that i could careless about how it looks.

I really wish people bashing the game because oh it don't look like 2012 demo so im not playing it would give the game a chance. The gameplay is really good and really fun that i could careless about how it looks.
Right? It's about gameplay, for pete's sake.

The original arcade Galaga remains one of my all-time favorite games to play, period.

I think you would care a little but yes the visual comparison from E3 is stupid and exaggerated. Most likely they didn't have the whole city done when showing off that part of the game so you rather get huge dense cityscape with great graphics or small play space with amazing visuals.

Might have ran up on a glitch

I hacked all the lines to the River East ctOS Tower, but when I there standing at the pole I have no option to unlock just a large red diamond

Damn tough morning, I was running from the cops and hit  a car sending it into a bustop killing 4 people. Them Chicago streets are nothing to play with. lol

Yeah and the best thing about the side missions is that even though everything is a grind, it doesn't feel like it because you get progressive rewards and the gameplay is fun. I also am enjoying Watch Dogs more than GTA V. I never really liked all the fluff they decided to throw into GTA V's campaign and limiting you on one character. I am totally Sam Fisher on my hang hideout or missions where I have to avoid guards, super satisfying. Lol the other night I swear I would have been seen as a guy I didn't see walked infront of me entering my gaming camera angle perspective. Haha I was like oh crap, B for take down lol.

Anyone having a hard time with the Free Radical cheevie, I just went to top left of map in the water, got a boat, shot at people and cops til level 5 and then left area in boat. Just do the occasional stop and shoot helicopter marksman and continue.

I love the privacy hacks for collectibles in this game. So funny and a bit disturbing with what you'll find inside people's apartments. Starts to get a little too realistic, lol. :lol:

I love the privacy hacks for collectibles in this game. So funny and a bit disturbing with what you'll find inside people's apartments. Starts to get a little too realistic, lol. :lol:
If Twitch figures out that I streamed a thing, I might get in a little trouble . . . we'll just say hooker boobies. Oops!

i have to agree with this game being more fun then gta 5. The story of gta 5 was major let down and don't get me started on the boring online play compared to gta 4.

Finished the story mode. Definitely one of the more memorable stories I've done I really liked it a lot. Got so good I couldn't leave my seat and just wanted to see it through......ended up sitting there for hours upon hours..

Yeah the story is really getting me sucked in as well, I'm on Act III. Some pretty cinematic shit! Ubisoft has done some top notch motion capture and voice overs. I love every character I meet, some Naughty Dog quality stuff. Also ever do focus in the rain in combat, wow stellar stuff!

Didn't record T-Bone's mission, was too caught up in it to remember to DVR it but I did put together the moments I did remember to say Xbox Record that lol.
Watch Dogs' Aiden Pearce is a Badass: http://youtu.be/Fc-NdoexYYo

I love the fact that Ministry AND Wu Tang songs are in this game.

Seriously, Jesus Built My Hotrod is one of my all time favorites.  And it fit the scene perfectly that it was in.

Yeah I wasn't too impressed with the soundtrack for GTA V, loved IV. I'm also really digging the OST of Watch Dogs.

Just did a mission where I encountered a bug but I didn't know if it was meant to be on purpose or was a bug. Oh you, Watch Dogs.

Just learned pretty much always use a blackout on cop helis and cruisers. Way easier to escape. I have the disable helicopter hacking skill but it's never within view. Maybe you have to get out of the car to aim at it but I'm too busy blowing steam pipes, switching traffic lights, popping up blockers and watching cinematic slo-mo goodness.

Edit: Beat it, superb game and can't wait for one of my favorite franchises now.

[quote name="Spybreak9" post="11807141" timestamp="1401672188"]Yeah I wasn't too impressed with the soundtrack for GTA V, loved IV. I'm also really digging the OST of Watch Dogs.

Just did a mission where I encountered a bug but I didn't know if it was meant to be on purpose or was a bug. Oh you, Watch Dogs.

Just learned pretty much always use a blackout on cop helis and cruisers. Way easier to escape. I have the disable helicopter hacking skill but it's never within view. Maybe you have to get out of the car to aim at it but I'm too busy blowing steam pipes, switching traffic lights, popping up blockers and watching cinematic slo-mo goodness.[/quote]
Found out you can use the disable helicopter on players when they are attacking from the mobile app.

Well, after beating the game I'm a bit upset that there's no way to replay the final mission.  I did everything how I wanted, minus the final choice after the credits.

Reason I did it the way I didn't want to the first time was because I thought it could be redone . . . figured I'd end it with the "right" ending that I wanted the "last" time.  Now, if I want the ending that I really wanted I apparently have to play through the entire game again . . .

Soooo IGN just threw up their videos on the PS3/PS4's exclusive "extra 60 mins gameplay". I hear they're also available on the PC with the Deluxe Edition. Lol exclusives.

They're played in about 30 minutes and all the same kind of mission?

Since I beat the game, sorry dude don't know what to say, I decided to go back to Ubisoft's Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and finish finding the last Dragons. Lol must have been subconscious motives from seeing their own product placement. :p

Edit: Unlocked the last two towers, funny that they were also the most complicated to do. Going through and getting the collectibles, actually enjoy the CTOS Breech side missions. "Camera hop"ing is paramount on these.

I'm almost done with all the side missions and collectibles that I got far enough into the story to unlock multiplayer. 

Funniest  thing was, I was hacking a ctOS tower and I see a grate. So, just for shits and giggles, I decided to blow it. Apparently I was getting ready to get hacked by someone and he came roaring in with a motorcycle the exact same time I blew the grate and he didn't even get to install anything. It was so random but just so damn funny. Really wish I recorded it.

Hahaha there's always funny stuff with A.I. in a game, some from Watch Dogs. I went back to the 1st dude and he was sitting on a ledge of air where he fell last time.
Watch Dogs Funny NPC AI Bugs: http://youtu.be/oHReUI8tw_Y
Yeah I heard, that is great news and hope to see more Watch Dogs as well as an improved sequel, as in terms of what Ubisoft did with the AC series. OK, speculation time and for those that beat the campaign:
Do you think we'll see more cities like what they hint at in the end. Seattle, LA, NY and what other places do you think the Watch Dogs' franchise is heading? Also do you think Jordi will be the next game's adversary or will it be Blume again? Sorta fits the formula of previous partner & now enemy that Ubisoft used with Damien.

Do you think we'll see more cities like what they hint at in the end. Seattle, LA, NY and what other places do you think the Watch Dogs' franchise is heading? Also do you think Jordi will be the next game's adversary or will it be Blume again? Sorta fits the formula of previous partner & now enemy that Ubisoft used with Damien.
Jordi is a fixer for hire. He goes where the money is best. I doubt he'd be an enemy.

DeadSec and Blume will be the future enemies. It really comes down to how they want to play it out though. They are definitely going to be bringing it out of Chicago and into other cities though.

Does DeadSec take over a CTOS city in the future? Maybe. And that could make them the enemy. Do they go all terrorist hacky? Another chance of them being the enemy. Or do they just hold a grudge against Aiden (if he's the main character) for fucking them out of Chicago's CTOS? There's always that.

All in all, I see DeadSec being an enemy in the future. Blume will definitely continue to be one.

Jordi is a fixer for hire. He goes where the money is best. I doubt he'd be an enemy.

DeadSec and Blume will be the future enemies. It really comes down to how they want to play it out though. They are definitely going to be bringing it out of Chicago and into other cities though.

Does DeadSec take over a CTOS city in the future? Maybe. And that could make them the enemy. Do they go all terrorist hacky? Another chance of them being the enemy. Or do they just hold a grudge against Aiden (if he's the main character) for fucking them out of Chicago's CTOS? There's always that.

All in all, I see DeadSec being an enemy in the future. Blume will definitely continue to be one.
Yeah going hypothetical again. The next game will probably be
like how everyone thought the first one would be, hyper connected where you'll see hackers in your game and they will see you as well. We're not taking just one fixer invading your game but everyone sort of sharing a shared city. That our most definitely a new city locale. That and I would like to see factions. If you watch the Watch Dogs launch trailer you can see a hint of this. Jordi is most likely a fixer for hire so he could go either way but Ubisoft could also introduce a new player. Their character creation has been top notch with their games. I was actually a little sad taking out Iraq because u felt his character never really got fleshed out.

Just finished out all the investigations.  I've got to say, the "final" missions for each one was pretty disappointing . . .  but I still enjoyed the game pretty thoroughly.

I still don't get all the hate on this game though.  Especially Kotaku's total "this game sucks because it's filled with nothing but trope-y stereotypes and no respect for women."  The fuck, Kotaku?  Did you really just call Ubisoft's devs bigots, without fully saying it?

Their review left me absolutely flabbergasted.  I swear, some people are just looking for reasons to be outraged.  And then, there's the comments.  SPOILER TAG because, well, it's going to get super spoilery.

So, they keep saying it's a racist game because you kill black people that act like stereotypical gang bangers.  Did they all miss the point?  Iraq's audio logs detail how he picked his low level people to fit that exact stereotype so as to draw attention away.  He picked dilapidated housing projects and filled them with gang bangers to disguise his operations.  He *wanted* the outside world to think it was a crime ridden project that was without ambitions.  All the while, he was gathering blackmail on the entire city and running things.  The entire point was if he setup shop like Blume did, DeadSec would've been up his ass.  So he decided to hide in plain sight.

Then again, I don't know what I expected from Kotaku.  Their articles tend to be filled with clickbait bullshit, or filler that isn't really news.  Still annoying though.  It really is disappointing how sensitive and PC certain groups in gaming are getting.

bread's done
Back