Way of the Samurai 3 Xbox 360 $20.73 -Amazon

I can understand the hate, but this is one of those games I love that everyone else hates... except for my friend Dan. Just picked it up at that price today for his birthday in a couple weeks.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Yeah definately only worth in the 2.50-5.00 price range , Sorry[/QUOTE]

Really? wow, i thought this game was alright. To each their own, I guess.

I'd get this at $15.

I remember enjoying Way of the Samurai (1 or 2, I forget) on PS3 years ago when I rented it. At the time, the gameplay was thoroughly enjoyable and intriguing-- I don't know how it transitioned to the PS3, though.

I'm very interested in this game, have been since release but I'll hold out for a lower price, too many games in my backlog anyway. Thanks OP.

The WotS gameplay made the transition to 360/PS3 wonderfully. It is a dang fine game, but a NICHE title most definitely.

If you like WotS or think you'd like the game given what you've read, buy with confidence. I bought at $60 and do not regret it... okay, maybe a LITTLE.

Also, if you have a choice, go PS3. MS is charging for the DLC and uploaded the wrong fucking DLC to boot.

Eh, decent game, if you're a fan of the series you'll know what to expect and will probably like it. If you have never played before, I would suggest a rental or something. After just having finish Assassin's Creed 2, I can only imagine how much better WotS3 could've been.

Thanks OP. Bought this at launch for $40 since I thought this was going to be one of those rare to hunt down titles.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Keeps dropping... Come on $20![/QUOTE]

I hope it does drop to $20. I will only be buying it then, provided it's on PS3!

i have never played the first two and really enjoy this one so far...this is one of those games that doesn't get good till after you have put many hours of playtime into it.

[quote name='Thongsy']Eh, decent game, if you're a fan of the series you'll know what to expect and will probably like it. If you have never played before, I would suggest a rental or something. After just having finish Assassin's Creed 2, I can only imagine how much better WotS3 could've been.[/QUOTE]

I disagree respectfully. Expand the scope of the game to fit over something like Assassin's Creed 2 and the WotS story aspects would likely fall apart. Ambition in that regard never tends to result in the game we want.

Ass Creed sucks. Relatively big world yet completely empty, repetitive, and lifeless.

Way of the Samurai is great fun. I loved the first 2. I beat them so many times. I'll wait for a better deal though. No rush.

just dropped again to $25.70. i was trying to hold out for longer, but in the end i caved and ordered it. it's practically a game in and of itself to buy or risk it and wait for it to go lower/jump back to full price.

for those without prime, it's right over the $25 to qualify for free shipping.

[quote name='mordecaix7']I can understand the hate, but this is one of those games I love that everyone else hates... except for my friend Dan. Just picked it up at that price today for his birthday in a couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but you have to keep in mind the other stuff Dan likes... at the very least THAT makes this questionable.

(who's Dan?)

Well I bit. I never got the first two and I heard this was pretty much the same and just as fun. Saw Giantbomb's preview and thought it was worth it. I would have rather waited for $10 but didn't want to gamble on waiting it go that low. I was holding out on $10 Raiden IV but Newegg sold out at $20... so.

Down to $20.73... still not below $20 so I won't bite. From the looks of it this game is going to just continue steadily dropping. I might even hold out for $15

I got around to playing it and enjoyed the fact I could go around killing pretty much whoever I wanted: of course you'll get little to no Samuari points for that.

The dialogue is amusing to say the least, and the combat is ok. Pretty fun game for $20 or less if you can stomach It's one major flaw: Graphics.

If you think Dynasty Warriors looks bad on next gen systems, wait till you pop this sucker in. Looks like a straight PS2 port.

I'd say It's enjoyable as the other Way of the Samuari's - So unless you liked those chances are you won't like this one. I wouldn't pay more then $20, hell I'd see if it goes even cheaper at this point since It's dropping every week or so.

I grabbed this off amazon for $23 shipped about 1-2 weeks ago. They must of raised the price on it again.

The graphics are not top notch but the gameplay i thought rocked. I was a decent fan of the old ones and enjoyed this game alot. I rented it before i bought it and the $23 shipped tag was a good deal.

The gameplay is the most important thing to me these days. I think it is well worth the cash for $20-$30 shipped. I know most people that knock this game complain about the graphics and never even played it. I put about 40 hours into the game and if you digged the older ones you will with this to. This game is far from perfect but i am happy with what they did. The sales on this game is really bad so i do not expect a 4th anytime soon or ever cause of the sales.

I give it a overall 7.5 there is so much to do to make swords and master everything. The story is fun and there are so many different endings which will keep you going for more and more. The graphics are ok nothing more but the story and gameplay and depth of sword creating was a blast.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']If you think Dynasty Warriors looks bad on next gen systems, wait till you pop this sucker in. Looks like a straight PS2 port.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I'd say for what it does, it still looks better than the best looking PS2 game.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Well if you look a bit further down theres already a long discussion about it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247135

The OP just never updated the price tag.

Bottom line is good game if you enjoyed the other WOS, if not it won't change your mind. It's also PS2 level graphics will throw off a lot of people.[/QUOTE]

Huh...guess the search tool was not working for me. I found nothing on this thread...

I like how you can farm for different weapons in the game. You can also merge weapons and even add more stats to them. Then you got what 50 some different endings? I think that was about how many there are including the secret ones? The fighting gameplay you got to get used to and once you do it just rocks cutting people up.

You are allowed to kill even the dojo people for secret thing. If you blunt attack someone and defeat them you are able to use there skin models to play as your char. It is like collecting pokemon cards you can not stop! :) No i never did collect pokemon cards i loved the sports cards.

The graphics look a bit better then the ps2. We all loved a non steller graphics game on current gen systems hell i even dig playing the old school arcade games on live so graphics are not the most important thing for me.

I do want to mention i did feel blah with this game like most did when i first started to play cause the reviews gave this game such a bad rep. I had to get used to the gameplay and what not but once i did i really changed my mind and enjoyed it.

You can also have people join you and get them to love you enough they will stay at your place. There is just alot of depth to the game once you played it enough to give it a shot.

I love WotS, and was very excited for 3, but anyone who bought it for $60 has something wrong with them.

[quote name='9Tale']I love WotS, and was very excited for 3, but anyone who bought it for $60 has something wrong with them.[/QUOTE]

Especially since that's $10 over the original retail price!

[quote name='Tancred']Ass Creed sucks. Relatively big world yet completely empty, repetitive, and lifeless.

Way of the Samurai is great fun. I loved the first 2. I beat them so many times. I'll wait for a better deal though. No rush.[/QUOTE]

Have you played Ass Creed II :booty:?

No way assasin creeds rules! Its so good, the hidden meaning behind it is astounding!
1.gif

Is this as good as the first one? First one was pretty awesome.

Wonder why the Playstation version of this costs 2.5x the price?

I'm a bit of a graphics whore so unfortunately the visuals do not appeal to me but the gameplay seems good enough to warrant some interest. Maybe for $9.99.

bread's done
Back