We found a worse OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughh they're making a movie adaptation of American Gods? Its literally the worst book I've ever read. And only one of two I quit last year before I was finished reading.

(The other one was Galileo's Daughter and I only quit that one because I thought it was going to be fiction but it turned out to be really dry non-fiction about all the correspondence Galileo sent to various people he knew.)

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Kilzone 3 Multiplayer is okay but the leveling is too fast. I've played for 2 days and I'm already level 23 out of 45. If I worked it I could be max level my the weekend.[/QUOTE]
Pro tip: Great games don't need leveling as the gameplay component. Killzone franchise is not one of them.

I need to vent. Please indulge me.

This past week, I've already had a PC and a PS3 go on the fritz due to a power surge. I've replaced those, and all's well. But this morning, I noticed my router had a firmware update. So I clicked the button to install it.

It hung, and bricked the router irretrievably.

I called Netgear. I was told:

1. The warranty had expired (despite the fact that it was their software update that bricked it)
2. It was my fault, because I installed the firmware update wrong (how do you click a button wrong?)
3. I was the only person in the whole world who had this problem (despite Amazon evidence that it wasn't true).

So I said f it, and bought a new router. And since I'm a sucker for punishment, guess what brand I bought...you got it, Netgear.

Looking at pictures and footage from yesterday I can't believe I was stuck in that mob, for the Kentucky celebration, and nobody climbed on my car or anything. Having a car some black people (and others) really liked came in so handy.

MK9 is gonna be great. I wonder if those slots with both Cyber Sub Zero pics is going to be where you choose all the DLC/kratos/boss chars/unlockables. I hate crowded char select screens. :\

Maybe Kratos is a Quan-Chi alt. derp

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there footage for that game yet?

oh wait i've seen this before.

well i got my tax return. 400 bucks. :/ better than nothing.
i had an interview at wingstop and they said i pretty much had the job, but that was wednesday of last week and i still haven't gotten a call. going to go get a trim and try and look for a job.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Work is freaking slow today...which is good but then again, it just makes me want to go home so much more.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes the hardest part of work (for me) is staying there the full 8 hours. We're almost always overstaffed and have a very generous 'flexing' policy. I can either leave early and get paid from my vacation bank, or leave early and not get paid.

There's certain people who will ask if can be first to leave early less than an hour into their shift.

[quote name='eldergamer']Sometimes the hardest part of work (for me) is staying there the full 8 hours. We're almost always overstaffed and have a very generous 'flexing' policy. I can either leave early and get paid from my vacation bank, or leave early and not get paid.

There's certain people who will ask if can be first to leave early less than an hour into their shift.[/QUOTE]

Dang. That's pretty cool that its pretty open though, but I bet you're tempted more than not to do so.

[quote name='crunchewy']I have been invited to meet with an "AT&T empowerment expert". Should I go?[/QUOTE]

Only if he's black. Otherwise it's just the man trying to trick you back on the farm.

Black power!

[quote name='Eviltude']My younger sister has hit the same spot in the garage door twice since she got her license a month and a half ago.[/QUOTE]Man, I hate bad drivers. The dudes that piss me off the most, are the dudes that don't even bother lookin' in their mirror when switching lanes, then look at you like you creeped up on 'em and fucked it up. I also hate people who think they don't have to look right if they're turning right. I've almost been smashed into the ground by morons like that while riding my bike, but luckily I pay attention to everything around me.

Those Mexicans that come spend money on the weekends are pretty bad drivers, too. Stop signs? Nah, no stop there. Red lights? Nah, I have 3-4 seconds to pass through 'em. Bike lanes? Drive on 'em and honk at bikers. Middle turning lane? Nah, that's for passing. Dude's stop in the middle of busy roads just to look to see if they're in front of the right stores sometimes. So stupid. :\

I almost got PIT maneuvered the other day by not looking in my blind spot. I gave the dude a little wave like when someone lets you merge as if to say, "Yo, my bad." When the next light turned green he flew up beside me and flipped me off. I gave him a thumbs up and winked at him right before he peeled off around the corner.

PlayStation is giving out free t-shirts to all the people in the rewards beta that at least made it to the first tier. I'm really glad I gave my time.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You had to be invited to the beta. Should be going live soon now that it's almost over.[/QUOTE]

The email they sent out said they had planned to roll it out at the beginning of April but because the feedback was less than stellar they were going to delay it and tweak it some.

Going to pick up my graduation tickets in a few, followed by my final recommendation letter for this internship. Hopefully I don't get mugged and this will turn out to be an ok day.

Cyber Sub-Zero?

cybersub.gif

0.jpg

hurrrrrr2zz.gif

I just landed a 60 dollar and hour gig, every Friday and Saturday. They are paying me double the normal rate because the last 10 or so production guys they had were horrid with subpar skills and shitty attitudes.

I love the fact that I am winning a lot of bid by default because I actually....you know...know what I say I do and I work hard. Its amazing how many far you can go based on personality and not being a whiny bitch.

I bought that glee album. On my iPhone I find that I can't seem to do anything with the files on there other then rename them and such. Looks like the web player is flash-based. Sucks. I could install Frash (my iPhone is jailbroken), but I really don't want to have to do that. Not like playing that in the browser would be ideal anyway, especially not via a Flash app.

Hopefully they create a player app for iOS. If not, well, I guess that's 69 cents out the window. Not really though. At least it's an easy way to buy music from amazon and transfer it to my computers, or I can use the 20 GB for backup purposes or something. There's got to be some use for it.

[quote name='Eviltude']PlayStation is giving out free t-shirts to all the people in the rewards beta that at least made it to the first tier. I'm really glad I gave my time.[/QUOTE]

I was almost to Legend status and I never actually tried to complete any of the quests.

Took my lunch break to go pick up my contacts lenses. I stopped by the record store since it was just around the corner and picked up the new Radiohead album on vinyl and also found a copy of Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble's Texas Flood.

It was really awesome that I got a very nice art print with the Radiohead album. I will take a picture when I get home. I wish I could have gotten one of those special newspapers though.

Man, they have a few disturbing avatart items on xbox.

On one they have "crime scene investigator." Yoy get a camera,, and there are a few items on the ground like a boot, glasses, etc. You put down crime scene markers and take pictured. the things that creepy is ecstatic once he's done.

Another is the lurker avatar from Dead Space. It would be cute, if lurkers weren't made from dead babies!

[quote name='TheRock88']Asian women are the worst. Like my mom, she doesnt believe that blind spots exists. :???:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKcSZfY1sf4[/QUOTE]

The other day at an asian market I witnessed this older lady battle to park her SVU into a parking spot with a shopping cart in the middle of it. There were many other spots available around her, but she was determined to get her vehicle in this one spot. I believe she ended up getting out of the vehicle, noticed she is blocking traffic, and then moved the shopping cart out of the way. I wonder what things I will see this Sunday when I go back. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back