We found a worse OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super productive day. I finally got all my things together to apply for this internship after waiting nearly a month for all of my recommendations to be written. Professors are so fucking arrogant/forgetful.

[quote name='Rocko']I just saw Sucker Punch and I don't get the hate. I mean IMO it didn't quite live up to expectations but it has like a 30 on RT. I don't see where that comes from.[/QUOTE]

I just listened to one of my oldest (and leftist) friends rant about Zach Snyder for a good 15 minutes.

Apparently a lot of the hate directed at him comes from the conservative themes that pop-up in his movies and 300 & Watchmen being listed in the top "25 conservative movies of all time" or something. FWIW, I haven't read article or seen the list, but really, The Watchmen?!? (didn't his film adaptation seem to vilify conservatives as much as it does liberals- maybe I should watch his production again).

Going through my facebook friends who sh!t on it, all we're the more liberal set.

Did any of you see any of that in Sucker Punch?

I'm now fascinated by this, as my more moderate friends seemed to enjoy it- outside of the usual complaints about his repeated use of chiaroscuro and slow-motion as stylistic crutches- which seems to be the case in all his movies.

I wasn't really interested because the trailer was so over-the-top ridiculous, now I'm curious.

[quote name='DT778']Love this weather. Chicks are already busting out their summer clothes.[/QUOTE]

Yup, good times here in SoCal. Not that winter was bad, those skin tight leggings that seemed to be in style looked damn good.

So I finally got internet hooked up at my house, but I seem to have a problem. It keeps going in and out, at least on mac. I'm downloading stuff :cool: and it'll go from 1.1 MB/s to 6 b/s, then cut out. What gives? Sometimes I have to reset the router, other times it'll kick back on. It doesn't make sense. This has never happened before with the sameish setup.

[quote name='munch']So I finally got internet hooked up at my house, but I seem to have a problem. It keeps going in and out, at least on mac. I'm downloading stuff :cool: and it'll go from 1.1 MB/s to 6 b/s, then cut out. What gives? Sometimes I have to reset the router, other times it'll kick back on. It doesn't make sense. This has never happened before with the sameish setup.[/QUOTE]

Sure it's not the wifi card on your mac? My wife's macbook has the flakiest wifi card I've ever seen.

When things get weird, try pinging your router and see what's what.

Got my ipad 2 today

oateg2.jpg

:whee:

Bonus: Olivia Munn is on Conan tonight :drool:

What was the name of the CAG who used to post in the OTT who had a lacrosse avatar and a black/white comic in his sig? J-something? I can't remember.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']mak come on olivia munn is soooooooooo old

flowery, i'll take it if no one else wants it.[/QUOTE]

PM coming your way.

so what's going on flowery? read that u had a job now but will soon be unemployed.
sorry man.
don't worry
'love me love me Say that u love me
- justin bieber'

a song by justin bieber
for u

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']so what's going on flowery? read that u had a job now but will soon be unemployed.
sorry man.
don't worry
'love me love me Say that u love me
- justin bieber'

a song by justin bieber
for u[/QUOTE]

That was a great song from the Cardigans in '96.

Yeah I am a secretary but they are getting ready to hire someone permanently but I am not sure when. One of the three jobs I applied for in California I got rejected for.

Other than that I am amazed I wake up each morning.

[quote name='dothog']Sure it's not the wifi card on your mac? My wife's macbook has the flakiest wifi card I've ever seen.

When things get weird, try pinging your router and see what's what.[/QUOTE]

The weird thing is that it's fine until I start to download stuff.

[quote name='munch']I'd be more concerned about Edward Norton.[/QUOTE]
Strange cast-

-but Bill Murray and several of Anderson's ensemble favorites are attached.

I guess will have to see-

-could be great.

------/-

DSi XL 25th anniversary Mario edition at my Target for $125. At least 20 systems. That is crazy to me, seems so cheap.

Instead I'm paying double to get my 3DS. Lul.

I was drinking because it was Tuesday, but now it's Wednesday so I'm drinking because of that.

Flowery - I'm going to apply for a job in La Jolla thanks to a friend of a friend. No guarantee, but I'll meet you there!

I thought Sucker Punch was pretty awful. Little to no character development and just a boring story. So much going on and so little at the same time.

[quote name='Chika']drinking to celebrate my day off tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Drinking to celebrate... my 3DS tomorrow? Lulz.

I would like to share with the OTT that although I have posted very little since I moved to Gainesville, I have changed so much, it's ridiculous. I lost 45 pounds (although I have gained about 6-10 back in the last 2 months, need to work on that), and completely changed my social habits and really my entire lifestyle. I love it. Its really liberating and I feel like a new person. Since my breakup 2 years ago (of a 3 year relationship, that shit was pretty tough, tbh, although I don't think I ever discussed it here) I really have totally avoided the "romantic" scene, but I had a fling here and there and one turned into a slightly amoral encounter that will end up being my girlfriend very soon, and that makes me happy. Although I may regret posting such personal things later, I will say that college has done many great things for me, and, in all honesty, I love my life now.

Also I highly regret not meeting up with st0neface because he works like *right next* to where I live, and I hope he still posts here so he can see that I would like to meet and hang out with him, but I have just lost touch with CAG recently and that's why such an event has yet to occur yet.

/slightly drunk ramblings :3

[quote name='Trakan']What was the name of the CAG who used to post in the OTT who had a lacrosse avatar and a black/white comic in his sig? J-something? I can't remember.[/QUOTE]I think that would be JJSP

---
Finished the Shadow broker DLC for Mass Effect 2. Good stuff. Now I got to get some points to get the new DLC that came out yesterday.

[quote name='DT778']I think that would be JJSP

---
Finished the Shadow broker DLC for Mass Effect 2. Good stuff. Now I got to get some points to get the new DLC that came out yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Word on the street is that the new ME2 DLC is NOT good; at best, they say it's average. Eurogamer review gave it 5/10.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Word on the street is that the new ME2 DLC is NOT good; at best, they say it's average. Eurogamer review gave it 5/10.[/QUOTE]

Where is my Vader NOOOOOOOO.jpg?!?!

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Gonna play some more Costume Quest. If I knew it was this good, I woulda bought it full price.[/QUOTE]

Dude, when it came out a lot of people were gushing about it (myself included)... however, it's pretty much one and done, so it faded into the background a bit these days. The DLC may have helped some, but my gameshare group wasn't into CQ enough to get in on that... in fact, I think 2-3 still owe for the last refill, now that I think about it, but the group seems to have pretty much dissolved at this point. :|

I'm playing BFBC2 now, finally. Just single player so far. I'm liking it. I'm still too scared to go online. Might never. Might buy Vietnam on sale and then never go online anyway. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back