We need a List of Sub-$5.00 games at Toy's R Us We can get for Free

explorer1990

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This way we know what games we can get for free before Friday.

I'll Start:

Xenosaga PS2 $5.00
Tenchu XBOX $4.98

I don't know how to update threads so just continue posting.

Only one day left for the $10 off Coupon.

Putting such a list together would be difficult because the discounted pricing varies by store. Tenchu Xbox near me is still $8-9 before discount and $3-4 afterward, still a good price but certainly not free.

I got:
Resident Evil Code Veronica X (PS2) Free
Mad Maestro (PS2) Free
Chaos Legion (PS2) 0.99
Virtua Fighter Evolution (PS2) 0.99

All prices are after the coupon

Don't even bother:
The prices vary too widely
The stock is greatly depleted
The coupon expires today (oops . . . tomorrow)

More a more positive note, anyone want to trade?
Haves most were cheap but not all were free:
Xenosaga
Chaos Legion
Devil May Cry
Mafia (xbox)
Mad Maestro
Robotech Battlecry (ps2 not from TRU)

Wants
Bloodrayne (xbox)
Final R-Type
. . . what else did you get for cheap

That's weird, because both my local TRU have been pretty consistant with the prices I've seen posted. They may vary $3-4, but not $15.

Well, if anyone wants to contibute and take a chance, then please do. There are people who will appreciate the effort.

Better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all.

[quote name='explorer1990']That's weird, because both my local TRU have been pretty consistant with the prices I've seen posted. They may vary $3-4, but not $15.

Well, if anyone wants to contibute and take a chance, then please do. There are people who will appreciate the effort.

Better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all.[/quote]

I'm sorry, honestly I didn't really mean to crap on your thread . . . I tend to be pessimistic :oops:

Free ones:
Unreal Championship
Namco Museum (original pack for Xbox)
Morrowind
Kinetica
Stuntman
Thing (xbox)
Mojo (ha! ha!)
(I only found one of each of these)

[quote name='schultzed']Don't even bother:
The coupon expires today
[/quote]

You scared me there for a moment. As I look at the coupon, it states "valid December 3-31, 2004." The 31st is actually this Friday (tomorrow), so thankfully we all get one more day of bargain hunting.

Not a problem Shultzed. I didn't mean my reply to sound bitter.

Thanks for the contribution. I just figure, this way we can compile a list of possible free titles, pick the ones we want and go into TRU to see if they're even in stock anymore.

I know I've been lucky with cashiers that are willing to price check games for me.

[quote name='TheRaven']Mine still sells Xenosaga for 19.99 :([/quote]

Same here. :(

But super-cheap at mine are/were:

XIII
Arc the Lad
Beyond Good and Evil
Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)
Fatal Frame 2
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy

I haven't been able to shrink the coupon to a normal size to get it to work at TRU but I've bought the following in the last few days:

Mojo (XB, blue holder, green tag) - $3
Timesplitters 2 (XB, green tag) - $6
Unreal II (XB, green tag) - $6
UFC Throwdown (GC, green tag) - $6
E-Jay Clubworld (PS2, green tag) - $3
Resident Evil: Code Veronica (PS2, green tag, older UPC code) - $6
Space Invaders (GBA, green tag) - $12

I also saw the following, but they didn't interest me:

Gladius (GC, green tag) - $10
Virtua Striker 2002 (GC, green tag) - $10
Zapper (GC, green tag) - $10
Pac-Man World (XB, blue holder, green tag) - $3
Stake (XB, green tag) - $6

I'm rounding off on these prices, and no, I don't have any receipt scans.

Anyone have a direct link to that word document w/ all the barcodes for the clearnaced games? I can't find it in the gigantic mess that is the TRU coupon thread.

XIII PS2-4.98- got for free
Hitman 2 ps2- 1.98- free
RE: CV: saw for 6.98
Mafia:saw for 7.49, should be free, but payed full price
fatal frame 2: saw for 14.98, should've gotten for 4.98, but paid 9.60 i believe

most green tags i saw were old sports games...van helsing was yellow tagged at 28.00, could get that for 7.99 from gamefly.
plan to go back tonight

[quote name='rly723']XIII PS2-4.98- got for free
Hitman 2 ps2- 1.98- free

most green tags i saw were old sports games...van helsing was yellow tagged at 28.00, could get that for 7.99 from gamefly.
plan to go back tonight[/quote]

Hitman was 4.98 right? I might actually go back to pick up Hitman 2 and XIII so leave a couple behind. :wink:

Regular Price = After Discount PRice

Arc the lad (PS2) $4.98 = FREE
XIII (PS2) $3.98 = FREE
Beyond Good & Evil (PS2) $5.48 = $0.48
Tenchu: Return of the Darkness $7.48 = $2.48
Rabbit King (PS2) $9.98 = $4.98
Bomberman: Next Generation (GC) $9.98 = $4.98
Chaos Legion (PS2) $4.98 = FREE
Mafia (XBOX) $7.48 = $2.48

Buy 2 games: Astro Boy (PS2) + MGS: Twins Snake for $30 - $10 off = $21.XX after Taxes ;)

Also, Green Tag Sale = 75% off not apply to coupon unless employee to manual Discount ;)

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin'][quote name='explorer1990']Here's the best one I could find. It's in .pdf format and it's on the second page:

http://minger.belike.net/trucoupons.pdf[/quote]

Can you just print that and walk into the store and it will work?[/quote] The barcodes on those coupons are not correct [notice the really wide black lines , they are supposed to multiple lines with spaces between them] . The "CPN SKN#" 's are correct , so if they are manually typed in they should work . Also , print them on shiny paper if possible , like magazine type paper . Good Luck :wink:

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']OP's avatar rocks.

Up the Irons![/quote]

Cool, I didn't even notice it (I don't look at avatars too much). Up the Irons!

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin'][quote name='explorer1990']Here's the best one I could find. It's in .pdf format and it's on the second page:

http://minger.belike.net/trucoupons.pdf[/quote]

Can you just print that and walk into the store and it will work?[/quote]

I've printed this coupon out on a color printer, taken it to several TRUs and never had a problem. It scans into their system fine as printed.

I went to four different Toys R Us on Monday, and the prices for games was different for each one. There really is no way to make this list, to be honest. You can make a list of clearance games, but even that wouldn't be completely right, since there are games listed here that people have gotten on sale that were still full price at the stores I went to. =\

And the coupon thing, I used a crappy black and white copy that didn't print out the Save $10 part at the top, and had no problem getting them to take it, even if a couple of the stores gave me a funny face at first, hehe.

Got hosed today. Four games shouldve been free but when they rang up that way the guy got a manager who said you couldnt combine offers.

I didnt really feel like fighting over 3 bucks for Mojo and Hollywood stunt driver, so I just left.

Some of these games are not excluded at EBGames for trade deals . . .

I used (each a few times on Mon)
Xenosaga
Mafia
Tenchu

I've got $150 in credit after returning the 3 EZ games that I got free (Goldeneye, Urbz, LOTR) with 9 TRU games (and 3 others I had) :twisted:

Yes, a black and white copy works. At least for me it did. Both times.

Tonight I scored 8 games for $12.XX.

Morrowind 2X Free
Tenchu 2X Free
Max Payne 2 XBOX 4.98
Unreal II XBOX 4.98
Rygar PS2 .98
XIII XBOX .98

Thanks to everyone who contributed. One more day left.

Up the Irons!!!!!

Yeah, so, if somebody could just get me as many PS2 games from this deal (no sports games) for $20 shipped, that'd be great.

[quote name='twiztidjester']is using a copy of a coupon illegal?[/quote]

SHHhhhh. If it works, walk away quickly before they notice. If it doesn't, claim you got it "online" and let them assume you mean the TRU website. If these don't work: RUN!!! just kidding. Just play dumb if you get "caught". No harm, no foul.

I just went to my local TRU today, and they didn't have any 5 dollar games. Where are "green tagged" games supposed to be? There was a green shelf with games in it but the games themselves weren't green tagged, I scanned Hitman 2 for xbox which was in it but it scanned up exactly what the tag said, 19.99 :?

[quote name='Masterkyo']Also, Green Tag Sale = 75% off not apply to coupon unless employee to manual Discount ;)[/quote]
That's not what I've run into. Been to 5 stores now and I've watched them/the screen as it was done a few times and they only had to enter the coupon code if it didn't scan.

Same with me - the only manual override that I've seen take place is if the employee/manager decides not to take the coupon after scanning it in...which happened to me earlier in the week. Most employees seem to let it slide though.

grabbed quake III area and tennis 2k2 for dreamcast and they just stayed 70% off. The 10 off 2 didnt apply to those.

I also go some copies of nfl2k3 for the xbox and those were 70 % and the 10 off 2 applied to those bring them from 14.99 green tagged to free.

ackk I wish TRU wasn't so YMMV but heck if it wasnt where would the fun be = P

I went for my final haul tonight. They were as follows:

Xenosaga PS2 (2x Free)
Arc the Lad PS2 $5
Baldurs Gate: DA PS2 .18
Resident Evil CV PS2 .94
Obi Wan XBOX Free
Unreal 2 XBOX $5
Pac Man World XBOX Free

So, overall with this sale I've accumulated 22 Games and 3 Strategy Guides for just a little over $43

I'd go so far as to say deal of the year, just squeaking into 2004.

Some may not agree, but even so. It's gotta be coupon of the year.

Anyway, congrats to everyone on their purchases. And thanks for the posts.

Later.

[quote name='explorer1990']I went for my final haul tonight. They were as follows:

I'd go so far as to say deal of the year, just squeaking into 2004.

Some may not agree, but even so. It's gotta be coupon of the year.

Anyway, congrats to everyone on their purchases. And thanks for the posts.

Later.[/quote]

I agree with you, This is probably the deal of the year if it was used correctly. Not to mention that it combined with the buy 2 $19.99 for $30 to get you $10 games. Throw in the free games and it's by far the best deal. I got 20 games for $35 in the deal. Highlights include:

La Pucelle Tactics for $10
Midway Arcade Treasure 2 $10
Metal Gear Substance $2
Castlevania Lament of Innocence $7
Oddworld (Xbox) $1

+15 games that costs a buck or less or were free.
What a way to ring in the CAG year!

bread's done
Back