What are the rare PSX games?

[quote name='epobirs']Some titles are obscure and rare but won't cost you much if you find them. For five bucks they can be an interesting way to spend a couple hours before turning around and selling them. A better value than going to most movies these days.

One of my favorite weird PS1 games is 'No One Can Beat Mr. Domino.' It would have done much better if it were pitched as a secondary purchase at a low price, like gum near the check out stand. A lot weird little games would prosper if they were marketed properly and for the right price.

For a pretty complete list every North American PS1 title go to www.gamedude.com and from there you can use anyinteresting title name as a search parameter for reviews.[/quote]
Just got this game as per epobirs' recommendation and I must say it's really fun. Thanks e!

Just reading through this thread. Here are my additions:

Persona 2
Hogs of War (Infogrames turn-based tactical game that no one but me seems to own)
Vanguard Bandits
Thousand Arms
Speed Racer
Discworld (long box)
Discworld II

Vib Ribbon is Japan-only, I believe, so it should be punted.

suikoden 2 is rare????? are you serious??? i have a copy haha and man i wish square didnt make my FFT a GH because i was one of the only people that bought it at launch because it was fuckin awesome!

Suikoden 2 is *not* rare. Rare means 'very hard to find.' Suikoden 2 is not very hard to find if you are really looking for it. Rare means you don't see it on the wild or in very many ebay auctions. Within the last couple months there have been dozens upon dozens of auctions for Suikoden 2 on Ebay. A high price does not equate to rare. Final Fantasy 3 for the SNES commands a high price but it is not even close to rare.

If you bought Suikoden 2 as an investment, my advice is you sell it now, because the minute a 'Suikoden Collection' hits stores... and I don't doubt it will... you will see it's price drop.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='wlau'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']Tail Concerto? I love that game so much, so if anybody sees it/has it, please PM me. I'll pay a pretty penny for it.[/quote]

Tail Concerto: $10.99 @ buy.com
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=50008247&loc=108&sp=1

Tail Concerto: $13.59 @ cduniverse
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?style=games&pid=1176597&cart=222694487[/quote]

You are God.[/quote]

Is a pretty penny worth more than a normal penny? Are they rare? ;)
I picked up Tail Concerto a few weeks ago at a local EB.

Re: Roll Away -- there is a complete one on eBay with a $14.99 BIN, plus $3.99 shipping. There are also a few Gamestops around my area (within 200 miles) that have it, but it isn't worth the trip to me.

Well To Me. The Games That I Treasured Most Is:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (PSX) VERY GOOD!
Lunar 2: Enternal Blue (PSX) VERY GOOD!
Klonoa: Door To Phantomile (PSX) JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS GAME
Arc The Lad Collection (PSX)

Rare, it ain't, but I'm looking to sell my copy of Dance Dance Revolution (the first edition). It goes for a reasonable amount on eBay, but I no longer see the version I have, with the Konami Pad in the large box.

Since, when accounting for rarity, alternate editions are taken into consideration, does anybody have a good indication about the rarity of this box set (particularly if the pad is unused)?

myke.

[quote name='JAMMR']I am starting to bolster my PSX collection and was wondering what the rare ones to look out for are. I take it the reason why they are rare is most likely because of low production numbers, but if there are other reasons I'd be interested in knowing.

Thanks.

EDIT: Let's mak a list!

Rare Titles
Final Fantasy Anthologies
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy Tactics (Non GH)
Intelligent Qube
Xenogears

Some Favorite Weird Titles
No One Can Beat Mr. Domino[/quote]

Are those really rare because a couple stores around me are selling those for like $7 each new.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']Suikoden 2 is *not* rare. Rare means 'very hard to find.' Suikoden 2 is not very hard to find if you are really looking for it. Rare means you don't see it on the wild or in very many ebay auctions. Within the last couple months there have been dozens upon dozens of auctions for Suikoden 2 on Ebay. A high price does not equate to rare. Final Fantasy 3 for the SNES commands a high price but it is not even close to rare.

If you bought Suikoden 2 as an investment, my advice is you sell it now, because the minute a 'Suikoden Collection' hits stores... and I don't doubt it will... you will see it's price drop.[/quote]

My sentiments exactly...rare is such an overused term. Rare means difficult to find, period. It does not mean "difficult to find for a decent price." Now that is rare. However I am not raining on your parade OP, just offering my opinion. These games are however rare in terms of finding them B&M.

Yah I hear you... Since I originally posted this thread, I've learned a lot about the PS1 after market and such. Most of the games mentioned are in 'high demand', but that doesn't necessarily mean rare.

Quick question - what came with Rhapsody? Was it in a collector's box or anything?

My Rhapsody came in the standard PSX 2-disc jewel case. I don't believe a collector's edition box ever came out for it.

[quote name='JAMMR']Yah I hear you... Since I originally posted this thread, I've learned a lot about the PS1 after market and such. Most of the games mentioned are in 'high demand', but that doesn't necessarily mean rare.

Quick question - what came with Rhapsody? Was it in a collector's box or anything?[/quote]

I believe it did come with a music disc though.

How has there been zero posts since 2005?

Oh well, I've got a question for anyone who wants to hop back on here to answer it.

Breath of Fire 3
Suikoden 2
XenoGears

Which is the better game and which is rarest?

And to those saying that certain games aren't rare, have you thought that they are in certain parts of the country? I mean, I can't find any PS games in my city, without breaking an arm and leg looking.

And if I do, they're at a high price....

Oh, the games I wish I'd bought when I was younger!

But you can't blame me

[quote name='OiItsRoy']How has there been zero posts since 2005?

Oh well, I've got a question for anyone who wants to hop back on here to answer it.

Breath of Fire 3
Suikoden 2
XenoGears

And to those saying that certain games aren't rare, have you thought that they are in certain parts of the country? I mean, I can't find any PS games in my city, without breaking an arm and leg looking.

But you can't blame me

[quote name='OiItsRoy']How has there been zero posts since 2005?

Breath of Fire 3
Suikoden 2
XenoGears

But you can't blame me

bread's done
Back