What are your next gen plans? (Can delete vote and vote again if your plans change)

Honestly? I never thought I'd say this, but the only next-gen console I'm really interested in is the Wii U.

I've been doing progressively less gaming over the past few years, and PS3/360 games have been grabbing my interest less and less. Even big games I looked forward to--like Uncharted 3, Mass Effect 3, and Resident Evil 6--I bought, played a couple hours of, and never touched again. Both big sequels to stuff I loved (Bioshock Infinite) and cool new IPs (Last of Us), I just have no urge to get them. Everything just feels so goddamn "same" to me.

In the last year, probably 90 percent of my gaming time has been on the 3DS. Maybe it's because I've never had a Wii and therefore have been neglecting a lot of high-profile Nintendo games, but stuff like Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land have drawn me in like nothing can anymore. Maybe I'm becoming the dreaded "Casual gamer", but all I really want to play these days is a new Mario, a new Smash Bros, Donkey Kong, etc. There's just some great fun and simplicity to it.

Unfortunately, right now, the Wii U is priced waaay too high for me when stacked against what released games I'd like to play. Maybe when more games or released or we get some kind of early price drop, I'll bite. But I have super low interest in the PS4, and as it is, none whatsoever in the Xbone.
I have to agree about the Wii U's price. Right now it's just not priced right and even though the $299 console is just fine, I do think NIntendo needs to drop the price prior to the release of the Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

The $350 price point is just not a good place for the console to be and the Deluxe Console isn't really all that necessary especially when the best thing about it is the charging cradle and you can pick those up from Target right now for $6. (Nintendo Land kind of sucks and it will be able to be picked up really cheaply. The 32GBs is nice, but if you are going to be downloading full games, you will need an external hard-drive which you can pick up for pretty cheap if you shop around.

Right now, Nintendo can get away with the $299/$350 price points since they are the only 8th gen consoles in town, but the sooner they get to the $250 launch price of the Wii the better off they will be.

My backlog is HUGE! and i just subscribed to PS+ so im in wait and see mode and beating all my backlog. Only way id buy a PS4 on release is if SE magically makes KH3 and FF15 release games. There really isn't anything i want thats coming out besides those two games. Maybe MGS V but thats for all systems so eh.

So, before E3, Amazon reported that X1 pre-orders were twice what the PS4's were. And now, "major online retailers" are reporting that the PS4 is being pre-ordered at a 3:2 rate. This is rate of pre-orders... I haven't seen anything on total pre-orders.

I'm actually surprised that people are pre-ordering the X1 at a rate that's only 33% slower than the PS4. Either the general populace is oblivious to the X1's restrictive features or they don't care.

I added a vote for "wait and see", in addition to my earlier "PC" and "portables" (3DS in my case) votes. So far, the PS4 is looking good, and so is the WiiU in some respects. However, like every other CAG, I have a backlog to work through, and on top of that, the two platforms I picked earlier should keep me plenty busy in terms of appealing new releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
3uj8n3.jpg

I'm still sticking with PS4 and 3DS. I'm happy as hell MS dropped the DRM nonsense, but it's still $100 more and has Kinect packed in which will likely mean motion gestures and voice control stuff shoehorned into a lot of games and I hate that stuff.

I may get an Xbone after a price drop or two if the games are there and I'm gaming enough down the road to justify owning multiple consoles. But that's probably unlikely.

Now that Microsoft reversed all those stupid restrictions, I'll get an Xbox One but I'll wait til next xmas. There will be plenty of games still to play on the 360 that I'm fine waiting for a price drop. IMO, Sony doesn't have any advantage besides the base price but I understand why because the kinect comes with the new system.

Ouya! That's my next gen plans... which starts tonight.  I just bought one from Bestbuy, gonna pick it up after work. 

I will always have a PC so that isn't really a question there.

I pretty much sat out this last generation, but like always I got sucked in by the E3 events. I have both on preorder, but I am struggling more and more on wether to keep it since I don't really see any games I have to buy.

For the PS4 it would only be Killzone, but I suck at controllers in FPS due to bad thumbs so I end up not even enjoying the game.

For the Xbox One, it would be Kinect Sports Champions so I can actually use the Kinect since I don't have a choice on buying it. I would also consider DR3, but I didn't enjoy the first two of what little I played at least not for $60. I don't enjoy racing sims so Forza 5 is out even though it is pretty.

Everything else is on the PC at launch that I would be interested in. NSF: Rivals is the only one I would consider buying on console instead.

I thought I'd bump this since we're a few months into next gen, and I just picked up a PS4.  As the title indicates, you can delete and revote if you're plans have changed, as I just did in moving mine from wait and see.

I've got a Wii U (picked up in November), PS4, just got a Vita and have had a 3DS since last spring.  Still have my PS3 as well, as I'm still working on the PS+ backlog and a couple disc games.

That's my next gen plans.  No interest in an Xbox 1, the exclusives just don't appeal to me, and I don't want to financial support Kinect as I loathe motion and voice command stuff.

The PS4 will be my main platform.  The Wii U was an impulse buy I kind of regret, and I'm debating whether to keep or sell it off before the value tanks further.  The Vita I love and will keep around for indies, RPGs and PS4 remote play.  The 3DS has been fantastic, but I've burned through the games I really want to play, and I'm not really interested in any announced games at the moment.  But I want to keep at least one Nintendo platform to add some variety (and not just be only Sony)--just needed to wait for E3 announcements and decide whether it's the Wii U or 3DS that gets the ax.

DMaul did you ever try the demo for Fire Emblem or Bravely Default?
I played through Fire Emblem and enjoyed it. I didn't care for the demo of Bravely Default. I may give it another go eventually, but I have Persona 4 Golden on the shelf and that will be my next RPG.

Still in the PC camp and not seeing any reason to change my mind at this point. I still have a 3ds and vita, but I haven't played them as much lately.

I am going with Wii u and 3DS only as I had planned. The release schedule is fine for me, I have enough games to play.

I decided to sell the Wii U. Put it up on Craigslist yesterday, have gotten two e-mails so far. One lives too far away, and I'm guessing isn't willing to drive up here since he hasn't responded. Other low balled an offer.

In any case, system is formatted and will get sold. Will be patient a while on getting a decent price for it.

Edit: the far away guy decided to make the drive, so that will be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a PS4 at launch (thanks to Amazon credit) and now in the past week have ordered a Titanfall
Bundle arriving Thursday and I got a Wii U for my birthday Sunday from my fiancé. I am set on gaming for a LONG while lol

bread's done
Back