What browser are you using right now?

Lootr2Core

CAGiversary!
I just made the switch to mozilla, cause I was getting fed up with opera's lack of password memory (for newsites)

what are you all using (code for what shoudl I try?)

Mozilla, because I got fed up with IE and the number of times it shut down on me. Thankfully I getting a new laptop soon so I can dump (ie get a new HD) this one as it stands. It's horrible...

Because I dont' know enough about the others to care. never really had a problem w/ internet explorer, so I don't complain. I'm not the most computer savvy guy ever, so I let it go. If someone could explain to me how to transfer all of my favorites to a newer, better browser, I'd appreciate it, and maybe even try it :)

I guess I'm weird, because I use Netscape 7.1 for most browsing and e-mail, and IE for sites that don't work in Netscape.

[quote name='Mustang O-Line 75']Because I dont' know enough about the others to care. never really had a problem w/ internet explorer, so I don't complain. [/quote]

At least no problem that you knew about.

Did you know that 80% of spam is sent by windows machines taken over without their owners' knowledge?

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='Mustang O-Line 75']Because I dont' know enough about the others to care. never really had a problem w/ internet explorer, so I don't complain. [/quote]

At least no problem that you knew about.

Did you know that 80% of spam is sent by windows machines taken over without their owners' knowledge?[/quote]

Yeah, never knew it.

What kind of a statistic is that anyways?
Let's analyze this.
Does that mean that maybe only one hundred people could have been corrupted, but they sent 80% of the mail?
We don't know.
Always take statistics with a grain of salt I say.

But, on the other hand, I don't see a really good reason to stay with IE either. It's not like it looks super nice.

Firefox, I was going to test Firefox for a week and then test Opera, but I liked Firefox so much I never bothered with Opera.

[quote name='Mustang O-Line 75']Because I dont' know enough about the others to care. never really had a problem w/ internet explorer, so I don't complain. I'm not the most computer savvy guy ever, so I let it go. If someone could explain to me how to transfer all of my favorites to a newer, better browser, I'd appreciate it, and maybe even try it :)[/quote]

Firefox 0.9 automatically imports everything from IE, down to history and saved passwords.

[quote name='BlueWingX']I guess I'm weird, because I use Netscape 7.1 for most browsing and e-mail, and IE for sites that don't work in Netscape.[/quote]

I guess were both wierd because i use those same two browers

[quote name='Mustang O-Line 75']Because I dont' know enough about the others to care. never really had a problem w/ internet explorer, so I don't complain. I'm not the most computer savvy guy ever, so I let it go. If someone could explain to me how to transfer all of my favorites to a newer, better browser, I'd appreciate it, and maybe even try it :)[/quote]

I just installed firefox and after intstallation it asks where you would like to transfer favorites from. Its that simple.

Firefox 0.9 for me. I could be happier with it, I suppose, but it would have to do magic or something. Awesome browser.

well .9 is kinda glitchy. it is after all, an "unfinished product", or whatever Mozilla calls it. and if you use Netscape, your basically using Mozilla, because they both are almost the same(except mozilla has WAY more features.)

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']well .9 is kinda glitchy. it is after all, an "unfinished product", or whatever Mozilla calls it. and if you use Netscape, your basically using Mozilla, because they both are almost the same(except mozilla has WAY more features.)[/quote]

What kind of glitches have you found? I haven't run into anything yet and after upgrading from 0.7, which had gotten so unstable on me as to be almost unuseable, it seems like a real breath of fresh air.

Internet Explorer. I know this is a lame first post but I wanted to get my feet wet in CAG. Looks like a good site.

Mozilla-I got fed up with IE and netscape years ago and switched-I've never been without Mozilla since and bitch whenever I'm not using it at a friend's house or whatever. I've convinced multiple persons to make the switch, heh.

edit-I'm using Mozilla 1.7 beta. Never had a problem with it, that I can recall. On this box, anyway.

Ok, Im getting into firefox now, but I have a few questions. How can I make it so new pages open in new tabs without right clicking? And can I add a find on page search function like Opera has?

Normally I use plain old IE. I've had no problems with it and see no reason to stop using it. However, right now (as in, this very moment) I'm using the standard Palm web browser, ver 2.0.1.1. Now who's l33t?

I use firefox .9 and it rocks. Imported everything from IE and I have yet to find a site that it didnt work with. Even Windows Update works. Automatic popup blocking and the download manager rules. Good stuff

[quote name='starman9000']Ok, Im getting into firefox now, but I have a few questions. How can I make it so new pages open in new tabs without right clicking? And can I add a find on page search function like Opera has?[/quote]

To make the tabs do what you want download Tabbrowser Extensions Then, go tools>extensions>tabbrowser extensions's options>advanced use and click on open new tabs for any links (or you can limit it to links which lead to other pages.)

You can use turn on "find as you type" in tools>options>advanced>accessability. It makes it so when if you type something, if there's an instance of it on the page it will go to it and highlight it (I believe.)

[quote name='jmcc']
To make the tabs do what you want download Tabbrowser Extensions Then, go tools>extensions>tabbrowser extensions's options>advanced use and click on open new tabs for any links (or you can limit it to links which lead to other pages.)

You can use turn on "find as you type" in tools>options>advanced>accessability. It makes it so when if you type something, if there's an instance of it on the page it will go to it and highlight it (I believe.)[/quote]

Thank you very much, that was incredibly helpful. I cant quite figure out the "find as you type" function though. Where am I supposed to be doing this typing?

Anyway, thanks again, Im checking out a few other extensions now too.

[quote name='starman9000'][quote name='jmcc']

You can use turn on "find as you type" in tools>options>advanced>accessability. It makes it so when if you type something, if there's an instance of it on the page it will go to it and highlight it (I believe.)[/quote]

Thank you very much, that was incredibly helpful. I cant quite figure out the "find as you type" function though. Where am I supposed to be doing this typing?[/quote]

As long as you don't have a cursor in a text box it will do the find as you type. The problem that I have is there doesn't appear to be a way to make it find all instances of whatever you're searching for on the page, so if it's not the first time the word is used it won't get found and highlighted. It seems an odd oversight, though, so maybe I'm just not familiar with the full usage of the tool, but I'm more of a "ctrl+f" guy for searching pages anyway.

edit: Ah. To find the next usage of the term in find as you type hit ctrl+g or f3. There's a FAQ about it here: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/ui/accessibility/typeaheadfind.html

[quote name='Lootr2Core']I just made the switch to mozilla, cause I was getting fed up with opera's lack of password memory (for newsites)

what are you all using (code for what shoudl I try?)[/quote]

Opera is gay. Glad you stepped into the light that is Mozilla :)

[quote name='starman9000'][quote name='jmcc']

Thank you very much, that was incredibly helpful. I cant quite figure out the "find as you type" function though. Where am I supposed to be doing this typing?

Anyway, thanks again, Im checking out a few other extensions now too.[/quote]

Thanks from me also! I just got back home tonight and now starman is walking me through (or giving me some good extensions) to make firefox hoopla kicking.. Thanks Jmccc!!

I was using opera for 3-4 years now, remember when I first found it and though dang this is so much better than IE, got used to running it, and was amazed at how other browers leaped ahead!

I use Opera 7.5 for pretty much all of my browsing, and occasionally reach for IE or Firefox when a site isn't browsable in Opera (which rarely happens anymore). Between the personalized search-engine launching (I use 'gf dynasty warriors' to quickly search gamefaqs) and the whole fast-forward thing (I never have to look for a 'next' link, I just hit 'c'), it's going to be a while until I can seriously look at another browser.

Just curious though, Lootr2Core... have you tried out the whole 'magic wand' password system? I don't use it personally, but I know people who really like it. *shrug*

bread's done
Back