What kind of HDTV do you have ?

46 Aquos 1080p - gets the job done -- got it relatively cheap when it first came out to the friends/family sale code. Had a Panny 42 EDTV, but that didn't cut it with the PS3.

32" Magnavox 1080p, bought it about a year ago from Target when it went on clearance and only had the display model left. I got 30% off and had $100+ in gift cards from xmas so it was really cheap.

[quote name='DrFoo']Exact same TV here, and yeah it's great. I'm just not looking forward to getting a new bulb... it's a little overdue now.[/quote]

Buy one in advance for a back up...you can find them for under $90 if you do a little looking.

shopping for one now, ran across a 47" Sharp Aquos 1080p, Not sure If I am going to get it from a store, or online though, I kind of want the stores protection policy. Anyone else think the in store protection plan is worth it?

61" Samsung 61A750 1080P LED DLP
42" Westinghouse TX-42F430S 1080P LCD
32" Westinghouse LTV-32w6 HD 720P LCD
24" Westinghouse L2410NM 1920x1200 LCD Monitor
15" Hanspree Orlando Magic NBA 1024x768 LCD TV

[quote name='JJSP']42" 720p LG LCD.

Keep in mind you can't enjoy a PS3 unless you've got a 1080p TV. So sayeth The Mana Knight, so sayeth The Lord.[/QUOTE]My current HDTV is a 32" Toshiba 720p LCD.

Current HDTV:
picture.php

I plan to get a new TV hopefully soon (I hope to get Toshiba, Sony, or Samsung, but might end up with a mid-range brand). I'm aiming to get 40"+ 1080p HDTV LCD which can do 120Hz maybe. 40"+ TV @ 720p = NO BUY for Mana Knight, even if the price was great (I saw an excellent deal on a Samsung 40" 720p, but won't buy because it isn't 1080p). I just really want a 1080p, so I won't be in a hurry to replace my TV again. I also want a bigger TV so it will be easier to see from a distance.

In another room, we have a Toshiba 46". I dunno if it's 720p or 1080p. Based on the price my Dad got it for, I assume 720p, but I never checked. It has a green stuck pixel, but since it isn't my problem, it hasn't been removed (I'd get it out if it was mine).
[quote name='yukine']Samsung LNT3242h, 32", it's only 720p so I can't enjoy my PS3.[/QUOTE]The comment I made was a huge mis-understanding. I was talking about a 1080i only TV that could not do 720p at all. But that's another story. I only have a 720p TV for my PS3. :whistle2:(
[quote name='MusicNoteLess']
IMG_0195.jpg

Philips 47PFL7422 47" PixelPlus 1080p LCD HDTV[/QUOTE]
What do you think about it? I could have gotten a good deal on its 120Hz model, but passed (same size too).

Last edited by a moderator:
Not mine, but I have access to it (living room tv):

It's a 40" jvc lcd - good stuff

Still need to get one for myself though

[quote name='The Mana Knight']

What do you think about it? I could have gotten a good deal on its 120Hz model, but passed (same size too).[/quote]

Even tho mine is 60Hz, I love it. It's the Asian model apparently. They installed an ATSC tuner tho and it's awesome. I got it pretty cheap on overstock when they had it.

samsung ln-t40fx and i love it, everyone that comes over always has to compliment on the picture.

get a new lcd samsung 5 series or higher and you'll have the best flat panel tv money can buy, besides a pioneer kuro plasma.

uhh in my bedroom I got a 42" westinghouse. it was 999 @ BB like last year around xmas? For a 1080p display and at that size it was a good price. black levels aren't anything to write home about...but it does the job.

downstairs my dad has a 52" sony xbr, its dope for gaming. dont use it that often though.

Westinghouse 32" 720p SK-32H520S - This is in my my room at my mom's and i play my second 360 on it, it's an ok TV but it has serious issues with the IR receiver, its hard for the TV to pick up commands from the remote, my friend has a Westinghouse as well and he has the same problem. 360 through HDMI looks great.

Westinghouse.gif

Sony Bravia 46" 1080P KDL-46WL135 - This is my main TV, one of those Costco exclusives that is a rebadged KDL-46V3100 but its a 120hz TV with motionflow that gives you the soap opera effect. 360 and PS3 look amazing in 1080P.

SonyKdl-46wl135.jpg

Living Room - 50" Samsung DLP 1080p
Bedroom - 32" Samsung CRT 480p

I must say the Samsung DLPs are awesome for the price.

I got the 650 Samsung 42" LCD 1080. Great picture quality with high contrast of colors. It's awesome for gaming and watching anything in HD.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']My current HDTV is a 32" Toshiba 720p LCD.

Current HDTV:
picture.php

I plan to get a new TV hopefully soon (I hope to get Toshiba, Sony, or Samsung, but might end up with a mid-range brand). I'm aiming to get 40"+ 1080p HDTV LCD which can do 120Hz maybe. 40"+ TV @ 720p = NO BUY for Mana Knight, even if the price was great (I saw an excellent deal on a Samsung 40" 720p, but won't buy because it isn't 1080p). I just really want a 1080p, so I won't be in a hurry to replace my TV again. I also want a bigger TV so it will be easier to see from a distance.
[/quote]

Woah that's the exact TV I have! I would love a larger one but I don't have the room right now. It does bother me some I can't fully appreciate my PS3 and Blu-ray but its all right for now.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Woah that's the exact TV I have! I would love a larger one but I don't have the room right now. It does bother me some I can't fully appreciate my PS3 and Blu-ray but its all right for now.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm in the same boat with my PS3. I'm really eyeing an updated version of my TV, that's 42" or 46" 1080p @ 120Hz. I'm still looking around, and if I see the right deal, I may get it.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, I'm in the same boat with my PS3. I'm really eyeing an updated version of my TV, that's 42" or 46" 1080p @ 120Hz. I'm still looking around, and if I see the right deal, I may get it.[/quote]

Right thats the HL167's correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evildeadjedi'] It does bother me some I can't fully appreciate my PS3 and Blu-ray but its all right for now.[/QUOTE]

Most PS3 games are only 720p. :whistle2:|

[quote name='zewone']Most PS3 games are only 720p. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]But blu-ray is 1080p, and games I own such as Wipeout HD, GT HD, SingStar games, Ridge Racer 7, etc. are 1080p. I just want the best out of my PS3. ;)

[quote name='Eviltude']The standard definition kind.

:whistle2:([/quote]

Begone, peasant.

All kidding aside, I'd say it's mandatory once you get an HDTV to KEEP your SDTV. After trying to play Cube, PS2, and old XBox games, they look like shit run over twice on an HDTV. DVDs do as well. I kept my old TV just for previous gen consoles and for DVDs that will never get the HD treatment, like The Wire.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Begone, peasant.

All kidding aside, I'd say it's mandatory once you get an HDTV to KEEP your SDTV. After trying to play Cube, PS2, and old XBox games, they look like shit run over twice on an HDTV. DVDs do as well. I kept my old TV just for previous gen consoles and for DVDs that will never get the HD treatment, like The Wire.[/quote]
I use component cables for the cube.And you turn on progressive scan on games that support it,just by holding down the b button.This is on a gamecube with digital out.

I tried progressive for the old Xbox but it didn't help much. I think it boils down to the game though. Fable looks like garbage because of all the effects (bloom lighting, rendering of distant items in background such as tree branches/leaves), whereas Mercenaries is fairly decent looking.

What I'd like is some sort of way to hook those consoles up to my PC monitor. Some breakout box like those Pinnacle ones but where the video is just passed through and displayed on the monitor with controls for aspect, resolution, etc.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']But blu-ray is 1080p, and games I own such as Wipeout HD, GT HD, SingStar games, Ridge Racer 7, etc. are 1080p. I just want the best out of my PS3. ;)[/quote]

Most Singstar vids are SD

:whistle2:|

52' Sharp Aquos LCD. I got it for 1299 on Cyber Monday and had a nightmare of a time getting it. Kinda light on component Input but has more HDMI ports that I will probably ever need.

couldn't be happier with it.

Samsung LN52A650 52" LCD TV

31OwRgBCKiL._SS400_.jpg

Awesome TV, i love it!! Also i got mine for about 400 bucks (the price of a new replacement plan :) ). As Best buy gave trying to fix my Mitsubishi 52" DLP and me complaining and asking them to replace it!! :p (then i paid about 2800 for it) At the time it was one of the best TV's out four years ago. "Say Yes to replacement plans!!"

bread's done
Back