What number console are you on? 3RLOD

The OP question and poll question are different. Hopefully not too many people put the wrong number for the poll...

4th one, that last one only lasted 6 months. If Microsoft never does a redesign I have to wonder how many working 360's will be left in another 5-10 years. Better hope that next console is backwards compatible

On my fourth, first one froze on every game within minutes of the game launching. Next on was the 3 RRoD. Bought a new elite and sold the old one off, got a 1 red ring (I think E73 error) in less than a year, just got it back at the end of November/beginning of December.

I'm on my first (Elite) and since I got it in July 2007, these threads worry me immensely. My disc drive has gotten a bit finicky but I haven't had anything terrible happen yet.

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who are on multiple consoles, how long is your average gaming session? This is in no way an attempt to blame anyone for their RROD, I just sort of want to gauge the "real" age of my console versus others.

[quote name='SpazX']The OP question and poll question are different. Hopefully not too many people put the wrong number for the poll...[/QUOTE]

I have a 5 week old now ;-), and can't quite keep up with myself anymore. Sorry.

9th or 10th cant remember exactly, im not sure if i should count trading in one because it was out of warranty and like 2 minutes later buying a brand new one, while keeping my harddrive as one or not

I'm on my 3rd console. I put my 2nd 360 in my sons room and bought another 360 at xmas which is starting to freeze on me on a regular basis.

Im on my second now. The one i have now is over a year old now. My first one lasted over a year aswell. So ive been lucky i guess.

5th for me, though a friend loaned me his extra (repaired, straight out of the return package) 360 to borrow during a repair and that broke in 36 hours...so 6

I just requested a coffin for my third.. I bought an elite with the man. date of 4/2/08, and it keeps locking up with white and gray vertical lines (regardless of game). No RRoD though.. I'm guessing the GPU is shitting out. I'm sure a RRoD is just around the corner though, although it's a Falcon. So, it's still under the 1 year warranty, and hopefully they'll fix it.

I had bought an Elite after receiving back my last console hoping to escape the merry go round of refurbs, and it sucks to see this happening STILL. I have this bad feeling that they'll see it work for 30 seconds, and just ship it back to me without repairing it.

I'm on my third but i've never got the RROD; instead the last 2 360's I've had have both had their disk drives fail out and the laser stop reading the discs. I think the last time it happened was sabotage by my ex-roommate but the first time it just up and stopped working.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I'm on my third but i've never got the RROD; instead the last 2 360's I've had have both had their disk drives fail out and the laser stop reading the discs. I think the last time it happened was sabotage by my ex-roommate but the first time it just up and stopped working.[/QUOTE]

Well, I tried playing just Arcade games on it to see if it would work (figured less taxing on the GPU if that's the issue).

So, I did.. and Ikaruga pwned my Xbox.

Just got off the phone with Dell's customer service. I'll officially be on my 3rd 360 in in "7 - 10 business days".

Why Dell you ask?

Simple....

My brand spankin new Elite just crapped out in less than 2 days. And that's not playtime (which is maybe 5 hours), just the amount of time the console has been in my possession.

The ironic news is that it's sitting right beside a launch 360 that still works and performs nearly perfectly (a little bit noisy fan, but still).

Note: This isn't a RRoD, although I don't think it's far from it. Judging by the lock-ups and the graphic glitches that I get in some games, I assuming it's the GPU.

I'm on my fourth myself, but no RRoD issues, though when I went back to gamestop to trade the guy there said he has one guy who has been on 8 different 360's that was traded in on store prp. Not sure of that guys issues, but I'll guess at least 2-3 were RRoD.

4th. First one, the CoD2 bundle one, lasted almost a year. The second died the second time I turned it on the same day I got it back. I was entering my Live info to it after getting it hooked up, it froze, and the next time I turned it on to make sure everything was okay it gave the RRoD. The third died a few months last year sometime (hadn't had been over two at least).

All due to the RRoD.

The thread and poll question are phrased differently.

Thread asks what number console you are on. The poll asks what number RROD/repaired consoles you're on.

Problem is with the poll question there isn't a 0 option for those of us who haven't had an RROD yet *knocks on wood*. I voted 1 based on the thread titles since I'm still on my first console.

Still on my first console, almost had it two years. It's a 2007 model and the owner before me had had it for a good 6 months.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Seventh.

I don't even know why I bother anymore.[/QUOTE]Wow, didn't know you had that many.

I'm on my 3rd technically. My last 360 has lasted me just over 2 years, but then again after it died the last time, I bought a PS3 and started buying most my multi-platform games on PS3 since I just have bad luck with MS hardware (My Xbox died twice and so did my 360). My 360 right now has DVD drive issues where it makes weird noises (like it makes a crank sound, can't put it vertical), sometimes the disc stops, and so on. My 360 warranty is up in a few weeks too (for RRoD).

This thread really should have been titled differently seeing as there are many different forms of the 360's dying. I am not going to search through this thread to see if I posted before, but I am on my 4th system and only 1 had the 3 RRoD. 1st one froze on all games and lasted almost a year, the one they sent back ended up with the RRoD, so I sent that in for repairs and got my Elite which had an E73 or E74 (can't remember which) and lasted about 7-8 months before I had to send it in.

I have three currently... one is a launch console and still works flawlessly. One is a launch elite, and the other is an arcade that is only a month old. None of them have failed.

My first console (Dec '05, close to launch) got the RROD just under a year & was replaced with the EB Games in Dec '06.

That console was working fine until this past weekend when it also RROD'd. I just sent it in Monday, so I'll be on #3 as soon as it comes back.

My third one seems to be working just fine..especially since I download all games onto the hard drive before playing them. And this one has the quietest disk drive too!

[quote name='Skylander7']Well, I tried playing just Arcade games on it to see if it would work (figured less taxing on the GPU if that's the issue).

So, I did.. and Ikaruga pwned my Xbox.

[/quote]

My second 360 did that. It would load up a game play it maybe 5 mins, and then do that. Eventually after 2 weeks of that it finally red ringed.

I chose '2' because the repaired 360 I recieved had a bad DVD drive in it.
So not really 2 RROD's for me.
So in my opinion, dare I say, the poll is kind of rigged.

Well I bought my 360 in July of 2007, and it Red Ringed on Friday February 13th of this year, now I am on my 2nd system.

I was thinking about getting a second console (arcade unit) to keep upstairs in my bedroom but you guys are making me think twice about it. I have an elite which is almost two years old and hasn't had a single problem.

I'm on number 3. The first one would turn on and wouldn't boot to the dashboard, and the second one red-ringed. Glad I bought them at Costco so I don't have to deal with Microsoft. Hopefully my current one will last me a while longer.

I'm on my second 360. First one died a little less than a year after purchase, and I got one back with an older, terribly load DVD drive. Thanks, MS. Despite all of that, I still love the system itself. Too bad they had to skimp out on actually putting the thing together.

Im on #3, but I have only had one RROD, The second one got a fried mobo ( i guess putting a console that has overheating issues in a closed entertainment center isnt "cool") so I waited until Jaspers came out last fall to grab another one. So one my third that is a Jasper so hopefully Im good to go....for a while

I'm on my third 360. My other two both died due to RROD. The first one lasted 10 months, the second one lasted 18 months. My current unit is now 2 months old. Hopefully it will last until the end of this generation!

I'm on my second, first died just a few months before the 3 year warranty period was up!

Shouldn't the poll have a "0" option as well (for people who haven't had an RROD yet)? Or is "1" supposed to mean "I'm on my first 360" rather than "I've had one 360 die on me"?

The poll reads as if the OP wants to know how many systems we have had crap out on us, but the title of the thread was "What number console are you on?" So, I would assume the "1" option is for those who haven't had their system crap out on them, yet.

360 are built to fail, so it seems.
I'm on my 5th system that has failed.
2 pro's
1 core
1 elite
1 arcade
but my ds works great !

bread's done
Back