What PSP you have???(and color)

Silver 2000 (Was the Daxter Bundle)
Black PSP Go (Got it used for a steal)

Still want that damned Star Ocean: First Departure Limited Edition PSP! >_

I got the OG black Model 1001 bought it a few days after launch.

Still works great and in mint condition.
Just played a couple of quick races in GT during my lunch break.

i only have a launch day 1 psp - black.

is it worth upgrading to the 3000?

the go is right out for me, not interested at all.

PSP Cags I want a psp, too bad I'm poor to afford one. I would consider trading some video games or what not for one if any of you have spares. Sorry if I'm breaking a CAG rule but I thought I might be able to trade with someone on here for a psp. Thanks

PSP 3000- MGS Emerald Green
PSPGO White- Absolutely freaking love this thing, seriously the best handheld I've owned so far.

This thread is worthless without pics!

ok, just wanna show off my psps a little :)

Here are my special/limited edition psps

20110119_16.jpg

Silver 2000. I eventually had to buy one of those clip on holders, because the PSP is an ergonomic nightmare and my hands were going numb from death-gripping the stupid thing at awkward angles.

Ooooohhhh, NICE! :applause:
Someone clearly likes to collect limited edition hardware :lol:

Do you use any of those for playing games or did you buy a piano black for actual use?

[quote name='wasabi5858']This thread is worthless without pics!

20110119_16.jpg
[/QUOTE]

still have my spider-man launch psp and the red God of War bundle ( had the cermaic white star wars but traded it in)

[quote name='bmachine']Black PSP-1000. Got it on launch day and it still works flawlessly.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Although I exchanged mine on launch day because the first one had 3 dead pixels.

20110119_16.jpg
[/QUOTE]

hot damn!
looks like you got a bunch of other shit back there, too. I want that monster hunter psp. The metal gear camo PSP would be a nice addition to your collection.

Hey, cool thread!

I've had:
Black 1000-I actually think this thing is sexy, and felt good in the hand, despite the sort of negative things about calling it "phat" or whatever.

Silver 2000-Daxter bundle. Hated Daxter, and it turns out I hated the silver color-looked cheesy and cheap. The color was the main reason I bought this! In restrospect I would have just kept my black model (sort of wish I still had it!). The d-pad on this was much better than the original though (which until this model I thought was the best ever on a portable). This and the 3000 have 'big' console quality controls, save for the stick (which isn't THAT bad and gets the job done).

White 3000-Traded in my 2000 for a white 3000 as I always wanted a white PSP, and hated silver.

Black 3000-since the 3000 is probably the final model PSP, I decided to buy a spare, so now I've got a black and a white one.

Regarding the screens...in 2004/05, the PSP's screen was just astonishing. As much so as the hardware was. It's still fine, but it's actually not as bright as the DS XL's are, and I'd love a higher quality screen. You can get better TN screens than the PSP uses now, and of course IPS is better still. I'd love one final PSP model that has a 4.3 or 5" IPS screen, and maybe a folding design (put the freaking power connection on the top of the unit so it doesn't get in the way while I'm playing!).

Anyway of course they changed the screen between the 2000 and 3000, but the 3000's is....different, not necessarily better or worse. I tend to leave it on "wide" or whatever the mode is, but it...I don't know what it is you see on that-it's almost like scan lines or something, except that doesn't make sense. I don't know what they're using, but I know even with TN screens you can do much better now. (though again, it's not unusable and I quickly get absorbed by the game regardless)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']silver 3000, freezes more often lately.[/QUOTE]

What kind of issue does it have? I can't remember if I've ever had a PSP game crash on me. Maybe, but so infrequently that I can't remember it.

[quote name='Setzer']Same here. Although I exchanged mine on launch day because the first one had 3 dead pixels.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I guess because that size and quality of screen was SUPER unusual back in 2004/05, they couldn't afford to reject screens with a few dead pixels. I think my replacement had dead pixels too, but I just kept it (wasn't that bad).

DANG was the PSP awesome. I remember a thing set up at Best Buy with a bunch of people waiting in line to try it out, and our mouths just kind of hanging open as we played PS2 quality games on a portable...just crazy.

I'm not at all surprised that the NGP uses off the shelf hardware...at least it uses a LOT of it, like they're using more and better than any shipping product is right now, and at least 2x what anyone has even given an indication of shipping. But still, the PSP's custom hardware let it be maybe 5 years ahead of the curve. Launching a portable that's more powerful than your home console (slightly) just 4.5 years later is crazy, when just four years earlier the most powerful portable had been a Gameboy color with:
-3Mhz 8-bit CPU
-64KB RAM
-2ish" screen?
-NES level controls

And we go from that in early 2001 to this in early 2005:
-333MHz Dual Core MIPS R4000 with PS2 like math unit for T&L basically
-'big' console quality GPU
-38MB total RAM
-1.9GB UMD game discs
-4.3" Active matrix screen
-Same number of controls as a Dreamcast (actually an extra button!)

CRAZY.

[/QUOTE]

Dang, how does the MonHun ltd ed PSP feels with those extra pads?

Did you get the Red/black and Blue/white -3000 models as well?

purchased a used phatty during winter break. after scraping unknown residue between the crevices, changing the beat up faceplate and cleaning it with a bottle of rubbing alchohol, I think it's safe to touch.

2m7zotd.jpg

Why...it is brown? :hot::cold:

This PSP scares me. Hence why I haven't allowed anyone else to touch my portables in YEARS :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']Why...it is brown? :hot::cold:

This PSP scares me. Hence why I haven't allowed anyone else to touch my portables in YEARS :lol:[/QUOTE]
are you talking to me? it's a red faceplate. :D

Had a OG fat 1001 from launch day.

Now own:
Big Boss Pack Camo 3000
Black PSPGo

I wouldn't mind adding a red/black GoW 3000 to my set either.

Had the original PSP Media set soon after launch. That lasted me until my recent upgrade to the black PSP 3000 since I couldn't find the red God of War PSP. The PSP 3000 is so much lighter! Persona 3 Portable looks so damn good on the brighter screen. My copy of Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep came with some skins for the black, white, and silver PSP. I haven't used them.

I finally picked up a PSP. Went with a Go. Just got it yesterday, and can't put the fucker down. Even though the PSP 1001 - 3001 have UMDs which are alot cheaper than digital downloads, I plan on picking up a NGP or PSP2 when it comes out and don't know if it'll end up supporting UMDs.

Plus, I got a ton of PowerUpRewards points for picking it up at Gamestop. $109 isn't too bad for a PSPgo Recharged.

I have a black psp 3000, which gets much love on my workbreaks.

My only complaint about the system is the color--the shiny piano black is a fingerprint magnet. Gross. I was constantly wiping it off.

I solved this problem by ordering a Decalgirl skin (this one http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/16925 ) . I took a chance when I ordered from them, and spent a few extra bucks to have them make my decal skin matte. I've been very impressed so far--the skin is durable, matte so it doesn't show fingerprints, and the texture of the skin no longer makes the surface of my PSP feel slick. And the decal comes with a matching, downloadable wallpaper for you PSP.

Hadn't thought of black being worse for fingerprints. I got a white 3000 because I'd always wanted white, but I didn't realize a side benefit is it doesn't show fingerprints!

I do like the flipping Nintendo design though because it's harder to accidently get your fingers on the screen, which has always happened to me on the PSP.

The NGP will be the same I'd guess...although in this case youy're actually supposed to be able to touch it...I guess as long as it's covered by the same type of glass the iPod uses it'll be okay. That stuff doesn't scratch, even wiping it with paper towels all the time. I bet the normal plastic covering would scratch up the first time you did that though.

I just bought mine the other day. I'm late to the party. I bought a new piano black 3000 core system. I immediately put it in a psp skin grip case that I got from Gamestop. http://www.gamestop.com/psp/accessories/psp-skin-grip/37487 My case is black though.

This cuts down on the fingerprints and helps protect it some. The case has some grips on the back that make it more comfortable to hold as well. I just need to put a screen protector on it before it gets too late.

[quote name='Lokki']I just bought mine the other day. I'm late to the party. I bought a new piano black 3000 core system. I immediately put it in a psp skin grip case that I got from Gamestop. http://www.gamestop.com/psp/accessories/psp-skin-grip/37487 My case is black though.

This cuts down on the fingerprints and helps protect it some. The case has some grips on the back that make it more comfortable to hold as well. I just need to put a screen protector on it before it gets too late.[/QUOTE]

I have had my psp 1000 in a rubber Pelican case with a screen protector since a few days after I got it back in 05. Definitely, recommend both since the piano black is a finger and scratch magnet.

Silver 2000 the daxter bundle. if id have waited id have gotten one of the God of War budles i really like the red psp. i think i bought my psp back in 08 and i really love it and use it more than my DS

Launch Black 1000.

Still kicking... D pad is kinda busted (right is iffy)... the screen is peeling off on one corner... it looks like heck and the charging cable has to be "just so" to charge.

I use it mostly these days as an internet radio at my desk.

I'd buy a replacement, but I'm gonna wait until the NGP.

White PSP 2001 Vader model :D

Paid $20 for it and all I needed to do was spend around $30 to replace the UMD drive. So for $50 total I have a PSP slim. Not too bad. I paid $50 for my PS3 fat as well like 2 years ago. Come to think of it, I havent paid over $100 for a console in some time (I only paid $70 for my xbox 360). :)

[quote name='Spacepest']My only complaint about the system is the color--the shiny piano black is a fingerprint magnet. Gross. I was constantly wiping it off. [/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure if it's really the system or if it's people's sweaty-ass fingers causing prints. I have the piano black Go, and even after an hour or two of playing the handheld, it's relatively fingerprint free.

After picking up my first psp last week (new 3000 core), I picked up a 2nd one yesterday that I found on Craigslist. I got another Piano black 3000 for $15. The screen wasn't working, but the audio does. I checked the ribbon cable and it was in right. I ordered a new screen for it last night for $25. So I should have a 2nd one for $40 that I will give to my son so he will quit trying to take mine. :)

Black psp 3000. Zagg Full body invisiShield, still causes finger prints to show though.... or its just my hands getting clammy from gaming...

would be cool if people post pics. would love to see those limited edition psp's.

I bought a black 1000 at launch and sold that a few years back. Last summer I picked up a black 3000 to play birth by sleep and promptly sold it for a profit. I now have a white psp GO. This will be my last device until the NGP, and I actually plan on playing it.

I had a black 1000 until a month and a half ago. I barely ever used it, since it had the screen refresh issues - any high-contrast objects blurred to hell, looked like brown smoke clouds following any quick-moving dark objects. I sold it for 70 bucks on Amazon and snagged a Hannah Montana PSP 3000 with 2 gig memory stick on Warehouse Deeals for $102.

image.jpg.scaled1000.jpg

bread's done
Back