What Vita are you buying and what are you buying with it?

Krathicus

CAGiversary!
Just curious what everyone is looking to buy with their Vita's and what Kind of Vita are you looking to get?

For me:

First Edition Bundle preordered:
Vita with 3g/Wifi
Little Deviants
4 Gb memory
Case

Uncharted
Escape Plan
Screen protector

And when I get around to it I want to pick up: Bigger memory card, Gravity Rush, Shinobido, Katamari, Resistance, and Unit 13.

Lot to look forward to :)

I will probably get one... ugh. wifi only + Hot Shots Golf + a 4GB or 8GB card.

Why would anyone buy 3G over wifi and pay a ~$15 monthly fee to connect? The only time during my day I am not connected to wifi is during my commute to and from work but unless you are training it to the city or something I don't see the point (and even then I don't think it is worth it).

Wi-Fi version for sure. I have no real need for the 3G version since I'm not an AT&T customer and most places I'll be at have Wi-Fi anyway. Outside of that it'll be a 16GB or 32GB memory card (or 8GB if the others aren't available), Hot Shots Golf, Uncharted, Lumines and Touch My Katamari.

[quote name='Javery']I will probably get one... ugh. wifi only + Hot Shots Golf + a 4GB or 8GB card.

Why would anyone buy 3G over wifi and pay a ~$15 monthly fee to connect? The only time during my day I am not connected to wifi is during my commute to and from work but unless you are training it to the city or something I don't see the point (and even then I don't think it is worth it).[/QUOTE]

Why the ugh? Should be excited! ;) As for 3G, for me, it will not be something I use on a regular basis. My family likes to go on very long road trips for weeks on end. For someone like myself, who does not have a fancy phone with these kinds of features and is very limited, it would be nice to have. I don't expect it to be a good thing for everyone, and it isn't. But I will use it here and there, just not very often. I like the idea of being able to connect to my friends lists, internet, ps store, and such while not having wifi for a week or two.

[quote name='Krathicus']Why the ugh? Should be excited! ;) [/QUOTE]

I got the original PSP at launch and it became my Hot Shots Golf machine. I paid over $300 to basically play HSG (1 and 2) for at least 300 hours - maybe more. I use it for emulators too so I got a lot out of it but I'm hoping that CFW gets going on the Vita soon enough so I don't have to continue carrying around my PSP everywhere...

I did play other games on the PSP over the life of the system (a lot of very good games) but at this point in the Vita's life cycle it probably makes financial sense to wait but I just can't help myself when there is a new HSG involved so ugh.

[quote name='Javery']I got the original PSP at launch and it became my Hot Shots Golf machine. I paid over $300 to basically play HSG (1 and 2) for at least 300 hours - maybe more. I use it for emulators too so I got a lot out of it but I'm hoping that CFW gets going on the Vita soon enough so I don't have to continue carrying around my PSP everywhere...

I did play other games on the PSP over the life of the system (a lot of very good games) but at this point in the Vita's life cycle it probably makes financial sense to wait but I just can't help myself when there is a new HSG involved so ugh.[/QUOTE]

Haha well at least you got your moneys worth with HSG. I guess I understand the ugh, hopefully more appealing games come your way for the Vita.

Wifi Version
Uncharted
WipeOut
Gravity Rush (If it is indeed a launch title)
8 GB Memory Card
Carrying Case

I have plenty of Best Buy credit, should cover most of it. woo

Still mulling it over but if I get anything it'll be the wi-fi version. If the 3G price had included lifetime service like Kindle (with the same data limits that they're planning on doing now, or even more restrictive) then I'd more than willing to pay for the 3G version. As it is the 3G isn't useful enough to pay the extra $50 and then have to pay the service fee.

The rest?
8GB card
Hot Shots Golf
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (maybe)
Lumines (maybe)
Wipeout (maybe)

Wi-Fi with Escape Plan and 32 GB memory card. Going with the 32 cause i plan on putting movies and music on it pretty regularly. I don't care what anyone says, i'm really excited about my vita... sold my psp go for $120 and my nintendo ds lite for $80 (since i upgraded to 3DS). And have another 50 bucks in amazon gcards to spend on whatever else. Probably end up getting either LBP or ModNation right off the bat. Escape Plan is my only Day 1 purchase besides the system itself.

Over the course of the last few months I've preordered and cancelled all 3 versions at Amazon (WiFi, 3G, 3G Bundle). The bundle is just too pricey (and isn't really discounted much if at all vs. buying the items separately) and my memories of being a launch day 3DS owner are still too fresh.

Only reason for me to buy a launch day Vita would be to lock in the best chances of getting a version that can be modded in the future to play my PSP UMDs, but in that case I'd need the biggest storage card I can afford so I'll probably go with the WiFi model since I can't really see myself playing enough in situations where I won't have WiFi access.

Only reason I can really see to get the 3G model is that they'll probably end up cancelling it within a year based on poor sales so it might be fun to have one for the uniqueness factor. I just can't imagine there are very many people that will want to pay a $50 premium plus a monthly fee that will likely average out to more than $100/year for crippled Internet access from AT&T that is only rarely needed. I think it was an interesting idea to include a 3G version of the Vita as an experiment, but I think that part of the Vita experiment will not be a success. On the positive side, they can just stop selling that model anytime w/o negatively impacting the market...unlike Nintendo's debacle with the 3DS that has 3D that most people don't like too much and certainly didn't want to pay extra for it (forcing Nintendo to drop the price down closer to DSi levels).

So at this point I probably won't be getting a launch day Vita, but I may pick up a WiFi version post-launch if they start coming out with some WiFi bundle deals. When I do get one, I'll probably be picking up at least a 16GB storage card, or possibly the 32GB card since that's something I expect to be useful for several years in all future Vitas (unlike the limited lifetime of those stupid UMDs). I'm definitely interested in the Uncharted and Resistance games for the Vita, so those will probably be my first game purchases.

[quote name='Krathicus']Haha well at least you got your moneys worth with HSG. I guess I understand the ugh, hopefully more appealing games come your way for the Vita.[/QUOTE]

If the nerds end up hacking it for emulator support I'll buy it on day 1. That is also one of my main reasons for wanting a launch model - it will be the one most likely to get hacked.

As for the games, Uncharted and other "console" games don't really appeal to me on the go. I loved the Patapon series, Loco Roco, Half Minute Hero, Crush, Exit, Echochrome, PQ2 and all of the quirky games that the PSP had an abundance of. I mean God of War was good but I can't remember a thing about it other than I played it. Hopefully the Vita will follow suit and not try to be a portable PS3.

First Edition Bundle
Gravity Rush (as soon as available)
Wipeout 2048
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

PS Vita Cradle
PS Vita Car Adaptor
Hori Tough Pouch - Black (PSV-027)
Hori Hard Pouch - Black (PSV-022)
Hori Protection Frame - Clear Black (PSV-042)
ZAGG Fullbody Invisible Shield (as soon as it comes out)

CYBER Gadget PSV Privacy Filter or

Hori Touchscreen Filter Best/Superb/Top quality (PSV-069) (http://translate.googleusercontent....ilter/&usg=ALkJrhhgZ8vhO7SWyCk9wsJZ5IH_39WM5g)

Can't decide but want that Hori one for the screen filter but i can only find one site that ships to us that has it, the rest are japan only stores or ebay ones from Hong Kong.

Just found this article:
http://www.geek.com/articles/games/retailers-cut-ps-vita-3g-price-by-20-percent-in-japan-2012014/

That makes total sense to me and I can imagine most people will trade +$50 for 3G (and monthly fees) for larger storage cards which you'll actually need, especially if you want PSN versions of the games.

All the more reason for me to either buy the WiFi model or wait and buy the 3G model post-launch if I can get it for close to the same price as the WiFi model. Of course, I just preordered the 32GB Vita storage card and I'm not sure if I can let it sit there for very long doing nothing.

DarkonJohn, it seems your not getting one only in the hopes of hacks. No one is forcing you to buy one. Want to hear more here about what people have decided upon buying and what they looked for and compare hopefully in the accessories area.

Wifi version
Uncharted
Wipeout 2048
Hot Shots Golf
32GB card

All of it is pre-ordered on Amazon, but if any more bad news comes out about the Vita, I might cancel.

I'm on the fence since I'm saving up for a car. Well if I were to buy one in February I would go with the base wifi vita and just a 4GB memory Card. I can wait till the games get cheaper I'll be playing psp minis in the mean time but this is just a speculation for me I am getting a PS Vita soon.

On the fence, I have a $105 in best buy rewards and a $50 gift card from christmas but if I do get it Ill probably pick up:

Wifi bundle
Uncharted

later a memory card, probably gonna try to get the 32 gb one as its the best deal but will probably wait for a price drop. I have a bunch of games for psp on psn that I want to play again on this and will need the biggest one to hold it all with room for more.

Already pre-ordered the WiFi version and 8gb memory card. Only Uncharted GA is pre-ordered at the moment. I'll be getting Hotshot Golf and Resistance after done with Uncharted GA (100% inside out of course). I'm sure I'll have tons of thing to play after linking the Vita to my PSN account... Hmmm, Journey will be interest...

I have the Vita Wi Fi paid in full. Also getting

Gravity Rush (Assuming it's a launch title at this point)
Hot Shots Golf
Dynasty Warriors
8 GB Memory Card

Might get a few other games if I Can raise the cash.

I'll be getting the WiFi for sure, just don't know when.

Got a pre-order, but pretty sure I'll cancel and wait for the inevitable discount or store credit offer a few months down the road.

Probably go for an 8GB memory card.

Games - to be determined. If I can find them uber-cheap, I may even pick up a game or two before getting the system.

-----

Ayup, definitely waiting. Temporarily bit on the 3G model with extras, but I just can't be persuaded to spend the scratch on it.

I'm also in line to get one of the OpenPandora devices in the coming weeks (manufacturing has finally begun again!), so I'll be in retro-gaming heaven for the foreseeable future.

Once the RPGs start hitting the Vita, though, I don't think I'll be able to stay away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still debating with myself, but currently have the following on preorder with Amazon:
32GB Card
WiFi Vita

Will pick up Uncharted soon if there are any deals on it. Also may cancel the WiFi Vita if I think there will be any post-launch bundles/deals.

While the 32GB card is expensive, the cost per GB is lower than the other cards and after reading that the Vita has to reboot whenever you swap cards, I'm thinking it's better for me to start with the biggest card since I know I'll be filling it up fairly quickly with my current PSN games and new purchases and don't want to deal with the hassle of swapping smaller cards.

I'll try to get:
Vita Wi-fi model
32GB memory stick
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
wipEout 2048
Touch My Katamari
Gravity Rush
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Escape Plan
Persona 4: The Golden

Not all at once though.

May upgrade to 16gb card because picked up few extra hours at work due to people calling off because of snow. Will definitely be getting some kind of case with it.

So far...

Vita, WiFi
32gb memory card

Games I plan on getting off PSN:

Lumines Electric Symphony
Uncharted
Hot Shots Golf
Wipeout
Motorstorm RC

I haven't decide on which case to get. I'll need one right away, but I'm curious to see all the ones that will be available at launch.

I'll get a stand and extra A/C adapter quickly down the road. Since I'm already spending a bunch at launch I'm going to wait since these are excess needs.

wifi
16gb memory card
starter kit
carrying case
uncharted
hot shots golf
blazblue
umvc3
ninja gaiden
with amazon gc's i'll be paying about $45 bucks for all of it

First Edition Bundle (Probably selling off the 4GB mem. card)
32 GB Card
Cradle
Screen Protectors
Uncharted (Locked in at 39.99!)

Games I want but may or may not buy:
Shinobido 2
Lumines
Wipeout
Hot Shots Golf

So Far i have the below pre-ordered. I also still have a First Edition Bundle from Amazon but i still feel than the extra $100 isn't really warranted for a game, case and 4gb stick.

PS Vita - Wi-Fi
8GB Card
Uncharted
LittleBigPlanet
ModNation Racers
Touch My Katamari

Thinking about grabbing Wipeout and Hotshots Golf as well.

What im getting is:

PS Vita 3G/WiFi
16GB Memory Card
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
And more than likely a Snakebite case.

PS vita from Gamestop.co.uk only £244.99 :D

And get Wipeout for free thanks to Vodafone :D

Wife preordered the first edition bundle with the 3G Vita for me. Was considering switching the preorder over to the wifi, but have stalled thinking that some of the unique 3G capable "apps" might come in handy. Seeing that the AT&T data packages are month to month and not contractual makes me want to stay with the 3G model. Who knows... maybe they'll release something really cool that's only accessible via 3G/GPS.

Getting the First Edition Vita, have a bunch of Best Buy rewards saved up.

32 GB memory card
downloads of:
Hot Shots Golf
Wipeout 2048
Escape Plan
Super Stardust Delta
Hori screen protectors from Play Asia (still have the original hori protector on my day 1 psp1001 and it looks good)

Buying the Wifi version
Uncharted GA
8 GB memory card
case
screen protector

I may also buy Hot Shots Golf and Dynasty Warriors off the Playstation Store.

Wi Fi version.
Uncharted.

Rest is up in the air. Depends on size of PSN games.
Maybe starter kit (case, 4GB card, screen protector, headphones, cartridge holder)
Bigger card if downloads are big.
Definitely want resistance and escape plan

bread's done
Back