What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

[quote name='javeryh']I obtained a copy of this CD too for the exact same reason and I came to the exact same conclusion. It's really not that good but I can see how elitists and music snobs would try to convince themselves that it is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's the next coming of jesus to most indie fans (all 3 jillion of you), but I enjoyed the CD once and haven't played it on my MP3 player in months, but the only song I ever keep going back to has to be, "hey Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From The Dead!! Ahhhh!", it's on almost every playlist i make . good song..good song..carry on.

[quote name='javeryh']I obtained a copy of this CD too for the exact same reason and I came to the exact same conclusion. It's really not that good but I can see how elitists and music snobs would try to convince themselves that it is.[/QUOTE]

How many times have you listened to it? I found myself resisting and then all of a sudden I had to hear more, and then I stumbled upon the christmas cd right around the holidays and It's Christmas, Let's Be Glad became a fixation.

To answer the OP, just picked up Oh You're So Silent Jens - Jens Lekman, with the great last call song "Black Cab"

[quote name='crazytalkx']Miles Davis-Bitches Brew[/QUOTE]
[quote name='AshesofWake']Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies[/QUOTE]
[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']dangerdoom - the mouse & the mask[/QUOTE]
All great purchases.

Talib Kweli- Confidential (Mixtape)... it's quite smooth.

In Flames- Come Clarity

I actually like it quite a bit. Didn't think I would...
before that it was God Forbid: IV Constitution of Treason

[quote name='sadunclesnugglez']In Flames- Come Clarity

I actually like it quite a bit. Didn't think I would...
before that it was God Forbid: IV Constitution of Treason[/QUOTE]

That God Forbid CD is amazing, and so is their live show. God Forbid is so bad ass!!!!

p2p news / p2pnet: The Big Four record labels are escalating their attack on Patti Santangelo, the New York mother who's so far the only person to stand up to them.

And they'll be using her children as weapons against her.

On Tuesday judge Mark D. Fox presided over a discovery hearing in Elektra v Santangelo and, "Elektra's attorneys have answered Patti's objections to their discovery questions," her lawyer, Jordan Glass, told p2pnet.

"They've started to push back aggressively. They're going after her children - and this time not directly so they can get around certain protections the children have. They had information about the children that wasn't public, or wasn't supposed to be public, and it's of great concern not only that that they were able to obtain it, but also that they wanted it.

"They're not treating this as a single case or as seeking a verdict for $3,500.00. They're treating this as a symbol for how the other cases will go and I hope everyone who reads this will recognize the serious impact this case could have on their children."

Read more

Thanks, everybody who buys RIAA music, for funding this.

A few days ago:

Bill Hicks - Rant In E-Minor

Gilbert Gottfried - Dirty Jokes

She Wants Revenge

Today:

Atreyu - The Curse LE

Bill Hicks - Relentless

Mitch Hedberg - Mitch All Together

Matisyahu - Live at Stubb's and Youth
Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol.'s 1 and 2
Rage Against the Machine - Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium(can't believe I didn't already own this)
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang(36 Chambers)
Danger Doom - The Mouse and the Mask(about fucking time)

I can't even *read* the title of Bill Hick's "Rant in E Minor" without thinking of his scatalogical bit involving Barbara Bush and Rush Limbaugh.

Hank Williams III: Straight to Hell
Bad Brains S/T and Black Dots.

[quote name='mykevermin']I can't even *read* the title of Bill Hick's "Rant in E Minor" without thinking of his scatalogical bit involving Barbara Bush and Rush Limbaugh.[/QUOTE]The man certainly knew how to paint a vivid picture. :puke: :puke: :puke: :lol:

It's been along time since I bought a CD (ARRRRRRRRR) but I am pretty sure it was Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues: Taj Mahal from yourmusic.com

B0000A0AZ7.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Bought three CDs a little over a week ago. First up, Gettin' In Over My Head by Brian Wilson. I dig it, a really fun album. I don't like how generic and bland the studio musicians are, but I suppose that feeling will be there for as long as Brian continues to work as a solo artist sans the rest of the surviving Beach Boys. That same level of familiarity and character that comes with a Beach Boys recording is completely absent from Brian's solo stuff. I also bought another Brian CD; I Just Wasn't Made For These Times. Some great stripped down versions of some of his best songs from the Beach Boys days and solo stuff. I like it a lot. Finally, I bought Surfin' USA by Aaron Carter. I'm a big AC fan so this was something I had been hunting down for a while, and I was able to snatch it up for only a couple of bucks. I like it, but there's not much to it...it's just an EP with a cover of Surfin' USA and a few remixes from his first album. It's mainly for the purposes of completing an AC collection, for me.

Artic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

Jenny Lewis w/ The Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion ... it was .99

[quote name='senorwoohoo']What do you think?

I like it, just wondering what others think for some reason.[/QUOTE]

I think it is pretty good. The first three songs a fucking amazing. Time of Your Song (#3) is my favorite.

Go buy Hank Williams III's "Straight to Hell." Skip disc 1 (but come back to it later, because it's fantastic hellbilly-style country and western). Put in disc 2, track 2. Smoke a bowl (not that I condone it, nor do I even smoke, but I do believe this entire song was meant to be listened to while high), sit in that chair and let the "song" (if you can call it that) take you places.

[quote name='jPoD']Flipsyde. We the People. Excellent CD. I have Youth coming in from Amazon.com too :)[/QUOTE]I had to buy that for a friend last summer and ship it to him overseas, as he was deployed right after release and it wasn't available in any stores at that time. Now it's everywhere. :lol:

bread's done
Back