What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

In Extremo- Sieben

Alcest- Shelter (If you like Post Rock and don't mind vocals, check out Shelter. It's fantastic).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I found this thread.  Here's what I picked up today

Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention-Weasels Ripped My Flesh = Never really checked out Zappa so I'm tracking down the late 60s early 70s shit, since most rock after 1975 started using cheesy synths and went down the shitter.

John Coltrane-One Down, One Up: Live at the Half Note 2xCD= Trane rules.  Even if you don't like jazz I recommend at least checking out A Love Supreme.  If you can't dig that album you probably won't like any jazz.

Right now I'm drunk listening to Takeshi Teruchi and His Blue Jeans.  Japanese surf rock.  fuck in rules

The last CD I bought was

Nada Surf- Let Go

I rarely listen to these guys throughout the year but I feel bad that they seemed to be relegated to West Coast fame only. Oh well... They seem to get a warm reception in Europe. Maybe I'll see them if I'm still living here by then.

Here's what I picked up this week.

Monday

Battles-Tras

Group Doueh-Treeg Salaam

The Pretty Things-Emotions & Singles A's & B's

Sleep Research Facility-Stealth

Wednesday

Abhoth-The Tide + Demos

Cosmic Psychos-Blokes You Can Trust

Flanagan and Hank Jones, Tommy-Our Delights

Lord Weird Slough Fed-Twilight of the Idols

Mortuary Drape-Tolling 13 Knell

Saint Vitus-C.O.D.

Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork

I was pretty excited when I heard Dave Grohl was returning to play drums for this album. And holy fuck does it not disappoint. I've had the CD playing non-stop in my car for the last couple weeks, and it's just so fucking good. Almost every single song on that album is worth listening to.

Got these in the mail yesterday

Gene Clark/Doug Dillard-The Fantastic Expedition of Dillard & Clark

Groundhogs-Blues Oibtuary

Gun-Gun + Gunsight 2 on 1

King Tubby-Dub From The Roots

Lull-Cold Summer

Lee Scratch Perry-Cloak & Dagger

Unanimated-In the Forest of the Dreaming Dead

I can't remember, but whatever it was from Columbia with their free cd deals they used to have.  And I don't think I ever paid for it.  After mp3s came out I never looked back.

After mp3s came out I never looked back.
I would've liked to have done this, but certain MP3s don't play the same as their CD or LP counterparts. Case in point, I just repurchased Pink Floyd : The Wall (which was also the first CD I ever bought, back in 1984). The MP3 versions don't have the smooth transitions between certain songs that are two separate songs but sound like a single song. I can't stand the small delay.

I can't remember, but whatever it was from Columbia with their free cd deals they used to have. And I don't think I ever paid for it. After mp3s came out I never looked back.
Many of us have done the same and just post about what MP3 albums we buy. I stuck with CDs long after I first got into MP3s, but finally swore off buying them a couple years back and have the 300 some I own just boxed up in a closet now since they're all ripped and I was never listening to the actual CDs anymore.

Was back in the states around New Years so I bought physical copies of music which are overpriced anywhere else on this planet.

Sunny Day Real Estate- LP2

Burial- Burial

Melt-Banana- Fetch

Happy with all of them and was stoked that that I actually ran into the Melt-Banan album

What a nice little thread to come across...your welcome for all the likes Ive been giving while going through this from 5-10 years ago...but yea, I buy CDs all the time..

As far as new releases I just picked up recently:

Decemberists
Lupe Fiasco
Fallout Boy

What a nice little thread to come across...your welcome for all the likes Ive been giving while going through this from 5-10 years ago...but yea, I buy CDs all the time..

As far as new releases I just picked up recently:

Decemberists
Lupe Fiasco
Fallout Boy
Haha, that's what brought me back. You liked a post from 2008 I made.

Forgot about this thread.

I still buy CDs all the time too.

Hmm, last one was this:

Hipsters' Holiday: Vocal Jazz and R&B Classics

I got it mainly for Miles Davis track which is so interesting, but many of the other tracks are very enjoyable.

Haha, that's what brought me back. You liked a post from 2008 I made.

Forgot about this thread.

I still buy CDs all the time too.

Hmm, last one was this:

Hipsters' Holiday: Vocal Jazz and R&B Classics

I got it mainly for Miles Davis track which is so interesting, but many of the other tracks are very enjoyable.
HAHAHA He blew my mind as well. I was confused when I saw the notification and then I saw what he had quoted was from 2007..... Honestly that may have been the last actual CD I ever purchased: White Stripes Icky Thump.

White Stripes R.I.P. :-({|=

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back