What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

I really like it and it's my go to music on longer drives.  I bought the cd on Amazon for $10 (same price as digital), and it came with the free MP3 tracks, so I haven't even opened the cd yet.  

Flea Market Pickups ($2 each)

Black Crowes- Shake Your Money Maker

Black Crowes- Southern Harmony and Musical Companion

Black Crowes- Amorica

Iron Maiden- Peace of Mind

Other pickups

Easy Star All Stars- Dubber Side of The Moon

Comets On Fire- Avatar (1 Cent on Amazon plus shipping)

Went to FYE today. Jesus, I know they are bad but they are killing themselves. I mean $20 for a Rammstein CD (yes $20 for any Rammstein CD they had).

Last edited by a moderator:
R.E.M.- Part Lies Part Heart Part Truth Part Garbage

Daft Punk- Discover
I liked the R.E.M. collection, has all of my favorite songs.
Discover on the other hand, I love it entirely.

Kavinsky - Outrun

Holy shit, this album is literally the best driving music ever. That and the remix from the Dragon Ball Z - Metal Cooler main theme is amazing.

Kavinsky - Outrun

Holy shit, this album is literally the best driving music ever. That and the remix from the Dragon Ball Z - Metal Cooler main theme is amazing.
Overall I like the album but I think it was a bit weak compared to his EPs. I can hear a big difference between those tracks that were included in the middle of the album and the rest of the album. It is fantastic to drive to though.

Overall I like the album but I think it was a bit weak compared to his EPs. I can hear a big difference between those tracks that were included in the middle of the album and the rest of the album. It is fantastic to drive to though.
Yeah, after Suburbia it kinda feels like the pacing is a bit off and doesn't pick up again (at least for me) until First Blood. It's still fantastic, but just something I can't put my finger on when I listen to it.

61OCaTQO9hL._AA160_.jpg

Clark Corea, White, forever.

Tried to D/L it but it had been removed from most places. So I just bought it used. I'll probably rip it, upload it to my Google Music in the cloud and then toss it.

Seems to be getting more difficult to find music to download from blogs or other sites recently. Especially obscure and European jazz.

Mantric Muse- Mantric Muse

Karnivool- Asymmetry

Juno Reactor- The Golden Sun of The Great East

Flea Market Pickups ($7 total for this Vinyl lot, used of course)

Ten Years After- Watt

Steppenwolf- Steppenwolf 7

Elton John- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Yes- The Yes Album

Yes- Fragile

Emerson, Lake & Palmer- Brain Salad Surgery

Cream- Wheels of Fire

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought a couple Creed CDs from BB. Human Clay and Weathered were only 4.99 each. Played the crap out of these albums back in the early 2000s.

Karnivool- Asymmetry

Galactic- Live from Peach Fest 2013

Hiromi- Another Mind (If you like Jazz, check her out)

Blackfield- IV

Diablo III Soundtrack

I also have the new NiN coming on Tuesday.

Anyway I got a question for the Vinyl people here. I am looking to start to get into Vinyl and I found an album I want that is coming out on Vinyl. Is there any easy way to convert Vinyl to digital? (I want Vinyl but I also need a digital copy for my iPod for my car). I have a record player with a preamp that I will be borrowing from my GF that will allow me to plug it into a 3.5 mm jack.

Thanks

Last CD's I bought were

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Vol.4

The Who - Greatest Hits

Mobb Deep - The infamous

The Misfits - Famous Monsters

Last thing I downloaded was

Denzel Curry - N64

Pearl Jam-Lightning Bolt.

Been listening to the iTunes stream for a week and just downloaded my preordered copy from PJ's site. Really solid album. Only nitpick is I wish they had put another new song in there instead of Sleeping by Myself from Vedder's ukelele album. It's a good song, but I already have that album. Looking forward to seeing them live again and hearing some of the new songs on the 30th.

Otherwise I mostly don't buy much since getting spotify I few months back. Imagine Dragons, AWOL Nation and Arctic Monkeys have been on heavy rotation in there lately.

It's been awhile. Latest Pickups

Moe.- No Doy

Moe.- What Happened to the La La's

Floodwood- Floodwood

Dream Theater- Dream Theater

Cake- Comfort Eagle

Fates Warning- Darkness In a Different Light

Ghost B.C.- Infestissumam

Earthless- From The Ages

Monster Magnet- Last Patrol

Red Fang- Whales & Leaches

Pelican - Forever Becoming

Nirvana - In Utero 20th Anniversary Edition

GWAR - Battle Maximus

Metallica - Through the Never Soundtrack

Jane's Addiction - Live in NYC

Been a long while but I had a haul of used discs and orders yesterday:

To Live A Lie:

Abuse. - Abuse. (LP)

Seasick - Eschaton (LP)

NoComply/Suppression (Split 10")

TLAL Vault - (Flash drive loaded with all past, present, and some future releases)

Profound Lore:

SubRosa - More Constant Than The Gods

Cobalt - Eater Of Birds

Cobalt - Gin

Vasaeleth - All Uproarious Darkness

Altar of Plagues - Teethed Glory & Injury

Local Shop:

Embers - Memoria In Aeterna

Velvet Cacoon - Dextronaut / DSE

Mind Eraser - Glacial Reign

Stormcrow / Sanctum split CD

Akitsa - Goetie

Hiretsukan - End States

Thorns vs Emperor split CD

Shikari - 1999-2003

Rorschach - Autopsy

Oroku - Living Through The End Time

Yea, I kind of celebrated getting a new job.

Got NIN: Hesitation Marks (Limited edition) a month ago. Otherwise just this week so far...

A.F.I. - Burials

Dev - The Night The Sun Came Up

Recent Pickups this week...

Haken- The Mountain

Ayreon- The Theory of Everything (it was shipped by CM Distro I think last friday so no clue when it will get here).

If you like Dream Theater, I cannot recommend enough you buy the new Haken album. Haken is the new Dream Theater.

bread's done
Back