What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

Duran Duran- The Essential Collection
Yael Naim- Yael Naim

I don't think I posted this already...

For those who bought The Odd Couple, how'd you guys enjoy it?

Muse - Haarp

[quote name='rodeojones903']Ours - Mercy (Dancing for the Death of an Imaginary Enemy)[/quote]

Do you like it? I saw them open for Manson a few months back and it all seemed kind of...same-y. What's the new CD like?

[quote name='Azumangaman']
For those who bought The Odd Couple, how'd you guys enjoy it?[/quote]

I like it less than St. Elsewhere. There's moments that I'm blown away by...their Portishead song (Who Will Save My Soul?), especially...but I don't find it as compelling and fresh as the first one.

Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk LE CD/DVD with pint glass

Not bad, not as good as some of their other albums but I enjoy it for the most part.

got my Belleruche singles today in the mail
20th Century Boy
Four Songs EP (contains Northern Girls, Bump, Minor Swing and Balance)
The Itch/Thirteen.SixThirty

and then I pre-ordered Belleruche's upcoming Drums At Dusk single and then Gabriella Cilmi's Lessons To be Learned album

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg0Redd5-00[/MEDIA]

http://www.myspace.com/gabriellacilmi

Slint - Spiderland on vinyl
Deerhoof - Friend Opportunity
Galaxie 500 - On Fire
Liars - They Threw Us All in a Trench and Stuck a Monument on Top
Pelican - Pelican

All for $28 and change. Record Store Day was great to me.

[quote name='John Ketch']Ludo -- You're Awful, I Love You[/quote]

There's a tiny little part of me that really likes their "Love Me Dead" single...how's the rest of the CD?

[quote name='bmachine']There's a tiny little part of me that really likes their "Love Me Dead" single...how's the rest of the CD?[/quote]

I'm pretty good friends with those guys, so you have to take my comments with a grain of salt. The first 5 songs are great, it tapers off, Go-Getter Greg is awesome, tapers off, then In Space is a good closer. If you're curious, check out their EP Broken Bride.

Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold and Sad Clown Bad Winter #11
My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything
Feist - The Reminder

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold [/quote]

I was checking that out at work yesterday...might be one of my favorite CD titles in recent history (second only to Venetian Snares' Winnipeg is a Frozen Shithole).

Ordered a few days ago:
Amy Winehouse - Frank
Blink 182 "ST" (The only good album from them I still needed)

Also got a few 311 cds coming in from a trade.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Wait, Smile is limited? Shit, I gotta run out and get my copy.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that only the 2-disc CD/DVD version of Smile is limited to 3000. The single-disc CD isn't limited.

[quote name='bmachine']I'm pretty sure that only the 2-disc CD/DVD version of Smile is limited to 3000. The single-disc CD isn't limited.[/QUOTE]

Yeap, it's just the ones ordered from SouthernLord.

My g/f ordered it for me.

[quote name='bmachine']

Do you like it? I saw them open for Manson a few months back and it all seemed kind of...same-y. What's the new CD like?

[/QUOTE]

Its ok, and the album is somewhat repetitive. I saw Jimmy Gnecco do an all acoustic set which was amazing. Distorted Lullabies is much better IMO. You can listen to the lead track on their website (incase they didn't play it).

http://www.ours.net/main.html

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Looks like they still have some in stock (lucky for me). I'm gonna have to order as soon as I have the cash.[/QUOTE]

Quite lucky. Hope you can grab it!

I can't wait to listen to it.

And I can't wait to get Rising Down in the mail, too. And then Third....

:drool:

Amazing week for music.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Quite lucky. Hope you can grab it!

I can't wait to listen to it.

And I can't wait to get Rising Down in the mail, too. And then Third....

:drool:

Amazing week for music.[/quote]

Smile is awesome, it's like they took Pink and made it more awesome. I don't know those other two releases though.

I got:

Rush: Snakes & Arrows Live 2 CD set
Rage Against The Machine: Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium
Muse: Absolution
Muse: Black Holes and Revelations
Nine Inch Nails: Year Zero
In Flames: Come Clarity
In Flames: Soundtrack to Your Escape

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Smile is awesome, it's like they took Pink and made it more awesome. I don't know those other two releases though.[/QUOTE]

fuck, can't wait to hear it.

Third is the new Portishead and Rising Down is the new Roots.

[quote name='bmachine']New Mindless Self Indulgence CD this week, too.

Merchnow.com has the double-vinyl version with a limited edition t-shirt for $25.[/quote]

Despite how big of a fan I used to be, I'm not getting this on day one. I gotta hear it first, as their recent output has been utter shit. The only good thing I've heard since Rebel is Mark David Chapman.

Mindless Self Indulgence - If (Deluxe CD/DVD Version)
Portishead - 3

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Despite how big of a fan I used to be, I'm not getting this on day one. I gotta hear it first, as their recent output has been utter shit. The only good thing I've heard since Rebel is Mark David Chapman.[/quote]

Are you referring to all of the remixes? That kind of worked for me...I'm a big fan of anything that goes oontz oontz oontz so I really enjoyed a lot of those. The "new" stuff on the Mindless Ripoff EP was pretty weak, but the cover of "Big Poppa" was freakin' amazing. How you livin', Biggie Smalls? :)

I haven't listened to the new one yet...it's still wrapped in plastic. I'll post impressions once I lay into it, if you're interested.

If anyone else is looking to pickup If this week, Hot Topic's got a bundle going until next Monday: the CD/DVD version of If with any MSI tee for $25. Not a bad deal considering the deluxe edition retails for $19.99 on it's own.

[quote name='bmachine']Mindless Self Indulgence - If (Deluxe CD/DVD Version)
Portishead - 3

Are you referring to all of the remixes? That kind of worked for me...I'm a big fan of anything that goes oontz oontz oontz so I really enjoyed a lot of those. The "new" stuff on the Mindless Ripoff EP was pretty weak, but the cover of "Big Poppa" was freakin' amazing. How you livin', Biggie Smalls? :)

I haven't listened to the new one yet...it's still wrapped in plastic. I'll post impressions once I lay into it, if you're interested.

If anyone else is looking to pickup If this week, Hot Topic's got a bundle going until next Monday: the CD/DVD version of If with any MSI tee for $25. Not a bad deal considering the deluxe edition retails for $19.99 on it's own.[/quote]

I'm talking of the endless bullshit remixes (that oontz shit irritates the fuck out of me), and all the crappy new tracks on those EPs. The studio version of Big Poppa is shit compared to the live one too. I'll probably end up getting it, but I'm not clamoring.

Portishead - Third
The Roots - Rising Down
Blue Sky Black Death - Late Night Cinema
Maleko - Breathing Room
Club Des Belugas - Swop

also have Muro's new one on its way here and I finally pre-ordered Time Machine's Life Is Expensive

Kepi Ghoulie - American Gothic
Kepi Ghoulie - Hanging Out
Kevin Seconds - Rise Up, Insomniacs!
Lemuria - Get Better 12" LP gold/silver swirl
The Blue Meanies - A Sonic Documentation of Exhibition and Banter

Ming & Ping- Causeway Army
mingping4.jpg

Thanks to the BestBuy.com $5 sale, I picked up:

James Brown - Sex Machine
Cream - Fresh Cream
Siouxsie & the Banshees - Kaleidoscope
Siouxsie & the Banshees - Tinderbox
Sonic Youth - Dirty
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs
The Who - The Who Sings My Generation

Just picked up a couple new ones.

Fat Jon & Styrofoam - The Last Channel
&
Michael Jackson - Thriller 25

The Last Channel is almost too electronic for my taste but, happens to be extremely melodic. I dig.

Blur - Parklife
Tin Machine - II
Kristeen Young - Meet Ms. Young and her All-Boy Band (i think)
Primal Scream - Come Together (maxi single, 7 tracks)

IAMX - The Alternative (Chris Corner from the Sneaker Pimps...so good.)

Negative Format - Gradients (oontz oontz oontz)

The Magnetic Fields - The Charm of the Highway Strip (Finally on vinyl!)

[quote name='dallow']
Kristeen Young - Meet Ms. Young and her All-Boy Band (i think)
[/quote]
Saw her the night before she got booted off of the Morrissey tour...she was freakin' nuts.

[quote name='bmachine']Saw her the night before she got booted off of the Morrissey tour...she was freakin' nuts.[/quote]
Haha, I saw her too at the start of the tour.
Whoa, does that mean you were there when she made those comments?

She's crazy.
The CD was 2 bucks, I think it was worth it.
It's out there.

bread's done
Back