What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

Hit up Generations Records while I was in NYC over the weekend and I spent way more than I should have:

The Boggs - Forts (discovered them on Radio Broker in GTA4)
Red Cell - Lead or Follow
Be Your Own Pet - Get Awkward
Scouting for Girls - Scouting for Girls
Datarock - Datarock
Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles (thanks for rabbitt and xeno for recommending)

Going to see She Wants Revenge in Philly this Saturday so I'll be able to hit Digital Ferret and stock up on all of the ebm/industrial stuff that I've missed over the last month or two. When is my stimulus check coming? ;)

Got all of these on vinyl because Newbury Comics has a 20 percent off coupon this week:

The Raveonettes - Lust, Lust, Lust
Neutral Milk Hotel - On Avery Island
Dead Kennedys - Plastic Surgery Disasters

I'm trying to resist going back and spending more.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Got all of these on vinyl because Newbury Comics has a 20 percent off coupon this week:
[/quote]

I miss Newbury Comics so much. I wish they would expand into NY!

Do they still do those awesome pint glasses as bonus items for some releases?

[quote name='bmachine']I miss Newbury Comics so much. I wish they would expand into NY!

Do they still do those awesome pint glasses as bonus items for some releases?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they do. I have quite a few of those as well as a shitload of the seasonal ones. I'm actually using In Rainbows glass at work, ha.

I'm a sucker for free stuff.

KMFDM - Extra, Vol. 1
Ladytron - Velocifero

Also, we were doing vinyl markdowns today at work and I snagged these for half price:

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Joy Division - Closer
Nine Inch Nails - Survivalism (limited import 10" EP)

I finally picked up two CDs that had been missing from my collection for way too long:

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Tender Prey
Explosions in the Sky - Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever

I also got a copy of Mariah Carey's E=MC² for free.

[quote name='lunatic_pandora']Anyone else a huge Converge fan?[/quote]

I wouldn't say huge, but I do quite like their work. They're also responsible for the greatest cover song ever produced.

A Place to Bury Strangers - A Place to Bury Strangers

The Microphones - The Glow, Pt.2 reissue

Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff deluxe

The Amps - Pacer

Borders is running their 40% off all CDs deal again today and tomorrow. Hopefully my nearby store has restocked since my last visit...the selection was pretty lean.

Coupon is here but you'll also need a Borders Rewards card to redeem it.

I think I'm gonna pass on the Borders coupon this time 'cause a local indie shop (CD Trader in Tarzana) will have a sale this coming Saturday and I'd rather spend my money there.

So I realized that for once the Borders coupon has an online code, too. That helps immensely in terms of selection. I've decided to use the coupon after all. But the damn website keeps giving me an error code everytime I get to the payment step:

"We're sorry. This feature is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

So the feature of completing a transaction is unavailable? Good job, Borders.

Just used my Borders coupon this morning:

The Black Keys - Attack and Release
The Gutter Twins - Saturnalia
The Kills - Midnight Boom

All for ~$25.00.

I also questioned the music manager about the craptacular selection and he told me that the CD shops at most Borders stores are being downsized in favor of digital download kiosks. Booooooooo!

[quote name='rapsodist']So the feature of completing a transaction is unavailable? Good job, Borders.[/quote]

LOL! :applause:

I'm no expert, but that might be a poor business decision.

[quote name='bmachine']Just used my Borders coupon this morning:

The Black Keys - Attack and Release
The Gutter Twins - Saturnalia
The Kills - Midnight Boom

All for ~$25.00.

I also questioned the music manager about the craptacular selection and he told me that the CD shops at most Borders stores are being downsized in favor of digital download kiosks. Booooooooo!

LOL! :applause:

I'm no expert, but that might be a poor business decision.[/quote]

The "feature" was available this morning! :D I picked up:

Blue Scholars - Bayani
DJ Muggs vs. GZA - Grandmasters (missing from my collection for far too long)
Joan as Police Woman - To Survive

I'm really sad to hear that Borders is downsizing their music department. I'd noticed it getting smaller in recent weeks but I thought it'd return to normal in no time. So far it hasn't... But if Borders continues to include an online code with future coupons it won't be so bad, although that means multiple usages is out the window.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I made the mistake of buying the new Weezer album for $6 from amazon. What a huge waste of $6.[/quote]

Yeah I bought the Deluxe version for $12, I must admit I'm not loving it. I prefered their last album.

B&N needs to hook me up with a coupon the second week of July, I wants this album

DoSS_cover_WEB.jpg

[quote name='rodeojones903']I made the mistake of buying the new Weezer album for $6 from amazon. What a huge waste of $6.[/quote]

im sorry to hear that =/

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Let me know how To Survive is, please![/quote]

After one listen, I'd say that it's pretty much what I expected. It's very similar to her debut, for better or worse. The only difference I can pick out is that it sounds a bit more polished and a bit less intimate. Overall, I think it's quite safe to say that if you liked her previous album, you'll want this new one. I have a gut feeling that this album is a grower.

The Fratellis - Here We Stand

I became a fan of The Fratellis with their album Costello Music. HWS is a bit different, it doesn't sound quite the same. It doesn't really stand out like CM did. Its not bad but its not great, its average.

[quote name='shieryda']Disturbed - "Indestructible"
Bullet for My Valentine - "Scream Aim Fire"[/quote]

Have both of these, Disturbed was my last purchase. I like both. Awesome choice in music.

[quote name='rapsodist']After one listen, I'd say that it's pretty much what I expected. It's very similar to her debut, for better or worse. The only difference I can pick out is that it sounds a bit more polished and a bit less intimate. Overall, I think it's quite safe to say that if you liked her previous album, you'll want this new one. I have a gut feeling that this album is a grower.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. Thanks!

Weezer - Red Album

This album was a total disappointment. I don't think there was one song on it that I liked. It all felt very contrived, like they were trying to be hip and indie, but it all just totally failed.

[quote name='darthbudge']Weezer - Red Album

This album was a total disappointment. I don't think there was one song on it that I liked. It all felt very contrived, like they were trying to be hip and indie, but it all just totally failed.[/quote]

I listened to a little of the Weezer Album at the Virgin MegaStore and didn't think it was bad...now the flobots...I couldn't get into them at all. I know they are all the buzz but they didnt do it for me.

Bahamadia - BB Queen
Jeff Buckley - Live a L'Olympia
GZA - Beneath the Surface
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Honey's Dead
A Tribe Called Quest - The Love Movement [Limited Edition]
Urban Renewal Program: Wylin' Out feat. Mos Def, Diverse & Prefuse 73 [Single]

[quote name='ivanctorres']I listened to a little of the Weezer Album at the Virgin MegaStore and didn't think it was bad...now the flobots...I couldn't get into them at all. I know they are all the buzz but they didnt do it for me.[/quote]

It isn't you, Flobots suck. I saw them on Conan and wanted to puke in disgust and rage.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Coldplay - Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends
Joan as Police Woman - To Survive
M83 - Before the Dawn Heals Us[/quote]
What do you think of the new Coldplay album? How does it compare to their others?

bread's done
Back