What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

[quote name='bmachine']Julien-K - Death to Analog[/quote]

Is that the band that the vocalist has no fucking talent at all? I think they opened for MSI here in Detroit, and man, it was awful. The rest of the group was half decent but somebody needed to shove the vocalist into a burlap sack and beat him with a large blunt object, preferably something humorous, yet still painful, such as a giant cement phallic object, such as a penis.

[quote name='bmachine']Grendel - Soilbleed Redux [EP][/quote]

Awesome. I just nabbed Harsh Generation myself from SecondSpins sale, waiting on it to ship still.

[quote name='georox']Is that the band that the vocalist has no fucking talent at all? I think they opened for MSI here in Detroit, and man, it was awful. [/quote]

I've never seen them live, so I'm not sure...it's 2 of the dudes from Orgy, who I used to kind of like back before I developed taste and good sense. The Julien-K disc isn't bad, it just isn't that memorable.

[quote name='georox']Awesome. I just nabbed Harsh Generation myself from SecondSpins sale, waiting on it to ship still.[/quote]

Harsh Generation is amazing...not a bad track on there. I'm finally going to get to see them at the Kinetik Festival in May. Can't wait.

Two orders

Kamelot- The Fourth Legacy
Nevermore - S/T (resissue)
Tad Morose- Modus Vivendi

John West- Earth Maker
Manticora- The Black Circus Part 1: Letters
Dragonland- Astronomy

Both should be here early next week.

Sloppy Seconds...wow. There's a blast from the past.

I'm gonna go see check out th' record store today and see what's available used. But I did buy a Bad Manners GH album from iTunes this week already.

I went kinda insane this morning and bid on 20 CDs. I hope I don't win them all.....

Guy is selling his collection and it's pretty amazing.
It was pretty much all obscure international psych rock or modern, minimalistic/electronic composers.
Oh, and tons of Boredoms and Boredoms related items.

Patent Pending by Heavens

A sideproject (from like 2006) for Matt Skiba from Alkaline Trio. I heard the title track on the new Rebel FM and really liked it. So i downloaded the album from iTunes. Matt can really write some amazing lyrics!

Static-X - Cult of Static
Mastodon - Crack the Skye

Mastodon's new album is so fucking good its ridiculous. I recommend it to everyone. The Static-X is a lot better than their last few, there's much more programming which I love.

The Distraction - Sprockets, Gears, and Two-Way Mirrors

Met these guys at an in-store on Friday night and they're awesome.
I'd file them under "electro-alt-rock"; if you're into Placebo, IAMX, or Innerpartysystem you should check them out.

I traded in some shitty DS and GBA games and got all these cds,

Beirut - March of the Zapotec
The Clash - Live at Shea Stadium
The National - Boxer
Sonic Youth - Dirty Boots
Shearwater - Rook
Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue
Talking Heads - Fear of Music
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Automatic
One Day as a Lion - One Day as a Lion
The White Stripes - Under Blackpool Lights (DVD)

And I still have $30 in credit. :0)

[quote name='tcrash247']Static-X - Cult of Static
Mastodon - Crack the Skye

Mastodon's new album is so fucking good its ridiculous. I recommend it to everyone. The Static-X is a lot better than their last few, there's much more programming which I love.[/QUOTE]thanks for the heads-up; I didn't realize there was a new Static-X album out!

got an order from SecondSpin on the way... "Construction Time Again" by Depeche Mode, two albums by Switchblade Symphony (not familiar with them, but I heard the singer on a Depeche Mode cover CD and really liked it), and "Cruel Melody" by Black Light Burns.

I'm stoked about the order... filling a gap in the collection of one of my favorite bands, and exploring some new territory while I'm at it!

I will be buying Pearl Jam - Ten (Deluxe) today. It will be my first CD purchase since 2006 when Pearl Jam and 10,000 Days came out on the same day. I can't wait to hear the 5.1 mix.

[quote name='javeryh']I will be buying Pearl Jam - Ten (Deluxe) today. [/QUOTE]

Have mine preordered from their site. Hopefully it will come today.

Also preordered the latest Live Trax from Dave Matthews Band. It was from the Bristow, Va show I went to last summer. Was the last show Leroi Moore played before wrecking his ATV and passing away a few months later.

Just picked up the Pearl Jam Ten deluxe edition from Best Buy for $28.

Didn't realize until I saw the sticker on the cover that the BB exclusive edition comes with three free downloadable Rock Band tracks from PJ. Nice!

Got the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album. It's a bit too different. The entire album seems like former albums finisher material. Slower songs. No real growling and screaming from Karen, which is a shame. Hopefully this is just an experimental release and not the new direction. It's hard to even find any Nick Zinner guitarwork on the album. I'd say I'm disappointed, but it's still a far better album than most of the shit sampled from on the radio these days.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Got the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album. It's a bit too different. The entire album seems like former albums finisher material. Slower songs. No real growling and screaming from Karen, which is a shame. Hopefully this is just an experimental release and not the new direction. It's hard to even find any Nick Zinner guitarwork on the album. I'd say I'm disappointed, but it's still a far better album than most of the shit sampled from on the radio these days.[/QUOTE]

I've heard clips of each song off iTunes and it almost seems electronic and not at all rock. I think I'll like it, but its not what I would expect or even want from YYYs. Their first album was incredibly good and raw, nothing else has come close to that.

I picked up The Decemberists' The Hazards of Love yesterday. It definitely has their sound, but with a little less folk and little more rock (less acoustic, more electric) compared to their previous album, The Crane Wife. It's good. I've listened to it only twice, so I haven't decided which album I like best yet.

[quote name='bmachine']The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love
[/I][/QUOTE]
im looking forward to picking that up.

the weepies - hideaway

Just placed an order at Saddle Creek:

Sebastien Grainger - Sebastien Grainger & the Mountains (180g)
Bright Eyes - Cassadaga (2x180g with bonus 3" CD)
Cursive - Mama, I'm Swollen (180g Deluxe)
Cursive - The Recluse / Art Is Hard singles (10" picture disc)

I still need to get the new Mastodon, though. Like... ASAP. The CD+DVD version is $14 on Amazon right now, so I might just do that.

Oh, I also got...

Andrew Bird - Noble Beast/Useless Creatures

...not too long ago. I quite like it.

I just bought the best album I have heard in at least three years, Kings of Leon - "Only by the Night"

The album is fucking amazing. I have their first two albums and were never that into them, but the new stuff here is on a whole other level.

[quote name='DestroVega']I just bought the best album I have heard in at least three years, Kings of Leon - "Only by the Night"

The album is fucking amazing. I have their first two albums and were never that into them, but the new stuff here is on a whole other level.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Never heard of them before, but this new album got me hooked.

got these on vinyl(yea im late on these album but meh)
Animal collective- Merriweather Post Pavilion
Decemberists- hazard of love
Fleet Foxes -Fleet Foxes

This weekend at Half Price Books..

Nine Inch Nails - Closer To God
Deftones - Deftones
Deftones - B-Sides & Rarities
Beastie Boys - Check Your Head
Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black
Depeche Mode - Exciter
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin

bread's done