What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

I picked up the Grizzly Bear "Veckatimest" LP and their 12'' single for "Two Weeks." Fred Falke is making me want to dance naked with sand in between my toes.

Alexisonfire: Old Crows/ Young Cardinals
Street Sweeper Social Club (opening for NIN|JA had me sold on them)
Ministry: Psalm 69
Bullet for my Valentine: Scream Aim Fire DLX edition

Rather odd mix of music now that I look at it...

[quote name='c335harp']Grizzly Bear "Veckatimest"[/QUOTE]
this album is sooooo good.. any other year, imo, it'd easily be album of the year

2009 has been amazing.. Manners, Veckatimest, Merriweather Post Pavillion, Bitte Orca.. we're not even halfway done, it's incredible

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted: Luxe & Reduxe
Dinosaur Jr. - You're Living All Over Me[/QUOTE]

Love these. I got the Pavement album a couple years ago, having heard S&E but never hearing Watery, Domestic. I instantly love it, and My two favorite Pavement songs are Sue Me Jack and Frontwards.

Dinosaur Jr are flat out my favorite band. Favorite song on this album is Lose, and this is my second favorite album of theirs, behind Bug. YLAOM is more consistently good, but Bug has better songs.

in the last two weeks I've purchased/ordered/gotten as gift:

Mae - (m)orning
The Gaslight Anthem - the 59 sound
Dredg - the pariah, the parrot, the delusional
fiction plane - left side of the brain
All 3 Studio Black Mages cds
will be getting The Dear Hunter act 3 today.

No Age - Nouns
Gang Gang Dance - Saint Dymphna
The Church - Priest = Aura
French Kicks - One Time Bells
La Roux - Quicksand EP
jesu - Silver
Mos Def - The Ecstatic
Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking

Dommin - Mend Your Misery
La Roux - La Roux
Tori Amos - Abnormally Attracted to Sin
Better Than Ezra - Paper Empire

My bi-polar musical tastes are showing.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']
Stephen Malkmus - Face The Truth
[/QUOTE]

How did you like it? To me it was...eh. I loved Pencil Rot, It Kills, and Baby C'mon, but the rest of the album is just meh. Kind of bland, not horrible to listen to, but nothing really stuck out as good. Real Emotional Trash was better in my opinion.

And to be honest, in my opinion, the best post-Pavement album was Preston School of Industry - Goodbye to the Edge City. Don't believe me? here!

Groovie Ghoulies - Berry'd Alive (Covers of 7 Chuck Berry songs)
Toys That Kill - Flys EP
Vic Ruggiero and Kepi Ghoulie - The New Dark Ages
The Riverdales - Invasion USA (New album, pretty good pop punk if you're into stuff like The Queers, Screeching Weasel, Groovie Ghoulies, The Ramones, etc.)

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']How did you like it? To me it was...eh. I loved Pencil Rot, It Kills, and Baby C'mon, but the rest of the album is just meh. Kind of bland, not horrible to listen to, but nothing really stuck out as good. Real Emotional Trash was better in my opinion.

And to be honest, in my opinion, the best post-Pavement album was Preston School of Industry - Goodbye to the Edge City. Don't believe me? here![/QUOTE]I listened to a few songs and then quickly switched to Wowee Zowee. There were a few good tracks, but it didn't hold my interest very well.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Dinosaur Jr - Farm[/QUOTE]

Love this. Any of you vinyl fans know the best way for me to obtain the PIAS 2xLP 180 g pressing with the bonus 7" in the US? It was a UK (Europe?) only limited edition, but I'd really rather have that than the Jagjaguwar 2xLP. Oh, and does anyone know if the limited vinyl version is also affected by the volume issues that forced a recall of the PIAS CD version?

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']How did you like it? To me it was...eh. I loved Pencil Rot, It Kills, and Baby C'mon, but the rest of the album is just meh. Kind of bland, not horrible to listen to, but nothing really stuck out as good. Real Emotional Trash was better in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I would probably rate the quality of the Malkmus albums in the same order in which they came out:

1. Stephen Malkmus
2. Pig Lib
3. Face The Truth
4. Real Emotional Trash

There might be some minor flip-flopping amongst 2, 3, and 4, but the S/T is definitely at the top.

[quote name='siderealshift']Love this. Any of you vinyl fans know the best way for me to obtain the PIAS 2xLP 180 g pressing with the bonus 7" in the US? It was a UK (Europe?) only limited edition, but I'd really rather have that than the Jagjaguwar 2xLP. Oh, and does anyone know if the limited vinyl version is also affected by the volume issues that forced a recall of the PIAS CD version?[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know that PIAS released an LP version :shock: I've been eyeing the Jagjaguwar version since the record store got it in, but I might try to find the PIAS version. The Beyond LP release is one of my favorites :lol:

[quote name='siderealshift']Honestly, I would probably rate the quality of the Malkmus albums in the same order in which they came out:

1. Stephen Malkmus
2. Pig Lib
3. Face The Truth
4. Real Emotional Trash

There might be some minor flip-flopping amongst 2, 3, and 4, but the S/T is definitely at the top.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I'd flip the last two. S/T would still get the top if it had Jenny and the Ess-Dog and nothing else, though. Love that song.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I didn't even know that PIAS released an LP version :shock: I've been eyeing the Jagjaguwar version since the record store got it in, but I might try to find the PIAS version.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid it will probably be a costly import, if it is even still available at retail. And even then you're shipping vinyl overseas... so, you know, there's that, too.

Nevertheless, if you happen to find a seller that looks worthwhile, please let me know. This record is fantastic enough that I might go through the trouble.

In the "trendy" part of the area, there's a place that exclusively sells import and hard to find vinyl. It's the only place I've been able to find the import copy of Sebadoh III. I'll keep an eye out for it there, and if they get two copies, I'll pick both up and sell it to you at cost, if you'd like.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']In the "trendy" part of the area, there's a place that exclusively sells import and hard to find vinyl. It's the only place I've been able to find the import copy of Sebadoh III. I'll keep an eye out for it there, and if they get two copies, I'll pick both up and sell it to you at cost, if you'd like.[/QUOTE]

Wow lucky you.

Pavement + Sebadoh, I see you have a great taste in music.

bread's done
Back