What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

Joy Division - The Best of Joy Division
New Order - Movement (2-disc)

I normally stay away from "best of"'s, but this was the cheapest point of entry.

[quote name='pete5883']Joy Division - The Best of Joy Division
New Order - Movement (2-disc)

I normally stay away from "best of"'s, but this was the cheapest point of entry.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea that Movement was re-released with a bonus disc, but I looked it up, and I realized that I owned all those songs in one form or another.

Anyway, I loved Movement, it was actually the first New Order album I found on vinyl. BTW, a good point of entry for New Order is the Singles 2 disc set. I like it more than Substance 1987.

I've already got and loved Power, Corruption, & Lies. If I get all the albums and/or 2-disc versions of the albums, would the Singles set be redundant?

[quote name='pete5883']I've already got and loved Power, Corruption, & Lies. If I get all the albums and/or 2-disc versions of the albums, would the Singles set be redundant?[/QUOTE]

If you spring for the 2 disc sets, Singles would probably be redundant. I'm not quite certain on that, though. I'll check and edit later. If you get the basic albums, you should get Singles, as almost none of those songs are on the albums, and if they are, they're drastically remixed.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Also picked this up today. fucking fantastic.[/QUOTE]
I Agree. Read into all the hype of the album before the release and I gotta say the more I listen to it the more I enjoy it.

Venture Bros. Soundtrack - J.G. Thirlwell (Vinyl), Dig! Lazarus Dig! - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (CD), Floodland (Remastered) - Sisters of Mercy (DD)

r13198711209579631.jpg

r19665381255541020.jpg

[quote name='GenDV138']Also picked up Baroness - Blue Record Deluxe, excellent stuff. Planning to pick up the vinyl when that comes out.

Ruiner - Hell Is Empty
Strike Anywhere - Iron Front
Have Heart - Songs To Scream At The Sun / The Things We Carry
H2O - Nothing To Prove
fucked Up - The Chemistry of Common Life
Testament - The Legacy / The New Order / Practice What You Preach / The Formation of Damnation
Red Fang - S/T
Teenage Bottlerocket - They Came From The Shadows
Rodrigo y Gabriela - S/T / 11:11 / Live In Japan
Fugazi - The Argument / Red Medicine[/QUOTE]

:applause: Love pretty much everything you just listed.

Bought the Reaching Hand EP off of their myspace. Check em out, you might like em!

Recently:

Alice In Chains - Unplugged
Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way to Blue
Bif Naked - Superbeautifulmonster
Eric Clapton - Timepieces: The Best of Eric Clapton
Faith No More - Who Cares A Lot? The Greatest Hits
Satyricon - Nemesis Dying
silverchair - The Best of: Volume 1
"Weird Al" Yankovic - Greatest Hits Volume II

[quote name='DigitalSpace']Recently:

Alice In Chains - Unplugged
Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way to Blue
Bif Naked - Superbeautifulmonster
Eric Clapton - Timepieces: The Best of Eric Clapton
Faith No More - Who Cares A Lot? The Greatest Hits
Satyricon - Nemesis Dying
silverchair - The Best of: Volume 1
"Weird Al" Yankovic - Greatest Hits Volume II[/QUOTE]

you know they just released The Essential Weird Al last week... looks pretty definitive...

[quote name='DestroVega']you know they just released The Essential Weird Al last week... looks pretty definitive...[/QUOTE]
No Nature Trail to Hell (in 3d)
No My Bologna
No Angry White Boy Polka
. . .

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']What did you guys think of the Bad Lieutenant album?[/QUOTE]
I've only listened to it once, so all I can say is it's really not what I was expecting.

[quote name='pete5883']I've only listened to it once, so all I can say is it's really not what I was expecting.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was actually kind of boring but I've only been through it once or twice, as well.

I was hoping for something more in the vein of Electronic, Bernard's other side project, but it's nothing like that.

[quote name='vagrantpaul']The four Samurai Champloo OSTs. Good Stuff, I must say.
smile
[/QUOTE]

Very good stuff. Nujabes is the man.

He has a bunch of songs on 2 of those OSTs. If you dig his stuff, you should check out "Metaphorical Music" and "Modal Soul" too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got The Beatles On Mono from Amazon, great set.

Also recently picked up:

Cloak/Dagger - Lost Art / Lost Art (Test Press) / Don't Need A 7"
Lemuria - Ozzy 7"
Lifetime - Hello Bastards / Jersey's Best Dancers / Somewhere in the Swamps of Jersey
The Explosion - S/T / Flash Flash Flash
Strike Anywhere - To Live In Discontent / Change Is A Sound
Melt-Banana - MxBx 1998/13,000 Miles at Light Velocity

Blitzen Trapper - Furr

Sweet album. I already "had" it, but I figured it'd be good to pay for it and support them. $5 d/l on Amazon atm.

A second copy of Weezer's Blue Album, this time the Deluxe Edition. I'd played my original copy of Blue so many times that the disk warped!

Not sure if I'll pick up Ratitude, though. From what I've been told it's better than Make Believe (not hard to do) but not as good as Red.

^I love Raditude, have already listened to it about 5 times. It's definitely not Red... but not in a good or bad way, it's just totally different.

I don't know why everyone bags on Make Believe. There are some great songs on that album, even if it includes their worst song of all-time. (Beverly Hills)

The Libertines- Self Titled
Nirvana- Live At Reading (god I have been waiting so long for this. I love live Nirvana)
Halo 3 ODST Original Soundtrack

Cunninlynguists - Strange Journey Volume Two [Deluxe Edition]
Madlib - The Beat Konducta Vol. 3 & 4 In India
Madlib - Beat Konducta Vol. 5-6 Dil Cosby & Dil Withers Suite
Killah Priest - Elizabeth
Del The Funky Homosapien & Tame One - Parallel Uni-Verses

bread's done
Back