What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

[quote name='Bioshocked360']The xx - xx
Dinosaur Jr. - Farm

On the way home from the record store, I blew out one of the speakers in my car listening to Farm. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Blasting any Dinosaur Jr will blast your speakers :) and ear drums if you see them live.

I Got lucky and found it used at one of the music stores around here for $8. It's odd because I originally went in there just to buy a Texas Chainsaw Massacre shirt that's been in my head and there it was.

The Jam - Sound Affects
Scott Walker - Scott

(just one more Scott Walker and I'll have all the main albums, the last one is incredibly rare though)

Faith No More-The Real Thing
Faith No More-Angel Dust

Picked up both new for $6.99 apiece at a local record shop weekend before last.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swans - White Light From The Mouth Of Infinity / Love of Life Limited Box Set

Ultra out of print set of two ultra out of print Swans albums. Only copy on eBay is currently up for $311. Got mine for $50. Thank you Half Price Books. Thank you everyone in this area for not liking Swans.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Swans - White Light From The Mouth Of Infinity / Love of Life Limited Box Set

Ultra out of print set of two ultra out of print Swans albums. Only copy on eBay is currently up for $311. Got mine for $50. Thank you Half Price Books. Thank you everyone in this area for not liking Swans.[/QUOTE]

Which area is that?( if you dont mind me asking)

Mesh - A Perfect Solution
S.I.T.D. - Rot
Miike Snow - Miike Snow

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Swans - White Light From The Mouth Of Infinity / Love of Life Limited Box Set[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you got a killer deal. I've always loved Jarboe's solo stuff but I never really explored The Swans much. I'll have to start digging into that.

This was probably within the last month but I bought:

Nile - "Those Whom the Gods Detest"
The Red Chord - "Fed Through the Teeth Machine"
Between the Buried and Me - "The Great Misdirect"
Converge - "Axe to Fall"

All of these CD's are very good if you're into heavy music. Theyre atleast worth checking out.

picked this up the other day with a t-shirt

517b5d.jpg

Got Slayer - World Painted Blood. The Deluxe Edition was on sale at my local Hasting's for $17, so I picked it up. The music is good, but OMFG, the accompanying video on the bonus DVD was seriously terrible. It's like a terrible black and white paper doll show of suck.

[quote name='bmachine']Morrissey - Swords (the German 2-disc edition)[/QUOTE]
German edition? Any extras over the regular 2-disc edition?

I was about to ask the same thing. I doubt there's extra tracks but why the German edition?
Extra tacky badge that I need to get a hold of? ;)

[quote name='pete5883']German edition? Any extras over the regular 2-disc edition?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dallow']I was about to ask the same thing. I doubt there's extra tracks but why the German edition?
Extra tacky badge that I need to get a hold of? ;)[/QUOTE]

It's this one that I ordered it from Amazon, which appears to be on the only 2-disc version of Swords that they sell.

I didn't know it was a German import until I received it with a big "made in Germany" sticker on the overwrap. Disc 1 is b-sides and disc 2 live stuff recorded in Poland.

Nux Vomica - Asleep In The Ashes
Nux Vomica - A Civilized World
Nux Vomica/Wake Up On Fire Split 12"

I finally decided that I should give them some coin for all the awesome music they've given me. Plus their guitarist is super chill and let me upload their music to my blog.

Funny that everyone's talking about Morrissey when I came to check this thread out. Just bought The Sound Of The Smiths off of Zune Marketplace. Checked them out since one of my favorite bands, Stars, is heavily influenced by them, and did a cover of the song This Charming Man, which I really like. Man, what a great band.

Just read this off Morrissey's wiki page: "In October 2009, on the second date of the UK tour to promote b-sides LP 'Swords', Morrissey collapsed with breathing difficulties upon finishing the opening song of his set, "This Charming Man," at The Oasis Centre, Swindon." Yeah, that song is intense enough to do this to a man.

Also bought Hello Hurricane by Switchfoot (off Amazon MP3), which is my favorite band. Been looking forward to this album for a long time, and I'm loving it.

[quote name='Apushmataha']Got Slayer - World Painted Blood. The Deluxe Edition was on sale at my local Hasting's for $17, so I picked it up. The music is good, but OMFG, the accompanying video on the bonus DVD was seriously terrible. It's like a terrible black and white paper doll show of suck.[/QUOTE]
Thank you! I Bought the normal edition of World Painted Blood when it came out and was contemplating the deluxe edition because the bonus DVD sounded interesting. Though I figured 20 minutes of random animation isn't worth the extra $6 or so versus buying the $10 normal edition. Now I feel better having spent that.

Good album though.

I'll probably buy Swords eventually, even though I already own 13/18 tracks. How's the live disc?

I'm curious what the rest of the world thinks of Sweetie Pie.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']Thank you! I Bought the normal edition of World Painted Blood when it came out and was contemplating the deluxe edition because the bonus DVD sounded interesting. Though I figured 20 minutes of random animation isn't worth the extra $6 or so versus buying the $10 normal edition. Now I feel better having spent that.

Good album though.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I opted for the regular version over the deluxe. Good thing I did!

My local FYE reduced all single disc cds to $9.99 to boost sales so I picked up the following:

311 - 311 Live
High On Fire - Live from the Relapse Contamination Festival
Pelican - What We All Come to Need
Jesu - Lifeline
GWAR - America Must Be Destroyed Special Edition with included Phallus in Wonderland and Tour de Scum bonus DVDs

[quote name='InnerOblivion']This was probably within the last month but I bought:

Nile - "Those Whom the Gods Detest"
The Red Chord - "Fed Through the Teeth Machine"
Between the Buried and Me - "The Great Misdirect"
Converge - "Axe to Fall"

All of these CD's are very good if you're into heavy music. Theyre atleast worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

The Nile and BTBM CD are great. If you want more great CDs check out metalstorm.ee/bands/albums_top.php?album_year=2009 for all the great CDs so far of this year. I guarantee you will find some great stuff. (I'm new so I can't post a link)

The last CD I bought was Kamelot's "The Black Halo". It is an amazing CD. I recommend it to anyone looking for something different. Kamelot is an amazing Power/Progressive band.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I'm looking forward to picking up Swords. I really like late-period Morrissey.[/QUOTE]I honestly don't, doesn't come close to any of his pre-98 work but I still listen and buy it all the same.

[quote name='bmachine']It's this one that I ordered it from Amazon, which appears to be on the only 2-disc version of Swords that they sell.

I didn't know it was a German import until I received it with a big "made in Germany" sticker on the overwrap. Disc 1 is b-sides and disc 2 live stuff recorded in Poland.[/QUOTE]Ah, yeah. Fontana International.
Hmm, I'm so behind on the recent releases, I guess there's no domestic 2 disc release?

[quote name='StickyWaffles']Funny that everyone's talking about Morrissey when I came to check this thread out. Just bought The Sound Of The Smiths off of Zune Marketplace. Checked them out since one of my favorite bands, Stars, is heavily influenced by them, and did a cover of the song This Charming Man, which I really like. Man, what a great band.

Just read this off Morrissey's wiki page: "In October 2009, on the second date of the UK tour to promote b-sides LP 'Swords', Morrissey collapsed with breathing difficulties upon finishing the opening song of his set, "This Charming Man," at The Oasis Centre, Swindon." Yeah, that song is intense enough to do this to a man.

Also bought Hello Hurricane by Switchfoot (off Amazon MP3), which is my favorite band. Been looking forward to this album for a long time, and I'm loving it.[/QUOTE]Good man, and a fellow DFW fan.
I hate the Stars cover but to be fair, I hate most Smiths covers. ;)

Ive already pre-ordered the deluxe Edition of Lady GaGa's The Fame Monster

cant wait till it gets here on Wednesday or Thursday from Amazon

[quote name='dallow']I honestly don't, doesn't come close to any of his pre-98 work but I still listen and buy it all the same.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say it was equal to or better than his old stuff, but I still really like it. Some songs rise above some of his old stuff, though. First Of The Gang To Die is a better song than Everyday is Like Sunday, for example.

Just my opinion, though :lol:

Morrissey - Revelation (vinyl bootleg)

What makes this one special?
Holy crap, two unheard tracks from the Viva Hate/Bona Drag years!
How the bootlegger got his hands on these I'll never know. Outside of Moz's inner circle, I only knew of one serious collector who had them.

Tracklist:

1. Striptease With A Difference
2. Please Help The Cause Against Lonliness
3. Fantastic Bird
4. You Should Have Been Nice To Me
5. Lifeguard On Duty
6. Happy Lovers United
7. Born To Hang
8. Oh Phony
9. Honey, You Know Where To Find Me

This version of Striptease sounds good too, probably a different take from the the one previously circulated. I love HLU.

A few other uncirculated Smiths tracks were leaked due to this release as well in the spirit of giving
I never thought I'd hear Frankly Mr. Shankly version with horns (and lyric subtle lyric changes) but a kind fan finally released it. It's so different! I couldn't believe it. Scratched a few off my 'dream list'.
Also an unheard of version of Rubber Ring that's excellent.

If you want these tracks, let me know.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I didn't say it was equal to or better than his old stuff, but I still really like it. Some songs rise above some of his old stuff, though. First Of The Gang To Die is a better song than Everyday is Like Sunday, for example.

Just my opinion, though :lol:[/QUOTE]:nottalking:

Though I did make a flash "E-Card" for the song featuring pictures of local Latino thugs (my brother and his friends) for a competition. Didn't win though. I do like the song a lot actually. :)

bread's done
Back