What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

New Order - Low-Life
New Order - Brotherhood
New Order - Technique
Depeche Mode - 101
Saul Williams - The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of $$$$yTardust!

About 3/4 of my most recent (and biggest ever) record order came in yesterday. Not that I'm trying to show off or anything, but...

Massive_record_order-1_of_2.jpg

From left to right, top to bottom, we have:

A Silver Mt. Zion - He Has Left Us Alone...
A Silver Mt. Zion - 13 Blues For Thirteen Moons (2xLP)
A Silver Mt. Zion - Born Into Trouble... (2x10")
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Slow Riot For New Zero Kanada
Built To Spill - Perfect From Now On (2xLP reissue)
British Sea Power - The Decline Of British Sea Power
Kyuss - Welcome To Sky Valley
Kyuss - Sons Of Kyuss
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation (4xLP)
Radiohead - OK Computer (2xLP reissue)
Spoon - Transference
Sonic Youth - "Goo" (4xLP)
Spoon - The Underdog (demo) (7")
Trail Of Dead - Festival Thyme (10" picture disc)

And there's more on the way....

That's an amazing haul. Where'd you get it all from?

I just missed an auction on Ebay for 6 Silver Mt Zion LPs because my Internet wasn't working. It sold for a final price of only $37. I was really mad.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']That's an amazing haul. Where'd you get it all from?

I just missed an auction on Ebay for 6 Silver Mt Zion LPs because my Internet wasn't working. It sold for a final price of only $37. I was really mad.[/QUOTE]

Local record store. You can place orders through their website (http://www.strictlydiscs.com/vinyl/), and if they don't have what you want in the store, they'll track it down for you. Their prices are reasonable and in-store pick-up is free. I probably could have gotten a few of these cheaper on eBay or something, but (A) I like my records new, because 99.9% of people don't know how to properly handle vinyl; and (B) I like supporting local record stores.

And I hate to say it, but you missed out on that eBay auction. Six SMZ LPs for $37 is fucking filthy. Most new SMZ LPs go for about $20 a pop, and that's if you get a decent deal. (I should be getting the new one, Kollaps Tradixionales, in the mail soon straight from Constellation, and that one alone was $30.)

The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico (LP)
Beastie Boys - Ill Communication (LP)
Manchester Orchestra - Mean Everything to Me (LP)
Dave Matthews Band - Big Whiskey (LP)

Total was $15.68

Last edited by a moderator:
Blood Red Shoes - Box of Secrets
Charlotte Gainsbourg - IRM
Evelyn Evelyn - Have You Seen My Sister Evelyn? EP
KMFDM - Krieg
Late of the Pier - Fantasy Black Channel
Midnight Juggernauts - Dystopia
Moving Units - Hexes for Exes
Pendulum - In Silico
War Tapes - Turtles EP
XP8 - Drop the Mask

Death - Symbolic
Skeletonwitch - Breathing the Fire

Never heard of Skeletonwitch before, but they sound OK and I thought I should take a crash course in their music before I hit the Evisceration Plague Tour in Lawrence, KS.

Megadeth - End game.

Before that is was tools 10,000 days.

I just dont buy many cds anymore. Any new music I hear on the radio anymore that I like I dont bother with the whole album because 9 times out of 10 it will be the only good song on there. And I dont want to pay 15 bucks for one song.

[quote name='siderealshift']Local record store. You can place orders through their website (http://www.strictlydiscs.com/vinyl/), and if they don't have what you want in the store, they'll track it down for you. Their prices are reasonable and in-store pick-up is free. I probably could have gotten a few of these cheaper on eBay or something, but (A) I like my records new, because 99.9% of people don't know how to properly handle vinyl; and (B) I like supporting local record stores.[/QUOTE]

I forgot to mention that this is the same record store which has a veritable DUNGEON of used vinyl records in the basement, and on most days they have free PBR for you to enjoy while you shop. Yes, PBR. God bless WI.

Anyway, over the weekend I also picked up...

Owen Pallett - Heartland (2xLP)
The Hold Steady - Stay Positive (2xLP)

That Owen Pallett/Final Fantasy record is really solid, to say the least.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico (LP)[/QUOTE]

Hot Topic, eh? Might have to look into this...

ESA - Devotion, Discipline, and Denial
Jóhann Jóhannsson - Englabörn
Jóhann Jóhannsson - IBM 1401, A User's Manual
Ólafur Arnalds - Eulogy for Evolution
Ólafur Arnalds - Variations of Static
Ólafur Arnalds - Dyad 1909
Ólafur Arnalds - Found Songs
Efterklang - Tripper
Efterklang - Parades
Helios - Eingya
Tegan and Sara - The Con
Tegan and Sara - Sainthood
Opeth - Ghost Reveries (cloth poster)

more
Opeth - The Roundhouse Tapes
Opeth - Watershed
Opeth - The Candlelight Years
Katatonia - Night Is the New day
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
Katatonia - Viva Emptiness
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day
Katatonia - Tonight's Decision
Katatonia - Dance of December Souls
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Fabriclive50 - D-Bridge & Instra:mental present Autonomic

more
Gridlock - The Synthetic Form
Gridlock - Further (used :/)

Last edited by a moderator:
High On Fire - Snakes For The Divine - Special preorder package that came today, includes the album on CD, album on vinyl, autographed 11x17 poster and a digital download (which is pointless now since this package arrived before release date and I get the download code tomorrow)

Hayaino Daisuki - Headbanger's Karaoke Club Dangerous Fire
Hayaino Daisuki - Invincible Gate Mind Of the Infernal Fire Hell, Or Did You Mean Hawaii Daisuki?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Hayaino Daisuki - Headbanger's Karaoke Club Dangerous Fire
Hayaino Daisuki - Invincible Gate Mind Of the Infernal Fire Hell, Or Did You Mean Hawaii Daisuki?[/QUOTE]

Best post in this thread!

I haven't gotten Invincble Gate Mind yet, I've heard two songs off it. I'm sure the rest is good, though...

[quote name='Vulgarism']Best post in this thread!

I haven't gotten Invincble Gate Mind yet, I've heard two songs off it. I'm sure the rest is good, though...[/QUOTE]

It's more than fucking good. Blows their first EP out of the water in terms of speed and melody.

Blur - 13
Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Answering Machine Music
Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Pocket Symphonies for Lonesome Subway Cars
David Bowie - Black Tie / White Noise
Momus - The Little Red Songbook
Nico - Chelsea Girl
Philip Glass - Portrait

Bought two CDs I already owned as well, ugh. Forgot to take my phone which would have allowed me to look up my online library. Time to give them away.

bread's done
Back