What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

I'm awaiting the arrival of:

'Ixnay On The Hombre' by Offspring

'Core' by Stone Temple Pilots

'From The Muddy Banks Of The Wishkah', 'MTV Unplugged', & 'With The Lights Out' by Nirvana

'Louder Than Love' by Soundgarden

When the Borders by my house cleared out most of their music section I got Hank Williams Jr.'s Greatest Hits, that was like 2 years ago!

[quote name='BlueSwim']I'm awaiting the arrival of:

'Ixnay On The Hombre' by Offspring

'Core' by Stone Temple Pilots

'From The Muddy Banks Of The Wishkah', 'MTV Unplugged', & 'With The Lights Out' by Nirvana

'Louder Than Love' by Soundgarden[/QUOTE]
My kind of guy

Went to my local used CD store the other day with the intention of buying some stoner metal but ended up getting some electronica since they had nothing that I was looking for.

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Volume II
Underworld - Barking
The Chemical Brothers - Surrender
The Chemical Brothers - Come With Us

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']My kind of guy[/QUOTE]Great minds think alike!

---

The 'From The Muddy Banks of the Wishkah' album I ordered arrived yesterday missing one key element, THE fuckING CD ITSELF! Last time I buy something used on the Amazon Marketplace.:evil::evil::evil:

Famine - Nature's Twin Tendencies
Tapage & Meander - Etched in Salt
Autoclav1.1 - All Standing Room in the Goodnight Saloon
C.H. District - Conclusion
Undermathic - 10:10PM
Snog - The Dissolving Satellite of Egoism Overturned
Abs6 - Automedikation
Ambiguous - Stone Cross
iszoloscope - the edge of certainty
the_empath - meanwhile
Skytree - Hyphae

[quote name='BlueSwim']Great minds think alike!

---

The 'From The Muddy Banks of the Wishkah' album I ordered arrived yesterday missing one key element, THE fuckING CD ITSELF! Last time I buy something used on the Amazon Marketplace.:evil::evil::evil:[/QUOTE]

Wow. And it would appear that you really like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya as well.

On Topic: Looking forward to picking up Kanye West's and Agalloch's new albums this month when they hit.

Picked up Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Excellent pick up even if you don't like hip hop because the production is of very high quality.

Bought Kanye's CD off Amazon for $1. First CD I bought since Marshal Mathers in the 3rd grade. Of course, I have been listening to the CD for weeks now, but I figured I'd help boost the sales numbers ;)

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Wow. And it would appear that you really like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya as well.[/QUOTE]Hell yeah! I love the 'Haruhi' series. And yet, I can't justify the purchase of season 2 with its "Endless 8" episodes.:cry::cry::cry:

-----

Picked these up at a used CD store yesterday:

'From The Muddy Banks Of The Wishkah' & 'Incesticide' by Nirvana(thankfully, Wishkah had the CD in the case this time)

Mother Love Bone's self-titled compilation w/ 2-track bonus disc

'Tuonela' by Amorphis(I bought half of the album from Amazon's MP3 store when I got some credit after buying a game. The cost of the CD was the same as buying the remaining MP3's, so I jumped.)

My Chemical Romance - Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine Remastered
The Chariot - Long Live
Your Memorial - Atonement
Adeste - In Parables

Digital
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

I got KW on Amazon MP3 for only $.99 thanks to a coupon for $3 in MP3 credit and due to it being on sale for only $3.99

[quote name='Mikeyjl87']My Chemical Romance - Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine Remastered
[/QUOTE]

What he said.

[quote name='2DMention']My next CD will be the Tron Legacy soundtrack. Daft Punk fits that movie perfect.[/QUOTE]

you do know it's not going to sound totally like Daft Punk right? I've read interviews about how they didn't use synths because they won't be around much longer.

The National - High Violet (Expanded Edition)

I've been wanting to get High Violet for a while now, and last week, I came really close to buying it on Amazon MP3. For some reason, I decided to wait until later in the day. When I came back to find it on Amazon, this edition popped up in the search results. It's a new edition that features a bonus disc with eight bonus tracks (one alternate version, two new songs, two b-sides, and three live recordings); it came out this week. I'm glad I waited and bought this version instead.

Sufjan Stevens - Songs for Christmas

I've been looking for a good acoustic/folky Christmas album for 3-5 years now and haven't been able to find one. I stumbled across this one randomly browsing on Amazon, and it's exactly what I was looking for.

I bought this a couple of weeks ago but yeah it was THE SPECIAL/LIMITED EDITION of KATY PERRY'S TEENAGE DREAM! : ) with tshirt.

[quote name='DestroVega']you do know it's not going to sound totally like Daft Punk right? I've read interviews about how they didn't use synths because they won't be around much longer.[/QUOTE]

Synths won't be around much longer, or DAft Punk?

Well, Derezzed sure sounds like Daft Punk and if the rest of the album sounds anything near that then it's going to be awesome. I preordered the album off their site along with that sick poster, can't wait for that to come!

The album sounds... well it's definitely a soundtrack. Derezzed is the exception in terms of the style of music you will be getting. Daft should have something for next year though no? I mean it's been forever since Human After All.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Arjun A. Lucassen's Star One- Victims of the Modern Age[/QUOTE]

How is it? I only own his Ayreon stuff.

For me, most recent was Manticora - Safe.

I didn't know it was available, it definitely sounds like a score, Derezzed does not represent the rest of the soundtrack, but it's still good.

[quote name='tcrash247']Tombs - Fear Is The Weapon[/QUOTE]

Didn't know they had a new album out, how is it?
I saw them open up for Isis last year and was pretty impressed.

[quote name='kitlink']Didn't know they had a new album out, how is it?
I saw them open up for Isis last year and was pretty impressed.[/QUOTE]

It's actually not new, its just their first, self titled album repackaged with a few additional songs in the form of demos.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Godflesh - Streetcleaner (Two Disc Re-issue)[/QUOTE]

I forgot that was released recently, I need to go pick it up.

Haven't posted in a while...

Carcrashlander - Where To Swim (LP)
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III (Original LP)
Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz (2xLP)
Sufjan Stevens - Come On Feel The Illinoise! (2xLP)
Pink Floyd - The Wall (Original 2xLP)
Joy Division - Let The Movie Begin (Green Vinyl, #322/550)
Silversun Pickups - Carnavas (LP + 7")
Silversun Pickups - Swoon (Deluxe Box Set 2xLP
Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record (2xLP)
Cage - Depart From Me (LP)
Elvis Perkins - Doomsday (LP)
Of Montreal - False Priest (2xLP)
Sigur Ros - Takk...(2xLP + Etched 10")
Atlas Sound/Mexcellent - Fractal Trax/Cornbread Jungle Split (LP)
Liars - Sisterworld Deluxe Edition (2xLP)
Wolf Parade - At Mt. Zoomer (LP)
A Hawk And A Hacksaw - Deliverance (LP)
Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights (LP)
Explosions In The Sky - Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Live Forever (LP)
Band Of Horses - Everything All The Time (LP)

Just got my order from Polyvinyl today.

The M's - The M's (LP)
The M's - Real Close Ones (LP)
The M's - Future Women (LP)
Saturday Looks Good To Me - Cold Colors (Pink LP)
Saturday Looks Good To Me - All Your Summer Songs (LP)

PaulWeller-WakeUpTheNation.jpg

Pretty Hate Machine Amazon mp3 album for $1.99 (I had credit to use up, so was only 1.99 cash.)

Pretty Hate Machine on CD, because buying mp3's still feels like bullshit and piracy.

I feel very angsty after listening to it.

These should be coming in the mail today:

Jesu - Heartache & Dethroned
Bongzilla - Live From Relapse Contamination Festival
Minsk - Out Of A Center Which Is Neither Dead Nor Alive

bread's done
Back