What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

[quote name='kburns10']I wanted to! But the label had way too much say so on his CD. It came off as way more commercial than even he wanted.[/QUOTE]
Same way I felt. All the commercial dance songs in the album felt REALLY out of place for someone like Lupe.

I haven't bought a CD in years. I went to see You, Me, and Everyone We Know a while ago and their tour manager told me to go pirate their new album. I thought that was pretty cool, so I ended up just buying it (Some Things Don't Wash Out) because I really love them and I'd rather support a startup group.

[quote name='crunchewy']The Decemberists: The King is Dead

It's fantastic, though not actually a CD, rather an iTunes download.[/QUOTE]

The King is Dead is the best album of the year.

Anyone know of a good website besides Amazon to buy CD's. I had a really bad experience with Amazon lately after buying a CD and it makes me not want to even bother with them again.

I bought the cd brand new, the jewel case came scratched, broken (and part of the inside which could of damaged the CD), and there were not any pull here sticky labels on the album, like almost like it was used already. CD was in perfect condition luckily but the jewel care it came in was not and the damages were more than just a shipping problem. It was shipped in this condition.

I usually buy from the artist's own website. I also use a few specialty sites that sell only certain genres, but I don't know of another website that has a huge eclectic inventory such as Amazon.

So you'd say buying from the main source is the safest way? Any other record stores that would be recommended? I mean I have not had an issue with Amazon but I don't really buy albums online to begin with.

[quote name='refusedchaos']I find it the best way cause sometimes they have merch bundles or throw in free stuff[/QUOTE]

Yes, good point on that. A live Mastodon album came out today and their website had a cool bundle that's not available in stores, so I bought it from them.

I also prefer to buy directly from them because I feel (though it may not be true) that the artist gets the most from my money rather than buying from Amazon because I'm sure they get a cut somewhere.

Blue Stahli debut album.
BlueStahli_BlueStahli%202.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-2jNiVK86A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH-LlLBzxM8

[quote name='bardockkun']Does It Offend You, Yeah? - Don't Say We Didn't Warn You[/QUOTE]

Oh my god, I didn't know about this, I'm buying it on iTunes immediately.

Soundgarden - Live On I-5
Black Sabbath - Live at Last
Les Claypool's Frog Brigade - Live Frogs Set 1
Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses
Beck - Odelay

the Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis: Bold As Love (LP)
Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsys (LP)
the Allman Brothers Band - Brothers and Sisters (LP)

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Queens Of The Stone Age - Queens Of The Stone Age. Awesome album![/QUOTE]
The remastered version of that is due next month with three bonus tracks as a heads up.

[quote name='bardockkun']The remastered version of that is due next month with three bonus tracks as a heads up.[/QUOTE]

That's the one I got. I preordered it and it was delayed 2-3 times with a March 31st release, but I checked Amazon last night and that CD was delayed AGAIN but it's currently available for download now. I just bought that and canceled the preorder.

Horrorpops - Bring it On!
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
DangerDoom - The Mouse and the Mask

[quote name='crunchb3rry']That's the one I got. I preordered it and it was delayed 2-3 times with a March 31st release, but I checked Amazon last night and that CD was delayed AGAIN but it's currently available for download now. I just bought that and canceled the preorder.[/QUOTE]
Oh fucking nice! How's the quality? Was curious on picking that one up when it's out on CD.

The Strokes- Angles

I've been waiting for this one for soooo long. Favorite song is "Taken For A Fool" Have that thing on repeat thanks to the chorus.

Stendeck: Scintilla
Millipede: Powerless
Near the Parenthesis: Japanese for Beginners
SubtractiveLAD: Kindred
Empusae & Shinkiro: Organic Aural Ornaments
Port-Royal: 2000-2010: The Golden Age of Consumerism
Jerome Chassagnard: The Time From Underneath
the_empath: meanwhile

Does It Offend You, Yeah? - Don't Say We Didn't Warn You
Does It Offend You, Yeah? - The Monkeys Are Coming

The first one doesn't work in my computer though :bomb:

Radiohead - The King of Limbs (LP) with special art print (will post photo later).
Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble - Texas Flood (LP)

Pearl Jam- Vs., Vitalogy, Live album (3CD Deluxe)
Almost had a tear come down when Vs. started up on my drive home. I love that album so much.

Pearl Jam - Vs., Vitalogy, Live 3CD
Cavalera Conspiracy - Blunt Force Trauma Special Edition with Live DVD
Tool - Lateralus (2LP Picture Disc)
Deadmau5 - 4x4=12 (2LP)

The live Pearl Jam cd is pretty amazing, I'd argue to say the set is worth it for that alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Saint Vitus - Born Too Late
Howl - Full of Hell
The Atlas Moth - Hope For Atlantis 7"

And two random free demos from local bands.[/QUOTE]

Nice pickups so, was it your first time seeing Howl?

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Nice pickups so, was it your first time seeing Howl?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I hadn't heard much before but they put on a good set. Short as fuck though, they only got through around four songs due to the number of bands playing.

Picked these up today:

Grief - Come To Grief
The Obsessed - Lunar Womb
David Bowie - Heathen
Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Went Numb
Brutal Truth - Need To Control
Dismember - Massive Killing Capacity

Kind of an odd assortment.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Yea, I hadn't heard much before but they put on a good set. Short as fuck though, they only got through around four songs due to the number of bands playing.

Picked these up today:

Grief - Come To Grief
The Obsessed - Lunar Womb
David Bowie - Heathen
Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Went Numb
Brutal Truth - Need To Control
Dismember - Massive Killing Capacity

Kind of an odd assortment.[/QUOTE]

That was the major issue I had with that tour, because I don't really care for Helmet.

Definitely an odd assortment but, some great stuff especially Lunar Womb :applause:

foo Fighters- Wasting Light

They really did put part of the master tape into each copy. Cool little thing I've never seen another band do.

the Beatles - Let It Be (original Apple LP)
Black Sabbath - Paranoid (LP)
the Stills Young Band - Long May You Run (LP)
Miles Davis - "Four" & More (LP)

No Doubt - Rock Steady
Living Colour - Vivid
Sheryl Crow - Sheryl Crow and Friends: Live in Central Park
Tony Bennett - Playin' With My Friends: Tony Bennett Sings The Blues
Video Games Live: Level 2
Sailor Moon: Super Best

Surprised nobody posted anything for Record Store Day yet! I went to my first Record Store Day and they had a lot of cool stuff, even though most was pretty expensive ($60 for Mastodon's Live At The Aragon, no thanks). I didn't know they also gave you a nice bag with free shit too. At first I was like "Oh wow, free stuff, I wonder what they gave me." Then I realized why it's free, it's all garbage that I'll likely throw away. The only thing I wanted that my store didn't have was the Deftones Covers 12". But I got the following:

AC/DC - Shoot To Thrill/War Machine 7"
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Fire/Hot To Touch 7"
ZZ Top/Mastodon - Just Got Paid 7"
Foo Fighters - Medium Rare 12"
Tron Legacy Translucence 10" (they forgot to ring this one up, score!)

bread's done
Back