What was the last concert/show you went to?

the last show i saw was nothing to write home about, but the NEXT one...mmmmmmmmmmm. devildriver and napalm death on april 1st. i can't even begin to communicate my confusion on devildriver headlining over napalm death, though.

hed pe, the villebillies, and danny diablo: may of 07

going to see devildriver, napalm death, and 36 crazyfists in april

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']Last show I went to was Circa Survive, Fear Before the March of Flames, Dear and the Headlights; in Charlotte, NC.

It was awesome. I wish I had time to go to more shows though.[/QUOTE]

Jesus I'm so jealous of you. The tickets sold out at the San Francisco show before I had a chance to get them. Circa is in my top 3 bands of all time, so this is only the second time I've not seen them when they've come through on tour. *sigh*

Last show I saw was Minus the Bear with The Helio Sequence and some other random opening band at The Fillmore in SF. Rather impressed with THS since it was the first time I'd heard them. I ended up buying their newest CD after the show. MTB rocked the house though. They're also in my top 3, so I was really excited to see them.

Next show on the agenda is Pinback at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz and then Darkest Hour in Oakland (a little scarred of that one considering the last metal/hardcore show I went to I got punched in the face by a mosher.:headache: )

Misfits (Jerry Only, Dez, Robo) in October. Great show, though the crowd had some jackasses (the kind who are so into the main act that they boo and heckle the opening act). It was cool, they played lots of classic stuff and a bunch of stuff off the newer albums, and a couple Black Flag songs (Six Pack, Police Story). Jerry hung out by the merch table after the show till everyone left, chatting with anyone. He seemed really cool in the five minutes I chatted with him.
What sucks is I got a ticket for their show in November that was closer to me--but at noon that day I got hit with a 24 hour bug which knocked my ass out so I couldn't go.
Here's some pics from the show (yes the last one is with me).
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/dtcarson/DSC08545.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/dtcarson/DSC08552.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/dtcarson/DSC08565.jpg

My wife and a friend of hers saw Bang Camaro the other night. Her friend apparently went to high school or something with one of the guys in the band, so they went backstage and did the whole after party thing (ie, they all went out to a local bar to finish the evening.)

[quote name='red flare graf']Tiger Army last Monday. Not what I expected when I was told Psychobilly.. (hadn't really heard them before). Not bad, though.[/QUOTE]

They're more of a pop or synth Psychobilly. Their music is good, but it's really harmonic pop music with a touch of old rockabilly influence. If you listen to Demented Are Go/Meteors/Frantic Flintstones typically, Tiger Army could be really off-putting, I'd think.

Did Revolution Mother open for them? They're pretty good in that Dwarves/Hookers/Nashville Pussy way: just straight up rock n' fuckin' roll.

I saw Tiger Army last Saturday, and aside from the above two, I can't recall the other opening act. They were 110% forgettable.

There's a Psycho fest 'round here tonight which I may go to. I'm not familiar with the acts (Corpse Show Creeps are the headliners), though.

Other upcoming shows I want to go to include Horrorpops and Tegan & Sara.

[quote name='mykevermin']Did Revolution Mother open for them?[/quote]

You know, I'm not even sure.. I made it a point to show up late so I'd just catch Tiger Army. That name sounds familiar though, like they might've done a shout out for them.

last show was Big D and the Kids Table in providence, and before that was the wreck the halls christmas show with Street Dogs, Darkbuster, Death & Taxes, and Jason Bennett and the Resistance.

Hmmm, I went to a Rise Against and Pennywise show during December. There were more people in the beer line than in the actual audience, haha, luckily I knew someone who was working for security so I just cut to the front of the line. Good concert.

Sadly, the last concert for me was Black Label Society back on the Mafia tour (nov 06 I think). They kicked ass, just a shame it's been so long since I've seen a show. Would love to catch Mushroomhead next time they come around. They always put on a hell of a show, especially before they got signed. Also thinking of catching some classic rock this summer, ala Tom Petty, Rush, and Tesla.

last show I went to was video games live on 1/24/08 and last one before that was operator, seether, finger eleven, and breaking benjamin at my local fair grounds.
Next concert im going to is seether, three days grace, and breaking benjamin on the 3rd of march.

[quote name='red flare graf']Wait, all in the same show? That's weird.[/quote]

weird as it may be, im not complaining

Siouxsie Sioux
@ The Fillmore/Irving Plaza in NYC
Friday, February 8

75 minutes of music (and no opener) for $60, and the bulk of the setlist was songs from her new solo CD. I was a bit disappointed.

Down @ the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ

Saturday, February 9

They were the only band to play and they played 2 and a half hours of fucking metal. \m/

[quote name='Warlock TCK']Down @ the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ

Saturday, February 9

They were the only band to play and they played 2 and a half hours of fucking metal. \m/[/quote]

Yep, they came through here on the 22nd I think it was.. Good shit.

[quote name='bmachine']Siouxsie Sioux
@ The Fillmore/Irving Plaza in NYC
Friday, February 8

75 minutes of music (and no opener) for $60, and the bulk of the setlist was songs from her new solo CD. I was a bit disappointed.[/QUOTE]

OW. Sorry about that.

Warped tour the sammer before last. It was fucking sick, I got NoFX's playlist.

And yes, it does make me feel old going there, but I don't give a shit as I'm still one of the baddest ass punks in the pit, (yeah, all 5"9" 160 lbs of me!)

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Saw Van Halen last year. I'll be seeing the Foo Fighters and AVA in a couple of weeks. are a day after eachother[/quote]

Same here. I saw Van Halen in San Jose in December. Good show!

i saw louis XIV,Hot Hot Heat and the editiors last week in seattle, and thursday i am seeing Sonata Arctica, and monday its MANSON!!!

Wow, so it has been a LONG time. I *think* the last concert I went to was U2 in Phoenix around 1997-1998. My boss gave me his tickets since he was going out of town. Otherwise he was a total jackass but this made up for one day of his douchbaggery in any case...

[quote name='CrimGhost']Hannah Montana featuring Mayhem[/quote]

That's awesome, I'm hoping to catch them when they roll through here.

Dax Riggs was the shit. I didn't know what to expect, dude is amazing though.

The last show I saw was Megadeth at the Rave in Milwaukee. I think it was sometime in October? I can't remember exactly. Great show though! I really want to start getting out to more shows, but I never can keep track of when anyone I really want to see is coming around here.

[quote name='xeno']i saw louis XIV, Hot Hot Heat and the editors last week in seattle...and monday its MANSON!!![/quote]
Saw both of those shows when they came through NYC a few weeks back. Both were fun in their own right, although Manson isn't quite the rock spectacle he once was. Good to see Twiggy back in the band, at least.

[quote name='Mid Boss']I really want to start getting out to more shows, but I never can keep track of when anyone I really want to see is coming around here.[/quote]
Sign up for a free account at www.pollstar.com. You can flag up to 10 bands/venues and they'll send you emails when new tour dates are announced. The weekly show alerts from www.livenation.com and www.ticketmaster.com are both good sources of info, as well.

Nightmare of You
Webster Theater, Hartford, CT
3/5/08

Not too many $10 shows coming through lately but this one was great.

Smiths fans: if you're not familiar with NOY, you should give them a whirl.

I saw Emmy the Great and Lightspeed Champion today. Both were fantastic.

Heard some new songs from both, and I got Emmy to sign my EP of her's. :D:D:D

I had a very busy weekend!

Friday, March 14
Black Sun Fest IV (Day 1)
Toad's Place, New Haven, CT
- Hungry Lucy
- Ceesium_137
- Iris
- Attrition
- Seabound

Saturday, March 15
Black Sun Fest IV (Day 2)
Toad's Place, New Haven, CT
- Son of Rust
- Ego Likeness
- Behind the Scenes
- The Azoic
- Zombie Girl
- Assemblage 23

Sunday, March 16
- Shiny Toy Guns
Webster Theater, Hartford, CT

Last Friday - Flogging Molly at the House of Blues - fuckING INCREDIBLE SHOW!!!! The whole fucking place smelled of guinness and people were just dancing in the aisles and on the floor.

[quote name='xeno']i saw the pillows again /noodles for the first time / stereo future again in Seattle on Wednesday night[/quote]

Wait, The Pillows as in the japanese rock band? If so, fuck how did I miss that. What venue?

bread's done
Back