What was the last concert/show you went to?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Wait, The Pillows as in the japanese rock band? If so, fuck how did I miss that. What venue?[/quote]

What I want to know is, they're in the states!?!?!?!?!

Recently saw The Bled, From First To Last, August Burns Red and Every Time I Die 2 weeks ago back in San Antonio for the Take Action Tour.

Amazing, amazing, show.

My fiancee got free tickets for the Kid Rock show in Roanoke, VA Tuesday night. As expected, it was awesome and terrible all at the same time.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']What I want to know is, they're in the states!?!?!?!?![/QUOTE]

They played SXSW last weekend, they are in New York tonight and Anime Boston tomorrow. The Pillows usually play a few dates in the states every year now, usually around SXSW, most of the time it's SF, Seattle, New York, and I think Chicago.

[quote name='rabbitt']I'll be seeing Crystal Castes tonight. Haven't been this excited in a long while.[/quote]

Nice...didn't even know that they were touring. Thanks for the tip.
They've got a couple of nearby NY dates next week that I may have get in on.

[quote name='bmachine']Nice...didn't even know that they were touring. Thanks for the tip.
They've got a couple of nearby NY dates next week that I may have get in on.[/QUOTE]

No prob. I'll be posting pictures over the weekend, if I can.

I've only ever been to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra this past Christmas. My husband surprised me with tickets the week before Christmas as a Christmas/birthday present(my birthday is two days after x-mas). It was awesome. My eardrums were numb with contentment for a week.

[quote name='bmachine']Nightmare of You
Webster Theater, Hartford, CT
3/5/08

Not too many $10 shows coming through lately but this one was great.

Smiths fans: if you're not familiar with NOY, you should give them a whirl.[/quote]
NOY just makes me miss The Movielife.

It's been a long time since my last concert. The next one is Bamboozle Left (featuring H2O, Face To Face, Saves The Day, Alkaline Trio, New Found Glory, Less Than Jake, and a ton more). It's essentially Warped Tour 1999 all over again. I'm actually "working" the show, which equates to me taking a few pictures and hanging out with friends. Should be awesome.

hmm.. well..

i'll be going to

Eve 6 apr 9th
bouncing souls apr 16th
nofx/nufan/american steel may 2nd
pennywise/strung out may 5th
time again sometime in may
mike ness sometime in may
revern horton heat in june

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Wait, The Pillows as in the japanese rock band? If so, fuck how did I miss that. What venue?[/quote]

YEs as in the japanese rock band, they played at club motor which is after the showbox sodo and one of those buildings between krispy kreme and star bucks. and they were awsome just like last time .

The Australian Pink Floyd Show

I can only say this due to the current age of PF members, but they are better than the real thing. The bass was fantastically life threatening in its volume

Shake (Very good friend of mine and his girlfriend playing scuzzy garage rock); The Coke Dares (local jokey punk group, play 30 songs w/ introductions in 30 minutes); Kelley Stoltz (Seattle indie pop guy); and The Dirtbombs (who I just can't recommend highly enough).

Last concert: Yo La Tengo at the Dallas Museum of Art on March 15.

Un-fucking-believable. I mean, Yo La Tengo is always awesome, but when they're inviting audience members on-stage to "jam"... well, you know you're watching something special.

Next concert: I'm going to see Malkmus next month, finally. I'm thinking about going to see Mike Doughty before that, though, since lately I haven't been able to stop listening to Soul Coughing.

March 4: Linkin Park
March 6: Foo Fighters

Next up I'm trying to get tickets for flyleaf/seether and I missed out on Bad Religion. Also planning on going to the family values tour and another Foo Fighters concert in july.

The Booze. It was almost a month ago at Snug Harbor in Charlotte, NC. ROCKING good show!!!

Saw Tokyo Police Club last week, surprisingly awesome for a band that hasn't even released a full-length quite yet. They had some lights effects, and a fully rehearsed, awesome line-up of songs. Highly recommended

Got really cheap tickets (free) from a friend to see Trace Adkins. I really liked him on the last Apprentice and he really isn't half bad.

He's coming by in a month I believe.

[quote name='urzishra14']hmm.. well..

i'll be going to

Eve 6 apr 9th
bouncing souls apr 16th
nofx/nufan/american steel may 2nd
pennywise/strung out may 5th
time again sometime in may
mike ness sometime in may
revern horton heat in june[/quote]

I thought Eve 6 broke up?

I just came back from seeing the Black Keys at the Wiltern. This is my fourth time seeing them. I was pleased to see that they've stepped up their live show a bit. It's not as raw as it used to be but that's actually a good thing at this point, they needed a change. Dan actually switches from guitar to keyboard/synth at one point!

Saw Brother Ali with Toki Wright, Abstract Rude, DJ BK One and Black Madeen(I think) last Friday.

Got to meet 'em all afterwards and Brother Ali's probably the nicest guy ever.

I scored 4 sets of tickets to Pearl Jam in June - two in Camden and two in NYC. I'll probably try and sell one of the sets to one of the NYC shows. If I can get $400 for a pair it will help subsidize the rest of the shows...

I was supposed to see Minus the Bear last night, but they canceled due to sickness.

At least I'm seeing Explosions in the Sky tomorrow night...and then heading somewhere else to catch Joe Beats.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']
At least I'm seeing Explosions in the Sky tomorrow night...[/QUOTE]

Nice. Tell me how that goes.

The last I saw was Soilwork/Devildrive/Lamb of God/Killswitch Engage at the Hammerstein Ballroom.
Amaazzzzzing show.

Next is In Flames/Job for a cowboy/Children of bodom/Megadeth(which i don't like, i hate that they're headlining).

Can't wait to see in Flames though.

[quote name='Liquid 2']The just saw the LEGENDARY Roots for the second time. Still amazing.

The Octopus Project opened for them.[/QUOTE]

Wow. That sounds fucking great. How was the Octopus Project?

And please don't spoil anything about the Roots. :)

Just saw Explosions in the Sky tonight. Great, and sometimes moving, show. Well worth the $16.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Wow. That sounds fucking great. How was the Octopus Project?

And please don't spoil anything about the Roots. :)

Just saw Explosions in the Sky tonight. Great, and sometimes moving, show. Well worth the $16.[/QUOTE]

The Octopus project wasn't bad, but they just couldn't capture the audience like the Roots did. I did enjoy their last "wall of noise" song though, but you could see the pain in the hiphop-heads eyes. :lol:

I forgot to mention that the show was free. :cool:

bread's done
Back