What was the last concert/show you went to?

Phantogram and CHVRCHES played a free outdoor show in Philly yesterday. I like both bands and they put on a good show, but goddamn were the people that went fucking annoying shithead hipsters. They were hula hooping in the middle of the crowd. HULA HOOPING I SAY. It was free so I can't complain much, but I would much rather have payed to see them inside at a regular venue.
I was tempted to go there, but since it was free i thought it would be too packed to really see them, or enjoy it much.

I figure i will have more fun at the Radio 104.5 birthday show next weekend with my pit tickets =]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was tempted to go there, but since it was free i thought it would be too packed to really see them, or enjoy it much.

I figure i will have more fun at the Radio 104.5 birthday show next weekend with my pit tickets =]
Yeah, good call. If I knew how it was going to be (it was my first time going to one of these) I would have skipped it too. That show will be better since it will be people who actually want to be there for the music instead of fuckheads that go cause FREE SHOW BRO.

Phantogram and CHVRCHES played a free outdoor show in Philly yesterday. I like both bands and they put on a good show, but goddamn were the people that went fucking annoying shithead hipsters. They were hula hooping in the middle of the crowd. HULA HOOPING I SAY. It was free so I can't complain much, but I would much rather have payed to see them inside at a regular venue.
Damn. Wish i were there. Can't stop listening to both their albums. Was going to see CHVRCHES in NYC last night but couldn't get anyone to go with me.

Damn. Wish i were there. Can't stop listening to both their albums. Was going to see CHVRCHES in NYC last night but couldn't get anyone to go with me.
Yes, I love both their albums too. I know what you mean, my friends aren't into that kind of music. Luckily I have 2 sisters that are into that stuff so they go to those shows with me.

I saw them like a week ago. It was super fucking boring. It was 45 minutes of guys pushing buttons and Lauren singing in a sulken manner and saying thanks in between each song.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I saw Haim tonight and they were fucking excellent. Those girls have a stage presence and know how to put on a rock show.

Well, I don't expect electronic music acts to have an awesome stage presence or act. I would imagine Massive Attack didn't have the live thing down when they first started either.

I saw them like a week ago. It was super fucking boring. It was 45 minutes of guys pushing buttons and Lauren singing in a sulken manner and saying thanks in between each song.
They're an electronic act and what they do live is basically push buttons and jump around, so I'm not quite sure what you expected?

tcrash, are you going to see either OFF!/Cerebral Ballzy or Red Fang/Big Business shows in Philly?
I don't know those first 2 bands and I wasn't planning on seeing Red Fang. I like them and the Troc but getting there sucks. I usually take the speedline out of NJ since parking blows but I don't like to do that solo.

OFF! is Keith Morris still being ultra angry and writing 2 minute long incredible hardcore punk tracks that seem close to 1984 than 2014.

Fair about the Troc. I'm 5 Septa stops away from there, so getting into Center City is never an issue. Buddy of mine recently turned me onto Big Business so I'm really stoked to see them.

Saw Black Label Society with Down, Devil You Know and Butcher Babies. I went to see BLS and Down, didn't care about the other two.

Butcher Babies started the show off, and the were horrible. Pretty much screamo with one note guitar.

Devil You Know is for fans of Killswitch Engage, if you like Killswitch then you will like them.

Down was a mixed bag. While the music Down played was good, my god Phil is a fuck ing asshole. He often times called the fans asshole out of nowhere, just made rude remarks all night, would not shut the fuck up, even when he was supposed to be off stage. Yeah the venue is small and out of nowhere but god.

Black Label Society was fuck ing amazing. For a small theater that has room for 1800 people, he had at least 20 marshall cabinets. Played like crazy, also at one part did a 6-7 minute guitar solo of just shredding like crazy. Defiantly recommend him.

Heading down to Rock on the Range this weekend (3rd year in a row). I know what you're saying about Phil.. I'm a huge fan of his music but he needs to STFU and play sometimes. We are definitely skipping Butcher Babies in favor of Reignwolf in the same time slot. I've heard nothing but good things about RW from people who caught them at Sabbath shows. Only other conflict all weekend is we're catching THC over Avatar and I'll be getting shit for choosing Pretty Reckless over Exodus but the rest of that tour is closing out Saturday night (Suicial Tendencies, Slayer).

Also.. Riot Fest lineup is absolutely killer, anyone going?

Went to a dj set by Ethan Kath (Crystal Castles) last night. A fun little show. Nothing specific that stood out. Given the guys proffesion it wasn't surprising that his transitions were smoothe and he knew how to get the crowd to respond  by not leaving any slow moments. The beat was always there. As a CC fan I of course wanted to hear the mixes of the original material interjected. Got a little bit from each album. The ferocious mix of Baptism was my favorite.

Crowd was active. I personally find that the electronic scnene is a bit macho as it has fully been accepted by the mainstream and well... it just doesn't feel like everybody was there to genuinely enjoy the music but more for what such an event means or stands for (hey lets pretend it's Jersey Shore). Sorry, I'm going off track here. Most of the folks were  fine. I also noticed the drummer for CC live shows was there. Wonder what he's doing as he isn't playing. Eh, probably just having fun traveling the old continent.

About Phil Anselmo: Glad when I saw him he didn't have the need to go on tirades. I'll be seeing Down in the summer again so we'll see how that goes. By the way I thought that most of his ranting was a thing of the past. Like mainly when he was messed up on drugs.

2nd edit: Riot Fest does look awesome. Better than Lolla in my opinion. But I 'm not in Chitown during that time so...

Dave Matthews Band.

Really good show. I love the two set, one acoustic, one electric, format they're doing this year. They played mostly older songs too which was great. Caught a few for the first time despite it being the 17th time I've seen them dating back to 1996.

About Phil Anselmo: Glad when I saw him he didn't have the need to go on tirades. I'll be seeing Down in the summer again so we'll see how that goes. By the way I thought that most of his ranting was a thing of the past. Like mainly when he was messed up on drugs.

2nd edit: Riot Fest does look awesome. Better than Lolla in my opinion. But I 'm not in Chitown during that time so...
I think the thing with Phil is he played in basically a very small city in PA. Down will probably never come back there so he really didn't have to give a shit about the fans. Then again the fans were drunk rednecks mostly so, lol...

Last show I saw was Stir Fried. If your into Grateful Dead, check them out if they ever come around. Nothing super amazing but they did some pretty good jams.

Last concert I went to was No Doubt at Universal for their push shove tour. I would definitely see them again, sound awesome in person

Nine Inch Nails last night. Damn good. And I'm not that familiar with their material aside from The Downward Spiral and a handful of tracks off their other albums. Liked the stage set up which had  a wall for showing off lights that was up high when the band was playing their rocky tunes and was down directly behind them when they were playing their more synthy tunes like "Find My Way".

On a side note I'm interested what the drummer touring for NIN will bring to Angles and Airwaves. He was doing everything. Playing drums, bass, guitar. Tom Delonge always gets lucky finding good percussionists.

Nine Inch Nails last night. Damn good. And I'm not that familiar with their material aside from The Downward Spiral and a handful of tracks off their other albums. Liked the stage set up which had a wall for showing off lights that was up high when the band was playing their rocky tunes and was down directly behind them when they were playing their more synthy tunes like "Find My Way".

On a side note I'm interested what the drummer touring for NIN will bring to Angles and Airwaves. He was doing everything. Playing drums, bass, guitar. Tom Delonge always gets lucky finding good percussionists.
I'm glad you liked it! I took my sister who didn't know them at all besides their hits to one of their shows and she loved it. I'm seeing them again in July, which will be my 4th time, with Soundgarden and I can't wait.

Lindsey Stirling on Monday and Paramore/Fall out Boy last night. Both were enjoyable.

Randomly checked tickets for the FOB show on Sunday and they must have released more pit tickets since there were 3 available. Searched again after buying and the best seats were back near the lawn, so good timing.

Also looking forward to the NIN show at end of July.(pit tix too, weee)

I went to see Fall Out Boy/Paramore last Tuesday. Amazing show. Too bad I didn't win the meet and greet tickets from my local radio station. I'm seeing Rusted Root tonight also (which I conveniently won)! I'm excited :D

Agalloch in Detroit last night. Second time I've seen them. Two albums have since passed and the crowd seems to be getting a little bigger. Good for them because they deserve it.

I went to the Paramore and Fall Out Boy show as well, but with VIP tickets which was super rad. I got to meet Fall Out Boy!

I'm also very very excited for Warped Tour this Thursday, it's going to be super rad.

I also went to the Paramore/FOB tour. Seem FOB twice before, great as always. Hayley Williams is a monster up there. Amazing front(wo)man.

Just got back from the Scranton date of Warped Tour. 

Has been a yearly tradition since '09 to go! A bit red, but enjoyed it very much.

Went to Mayhem Fest 2014 last night! Saw Avenged Sevenfold, Korn, Trivium, Asking Alexandria, Canibal Corpse, Ill Niño, and a bunch of other bands. Amazing time!

Went to Mayhem Fest 2014 last night! Saw Avenged Sevenfold, Korn, Trivium, Asking Alexandria, Canibal Corpse, Ill Niño, and a bunch of other bands. Amazing time!
Ah super jealous. I love seeing A7X live. I've seen them three or four times. Easily my favorite live band.

I saw The Fray last night at a small venue (Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater). Fantastic show. They played for a long time too. Probably 1.5 hours easy

Neutral Milk Hotel. They played all of In The Aeroplane Over The Sea and about half of On Avery Island, as well as a couple other songs. Jeff Mangum sounded as good as ever. 

Ah super jealous. I love seeing A7X live. I've seen them three or four times. Easily my favorite live band.

I saw The Fray last night at a small venue (Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater). Fantastic show. They played for a long time too. Probably 1.5 hours easy
Saw the Fray last weekend, Their show got merged with Neon Trees, who went on last. Good stuff.

saw BB King the other day.

Lets put it this way, I went because he is 88 and not because I expected a good show, lol. He talking like an old grandpa for most of the concert, telling stories, barely playing songs. Concert lasted about an hour and well that was because he had to leave for bedtime, lol.

If you ever consider it, go to see him if you want to see him because you may never get the chance. Not for music.

NIN/Soundgarden on Wednesday.

Vandals/Pennywise/Bad Religion/Offspring Saturday.

Had pit tickets for NIN, was surprised to find seats in there. Didn't mind it since numbers we had were the front row =]

NIN/Soundgarden on Wednesday.

Vandals/Pennywise/Bad Religion/Offspring Saturday.

Had pit tickets for NIN, was surprised to find seats in there. Didn't mind it since numbers we had were the front row =]
I went to that NIN/SG show as well and was equally shocked to see seats. I've never seen seats instead of a pit there. Fantastic show.

Brutal Assault 2014 just ended last night.

The bands which I saw were:

Obituary

Red Fang

Slayer

Feastem

Inquisition (I love these guys)

The Devin Townsend Project (Is this fellow the nicest guy or what)

Amon Amarth (Cool stage prop. This band is very tight. Awesome)

Sodom

Repulsion

Sick of it All (Terrible. Must have loved Limp Bizkit and Crazy Town cause that's all that was going through my head while this band bro'd it up) edit- Iooks like these guys have been around for quite some time... opinion still stands.

Krabathor

Down (Yes! I can see why people would think Phil was a dick but I personally like his style of communicating with the crowd. He was being positive and showing appreciation... in his kind of way)

Jesu (Justin Broadrick is a genius. I also love the crowd this band attracts. No macho BS)

It's been a few hours since I saw Blink-182 after several years. What can I say? Travis is still awesome, Mark is Mark and Tom still can't sing in tune. Happy with the playlist that leaned on the untitled album and they also played more different Neighborhoods material then when I saw them last, aside from the obvious Up All Night. Toss in a random Misfits cover too which caught me off guard.

I was pumped up to see their fuck fire sign was used again after being away for more than a decade. A silly thing but it brought a smile to my face.

I've got a ticket for Uproar Fest in Noblesville, IN this Sunday. Godsmack, Seether, Skillet, and a few other bands are playing. My cousin can't go, so I've got an extra. If you're interested, just PM me, we can work out the price.

I'm going no matter what, so I'll let you guys know how it was on Sunday night. I've been waiting to see Godsmack for a long time, so I'm pumped.

I remember Godsmack were pretty good live. I guess it was 10+ years ago when I saw them. First time was with Staind and 2nd time at some bigger festival.

I think I've seen Godsmack 4 times. They've never been the sole reason I've decided to go to any of those shows, but they always put on a good set. Much better live than on CD, imo.

bread's done
Back