What was the last concert/show you went to?

I won an invite for myself and my fiance to go see Live perform in-studio at the local radio station tomorrow.  I've never been a huge fan of theirs, but never really disliked them either, so it should be an interesting experience.  Will update tomorrow night on if it sucked or not.

Trentemoller last Friday I think. Good show.

DJ Krush tonight. Absolutely phenomenal. I've never heard a better DJ set in my life. I dig his material but this ridiculous mix of DJ Shadow's 'Organ Donor' just had me smiling. I love that Krush is very active on the turntables. No press play for awesome nonsense. This guy is in the thick of things. Highly recommend to anybody. Even if you are a casual listener or haven't heard him at all.

I saw Steve-O last Friday doing stand-up. I'm a big Jackass fan and missed him two years ago when he was around here since he started doing tours as I didn't know he was trying stand-up comedy back then. I had reservations since the man is used to getting his laughs from his stunts and general shenanigans but man was I pleasantly surprised. Dude was hilarious, he absolutely nailed it and had the whole place in hysterics. Great stories, was very in tune with the crowd and his interactions with fans was funny. He's over 6 years sober now and it shows. The show lasted for over an hour and was cool from start to finish. There were a few dumbfuck rude assholes that interrupted the set by talking (this was my first time attending a comedy show and even I knew you don't run your mouth in a show like this) but security had them out quick. He was cool about one instance as he must have asked that couple over 3 different times to stop as he didn't want to see them thrown out but they just ignored him and finally started to argue with him in the middle of the set. They ended up getting kicked after their third or fourth time interrupting and he was nice enough to work out a deal with the remainder of their party that wasn't being dicks that they could come back to the next show free or charge if they didn't carry on that way again and was even nice enough to extend the offer to the remaining group that was associated with the kick ones they could also come back free.

Very classy guy too, he says he always sticks around after shows and will not leave until everyone that would like to meet him gets to. He also is the self-proclaimed selfie king and will take pics with anyone and everyone and will do so as long as it takes in case you don't like the one you take with him. He later uploads all of them to his site and you're free to download it from there and he isn't kidding when he says he gets it up there pronto as I found ours barely 2 hours later after the show ended. If you like Steve-O, Jackass or hell just want to see what a stand-up show is like I highly recommend checking him out on tour sometime as it's so worth it. Like I said, I was a little on the fence about it but he really impressed me with his show as well as his personality.

Trentemoller last Friday I think. Good show.

DJ Krush tonight. Absolutely phenomenal. I've never heard a better DJ set in my life. I dig his material but this ridiculous mix of DJ Shadow's 'Organ Donor' just had me smiling. I love that Krush is very active on the turntables. No press play for awesome nonsense. This guy is in the thick of things. Highly recommend to anybody. Even if you are a casual listener or haven't heard him at all.
I saw Trentemoller last December, and the show was great.

Just got back from Australian Pink Floyd. If you like Pink Floyd, go see them. They are spot on from the light show, the video screen, the authentic stage props, everything. Sound almost exactly like them, and put on a hell of a show.

The crowd was fuck ing abysmal, well at least where I was sitting. I was surrounded by loud obnoxious drunks who would not shut the fuck up, the whole damn show. I was almost tempted to leave after set one, that's how annoying they were. I stayed the rest of the show and I am glad I did because they played awesome shit, but still...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw King Diamond earlier tonight.  It was an awesome show all around.  His vocals still sound great for being close to 60.   I highly recommend going if he's playing somewhere near you.

Saw Weezer two weekends ago. Good stuff - impressed that bassist played with a cast on.
I guess you could say everything was alright in the end... eh. Stupid joke I know.
Would totally love to see them during this tour though. New album is actually full of material I would like to hear live.

Saw Primus 2 weekends ago. Amazing!!! Just...wow.
I thought about going to the Philly show, but I don't like Willy Wonka or their interpretation of the soundtrack. I figured it wouldn't be worth it to spend all that money to see one set of normal Primus songs, plus Philly usually gets crap setlists and that held true for the show this tour. I need 2 hands to count the amount of times I've heard Here Come The Bastards and Southbound Pachyderm live.

Nobody has seen anyone live recently? :(

I saw Inquisition last night. Finally as the headliner. The other two times were at a festival. Really like their brand of black metal

104.5 Winter Jam this weekend. 

Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness

Walk the Moon

Cold War Kids

Gaslight Anthem

First two were pretty good.

Was supposed to rain/snow so luckily that held off.

My sister tried like hell to get tickets but to no avail.
Yea, i got lucky the first time they were available. They didn't put them up at 12 or whatever , and wound up going live at a random time like 12:37. I was able to check every couple mins so i scored due to less competition at that point.

Yea, i got lucky the first time they were available. They didn't put them up at 12 or whatever , and wound up going live at a random time like 12:37. I was able to check every couple mins so i scored due to less competition at that point.
Yeah, she was extremely pissed with that first one.

I thought about going to the Philly show, but I don't like Willy Wonka or their interpretation of the soundtrack. I figured it wouldn't be worth it to spend all that money to see one set of normal Primus songs, plus Philly usually gets crap setlists and that held true for the show this tour. I need 2 hands to count the amount of times I've heard Here Come The Bastards and Southbound Pachyderm live.
Yea, I would have rather the whole show be just Primus and no Willy Wonka stuff. But it was my first time getting to see them live, so I was happy either way. Definately going to see them again next time they come close though!

Yea, I would have rather the whole show be just Primus and no Willy Wonka stuff. But it was my first time getting to see them live, so I was happy either way. Definately going to see them again next time they come close though!
Primus is coming to Hershey, PA and it's tempting. Then again I don't know if $37.50 for the cheapest seats (would pay to get better ones) is worth the price and the almost 2 hour drive.

Then again saving my money because Rush is coming to Philadelphia and I would like to catch them on their last tour, even with the 2 hour drive both ways.

Primus is coming to Hershey, PA and it's tempting. Then again I don't know if $37.50 for the cheapest seats (would pay to get better ones) is worth the price and the almost 2 hour drive.

Then again saving my money because Rush is coming to Philadelphia and I would like to catch them on their last tour, even with the 2 hour drive both ways.
If you like Willy Wonka and their take on it, then it's definitely worth it. If not, then you should probably pass. Although I say this as someone who has seen Primus 5 times so I don't mind missing them.

I'm trying to decide whether I want to go to Rush in Philly or Faith No More, I probably can't swing both. Did Rush say this was their last tour?

Just found this thread.

Pitchfork chicago was my last show.

I wanted to see meg myers, but it didn't work out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxbQllntAqg

It's been a while since i've been to one and just saw this thread. The last outdoor rock festival just happened to have a surprise guest. Head showed up to play Blind with Korn. At that time it was the first that they have been together since the split that last around 5 years. Rolling Stones and guitar world did some articles on it. 

I got lucky with that.

if you want to check out the clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ1BWztI3ck

Also got to meet P.O.D. the lead singer Sonny is super nice and friendly.

Are you on the Bullboard?

Saw a Czech artisit named Raduza 3 days back. Not something I could necessarily recommend to you guys. Lyrics are a big part of the enjoyment.

MORE IMPORTANTLY - I just bought tickets to see Steven Wilson in April. You know, the main fellow from Porcupine Tree. Probably will be the best thing I see this year.

Few days back was the Steven Wilson concert. It's such a professional show. Precise playing and lots of video footage to expand on the music. It was nice to also hear a few Porcupine Tree songs for us who have been long time fans.

A+

I forgot to add that on February 27th, I went and saw Willie Nelson and Family, which was a damn good show. They only played for an hour and a half, but come on. The man's soon to be 83. Anyone who can make it to 83 and still be touring is doing pretty well in my book. They played at the Tabernacle in Atlanta. We knew we were in the right place, because we could tell that people were dancing with Mary Jane before we even got into the Tabernacle.

Sleater Kinney. Good show. Janet Weiss kills it on drums. Didn't stay for the encore because I was tired. Their opening act was pretty bad IMO. Did absolutely nothing for me.

Dragonforce and Kamelot. Enjoyed it. Apparently got the honor of first show on tour because last night's Baltimore one got canceled for obvious reasons.

Have tickets to airborne toxic event + others this weekend, but prob will wind up not going.

Just got back from Mastodon, Clutch and Graveyard.

Graveyard was really good. Mastodon was amazing. Clutch was great, but most of the decent people left after Mastodon and the crowd was essentially left with drunk annoying rednecks because fuck ing Pennsyltucky. All of them had really high energy throughout the night which was nice considering from the time the show started till the time all the bands finished, it was over four hours.

I liked how each band just shut the fuck up and played especially since the set times were limited.

Faith No More last night in Philly. Good show, band sounded great. Mike Patton is awesome.
Ditto.

tDkcC3E.jpg

Last show I saw was 2 years ago Sunday in the Country in Maryland. Florida Georgia Line and some other people were there.

Going to Nashville next weekend for a bachelor party and it just happens to be CMA Country Music Festival. Probably check out abunch of the free concerts.

Couldn't tell but I'm actually more into older rap/hip hop then country.

went to see Slipknot last month in Pelham, AL. July 18th and 19th there is an ALL NEW music festival at the sloss haunted furnace in Birmingham, AL with AMAZING artist announced (Big Gigantic,  Modest Mouse, The Avett Brothers, Band of Horses, Primus, St Paul & The Broken Bones, Cage the Elephant, Tyler the Creator, and many more !!!) I am sooooo damn stoked for SlossFest, I feel like a teenage highscooler again hahaha.

Saw Foo Fighters this past Monday.  For having a broken leg, Dave can still put on a killer performance.  It's my third time seeing them and this was probably the best.  It's a good 2 weeks for shows for me.  I have 311 Sunday and Primus Thursday.  The 90's are the best.

Unfortunately, I have yet to attend a concert this year. The last two I attended: NIN/Soundgarden in August 2014 (my first time seeing either band live) and Lacuna Coil in September (my third time seeing them).

bread's done
Back