What was the last concert/show you went to?

Last concert I went to was the Glow in the Dark Tour on 4/18 in Sacramento.

Next one for me is Rock the Bells on 8/16 in Mountain View.

I saw Aimee Mann for free at Amoeba tonight. It was a pretty short set just like the last time she played there but hey it's free so I can't complain.

:lol: This was a small bar - better than the video set for the ST "Possessed to Skate" video.

Though god only knows how many shows I've been to in similar venues.

What did you think of Hellnation (Bellevue, KY repreSENT!)? I believe they probably played about 80 songs in a 35 minute set. The only bands offhand I can think of that have shorter songs on the whole are Dropdead and Agathocles.

[quote name='mykevermin']:lol: This was a small bar - better than the video set for the ST "Possessed to Skate" video.

What did you think of Hellnation (Bellevue, KY repreSENT!)? I believe they probably played about 80 songs in a 35 minute set. The only bands offhand I can think of that have shorter songs on the whole are Dropdead and Agathocles.[/quote]

What about Sore Throat? Though I guess you'd be hard pressed to call those songs.

[quote name='Gentlegamer']UP THE IRONS!
[/QUOTE]

I'm going 6/11 in Chicago. Can't wait.
Last saw them on the Brave New Word tour with Queensryche and Rob Halford.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']What about Sore Throat? Though I guess you'd be hard pressed to call those songs.[/QUOTE]

Well, yes. I'm also trying to navigate through 3 new emails every five minutes and build a course syllabus, so I'm not really giving this that much thought. ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']:lol: This was a small bar - better than the video set for the ST "Possessed to Skate" video.

What did you think of Hellnation (Bellevue, KY repreSENT!)? I believe they probably played about 80 songs in a 35 minute set. The only bands offhand I can think of that have shorter songs on the whole are Dropdead and Agathocles.[/QUOTE]

Hellnation was awesome, I'll have to pick up one of their albums(see setlist here http://www.returntothepit.com/pictures.php?id=440957). Macabre was just awful live, they seemed like they really didn't want to play. Blood Duster and Impaled were fucking amazing, and Nuclear Assault thrashed everyone! JaKa, Dead(guitarist was wearing a gears of war shirt, haha), and Gadget also put on a great show. Just wish I had brought some more cash, that festival is merch heaven for crust and death metal fans.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Hellnation was awesome, I'll have to pick up one of their albums(see setlist here http://www.returntothepit.com/pictures.php?id=440957). Macabre was just awful live, they seemed like they really didn't want to play. Blood Duster and Impaled were fucking amazing, and Nuclear Assault thrashed everyone! JaKa, Dead(guitarist was wearing a gears of war shirt, haha), and Gadget also put on a great show. Just wish I had brought some more cash, that festival is merch heaven for crust and death metal fans.[/quote]

One of these years, I WILL go to MDF.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Hellnation was awesome, I'll have to pick up one of their albums(see setlist here http://www.returntothepit.com/pictures.php?id=440957). Macabre was just awful live, they seemed like they really didn't want to play. Blood Duster and Impaled were fucking amazing, and Nuclear Assault thrashed everyone! JaKa, Dead(guitarist was wearing a gears of war shirt, haha), and Gadget also put on a great show. Just wish I had brought some more cash, that festival is merch heaven for crust and death metal fans.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to recommend "A Sound Like Shit," which collects most of their early stuff, and their most recent album, Dynamite Up Your Ass. They really stepped up something with the last recording, as it's one of my favorites. Cheerleaders For Imperialism, fucked Up Mess, and Your Chaos Days Are Numbered are good but missable. Control is another.

BTW, Sneaky - thanks for suggesting Hark! It's a Crawling Tar-Tar. That was a helluva listen.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'd have to recommend "A Sound Like Shit," which collects most of their early stuff, and their most recent album, Dynamite Up Your Ass. They really stepped up something with the last recording, as it's one of my favorites. Cheerleaders For Imperialism, fucked Up Mess, and Your Chaos Days Are Numbered are good but missable. Control is another.

BTW, Sneaky - thanks for suggesting Hark! It's a Crawling Tar-Tar. That was a helluva listen.[/quote]

Oh cool, someone actually has comments on that one. Yea, that album is fucking insane. Never expected it, as it was a random grab based on the absurdity of the name. I was quite surprised by what I found, similar situation to the first time I randomly heard Muga. Have you heard Masterpeace, the band I compared them too? Now that band is fucking ballistic.

I saw Glassjaw in December of 2006.

It was a good show, if you wear earplugs you can actually enjoy the full range of sound without damaging your hearing.

[quote name='mykevermin']No, can't say I have heard them.[/quote]

They're on Crustmas (somewhere, dunno where). Only a five song ep, but it's just got some insane anthemic japanese hardcore with one of the most oddly voiced frontmen I've heard.

H2O and The International Superheroes of Hardcore @ Chain Reaction the other night. Awesome show, H2O are still a really fun live band. ISOH are hilarious.

I seen Jethro Tull back in December. Got kicked out half way through due to some asshole cop. (We literally did nothing wrong and got assaulted for it.)

The Kanye concert had better be as good as everyone says it is. I had no idea he was coming back to MSG in August, until I happened to go to their website and see that tickets went on sale this morning. I managed to get floor section 10 (8/5), although I'm still going to try and get better seats through their premium ticket auction (8/6).

[quote name='lmz00']The Kanye concert had better be as good as everyone says it is. I had no idea he was coming back to MSG in August, until I happened to go to their website and see that tickets went on sale this morning. I managed to get floor section 10 (8/5), although I'm still going to try and get better seats through their premium ticket auction (8/6).[/quote]

oh it is! naked female doll FTW!!!!

[quote name='xeno']oh it is! naked female doll FTW!!!![/quote]That's good to hear. I wound up getting one of those "5 Star VIP" packages for the 8/6 show, so I'll be somewhere in the first 10 rows (I won't find out exactly where until the day of the show).

[quote name='lmz00']The Kanye concert had better be as good as everyone says it is. I had no idea he was coming back to MSG in August, until I happened to go to their website and see that tickets went on sale this morning. I managed to get floor section 10 (8/5), although I'm still going to try and get better seats through their premium ticket auction (8/6).[/QUOTE]

I went to the Glow and the Dark tour in April. It was awesome.Kanye delivers a U2 like concert experience. With lights and storytelling, the glow and the dark tour is worth every penny. Don't miss lupe's performance. It is insane.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Went and saw Toad the Wet Sprocket on Wednesday. Good stuff[/quote]

Sweet merciful crap, they sucked 15 years ago I can't imagine how fuckin terrible they are now. "All I want is to be this way...." Jesus. They sucked. I fuckin hated having to see them on MTV and shit. I wished they died.

Hope you had a good time.

Up next: Judas Priest and Motorhead, 8/23

judaspriestlivingaftermez0.jpg
motorhead-kiss-of-death.jpg

saw kottonmouth kings, the expendables, insolence, and dirtball last sunday in louisville.

4th time seeing kmk and 3rd for dirtball, first for the other two.

kottonmouth is really a good live show, expect to hear alot of the same songs but they can get a crowd moving and seeing them in a smaller venue this time made the show alot more crowd interactive.

the expendables were good, having never heard a single song by them before they really impressed me, check them out if you like the surfer/punk mix.

insolence was a nu metal band that wanted to be (hed) pe really badly. they played music about as well as i could, and ive never touched a guitar in my life, best part was their DJ opened with the castlevania theme.

dirtball has opened for kottonmouth three of the four times i've seen theme and has never disappointed me, got to talk to him for a minute at his merch booth and he seems like a cool guy and said he was stoked to come back in july... which brings me to my next point:

next show: hed pe, opm, dirtball on july 2 louisville kentucky

Iron Maiden was unbelievable last night. Bruce still runs around like a lunatic and still sounds like an air raid siren. Don't know how he does it night in and night out. Setlist was close to this:

01. Intro - Churchill's Speech
02. Aces High
03. 2 Minutes to Midnight
04. Revelations
05. The Trooper
06. Wasted Years
07. The Number of the Beast
08. Run to the Hills
09. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
10. Powerslave
11. Heaven Can Wait
12. Can I Play With Madness?
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
-----------------------------
15. Moonchild
16. The Clairvoyant
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

REM at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul a couple of Thursdays ago. A pal is a lawyer in downtown St. Paul and her firm gets tickets to everything. She won a pair of VIP tix in a raffle so we sat in the box and drank all the free beer and ate all the free hotdogs and nachos that we could.
Fourth time seeing REM and I must say this was the best of them all. Sound was great and the visuals were great as well.

This was one of the best concert weeks I've ever had in my life:

Tuesday - Sigur Ros
Wednesday - The Futureheads
Thursday - R.E.M/Modest Mouse/The National
Friday - My Morning Jacket
Saturday - Popped Music Festival with Vampire Weekend, Gogol Bordello, Mates of State, Dan Deacon & Crystal Castles

Busy week for me, too:

London After Midnight
Weds, June 18 @ Toad's Place
New Haven, CT

Modest Mouse
Thurs, June 19 @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
Brooklyn, NY

The Cure
65daysofstatic
Sat, June 21 @ Radio City Music Hall
NYC

[quote name='mykevermin']Can I make it in time?[/quote]

Did you make it?

Harvey Milk
Ottobar
June 25th

Boris, Torche, Clouds
Black Cat in D.C.
July 8th

Fight Amp
Talking Head Club
July 18th

Melvins, Big Business
Ottobar
August 15th

The 21st (Saturday) I saw Mindless Self Indulgence at Harpo's in Detroit, MI. MSI put on a fucking AWESOME show. First concert I've been to aswell. Definitely a great live band.

I saw Pearl Jam last Thursday and Friday in Camden. They were AWESOME. I'll be seeing them tomorrow and the day after at MSG too!!!

bread's done
Back