What was the last concert/show you went to?

[quote name='bmachine']Busy week for me, too:

London After Midnight
Weds, June 18 @ Toad's Place
New Haven, CT

Modest Mouse
Thurs, June 19 @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
Brooklyn, NY

The Cure
65daysofstatic
Sat, June 21 @ Radio City Music Hall
NYC

Did you make it?[/quote]
I am seeing Modest Mouse tomorrow, how was there setlist?

[quote name='mcgavin27']I am seeing Modest Mouse tomorrow, how was there setlist?[/QUOTE]

if it was like last time i saw them , a mix of both of songs from their good news cd and we were dead cd

Ladytron
w/ Datarock
Wednesday, June 25 @ Terminal 5
NYC

[quote name='mcgavin27']I am seeing Modest Mouse tomorrow, how was there setlist?[/quote]

Slightly out of order:

Trucker's Atlas
Breakthrough
Fire It Up
We've Got Everything
Dance Hall
Dashboard
Dramamine
Tiny Cities Made of Ashes
The Whale Song
Wild Pack Of Family Dogs
Little Motel
Satin In A Coffin
Paper Thin Walls
The Good Times Are Killing Me

Pearl Jam last night at the Garden. I'm actually relieved they are leaving the NY/NJ area - I'm too old and too tired to go to any more shows.

Everybody Out! was the last show i saw.

im going to see them this weekend and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones and the Dropkick Murphys in july.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Boris puts on a GREAT live show.

I also saw Torche and Clouds, who opened for them. They were alright. But HOLY SHIT BORIS.[/QUOTE]

Alas, I was just too damn tired to go when I got out of work, and I would have only caught Boris anyway. What time did they go on?

[quote name='MP77']This was one of the best concert weeks I've ever had in my life:

Tuesday - Sigur Ros
Wednesday - The Futureheads
Thursday - R.E.M/Modest Mouse/The National
Friday - My Morning Jacket
Saturday - Popped Music Festival with Vampire Weekend, Gogol Bordello, Mates of State, Dan Deacon & Crystal Castles[/quote]

How was My Morning Jacket and Gogl Bordello?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Alas, I was just too damn tired to go when I got out of work, and I would have only caught Boris anyway. What time did they go on?[/QUOTE]

10:45ish.

Did you know that the Melvins and Big Business are coming in August? :drool:

[quote name='Liquid 2']10:45ish.

Did you know that the Melvins and Big Black are coming in August? :drool:[/QUOTE]

Nope, but I just shit my pants. Thanks, asshole. :p I can't fucking wait.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Thought you'd like that. ;)

Emo's outdoor stage, August 22nd. And I meant Big Business, sorry. Still good though. :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, that makes more sense. I was like HOLY fuck BIG BLACK THE SKY IS FALLING.

[quote name='javeryh']Were they good? Any new songs?[/QUOTE]

I just saw them (STP) Friday in San Antonio. It was awesome. No new songs and the set list was pretty much songs from Core and Purple with the singles from Tiny Music (Big Bang Baby, Trippin' on a Hole, Lady Picture Show), No.4 (Down, Sour Girl) and Coma from Shagri-La-dee-da being the exceptions. They didn't play the one song I was hoping they'd play though (Still Remains). Weiland was really on except for the fact that he was mumbling absolutely everything when he was trying to talk.

Dave Matthews Band at Nissan Pavillion in VA last saturday.

Good show as always, but probably toward the bottom of the 10 DMB shows I've been to over the years (first one in 1996).

[quote name='Whambamm']I just saw them (STP) Friday in San Antonio. It was awesome. No new songs and the set list was pretty much songs from Core and Purple with the singles from Tiny Music (Big Bang Baby, Trippin' on a Hole, Lady Picture Show), No.4 (Down, Sour Girl) and Coma from Shagri-La-dee-da being the exceptions. They didn't play the one song I was hoping they'd play though (Still Remains). Weiland was really on except for the fact that he was mumbling absolutely everything when he was trying to talk.[/quote]

That's good I guess... I'd like to hear a new album and hopefully one that is better than Shangri-La (it was OK but easily their worst one, IMO).

I saw them at the Garden years ago and they were great until Aerosmith came out (Weiland and Steven Tyler were in rehab together or something) and we booed like crazy and left. fucking Aerosmith. I didn't pay for that shit.

I'm gonna skip class and go to the G-Unit concert at the Nokia Theatre tonight, assuming I manage to score tickets on eBay. I can't believe I barely found out about this concert last night (tickets went on sale on the 14th). :[

[quote name='lmz00']I'm gonna skip class and go to the G-Unit concert at the Nokia Theatre tonight, assuming I manage to score tickets on eBay. I can't believe I barely found out about this concert last night (tickets went on sale on the 14th). :[[/quote]

50 Cent says: "Kids, stay in school!"

[quote name='homeland']How was My Morning Jacket and Gogl Bordello?[/QUOTE]

They were both excellent. MMJ played 2:45 and tore the place down. Gogol was short (maybe 45 minutes) because it was part of the festival but it was still really good.

This is my favorite time of year - free shows in NYC constantly. This past weekend was:

Friday - Black Acid/King Khan & The Shrines/A Place to Bury Strangers
Saturday - Experor X/Blood City/Obits/Titus Androcinus
Sunday - J Roddy & The Business/The Loved Ones/The Hold Steady

Granted it rained a lot this weekend and I got soaked but it was so worth it.

Is anybody going to see My Bloody Valentine in Chicago on September 27th? It's the closest they are playing to Austin during this tour, and I'm gonna bus my ass up there for the weekend. I can't fucking WAIT.

Pearl Jam at the Garden last Wednesday was the tits. I can't say enough about how loud and how great the crowd was. The review on stereogum just about sums it up:

I feel like I've been in a lot of good crowds over the past ten years or so, but leaving this Pearl Jam show left me wondering if the people at all those other gigs even liked those bands at all.

That says it all. After 3 shows in 6 days I'm exhausted but it looks like Eddie Vedder is going to be touring the east coast in August!!!

16Volt
w/ Bella Morte, Cyanotic
Tuesday, July 1 @ Knitting Factory
NYC

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Is anybody going to see My Bloody Valentine in Chicago on September 27th?[/quote]

September 22 @ Roseland in NYC for me.

Cannot. Freakin'. Wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bmachine']16Volt
w/ Bella Morte, Cyanotic
Tuesday, July 1 @ Knitting Factory
NYC

September 22 @ Roseland in NYC for me.

Cannot. Freakin'. Wait.[/QUOTE]

I'm going on the 23rd. So so excited.

Got another blast from the past type of show on saturday in Biloxi

Puddle of Mudd... they were here last year
POD... like to see them for nostalgia sake
Tantric... probably the band Im most anxious to see
Shinedown... looking forward to seeing them
10 Years Pretty good
Toadies... they are always here, but I like em
Saving Abel... familiar with a few songs
Steroehype... probably the local act... none of which could stand up to the biggest act this station broke... 3 doors down

I saw Andrew WK on the 4th. Without a doubt, the craziest show I've ever been to.

My friend and I were on the stage for the vast majority of his performance, and we both crowd surfed and led the crowd in singing. My friend, a very talented musician, actually played the keyboard with Andrew for a little while. :D

mc chris was on of the openers, and he was pretty funny. He did a bit where he made fun of 50 Cent's Bulleproof 2 (yeah, the one with the diamond skuill robbed from him by terrorists :lol:).

Other openers were rather forgettable: Grenadier, O Pioneers, and Tom Gable (of Against Me).

[quote name='zman73']Got another blast from the past type of show on saturday in Biloxi

Puddle of Mudd... they were here last year
POD... like to see them for nostalgia sake
Tantric... probably the band Im most anxious to see
Shinedown... looking forward to seeing them
10 Years Pretty good
Toadies... they are always here, but I like em
Saving Abel... familiar with a few songs
Steroehype... probably the local act... none of which could stand up to the biggest act this station broke... 3 doors down[/QUOTE]

It was a good show... Tantric was the best, their new single "Down and Out" kicks ass

Has anyone here seen Jonathan Coulton live? He's playing here on Friday, seems like it might be a decent date for me and my fiancee. Kind of pricey for the venue, so I'd like to hear thoughts if anyone has any experience.

[quote name='javeryh']Pearl Jam at the Garden last Wednesday was the tits. I can't say enough about how loud and how great the crowd was. The review on stereogum just about sums it up:

That says it all. After 3 shows in 6 days I'm exhausted but it looks like Eddie Vedder is going to be touring the east coast in August!!![/QUOTE]

I caught two of the Eddie shows in April...Santa Cruz and LA night 1...amazing. Be sure to get there early enough to check out Liam Finn as the opener. He's great to watch, I've been listening to him ever since seeing him open the shows in April.

Gah, I can't seem to get tickets to ANY of the MBV shows this year! WTF!

EDIT: NEVERMIND! MUAAHAAHAA!

THUDfest 2008:
Unter Null
Ground to Dust
C/A/T
Synnax

Saturday, July 5 @ Machine
Boston, MA

24998292210e4e8a8592bwq3.jpg

Just scored tickets to Eddie Vedder in DC on Aug. 17. Wasn't expecting to get lucky and get the fan club tickets as they've been selling out in seconds. Had no luck with the Aug 16 show earlier today, but got lucky for this one. Can't wait!

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Anyone here seen Why? in concert?

They're playing here in September and I wanna know if it's worth it.[/quote]

Saw them at a little space in New Haven, CT a few months back....March, I think?...and they were great. Lots of fun, great energy.

Tickets were under $10, which only enhanced my enjoyment of the show. ;)

They're playing the Northeast again in September? I'll have to lookup dates...I'd go again.

[quote name='bmachine']Saw them at a little space in New Haven, CT a few months back....March, I think?...and they were great. Lots of fun, great energy.

Tickets were under $10, which only enhanced my enjoyment of the show. ;)

They're playing the Northeast again in September? I'll have to lookup dates...I'd go again.[/QUOTE]

Great. Thanks, man, looks like I might try and go.

Yeap, check here for dates: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/141929-why-announce-massive-late-summer-fall-tour

I was supposed to go see Hey Mister but felt tired, and didn't really feel like going. Not that it really mattered, the tickets were free and the gas would have cost me more to go then I felt worth it. Plus, I was just simply tired.

Boris, Torche, and Clouds.

fucking awesome as usual, this was my second time seeing Boris. Torche was excellent, and Clouds sucked...eh they were okay I guess. Here's the Boris setlist...

Flower, Sun, Rain
Buzz-In
Laser Beam
Pink
Statement
Floor shaker
My Neighbor Satan
Ka re ha te ta sa ki
You were holding an umbrella part 1
You were holding an umbrella part 2

Managed to snag a Smile vinyl and a t-shirt.

Seeing Fight Amp next week followed by Weedeater in August, then the Melvins! This summer is going great for shows, though out of all these shows I'm really looking forward to seeing Carcass in September.

I saw the Foo Fighters last night at Key Arena in Seattle. It's their first stop on the Foo's 2008 U.S. tour. The crowd went absolutely ape-shit for Grohl, although I didn't expect anything less as Nirvana is still huge out here.

It was also seriously depressing seeing all the Seattle Sonics banners, their retired jerseys, and posters all over the place still.

My cousins and I went to see Modest Mouse a week and a half ago. The music was great, but the venue (a crappy ice-skating rink south of Pittsburgh), sucked.

bread's done
Back