What was the last concert/show you went to?

I saw Cheap Trick, Heart and Journey on the 19th. Awesome show. Cheap Trick was ok, the crowd definitely got way more into Heart than I was expecting (they played both their Guitar Hero songs), and they were actually good. Journey was awesome, especially with their new lead singer who sounds exactly like Perry.

Cracker / Soul Asylum / Everclear
August 20 @ Webster Hall, NYC

It was as weak as it sounds.

[quote name='Fuzi0n']Went to Warped Tour last Wed to just see Against Me! It was good but only a 30 min set which sucked.[/quote]

They're touring this fall with Ted Leo and the Pharmacists...should've saved your money!

Did you get to see the Horrorpops, at least?

[quote name='bmachine']Cracker / Soul Asylum / Everclear

They're touring this fall with Ted Leo and the Pharmacists...should've saved your money!

Did you get to see the Horrorpops, at least?[/QUOTE]

Ive seen Cracker 6 times... of course it was before they kinda went countrified... they were always good

Saw Extreme and Kings X at the HOB in New Orleans... best show Ive ever seen....

[quote name='zman73']Ive seen Cracker 6 times... of course it was before they kinda went countrified... they were always good[/quote]

Of the 3 bands that played, Cracker's performance was probably the strongest. I had some fond memories of Soul Asylum from back in the 90's but their set seemed really disjointed and poorly rehearsed.

It just got more and more lame and embarrassing as the night wore on. By the time that Art from Everclear started looking for "hot Jersey girls to come up on stage and dance" while the band covered 867-5309, I was looking for the exit.

Went and saw Counting Crows and Maroon 5 last night with the wife. We ended up watching two really hot drunk girls pretty much have sex with each other in front of us most of the night.

[quote name='bmachine']Cracker / Soul Asylum / Everclear

Did you get to see the Horrorpops, at least?[/quote]

I've seen them twice before outside warped tour in LA, once acoustic and once regular live. All we (gf and I) went to see was Against Me and only ended up staying for 1.5 hours. Warped tour gets worse every year and I really can't stand most of the bands that show up. But Against Me is on tour just about everyday of the year it seems and there is always at least a chance to see them twice a year in CA alone.

NIN was wonderful. Aside from jerks, which are common to concerts, I have no complaints.
1. 999,999

2. 1,000,000
3. Letting You
4. Discipline
5. March of the Pigs
6. Head Down
7. The Frail
8. Closer
9. Gave Up

10. Warning
11. Vessel

12. 5 Ghosts I
13. 25 Ghosts III
19. Ghosts III
20. Ghosts Piggy

21. The Greater Good

22. Pinion
23. Wish
24. Terrible Lie
25. Survivalism
26. The Big Come Down
27. 31 Ghosts IV
28. Only
29. Head Like a Hole

30. Echoplex
31. Reptile
32. God Given
33. Hurt
34. In This Twilight

[quote name='ajh2298']Went and saw Counting Crows and Maroon 5 last night with the wife. We ended up watching two really hot drunk girls pretty much have sex with each other in front of us most of the night.[/QUOTE]

Augustana was with them, right? 2 of my longtime friends (talking 20 years with one) are in the band. Just wondering what your impressions were.

[quote name='rabbitt']NIN was wonderful. Aside from jerks, which are common to concerts, I have no complaints.[/QUOTE]

Seeing them Friday in Philly, can't f'ing wait!

[quote name='Matt Young']Augustana was with them, right? 2 of my longtime friends (talking 20 years with one) are in the band. Just wondering what your impressions were.[/QUOTE]

No we got Sara Bareilles I think it was her last night on the tour.

NIN in houston just last weekend. Awesome video effects along with the live performance. The audience was really into the show as well.

Saw NIN last night in Philly. By far one of, if not the, best concert I've ever been to. Amazing setlist, high energy from the band, incredible visuals. Everything was top notch, I couldn't have asked for anything else. And they played Reptile. Words can't even describe how awesome that was.

Paramore
w/ Jack's Mannequin, Phantom Planet, Paper Route
Saturday, August 30
@ Chevy Music Theater, Wallingford, CT

Totally not my cup of tea but it was surprisingly fun.

bumbershoot saturday:
Nick Vigarino
Throw me a statue
Grynch
sweet water
Band of horses
Beck
-----------
after beck i went to see Freezepops at a small club in seattle

sunday:
The Shackeltons
Manooghi Hi
Lushy
Forro in the dark

These Arms Are Snakes
Black keys
Stone temple piolts(yes they played!)

Monday:
Paramore
The Offspring
Two Gallants
watched little bit of the flobots to see what the whole word about this band is ...didn't like em so i left to see Cheb i Sabbah & 1002 Nights featuring Riffat Sultana then i left the fest cause i was tired

Saw Nine Inch Nails with Deerhunter yesterday and I'll echo the sentiments of everyone else...Friggin awesome. Easily best visuals of any concert I've seen and for encore they did
Reptile, Godgiven, Hurt and In This Twilight

[quote name='bardockkun']Saw Nine Inch Nails with Deerhunter yesterday and I'll echo the sentiments of everyone else...Friggin awesome. Easily best visuals of any concert I've seen and for encore they did
Reptile, Godgiven, Hurt and In This Twilight
[/QUOTE]

Lucky bastid.

How was Deerhunter?

2 weeks ago I saw Bun B on Friday, then Nas/Kweli that Sunday. Amazing weekend of music.

Someone make a new thread already, we're pushing 600...

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Lucky bastid.

How was Deerhunter?[/quote]
Honestly, not a big Deerhunter fan. Like I would constantly complain to my friend "Why didn't we get 'A Place to Bury Strangers?'" Their songs seemed to drag to much for me with it picking up at the very end. So if I were to say anything nice it would be they sound exactly like their CD's and they had a chick guitarist, which is always nice.

[quote name='bardockkun']Honestly, not a big Deerhunter fan. Like I would constantly complain to my friend "Why didn't we get 'A Place to Bury Strangers?'" Their songs seemed to drag to much for me with it picking up at the very end. So if I were to say anything nice it would be they sound exactly like their CD's and they had a chick guitarist, which is always nice.[/QUOTE]

Understandable, their stuff is a bit strange. Glad to hear they sounded good, though.

My fall is looking nice:

09.25.08 - Ben Folds
10.09.08 - Lightning Bolt
10.10.08 - Liam Finn, The Veils
10.11.08 - TV on the Radio, Dirtbombs
10.15.08 - Atmosphere
11.06.08 - Brother Ali
11.09.08 - Nine Inch Nails

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Understandable, their stuff is a bit strange. Glad to hear they sounded good, though.

My fall is looking nice:

09.25.08 - Ben Folds
10.09.08 - Lightning Bolt
10.10.08 - Liam Finn, The Veils
10.11.08 - TV on the Radio, Dirtbombs
10.15.08 - Atmosphere
11.06.08 - Brother Ali
11.09.08 - Nine Inch Nails[/quote]
Solid taste in music my friend, William H. Macy approves

Current Plans

9/23 - Neko Case
9/24 - The Evangelicals
10/3 - The Veils & Liam Finn
10/8 - Pinback
10/10 - Old 97's
10/16 - The Notwist
10/17 - The Dirtbombs
10/23 - Parts & Labor
10/25 - Matthew Sweet

I guess I'll post my schedule too then:

September:
My Morning Jacket
Vampire Weekend
Sigur Ros

October:
Cat Power
Weezer / Tokyo Police Club

November:
Times New Viking / Deerhunter
possibly any of the following: Coldplay, Yeasayer, Abe Vigoda / Diplo / Telepathe

Upcoming, thusfar:

September
IAMX
IAMX (again!)
Amanda Palmer
Goldfrapp
Innerpartysystem
James
Panic Lift
My Bloody Valentine

October
Death Cab for Cutie
Echo and the Bunnymen
Tegan and Sara
Imperative Reaction
Ben Folds

November
Electric Six
Nine Inch Nails
Decemberists
Murder by Death

I'm hoping to get out to California to see VNV Nation in October, too...but that's looking like a longshot right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
This month looks interesting, with IAMX and Tricky stoppin by SF. I have a feeling I'll check out Juno Reactor too, just to see Sugizo play live though.

Ryan Adams and the Cardinals are coming to Atlanta soon. I might head up to Nashville to hang out with a friend of mine to see The Raconteurs and The Black Crowes. Might even hit the country music hall of fame while I'm there.

Opeth are coming back to town this fall as well. I might go see them as well.

There are probably a lot more coming through that I'm not aware of right now.

Last concert I went to was Opeth way back in June. I need a job so I can go out and see more shows this year. :( Opeth are coming back to town this fall as well. I'll probably go to that.

IAMX
w/ Hypernova
Wednesday, Sept 10 @ Blender/Gramercy Theater
NYC

I've had a mild obsession with IAMX for the last couple of years and it was immensely satisfying to finally see him live last night. An amazing show that mixed elements of cabaret with electro-pop. So good.

[quote name='bmachine']IAMX
w/ Hypernova
Wednesday, Sept 10 @ Blender/Gramercy Theater
NYC

I've had a mild obsession with IAMX for the last couple of years and it was immensely satisfying to finally see him live last night. An amazing show that mixed elements of cabaret with electro-pop. So good.[/quote]

I'm planning to see them on Tuesday. Should be cool then, since the venue used to be a burlesque theater. I've only gotten into them within the past few months (after discovering the Sneaker Pimps), but it's addictive stuff.

VIP passes to Kottonmouth Kings, TechN9ne, and (HeD) P.E.

Great show, last years was better though...

next (hopefully) weezer and IcP for HalloWiCkEd in DetroiT

bread's done
Back