What was the last concert/show you went to?

Got my tickets to see Blink 182 on September 11. Wish they had Rancid and Against Me! like the lucky folks in Canada with them here but instead I have to put up with MCR. Oh well.

Soundgarden last night. I can't even describe how awesome it was. Everything was great except I wish they played some more really old songs. But what they did play sounded amazing so I can't complain. Chris is definitely losing his voice but he got through every song well enough, even ones that are tough for anyone to sing such as Beyond The Wheel.

Went to see Motley Crue/Poison for the first time in Youngstown (came from Cleveland) on Friday for my birthday. I never cared for Poison but was completely amazed by how great Bret Michaels is live. Think what you want about his personality/music but I assure you he is an absolute professional on stage and a true natural performer. Motley Crue was... pretty good. I have to point out that Vince Neil noticeably forgot lyrics in three or four of the songs he's been singing for over 20 years and that's inexcusable. Otherwise another high energy performance from all four band members and funny to see Tommy Lee come up with yet another way to play drums upside down and airborn.

Next up, Big 4 in NYC Sept 12.. considering yet another Mushroomhead show before, maybe Incubus as well.

saw KMFDM last night(wednesday augest 3rd) in a small club in seattle and it was fucken awesome, the opening bands 16volt, and human factors lab were great , as for army of the universe they were boring.

[quote name='xeno']saw KMFDM last night(wednesday augest 3rd) in a small club in seattle and it was fucken awesome, the opening bands 16volt, and human factors lab were great , as for army of the universe they were boring.[/QUOTE]
Good to know. I'm seeing them next week as well.

i saw excision(dubstep artist), and the pill i took was pretty much just meth. it was fun, danced pretty hard for a short while, until i thought i was going to die (so i left a bit early :cry:)

was fun cooling down afterward, knocked out around 10 a.m.

saw A Perfect Circle a week or so ago in San Diego. First time seeing them since I missed a chance 8 years ago. Was amazing. Had VIP tix to the sound check. It was ok. My seats were right in the center 6 rows back from the stage. Awesomeness. Maynard changed the lyrics for Magdalena "my magdalena" to "my whale's vagina" to suit the San Diego/Anchorman crowd :D

Went to L.A. Rising showed up halfway through since I did not want to see the opening acts. Got there just before rise against played but Muse was incredible they sounded amazing live. I left halfway through Rage against the machine's set it was so loud it made me think I was going to go deaf.

[quote name='spiderman4657'] I left halfway through Rage against the machine's set it was so loud it made me think I was going to go deaf.[/QUOTE]

I hate you so much... I'm dying to see them before they call it quits permanently

Lollapalooza 2011
Grant Park, Chicago

Friday, August 5:
- The Naked and Famous
- Foster the People
- White Lies
- Two Door Cinema Club
- A Perfect Circle
- OK GO
- Muse

Saturday, August 6:
- Fitz and the Tantrums
- Death From Above 1979
- Deftones
- Cee Lo Green
- Lykke Li

Sunday, August 7:
- The Joy Formidable
- The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
- The Cars
- Portugal the Man
- Arctic Monkeys
- Manchester Orchestra
- Cold War Kids
- Deadmau5

Saw KMFDM tonight. They were MUCH better then the last time I saw them since they weren't dead eyed tired and still kinda early into the tour. The openers except for 16 Volt were pretty meh to me.

Friday Aug 12 I was at the Identity festival in Detroit.
Saw Datsik, The Crystal Method, Nero, Disco Biscuit, and DJ Shadow. Top 3 in order of greatness were (1)Nero, (2)DJ Shadow, (3)The Crystal Method.

Saw Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow on Tuesday at Blossom in "Cleveland". I didn't get too in to Sheryl Crow.. she sounds great live but her laid back demeanor made it a lil tough for me to get too excited. That and she went on about 7:30ish and it felt really early.

Kid Rock was amazing. My ever first concert was seeing him in the summer of 99 on the devil w/o a cause tour. My mind was blown and I still absolutely love that CD and couldn't wait to see him perform some of those tracks again. Needless to say, he's still got it. I can even say I appreciate his evolution towards southern rock/country after seeing it live (I was indifferent to some of the tracks going in). He's completely engaging up there on stage and the set went on for what felt like 2 hours.. I wasn't timing tho. The stage was set up to look like the bar of a saloon and there's no shortage of pyro. People watching was outstanding as the two of them draw in a diverse crowd.

If you're not dying to see him, I'd still recommend going.. almost anyone would leave the show feeling like they had a good time.

Saw George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic tonight. Fun time even though I don't have much familiarity with their works.

Saw Mushroomhead (yet again) back on the 20th in Mentor. To me, they always put on a good show and I try to see them as much as possible which ends up being every 2-3 months around Cleveland. The venue in itself wasn't bad but unless they play at the Agora, its always way too small for what they draw. Liked some of their openers which are always local bands too.

Then I saw Incubus with Tom Morello on the 26th at Nautica (Jacobs Pavillion). First things first, the sound guys F'd up this show for me because it was too damn loud. And people are cracking on me for saying that by saying I'm getting old but that's not the problem. Tom Morellos guitar and Brandons voice were both loud to the point of distortion very often throughout their performances and it was distracting and took away from the show.

Otherwise they were fun to watch. I hadn't heard any of Toms stuff as the nightwatchman before, but I love RATM and I could hear his distinct style come through on some songs. Incubus played for what felt like a very long time and maybe 20 songs. It was kind of embarassing that some typical Cleveland idiots were fighting so much in front of the stage the band had to stop and say something. They come out pretty strong with their high energy songs and the setlist flows pretty well. Then they kick off the 2 song encore with Megalomaniac and the place was going crazy. And for the second song it was something off their new album, which is extremely mellow. It made for a bit of an odd transition to close out.. maybe switching the order of the last two songs would have made more sense? All in all, good show though.

Next up, Big 4 in NYC next Wednesday.

We're going to see Dropkick Murphys (second time this year, the first being at HoB Cleveland in March) next week. If anyone is going to the Pittsburgh show on Monday, send me a PM.

White Wards
Numb
Theories
Owen Hart (last show ever?)
Jucifer
Pig Destroyer

That was one intense fucking show. Jucifer was probably the loudest thing I've ever heard.

caught the Rock Allegiance tour in orange beach, alabama this past thursday.. decent show, seen most of the bands before. papa roach, puddle of mudd, p.o.d., crossfade, drive a.. waiting on October we have Deluna Fest on pensacola beach music festival with Janes Addiction, Weezer, linkin park, cake and about 40 other bands.

Blink 182 was fantastic. My favorite concert this year for sure. The trio just works so well together. They played songs everyone wanted to hear, did immature jokes, played joke songs, and Travis was on fire all night with a nice drum solo to add near the end.
My Chemical Romance opened. I don't like em but I couldn't fault them for anything. They were tight and I did kinda get into "I'm Not OK" which was quite nostalgic.
So Blink 182 is a band I would love to see in the future again.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark'] Travis was on fire all night with a nice drum solo to add near the end.[/QUOTE]

I dunno if this was intentional, but well played.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, everything went off, almost as planned. My GF had no idea what was about to happen. A few songs into Dropkick's set, their tour manager, Evan, took us backstage. Keep in mind, she is most likely their biggest fan. She started freaking out as we were brought up to the stage and given stools, right next to the band.

After a couple of songs, Evan slipped me a mic and then Ken said a few words and had us come on stage to quite a roar from the crowd. I started talking and kind of froze up (fucking stage fright/anxiety). Ken walked up behind me and hit the back of my leg, knocking me down on one knee. I then asked her the big question, while fumbling in my pocket for the ring, only to find that a dime had become lodged in it.

She was stunned, and Ken snatched the mic from my hand and stuck it in her face and asked her what her answer was. She responded with a muffled "f*** yes" and he asked her to repeat it and it was an enthusiastic "F*** YES!!!" We then went around the stage and got handshakes and hugs from most of the band, and went off back to our stools for the rest of the show. (which were temporarily taken from us for their acoustic set). We stayed their for the rest of the show, hanging out with some guys and gals from Street Dogs and The Mahones.

After the show, we ended up walking across the stage and the many people still remaining in the crowd were yell congratulations to us. It was just absolutely surreal.

We ended up hanging around backstage for awhile, just BS'ing with people from all of the bands.

Hands down, best show ever.

Once Finny (from The Mahones) sends me the pics, I'll post a few.

Just got back a little bit ago from seeing Joan Jett & The Blackhearts. She rocked the entire time and looked like she was just having fun in general. Played some of her hits along with a couple songs from the Runaways (which wasn't that surprising considering the recent movie). Couple songs I wasn't familiar with which may have been some newer stuff, not sure.

It was interesting what she did for an encore though. Started off with "Little Liar" which started off as a guitar duet before the bassist and drummer came back about halfway through, then went to a cover of Sweet's "AC/DC" and then finished for the night with a cover of "Everyday People".

[quote name='sp00ge']Well, everything went off, almost as planned. My GF had no idea what was about to happen. A few songs into Dropkick's set, their tour manager, Evan, took us backstage. Keep in mind, she is most likely their biggest fan. She started freaking out as we were brought up to the stage and given stools, right next to the band.

After a couple of songs, Evan slipped me a mic and then Ken said a few words and had us come on stage to quite a roar from the crowd. I started talking and kind of froze up (fucking stage fright/anxiety). Ken walked up behind me and hit the back of my leg, knocking me down on one knee. I then asked her the big question, while fumbling in my pocket for the ring, only to find that a dime had become lodged in it.

She was stunned, and Ken snatched the mic from my hand and stuck it in her face and asked her what her answer was. She responded with a muffled "f*** yes" and he asked her to repeat it and it was an enthusiastic "F*** YES!!!" We then went around the stage and got handshakes and hugs from most of the band, and went off back to our stools for the rest of the show. (which were temporarily taken from us for their acoustic set). We stayed their for the rest of the show, hanging out with some guys and gals from Street Dogs and The Mahones.

After the show, we ended up walking across the stage and the many people still remaining in the crowd were yell congratulations to us. It was just absolutely surreal.

We ended up hanging around backstage for awhile, just BS'ing with people from all of the bands.

Once Finny (from The Mahones) sends me the pics, I'll post a few.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. fucking awesome. Though it's going to be hard for any other show after that to live up to that now. In anycase a big ass congrats!

[quote name='sp00ge']Well, everything went off, almost as planned. My GF had no idea what was about to happen. A few songs into Dropkick's set, their tour manager, Evan, took us backstage. Keep in mind, she is most likely their biggest fan. She started freaking out as we were brought up to the stage and given stools, right next to the band.

Once Finny (from The Mahones) sends me the pics, I'll post a few.[/QUOTE]

Hell yes that is awesome and congrats! :bouncy:

DKM is a very cool band and very fun live! I once saw DKM at the Agora in Cleveland. The guys dedicated "Curse of a Fallen Soul" to a friend of mine that died a few days before the show. Very cool and down-to-earth group of guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to the Midtown Music Festival here in Atlanta today.

Coldplay and The Black Keys are the headliners.

Other bands are: The Postelles, Walk the Moon, Band of Skulls, Young the Giant, Cage the Elephant, The Constellations, The Joy Formidable, and Manchester Orchestra.

They have two stages set up a couple hundred yards apart and have a staggered schedule with no overlap which is cool as you can check out every band and don't have the 30-45 minute break between acts.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Going to the Midtown Music Festival here in Atlanta today.

Coldplay and The Black Keys are the headliners.

Other bands are: The Postelles, Walk the Moon, Band of Skulls, Young the Giant, Cage the Elephant, The Constellations, The Joy Formidable, and Manchester Orchestra.

They have two stages set up a couple hundred yards apart and have a staggered schedule with no overlap which is cool as you can check out every band and don't have the 30-45 minute break between acts.[/QUOTE]

Let me know how that turns out, I really wanted to go(big fan of Coldplay & TJF), but I'm not going to be able to make it. :(

It was a great time. Of the earlier bands I really liked Walk the Moon and The Joy Formiable. The others were just ok--I didn't see Cage the Elephant as I wanted to get up closer after the Black Keys since Coldplay was next on that stage.

The Black Keys were damn good as well.

Coldplay was fantastic. My 3rd time seeing them and by far the best. I really liked all the new songs, even Paradise which is the one I've been kind of "meh" on thus far was pretty damn good live. Solid setlist overall as well.

Mylo Xyloto
Hurts Like Heaven
Yellow
In My Place
Major Minus
Paradise
Lost!
Violet Hill
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
The Scientist
Everybody Hurts (R.E.M. cover)
Politik
Viva La Vida
Charlie Brown
Life Is For Living

Encore:
Clocks
Fix You ("Georgia On My Mind" by Ray Charles Intro)
Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

[quote name='dmaul1114']It was a great time. Of the earlier bands I really liked Walk the Moon and The Joy Formiable. The others were just ok--I didn't see Cage the Elephant as I wanted to get up closer after the Black Keys since Coldplay was next on that stage.

The Black Keys were damn good as well.

Coldplay was fantastic. My 3rd time seeing them and by far the best. I really liked all the new songs, even Paradise which is the one I've been kind of "meh" on thus far was pretty damn good live. Solid setlist overall as well.

Mylo Xyloto
Hurts Like Heaven
Yellow
In My Place
Major Minus
Paradise
Lost!
Violet Hill
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
The Scientist
Everybody Hurts (R.E.M. cover)
Politik
Viva La Vida
Charlie Brown
Life Is For Living

Encore:
Clocks
Fix You ("Georgia On My Mind" by Ray Charles Intro)
Every Teardrop is a Waterfall[/QUOTE]

Wish I could've gone!

I've been wanting to see The Joy Formidable live since hearing about them late last year. Coldplay is definitely one of the better live acts to see, the only concert I've ever been to that was just as good(IMO) was seeing Arcade Fire. Sounds like a great setlist there, and a great time overall! Hopefully when they actually go on tour for the new album they'll be back(they do seem to really like ATL, so that should be a pretty strong possibility), and I'll be able to make it. Also, can't wait for their new album.

Saw Foo Fighters last month, was easily one of the better shows I have been to. They work hard and put on one hell of a show, played close to 3 hours!

[quote name='Deefuzz']Saw Foo Fighters last month, was easily one of the better shows I have been to. They work hard and put on one hell of a show, played close to 3 hours![/QUOTE]

I'm seeing them next month for the second time, first show I saw was amazing also.

Saw Blink 182 in Vegas, and they sounded...old. I still have a special place in my heart for them but don't know if I would pay too much to see them again. They still have great chemistry but IMO Angels and Airwaves ruined Marks voice. Did however really enjoy Matt & Kim. Also saw TV on the Radio who put on an absolutely amazing show. Kind of even like their live performances better than their recorded ones. Artic Monkeys opened for them however I didn't really enjoy them that much.

Saw Anthrax & Testament w/ Death Angel. GREAT show. Never seen Testament live so it was awesome to see them and especially Chuck Billy after hearing over all his cancer battles. Like he literally seemed like he was having the time of his life on stage and it's cool to see that.

[quote name='bardockkun']Saw Anthrax & Testament w/ Death Angel. GREAT show. Never seen Testament live so it was awesome to see them and especially Chuck Billy after hearing over all his cancer battles. Like he literally seemed like he was having the time of his life on stage and it's cool to see that.[/QUOTE]

I'm supposed to be going to see them when they come to town next month. I haven't seen Anthrax since 98, and I'm pumped that Joey is back as frontman, even though John Bush was still awesome.

[quote name='sp00ge']I'm supposed to be going to see them when they come to town next month. I haven't seen Anthrax since 98, and I'm pumped that Joey is back as frontman, even though John Bush was still awesome.[/QUOTE]
When I saw them last night, Joey did do one John Bush era song, which was a nice surprise. Joey's still got the vocal chops though no matter how you cut it.

Saw Gallows and Four Year Strong tonight. It's the AP tour. They had 5 bands play but I only showed up for Gallows (which is the main reason I went to the show) and stayed for Four Year Strong. I'm happy that Gallows are still very much intact after they got a new singer. His attitude and demeanor is similar to Frank Carter and his interaction with the audience is there too. Looking forward to the new record after being unsure of this bands future.
As for Four Year Strong. Good. I didn't know them at all but it was a good performance by them. I'll check out some of their songs tomorrow.

Just got back from seeing Mastodon with Dillinger Escape Plan and Red Fang. Mastodon played about a 90 minute set with alot of stuff old and new mixed in and closed with Blood and Thunder. Though Red Fang was awesome as well and Dillinger is always amazing live.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Saw Gallows and Four Year Strong tonight. It's the AP tour. They had 5 bands play but I only showed up for Gallows (which is the main reason I went to the show) and stayed for Four Year Strong. I'm happy that Gallows are still very much intact after they got a new singer. His attitude and demeanor is similar to Frank Carter and his interaction with the audience is there too. Looking forward to the new record after being unsure of this bands future.
As for Four Year Strong. Good. I didn't know them at all but it was a good performance by them. I'll check out some of their songs tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Start with FYS's first record "Rise Or Die Trying". Also, how were The Swellers?

[quote name='JJSP']Start with FYS's first record "Rise Or Die Trying". Also, how were The Swellers?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I was not able to see The Swellers cause my friend could not come until later so we missed the first 3 bands. I also listened to some FYS songs out of order but I'll check out their discography from the the start if you think it's a good place to start. I don't think I'll be hooked but I liked the stuff I sampled.

bread's done
Back