What was the last concert/show you went to?

[quote name='bardockkun']Just got back from seeing Mastodon with Dillinger Escape Plan and Red Fang. Mastodon played about a 90 minute set with alot of stuff old and new mixed in and closed with Blood and Thunder. Though Red Fang was awesome as well and Dillinger is always amazing live.[/QUOTE]

I wanna catch this show, but I don't think I'll be able to. Plus Red Fang is only playing a 20 minute set which sucks because I'm way into them right now.

[quote name='tcrash247']I wanna catch this show, but I don't think I'll be able to. Plus Red Fang is only playing a 20 minute set which sucks because I'm way into them right now.[/QUOTE]
It was 30, but yeah it was damn short. I've only heard bits and pieces of Red Fang before the show, but they easily sold me. The band altogether had great chemistry together, like if there was a solo they'd point at the guitarist or drummer just to make note. Speaking of the drummer, he was just amazing to watch and he lost his stick twice in a song, but still never lost the beat somehow. So here's hoping they get a longer set next time.

Cirque Du Womp.

It was a bizarre circus like show with performers doing tricks while glow sticks and other glowing things are everywhere. 5 DJs get to play hour long sets. So it's this odd performance that goes on forever and... It's probably the strangest thing I have ever attended.

[quote name='tcrash247']I wanna catch this show, but I don't think I'll be able to. Plus Red Fang is only playing a 20 minute set which sucks because I'm way into them right now.[/QUOTE]

Aww man, the 20th at the Troc. I'd so be there too, if I wasn't working the overnight before. :|

[quote name='jello44']Aww man, the 20th at the Troc. I'd so be there too, if I wasn't working the overnight before. :|[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it sucks because the Troc is my favorite small concert place in Philly. Too bad it's in such a shitty area and I hate travelling there.

Saw Foo Fighters the other day, awesome show and tons of fun. They played for 2 hours and 45 minutes and never slowed down. Dave Grohl has ridiculous energy.

Saw the Foo Fighters and Social Distortion last night. The show was fantastic. Especially considering that the Foo Fighters played a 3 hour set.

On Saturday, we went to see our friends, The Parkington Sisters, who opened for State Radio. They played an awesome set, although only an hour long. They did point us out in the crowd and dedicated a song to us, though.

A very cool group of sisters. We met them when we were on-stage with the Dropkick Murphys, when I proposed to my fiance, a few months back and have been pretty good friends with them since.

We ended up leaving halfway through the State Radio set because of my fiance is pregnant and I'm sure the bass (not to mention the pot smoke) isn't good for the baby. Besides, I just wasn't really feeling them, just a bit too "Jam Band" for me.

[quote name='kill3r7']Saw the Foo Fighters and Social Distortion last night. The show was fantastic. Especially considering that the Foo Fighters played a 3 hour set.[/QUOTE]
+1

Is there anyone who puts on a better rock show than the Foo? I don't think so.

I seen Mc Chris, Mc Lars, Mega Ran, and Adam Warrock in concert last month. I'm mainly a metal guy, but It was fucking awesome seeing some nerdcore rap. They all did an awesome job.

Guns N Roses. Just got home. A fantastic show. I was semi dreading going when I saw what a piss poor performance they gave in Rio but they seem to have their shit together now. Almost 3 hours of guitar madness and Axl doing what he does. A little too much music from Chinese Democracy. Although the title track works as an opener which was followed by Welcome To The Jungle. They played about half of Appetite. Pumped out all the big ballads from Use Your Illusion (Don't Cry, November Rain, Estranged) and then had a few covers here and there (including Knocking On Heaven's Door and Live and Let Die). As I mentioned before the guitarists got a lot of the spotlight as each was able to do their own solo stuff while Axl would catch his breath. What else can I say? Yeah I wish it was Slash, Duff, and Izzy with Axl on the stage but the new guys are exceptionally talented at playing their six strings so it softens the blow a little bit. Last little thing. I'll never get tired of Axl running from one side of the stage to the other while holding his notes perfectly. Just looks very cool.
I recommend this show for any Gunners fan even if they don't care for the new stuff or any guitar aficionado.

Red Fang, Dillinger Escape Plan and Mastodon here in Chicago last month. 2 of the bands frickin' killed it, but one completely sucked ass. Can you guess which one was the worst band I've ever seen?

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Guns N Roses. Just got home. A fantastic show. I was semi dreading going when I saw what a piss poor performance they gave in Rio but they seem to have their shit together now. Almost 3 hours of guitar madness and Axl doing what he does. A little too much music from Chinese Democracy. Although the title track works as an opener which was followed by Welcome To The Jungle. They played about half of Appetite. Pumped out all the big ballads from Use Your Illusion (Don't Cry, November Rain, Estranged) and then had a few covers here and there (including Knocking On Heaven's Door and Live and Let Die). As I mentioned before the guitarists got a lot of the spotlight as each was able to do their own solo stuff while Axl would catch his breath. What else can I say? Yeah I wish it was Slash, Duff, and Izzy with Axl on the stage but the new guys are exceptionally talented at playing their six strings so it softens the blow a little bit. Last little thing. I'll never get tired of Axl running from one side of the stage to the other while holding his notes perfectly. Just looks very cool.
I recommend this show for any Gunners fan even if they don't care for the new stuff or any guitar aficionado.[/QUOTE]

I refuse to see GNR now. I refuse to even call them GNR. Let's call them what they are...the Axl Rose Band. Until Axl gets his head out of his butt and reunites with Slash, Matt, Duff GNR is dead to me. Fortunately I got to see them twice during the 91-92 tour.

Last i saw was warped tour haha. soo alot. a day to remember, asking alexandria, DRUGS, isetmyfriendsonfire, askylit drive, the devil wears prada, miss may i, and a few others cant think of at the moment because im half asleep

[quote name='shieryda']Red Fang, Dillinger Escape Plan and Mastodon here in Chicago last month. 2 of the bands frickin' killed it, but one completely sucked ass. Can you guess which one was the worst band I've ever seen?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm DEP I'm thinking?

Going to see Bill Burr tonight. I'm hoping his new act is as good as his other DVD acts, since Daniel Tosh was a HUGE letdown.

[quote name='sp00ge']Going to see Bill Burr tonight. I'm hoping his new act is as good as his other DVD acts, since Daniel Tosh was a HUGE letdown.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, that sucks to hear about Tosh. I was thinking about seeing if he'd hit Atlanta. Hope Burr puts on a better show, man.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Oh man, that sucks to hear about Tosh. I was thinking about seeing if he'd hit Atlanta. Hope Burr puts on a better show, man.[/QUOTE]

Burr was fucking AWESOME. He was on stage for a long time too, over an hour and a half. As an added bonus, he was doing a meet and greet right after the show, something that seems most comics don't do. We got a few autographs, handshake and my fiance got a pic with him. He is a very fan-friendly guy.

About Tosh, yeah, I lost alot of respect for him that night. I posted in this thread earlier this year (back in March, I think) about that show.

Saw Tori Amos at the Academy of Music in Philadelphia on Thursday... Was an incredible show, her voice is still as good as it ever was, and having the music played by piano, violin and cello was awesome.

[quote name='Sycowulf']Saw Tori Amos at the Academy of Music in Philadelphia on Thursday... Was an incredible show, her voice is still as good as it ever was, and having the music played by piano, violin and cello was awesome.[/QUOTE]

Got ticks to see her on the 22nd this month, never seen her looking forward to it..

[quote name='Maklershed']OMG I hate you. Soooo jealous.

And for me .. my last concert was Australian Pink Floyd show in November at the Hershey Theater in Hershey, PA. If you guys are even the slightest Pink Floyd fan and APF plays near you, go see them! You will not be disappointed. They basically copy Pink Floyd verbatim visually and audio wise from the Pulse concert. They even have the big circular screen with all the same videos and the giant inflatable pig.[/QUOTE]

Mine was Roger Waters The Wall 2010 tour.... absolutely hands down the best damn show ive seen... previously held by roger waters darkside of the moon and Primus sailing the seas of cheese...... waters is going to retour the USA in 2011... I highly recommend going to the show.... you can check some of the footage on youtube

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I would say the same thing but they're not everyone's cup of joe.[/QUOTE]
I Agree with you there. Since if you've never heard of Dillinger about half of their songs just sounds like a giant wall of noise bombarding you on the first listen.

Though man do I love them live though.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Agree with you there. Since if you've never heard of Dillinger about half of their songs just sounds like a giant wall of noise bombarding you on the first listen.

Though man do I love them live though.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, nothing compares to them live it's truly a sight to behold!

[quote name='dreamerslost']Mine was Roger Waters The Wall 2010 tour.... absolutely hands down the best damn show ive seen... previously held by roger waters darkside of the moon and Primus sailing the seas of cheese...... waters is going to retour the USA in 2011... I highly recommend going to the show.... you can check some of the footage on youtube[/QUOTE]

I don't know who you are, but you're my new best friend. The Tour De Fromage was amazing, though the first set of my Hallucino Genetics (Frizzle Fry) show was better than first set of my Cheese show. Tommy The Cat into Ol' Diamondback Stugeon back into Tommy The Cat = face melting awesomeness.

I attended Uproar fest. The bands featured were Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for My Valentine, Seether, Three Days Grace, The Art of Dying, Hell or Highwater, and Sevendust.

[quote name='tcrash247']I don't know who you are, but you're my new best friend. The Tour De Fromage was amazing, though the first set of my Hallucino Genetics (Frizzle Fry) show was better than first set of my Cheese show. Tommy The Cat into Ol' Diamondback Stugeon back into Tommy The Cat = face melting awesomeness.[/QUOTE]

lol... well new best friend... it seems i live somewhat close by, im in ct... yeah claypool is the shizznit. the show i saw cheese at had a revolving stage in the center of the bldg and he took full opportunity to create.

[quote name='dreamerslost']lol... well new best friend... it seems i live somewhat close by, im in ct... yeah claypool is the shizznit. the show i saw cheese at had a revolving stage in the center of the bldg and he took full opportunity to create.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that must have been an old show because I don't remember a revolving stage. I assumed you meant when they played Sailing the Seas of Cheese in it's entirety back in 2003.

Need to get my ticket for Rammstein. I've missed them twice now. Like IanKamizer said, this band is also on my bucket list.

Also, Ghost and Eluveitie are both coming to town in January and February, respectively. Need to get tix for those, as well.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Hmmm DEP I'm thinking?[/QUOTE]

Indeed. They were a lively bunch, but I just don't get the screaming for an entire set.

Nov 26th i saw comedian Eddie Griffin and it was great, i really loved it and this coming saturday...the 10th im going to see Charlie Murphy. should be good.

Black Cobra/Zoroaster/The Body.

Black Cobra was terrible, Zoroaster had one of the finest sets I've seen them play, and The Body was enthralling but far too short (~20 minute set).

[quote name='mykevermin']Black Cobra/Zoroaster/The Body.

Black Cobra was terrible, Zoroaster had one of the finest sets I've seen them play, and The Body was enthralling but far too short (~20 minute set).[/QUOTE]

Black Cobra is that band with just a drummer and guitarist right? I saw them open for High On Fire and they were really shitty, total waste of a spot.

Duos can be really solid. (e.g., Dark Castle, The Body).

Black Cobra is a duo plus about a bajillion pedals which contain various guitar effects and looping samples, so as to hide the fact that they're a duo. I really didn't like them at all. So yeah, you're right.

I saw High on Fire last year w/ Torche and Kylesa (now that's a lineup). One month before that was Sleep at the same venue. Just moved to Philly and it was all Matt Pike all the time, it seemed.

I couldn't make that Sleep show in Philly (still pissed at that) and I didn't even know about that HoF show with Torche and Kylesa so now I'm pissed I missed that too.

Saw Children of Bodom tonight. Missed the first opener and the second was good (forgot the name), but everytime the lead singer/lead guitarist opened his mouth it was corny as hell. Then I was exposed to the Eluveitie ever for the first time in my life. Holy shit that was awesome. Folk metal bands with 8 band members (some of whom play multiple instruments) made for one of the most memorable things I've seen live. Then Bodom came out and...well, I think I'm done with them. Nothing against them, but they always seem to play the same songs live and more and more meatheads at their shows.

Ghost in SLC. MIght just be the best damn show I have ever been to.

watch

bread's done
Back