What was the last concert/show you went to?

Boys Noize tonight. Fun time though I must say a few more drinks in me would have been better. The concert gets a little brainwashy as time goes by.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Boys Noize tonight. Fun time though I must say a few more drinks in me would have been better. The concert gets a little brainwashy as time goes by.[/QUOTE]

I would say I'm jealous, but I'm seeing him in December. Love his new album.

The English Beat. Fun, just like the last time. It's also nice to be among the younger people in the crowd, which doesn't happen all too often anymore.

Morrissey @ Terminal 5, NYC
Saturday, October 13

A5IQ16zCQAEbjA2.jpg

[quote name='rhymenoceros']Black Keys on Saturday. They rocked it at Staples Center. Also, I loathe Tegan and Sara. Awful.[/QUOTE]

Lucky son of a gun.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Mos Generator
Sourvein
Weedeater
Saint Vitus

Awesomely heavy show. Weedeater and Vitus put on some damn fun sets.[/QUOTE]

weedeater is boss!

[quote name='tcrash247']Primus last night, awesome show with an awesome setlist.[/QUOTE]

saw them over the summer, les claypool is one of the greatest bass players ever. did they have the crazy videos in the backdrop?

last show was Steve Vai in September. Was a present for a really good friend and was totally awesome, way better than watching a dvd of the guy.

Unfortunately had an ISPT meeting with a client the other day:drool: and missed Septic Flesh with some kick ass supporting Black Metal on wednesday. totally sucked:cry:

Saw Passion Pit last night. It isn't hard to believe that the lead singer battles mental illness with the way he paces around the stage. With that said, the show was fairly entertaining.

Saw Crystal Castles and Morrissey and New Order this month. It was a good month.

[quote name='humidore']What was the set list like?[/QUOTE]

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You're The One For Me, Fatty / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Scandinavia / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Black Cloud / Everyday Is Like Sunday / To Give (The Reason I Live) / You Have Killed Me / Spring-Heeled Jim / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Maladjusted / Speedway / Meat Is Murder / I Will See You In Far Off Places // Still Ill
link

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Heiress
Kvelertak
Nails
Torche
CONVERGE

Rager.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of going to this show, but I hate Converge. How was Torche and Kvelertak?

[quote name='tcrash247']I'm thinking of going to this show, but I hate Converge. How was Torche and Kvelertak?[/QUOTE]

Kvelertak was fun, really rambunctious show. Torche was a blast as always. They just seem so happy to be playing.

Also, love or hate Converge, they put on an awesome set. Played for 90 minutes and just raged.

[quote name='tcrash247']Squarepusher tonight. Awesome show but his strobe light show was killing my eyes. I had to look away a few times it was so intense.[/QUOTE]
Lucky bastard. I want to see Squarepusher so bad. Needs to show up in Europe.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Lucky bastard. I want to see Squarepusher so bad. Needs to show up in Europe.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't play regularly in Europe? He is English, I assumed he played there all the time.

Stuck in the Czech Republic for the first time in many years. Though Prague is a good city for culture it still gets shunned now and then. Germany takes most of the shows in central Europe. So honestly I don't know how Squarepusher rolls but he isn't playing here anytime soon (Songkick user).

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Stuck in the Czech Republic for the first time in many years. Though Prague is a good city for culture it still gets shunned now and then. Germany takes most of the shows in central Europe. So honestly I don't know how Squarepusher rolls but he isn't playing here anytime soon (Songkick user).[/QUOTE]

That sucks man. His show was one of the most improvy electronic shows I've seen, it was great.

Saw GWAR with Devildriver, Cancer Bats and Legacy of Disorder; Halloween show tonight. Only Legacy of Disorder and Cancer Bats "dressed up" (not counting GWAR). LoD I had never really heard of, but weren't bad. Cancer Bats was my second time seeing them and before the show I got to talk to Liam and he immediatly complimented my Johnny Truant shirt and was flattered me and my friend were such fans from when we last saw them live. Like last time, fantastic live. Liam spent all of his set singing off stage over the railing singing to the fans and darting back and forth. Devildriver was Devildriver in nothing too impressive. GWAR I kinda realized was one of those bands you have to see live if you go see shows and it was chaotic, but once you get pass that song after song all blended together and I kinda got bored.

[quote name='bardockkun']GWAR I kinda realized was one of those bands you have to see live if you go see shows and it was chaotic, but once you get pass that song after song all blended together and I kinda got bored.[/QUOTE]

That's disappointing to hear. I'm a big GWAR fan and looking at their setlist they're playing a VERY good set with a lot of super old stuff. Love that Have You Seen Me? is back in their set.

[quote name='tcrash247']That's disappointing to hear. I'm a big GWAR fan and looking at their setlist they're playing a VERY good set with a lot of super old stuff. Love that Have You Seen Me? is back in their set.[/QUOTE]
I Also think it might've been a "just me and my friend" thing because we were the only sober ones there on a Halloween show. Everyone was so damn drunk or high (or both) that they could not maintain standing up straight for the most part. Though I went in on the show with knowledge of who they are mostly from Beavis and Butt-head in the 90's to leaving thinking "okay, that was as theatrical as I thought over anything else."

[quote name='bardockkun']I Also think it might've been a "just me and my friend" thing because we were the only sober ones there on a Halloween show. Everyone was so damn drunk or high (or both) that they could not maintain standing up straight for the most part. Though I went in on the show with knowledge of who they are mostly from Beavis and Butt-head in the 90's to leaving thinking "okay, that was as theatrical as I thought over anything else."[/QUOTE]

Oh, so this was your first GWAR show? I was the same way my first time. I watched the show and the music took a major backseat for me. Then I started listening to their albums and realized that they were great and comical musicians as much as showmen. America Must Be Destroyed and Scumdogs of the Universe are what you need to listen to immediately!

[quote name='tcrash247']Oh, so this was your first GWAR show? I was the same way my first time. I watched the show and the music took a major backseat for me. Then I started listening to their albums and realized that they were great and comical musicians as much as showmen. America Must Be Destroyed and Scumdogs of the Universe are what you need to listen to immediately![/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was first one. I Think it being Halloween also brought out the extra drunken highness of people. And I'll give those a purchase based on your recommendation next time I go on a CD buying binge. Though seeing them live on Halloween? I Think not for me ever again.

Haha, yeah, I would imagine you'd get a ton of morons because of Halloween. GWAR can get some pretty crazy people as it is, but mixed with Halloween sounds like a clusterfuck.

[quote name='tcrash247']Haha, yeah, I would imagine you'd get a ton of morons because of Halloween. GWAR can get some pretty crazy people as it is, but mixed with Halloween sounds like a clusterfuck.[/QUOTE]
NO ONE COULD STAND STILL AFTER DEVILDRIVER! It was insane because in between the set up time people kept swaying back and forth. It was literally like a human wave pool and it kept swaying. Hell during Devildriver I saw many a people being carried out who were passed the hell out. By the time GWAR hit the stage the entire floor area became one giant pit with pushing and shoving everywhere. I Feel sorry for any the people up front during that being crushed hardcore and getting drowned in fake blood.

Few months ago got to see Childish Gambino in ATL. I am pretty new to his stuff but got three of his albums and listened to quite a bit prior to it and he has some fast/hard rap and some decent slow jams but his concert was like nothing I expected. None of the slow stuff was played (which I would have liked) and it was more like a rock/punk concert. He was buck wild and all over the stage. It was crazy.

Did the ACL show a few weeks ago and saw a ton of bands, Avicii, Bassnectar, Big Krit, Weezer, First Aid Kit.

Tuesday I went to the Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson show.

[quote name='tcrash247']That's disappointing to hear. I'm a big GWAR fan and looking at their setlist they're playing a VERY good set with a lot of super old stuff. Love that Have You Seen Me? is back in their set.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow "Have You Seen Me"? is back?!??! That's a blast from the past! Do they still play "Saddam A go go" or "Sick of you"?

[quote name='bardockkun']I Also think it might've been a "just me and my friend" thing because we were the only sober ones there on a Halloween show. Everyone was so damn drunk or high (or both) that they could not maintain standing up straight for the most part. Though I went in on the show with knowledge of who they are mostly from Beavis and Butt-head in the 90's to leaving thinking "okay, that was as theatrical as I thought over anything else."[/QUOTE]

It's normally not a fun show when you're the only sober ones with a bunch of drunk and/or high people.

[quote name='bardockkun']NO ONE COULD STAND STILL AFTER DEVILDRIVER! It was insane because in between the set up time people kept swaying back and forth. It was literally like a human wave pool and it kept swaying. Hell during Devildriver I saw many a people being carried out who were passed the hell out. By the time GWAR hit the stage the entire floor area became one giant pit with pushing and shoving everywhere. I Feel sorry for any the people up front during that being crushed hardcore and getting drowned in fake blood.[/QUOTE]

I hate it when crowds do that stuff! Granted, they were probably so drunk/high it's all they could do to collapse in a pile on the floor.

You definitely need to see GWAR again at a non Halloween show. They are quite entertaining and you should take tcrash's suggestions and check out those albums. It's not the most amazing music ever made but it's fun nor does it take itself seriously.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Oh wow "Have You Seen Me"? is back?!??! That's a blast from the past! Do they still play "Saddam A go go" or "Sick of you"?[/QUOTE]

Yup, they play both of them. Last time I saw them live was a year or two ago and they played Have You Seen Me? and closed with Sick of You. It was magical. It's a shame that they don't play or use Gor-Gor anymore, I loved that dinosaur.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']

You definitely need to see GWAR again at a non Halloween show. They are quite entertaining and you should take tcrash's suggestions and check out those albums. It's not the most amazing music ever made but it's fun nor does it take itself seriously.[/QUOTE]
Random dumb thing I'd share, but when Oderus was doing his intro to "Hail Genocide" with the "This song is a tribute to America, for killing the Indians, dropping two bombs on a country...oh yeah and KILLING HITLER!" I tried starting a USA chant, but instead I got alot of weird awkward stares. I Guess being the only Asian guy in the crowd and trying to start a "USA!" chant is a bit too weird even for them.

Though I think despite the Halloween show being a bit too hectic and the most weed smoke I've ever smelt in such a small environment, I think I'll see them again eventually. I Got a few friends who have never seen them and want to go, but never get the chance and they're always on tour. Otherwise I'll give them another chance...just not on Halloween ever again.

That and having seen so many metal and other shows live, I have to say this is the only time ever where I felt my non drinking and non drug taking life choice effected the show for me and my friend.

Saw Napalm Death, Municipal Waste, Exhumed,and Vektor on Saturday in the NYC before Sandy hit. Killer show. Lots of energy and one big circle pit in the middle of the floor the entire show. All the band killed it, although I would have liked Vektor to have a longer set. First time Ive ever heard Exhumed and they were great. Look forward to checking out all these bands again.

Saw Umphrey's Mcgee and Bright Light Social Hour who opened.

Bright Light Social Hour was horrible, generic southern shitty rock.

Umphrey's Mcgee was decent, but the crowd was horrible. All it was was disrespectful college age douchebags who were loud, rude and obnoxious as fuck. Me and my GF left partway through the second set because of douchebags dancing and hitting me and my gf's seats constantly and being loud.

[quote name='tcrash247']Yup, they play both of them. Last time I saw them live was a year or two ago and they played Have You Seen Me? and closed with Sick of You. It was magical. It's a shame that they don't play or use Gor-Gor anymore, I loved that dinosaur.[/QUOTE]

Bad ass! Yes, I miss Gor-Gor :cry:

[quote name='bardockkun']Random dumb thing I'd share, but when Oderus was doing his intro to "Hail Genocide" with the "This song is a tribute to America, for killing the Indians, dropping two bombs on a country...oh yeah and KILLING HITLER!" I tried starting a USA chant, but instead I got alot of weird awkward stares. I Guess being the only Asian guy in the crowd and trying to start a "USA!" chant is a bit too weird even for them.

Though I think despite the Halloween show being a bit too hectic and the most weed smoke I've ever smelt in such a small environment, I think I'll see them again eventually. I Got a few friends who have never seen them and want to go, but never get the chance and they're always on tour. Otherwise I'll give them another chance...just not on Halloween ever again.

That and having seen so many metal and other shows live, I have to say this is the only time ever where I felt my non drinking and non drug taking life choice effected the show for me and my friend.[/QUOTE]

Strange based on most GWAR crowds I've seen they would have been into that. Or, maybe they were a "it's cool to hate the USA" crowd.
However, that is more often a punk show thing, not a metal one.

Another possibility is they saw your were Asian and were like "he's not American" :roll:

That's good and I hope your next show is better than this one. I went to Unholy Alliance in 05 (I think) line up was Mastodon, Children of Bodom, LOG, and Slayer. There was a ton of drinking and rec. substances around me but it didn't effect my experience. However, the show was during the Summer and outside. I can remember when smoking was still allowed inside the music venues and it was horrible. Many times after I left the show I would have headaches and my eyes would be burning. I'm so glad Ohio stopped allowing smoking inside music venues.

[quote name='motorkill']Saw Napalm Death, Municipal Waste, Exhumed, and Vektor on Saturday in the NYC before Sandy hit. Killer show. Lots of energy and one big circle pit in the middle of the floor the entire show. All the band killed it, although I would have liked Vektor to have a longer set. First time Ive ever heard Exhumed and they were great. Look forward to checking out all these bands again.[/QUOTE]

Nice lineup!!!! Did Napalm play a nice mix of new and old? Exhumed is great live!

I Want to say too intoxicated eitherway. Though now I'm really curious how shows are going to be here in Denver, since now we're first state to "legalize it".

I shot video of C+C Music Factory two weekends ago, and last night was an extra in Gavin DeGraw's music video "Soldier" . Gavin sure was a sailor with his f bombs and he was fun to hang around with afterwards.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']

Nice lineup!!!! Did Napalm play a nice mix of new and old? Exhumed is great live![/QUOTE]

Yeah about. Even got a Dead Kennedys cover as well, but mostly current stuff.

bread's done
Back